Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Dorian (Casa Shaddix, Ga-Koro)A glimmer of hurt or insult or something must have shone through my eyes, because I saw Kynaera's eyes dull momentarily as I brushed my cheekbone and I saw the corners of her mouth flicker downward in a silent apology as I mulled over an answer."Would you like to come in?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC-Praggos:However, while most of the guards had left, some of them had caught a Toa of Ice as he walked away from the scene, trying to just shrug everything that happened off. And now they were dragging said Toa of Ice off towards a guard station.Praggos rolled his eyes as he walked along, before discreetly retrieving a small vial from one of his pockets-it was filled with an exceptionally concentrated amount of the gas that came from a Madu Cabolo. After that he performed a short breathing exercise to prepare himself.And he threw the vial to the ground, hard. It shattered, releasing the gas in a large cloud, setting the marines about him to coughing, and, eventually, unconsciousness. He, however, backed away quickly, already somewhat lightheaded, as he broke his handcuffs with a spike of ice through the centre link, freeing his hands.He then ducked down another alley, pulling out a bottle of his wine and taking the drunk act up again, slowly stumbling along, seemingly relying on the buildings beside him for support, as he went to find himself a good place to sleep.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: KynaeraNighttimeDorian's beach house, Ga-Wahi coastKynaera tilted her head to the left, examining Dorian's mouth and cheeks. Her gaze slipped down to his marred chest armor, then to his right arm, propped against his ribs while he brushed with a knuckle the spot of skin just below his right eye."Sure," she said finally, her eyes again meeting Dorian's.

Edited by Legolover-361

IC, Perkahn:(Ga-Koro Streets)The Toa of Iron shot a glance at Kaithas, an analytical glance, Perkahn's face illuminated by the nighttime torches and the midnight moonlight in something of a mystifying manner."Congratulations, you challenged a dangerous psychopath criminal to a drