BZPRPG - Onu-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Onepu & Phantom

"Right. I'll attend to my other business in that case. Best of luck to you, for everyone's sake."

The Phantom's face went blank as he felt Syvra's stare. His life in someone else's hands was not a feeling he liked. It would take some... adjustment before he could feel fully comfortable around the Toa. 

OOC: Hey jailbirds, there'll be countermeasures against mask-sharing, just so you know. Still iffy on them letting anyone who doesn't need a mask keep one, even if it's a Rau.

Edited by The Fifth Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC: Syvra

Syvra merely offered Onepu a light dip of his head as a form of response. He looked back to Demos/Phantom then to Seren

"I'm going to find an Inn to stay at for the night, I'll leave Demos in your hands Seren while we are still in Onu-koro. However we will meet infront of the ussalry building an hour before sunrise. I would suggest having all affairs in order since there is a possibility we may not come back alive." He said to the two in a somewhat authoritative, yet cautionary tone. 

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC: Lash.

"Oi, where's Sajis, or Vesun, or one of those other idiots?!" Lash stormed into the Ussalry Headquarters, pushing a very panicked Curmudgeon before her. "I want someone out here right now to explain why the kraz there was a crab outside my home!" 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: (Silo)

"And how exactly do you intend to get his mask into your cell?"

On cue, another wave of dizziness struck the Ba-Toa.

"Anyway, there are elemental inhibitor fields around the cells: you can use your powers if you're strong enough, but only inside the cell. And I did have a plan of escape."

The bounty-hunter sighed.

"At least I've got allies on the outside, but they probably won't be coming any time soon."

Kathok

IC: Nialus

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.

He gazed intently at the enigmatic device hanging upon the wall. 3rd Dynasty. Era XII Matoran Writing lining the sides of it. Pure crystal window. Bronze hands clicking along the papyrus surface. Only operational for - the Toa thought for a moment - another three months. When it stopped working, he would take into the back room... fix it, modify it... and set it back up on the wall. And thus it would continue it's life until he was too old or too dead to fix it anymore. It was truly a wonder of engineering, to be honest - how the Ancients had managed it, he did not know. Even today, such mechanical marvels were rare, and quite costly. He was proud to own one... though, he might trade it for one of those new versions of the Volo Lutu launcher. He’d heard they were quite powerful, even for someone as strong as him.

The Onu-Toa took a long look across his shop - the shelves lining the walls, decorated with valuable artifacts and ancient relics collected across the years. The floor beneath him - reached by a lift - he knew was full of row upon row of bookshelves, all stuffed with tablets and ancient papyrus scrolls, detailing history, myths, legends, Chronicles, and more. It was - as Kaama used to put it - a nerd's paradise. To him, though, it was priceless.

He sighed, and ran his sharpened claws gently down the head of the Kavinika lying down by his legs. The dimming lightstone-lamp atop his desk slightly illuminated the Rahi's face, allowing the scar across her right eye to glow with an eerie darkness. Skratch. That was her name. As he ran his hand down her back, she rumbled with pleasure. He nodded his head in understanding, and replied with a short series of growls: You're welcome, he said.

The way her ears pricked up when he spoke to her almost made him smile. Gone were the days when he wore a Rau - and thus, everyone expected his days of communing with animals to be gone, too. But it was not so. Taking his time, the Toa of Earth learned the language of the Rahi, slowly but steadily teaching himself how to communicate with nature. He memorized a major portion of their languages, and now no longer needed a Rau to speak with them. Sure, he wasn't an expert, and he couldn't understand all creatures - insects were particularly difficult - but he had learned what he needed.

As he traced his Kanohi with his fingers, he remembered that important day in his life when he had received his new mask - a Kanohi Matatu, the Mask of Telekinesis. It had a modified scope that resembled the one from an Akaku, and one feature was that it was programmed with a number of translations. It was almost like having a double-powered mask, though the hardware of the scope wasn't powerful enough to harbor a large number of foreign alphabets. Still, he liked it. The friend that had given it to him had been very... significant to him. And he wouldn't trade it in for a hundred Raus.

Standing from his desk, the Toa moved to the window and looked out. He could see hundred of lightstones, spread throughout the caverns of Onu-Koro, gently lighting up the vast city. He could see gems and crystals lining the ceiling high above, glinting in the light. They were almost as good as the stars. Almost. But it had been too long since he had seen the real thing, and he didn't necessarily want to - after all, he was an Onu-being. He preferred the darkness, the compactness, and the dirt... didn't he? Maybe. He wasn't sure. Either way, he belonged in Onu-Koro, that much was certain. His skills were needed here - writing, recording, collecting, copying, selling, repeating. Skratch must've sensed his thoughts - she snarled softly, hinting at dubiousness.

He shrugged and moved to the door. Fastening his cloak and bringing the hood up, the Toa reached up above the door frame and pulled down his Toa tool - a hand-forged hammer/axe combination, his prized possession - and opened the large, wooden door to his house. Upon stepping out onto the narrow stone path leading to the village, he snarled a few quick words to Skratch - Stay behind, keep watch. Of course, came the answer in a series of growls. For the second time today, he almost smiled.

After locking the door, Nialus walked off into the darkness, his cloak billowing out beneath him in his own wake. As the tip of his weapon thudded along the path, echoing ominously into the night, the muscular Toa of Earth made his way towards the village.

OOC: Waiting for interaction with Requiem

Edited by Jakura Nuva
  • Upvote 2

IC: Phantom/Demos

The only affairs he had were related to his imprisonment. Though maybe his altered ego had other ideas. There was no use in him staying around anyways.

His posture straightened, and he pulled the skull-like helmet off of his new Calix. He sighed through his nose. "I suppose I ought to make arrangements for my library to pass on to someone less... criminal." He started walking, figuring Seren would follow him. He returned to his home and set to work drafting a document to pass the store on to his best employee, though legal ownership would go to Priicu of Ko-Koro, should he come.

IC: Onepu

The Ussal Captain raised an irritated brow at the Vortixx (Lash) who had just stormed into the HQ. "Excuse me, ma'am," he said with little patience in his tone, "But the Ussalry cannot be held accountable for the actions of every Ussal in the city." He gestured at its armor. "This crab currently belongs to the rentals, as it lacks the Ussalry's seal on its shell."

Ruwe, his own Ussal, approached the panicked crab and gave it a few reassuring clicks. 

Edited by The Fifth Spoilers

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Kavala

(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ, cell):

"Then wait we shall", Kavala said. Although his voice was incredibly weak due to the absence of his mask, he tried to sound as determined as possible. "Meanwhile, we might as well learn everything useful about each other... and make some future plans. Say... you have heard of Xa-Koro, right?"

IC Kavala

Despite his dizziness (or perhaps fuelled by it) Kavala laughed. He laughed long and hard, leaving Silo and Danaku stunned. He must have given the impression of a madman.

"What do I want to know about it?" he laughed some more. "I've lived in that place for years, even after it sunk! I know more about Xa-Koro than anyone on this island! No, I was enquiring whether you've heard of it, and I'm glad to hear you have not forgotten it..."

He looked at Danaku. "Well, at least not everyone has."

Kavala coughed and resumed his usual dark and deep tone. "Anyway, do you know what is now standing where Xa-Koro once was?"

IC Kavala

"Don't mind if I do", Kavala said in a sort of counter-offensive manner at Silo's mocking tone. "I was the sole inhabitant of the Xa-Koro ruins when the marines from Ga-Koro arrived. They wanted to annex the area but I told them the land belongs to me. Well, of course those nasty little thieves didn't even consider my words and proceeded to invade. I did what I could as the only defender of the area and almost managed to knock over one of their ships, but considering I was outnumbered one to a hundred I'm surprised I lasted as long as I did. Anyway, they threw me in jail for the terrible crime of protecting my home and later released me in Ga-Koro. I returned to the Kumu Islets, and there it was... a monstrous fortress standing on top of the remains of the glorious Xa-Koro."

Kavala relayed all this in a narrative voice comparable to that of a drunken wise-cracking Turaga.

"They call it the Rockwall. I call it a pesthole. The point is, I'm trying to reclaim the land of Xa-Koro back from those pesky little vampires of Ga-Koro. If we make it out of here, would you have any interest in helping with the cause?"

IC: Danaku Ran (Onu-Koro Prison)

He had no idea where any of those places were, but he was interested in Kavala's offer."I have no place to go, really, so why not. Although I don't know how exactly I can help you." This reminded him that he still didn't know his mask power. Maybe it could be helpful? "By the way, do you know what power does my mask have?"

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Syvra

Syvra narrowed his eyes as he watched Demos/Phantom walk off, likely with seren close behind. Onepu had also left and somehow he was left once again by himself. With a sigh he walked out of the ussalry and towards the business section of Onu-koro. As he walked his eyes would wander to the various parts of the koro.

So much had happened to him in this cursed koro, most of it unpleasant. He had first encountered the brotherhood here and was tortured and brainwashed. He knew if it wasn't for Venixa, the unaccounted for variable, that he would be just another mindless servant to the brotherhood, without a will of his own. But thanks to her he had been able to retain his will, though he did see Ak'rei'an as the superior and only true deity of this island, but he was not so blindly loyal that he could not see the benefits of assisting makuta's forces, if only to further Ak'rei'an's own actions. Yet in this city of pain he had also found some pleasure, such as getting his customized weapon crafted, and then being able to root the brotherhood out of this wahi...

He shook his head as if to dispell the memories. He didn't have time to be fantasizing about the past, he had to focus on the present and future. Afterall he had a brotherhood to bring down.

OOC: Syvra open for 'short' interaction

Edited by Voxumo

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Lash whirled on the newcomer. She didn't recognise him, but he looked important. "This crab was with one of your Ussalry guys. You can tell Sajis that her recruit went on a drinking spree and left his crab outside my house!" This was turning out well. This guy couldn't know who or what she was talking about, and if Sajis heard it secondhand from someone in authority, she might be more inclined to believe that Reson had gone off drunk, and was not in fact tied up in the cellar of Lash's inn. 

"Now, as much as I'd love to babysit a drunk guy's crab, I have better things to do with my life," Lash scowled, "just tell that to Sajis." she looked around, "where is she, anyway?" 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC Skoll

Strange dreams, fighting, stabbing. Odd light patterns?

No matter, I notice a toa is bound nearby, maskless and gagged. I must be in the wine storage area, an obvious move as the front was dry. I stagger while getting up, walk to the toa and pull his gag out. Jostling him awake. "Who are you?"

...but close to it

He raised an eyebrow. "Ma'am, calm down, a crab in front of someone's dwelling is hardly an offense. It was probably just hungry." He motioned to Ruwe, who understood and attempted to lead the crab to the stables, but it didn't budge. "As for Sajis, she's on duty as far as I know. Now, you say an Ussalman got drunk and left his crab... That doesn't sound like anyone I know. Did you catch his name, or description?" He really didn't need this right now... But he had nothing better to do that didn't involve sitting behind a desk.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: Reson.

"Aw, my head..." Reson groaned, trying to move and finding himself all tied up... in a wine-cellar. Was he hungover again?

No! Slowly, it all came back to him. Tracking Lash, being attacked by her Rahkshi... "Ugh, I'm Reson. Who are you?"

"His name's Reson. He's the idiot who was with Sajis this morning when I entered the city, and then I helped them out when they were tracking down that missing Matoran. He headed off in a sulk when Sajis said they were taking the prisoner's mask, and that's the last I saw of him, until he shows up at the door of the inn where I'm staying and leaves this crab outside, then goes off drinking." 

She folded her arms across her chest and scowled coldly, "What is that crab even doing?" she noticed Reson's crab seeming to try to lead the other back towards the door, with little success. An awful thought crossed Lash's mind, but she swiftly quashed it. There was no way the crab was smart enough to lead the Ussalry back to Reson, was there? "Now, I don't care if you knew about Reson or not, but I suggest you be more careful about who you recruit from now on." 

IC: Danaku Ran (Onu-Koro Prison)

"Oh, well that doesn't sound too good.. I wonder why they let me keep it?" He thinks for a moment, and then removes his mask. "Hatario Pijolo Ala Kam Neza?" He realises that he just spoke in a foreign language. He puts the mask back on his face. "Wow, that was weird. I guess I need it to talk with you"

Edited by Daniel the Finlander

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

IC: (Silo)

"I expect so...still, it seem odd that they would let you keep it..."

He looked thoughtful again.

"I would be happy to accompany you to Xa..." Silo wasn't sure if he was yet, but if it meant a higher chance of escape, he would gladly take it.

"Do you have any allies on the outside? I mean, who were you with? And also..." Silo frowned; "What element are you?"

Kathok

He gave a nod to Ruwe, and the crab let Curmudgeon lead her out the door. "I have never met this Reson-"

One of the Ussalmatoran nearby piped up. "Sajis came by earlier and had him drafted."

His brow furrowed. "I trust Sajis's judgment, but this is a strange situation. I will see what I can do. Where did he go to drink?"

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Skoll

"Ugh, I'm Reson. Who are you?"

The bound toa spoke roughly, clearly in discomfort. However, he did not strain against his bounds. The lack of a mask leaving him weak.

"The name is Skoll, I figure the she-vortixx that runs this place did you in? She is the shifty sort." I walk away, going back to my original intention of finding the drink in this dank celler.

...but close to it

IC Kavala

"I have an ally within the Rockwall, studying it. He doesn't even know I'm here now, though. If we get away and meet up with him, I'm sure he will have lots of information to share."

Kavala realized now that allies were essential in achieving his goals. The two times he had been beaten he hadn't had any allies with him. Then again, he also recalled how a potential ally, Lash, had been the one to betray and strike him down.

You should have allies, Kavala thought. But you must never trust them.

"No... it wasn't her, it was..." he trailed off, realising how crazy this was going to sound, "...it was a Rahkshi. Hey, where are you going?" 

"Where id he go?" Lash repeated dumbly, "Karz if I know. He- where are those crabs going?" She began to get a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. Maybe the Ussal actually was smart enough to lead this guy back to Reson. That would be unpleasant for everyone involved. "Never mind. As I was saying, I have no idea where he went after he dumped the crab with me, and frankly, I don't really care. Just... deal with it somehow." 

She started walking away. If Reson's Ussal really was heading back to the inn, she needed to get there first. 

His brow furrowed further. Why was she so preoccupied with those crabs? She'd neglected to mention where exactly she lived, so he'd have to catch up with her... She'd probably just flip out again if she spotted him, however, and both she and the crabs were acting strangely. There was little reason to fear anything serious, but he decided to follow along without alerting her. 

He emerged from the HQ in time to see Ruwe and the other crab disappear down a street.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Sorry about this, Skoll...

Lash knew she had a problem. The two Ussal crabs were indeed headed towards the inn. Knowing that attacking either one of them would be a bad idea, she rushed past them, getting to the inn on the very edge of the city a good five minutes ahead of them, before slamming the door behind her. There was no sign of Skoll. Either he'd gone upstairs, or he was in the alcohol cellar with the prisoner. Either way, she didn't care right now. She found the innkeeper's keys and used them to lock the cellar door, then she locked and boarded the front door, just to be on the safe side and buy herself a little more time.

Finally, she picked up Breathless' squirming Kraata and threw it into a baggy empty satchel, which she quickly dumped right next to the Rahkshi suit, where it could easily climb inside and power up. Her work complete, she waited - ironically enough - breathlessly, for the Ussalry to arrive. 

When she started running, that was what clinched it. She was hiding something. He still hadn't any idea what, but as she dashed past the Ussal Crabs, he was certain something was wrong. He waited until she'd gone far enough ahead, then vaulted onto Ruwe, urging her to a gallop. She could easily overtake a running Vortixx, but Onepu didn't want to alert her, he wanted to know where she was headed.

He arrived at the inn shortly after she did, keeping out of sight. He didn't know what his options were. It could be an illegal trade... or something as drastic as a bomb. How to proceed... He needed backup. Noting the location, he urged Ruwe away to look for help. Sajis, maybe.

BZPRPG Profiles

"That would be a door," Reson commented, trying and failing to pull himself upright. Instead, he only succeeded in knocking a very old, brittle bottle of something down off the shelf, which shattered all over him, covering him if cheap alcohol. "Get me the karz out of here!" he demanded. 

IC Tuli, Kirgan & Khervos

(Onu-Koro, Ferron's forge):

Tuli found herself greatful that Ferron was her boss. Not only was he a good friend, but he was also very understanding and lenient with her and her impulsive requests. Since meeting for the first time, the two had developed a friendship which was beyond the standard employer-employee relationship.

"Thanks Ferron", Tuli said with a warm smile. "I'll make sure not to be away too long."

Taking her satchel, Tuli walked over to join Kirgan and Khervos. "Alright, let's go then."

Khervos nodded to Tuli and waved goodbye to Ferron. The Matoran trio walked out of the forge.

"You didn't need to come", Khervos said to Tuli.

"Are you kidding?" Tuli chided back. "Where would you be today without me covering your back?"

Khervos chuckled. "Probably living a peaceful existence in Ta-Koro, flirting with pretty girls in the Lavapool Inn..."

Tuli shoved Khervos roughly but playfully. Kirgan merely stared, unsure how to react to being the obvious third wheel in the discussion. Khervos noticed this and decided to return to the matter at hand.

"We're going to the Ussalry headquarters to get Vesun", Khervos said. "He can decide on what to do next."

After a short while, the trio arrived at the headquarters. They went to the room Vesun was in.

"Vesun?" Kirgan said, not sure if the Toa was still sleeping or not.

IC: Vesun

Vesun floated upwards, his density just barely lighter than air. Just a few more meters, he estimated. Slowly he allowed his mass to increase, and he sank down onto a ledge of rock protruding from a cliff. He opened his eyes. Vesun surveyed his village, filled with peaceful - Skakdi? Or maybe Vortixx? He couldn't tell... everything was getting dark. But the darkness was coming from the villagers - they were just blobs of shadow now. They expanded and slowly filled his field of vision. He looked at his hands, but they were not there. This again, he realized with dread. Two red dots appeared at his right, two green at his left. They began to counterrotate, and some kind of chanting began. "Eyes in the dark, two siblings sundered. The void in the void brings heroes from thunder." The chanting suddenly stopped, and the green lights went out. Slowly the red filled his vision, and Vesun woke with a start.

"Wha!" He sat straight up, panting. After a moment of disorientation, he realized someone was calling his name. He looked over to see Kirgan at the door. "Oh. Yes, I... just a moment, Kirgan." He shook his head to clear it, then slid out of bed, putting on his pack and sheathed halberd. "All right. Yes?"

BZPRPG Profile: Vesun.

Subtlety is more powerful than strength.

IC Kirgan, Khervos & Tuli

(Onu-Koro, Ussalry HQ):

Kirgan noticed Vesun was slightly disoriented. Nightmares... he thought, recalling the way he had acted in the past when waking up from a bad dream.

Deciding to ignore that for now, Kirgan pointed at the Ta-Matoran who had joined him and Khervos. "This is Tuli", he said. "She wants to join us and help you find a cure to your amnesia."

Tuli nodded a greeting. "You must be Vesun."

IC:

Tarnok had watched the exchange that occurred in silence, offering neither comment nor criticism. It wasn't his business, after all, if anything it seemed to be of the rather personal sort. When the new arrivals, and Ferron's assistant, had left, he took a few steps back towards the counter, sternly ordering his muscles to comply with his will. Upon reaching the counter, he extended a hand.

"Thank you for your time, Turaga. I promise not to take any more of it." Then, with a hint of a dry smile, he added, "And I hope I haven't insulted you, nor Kehuri's, species too badly."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Ferron (Ferron's Forge)

Ferron chuckled, and shook his head.

"Don't you worry, we're made of thicker skin than that"

"And please," he added as he shook the Ussalmatoran's hand firmly, "what time I have is yours to take if you need it. That's what Turaga do, isn't it?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...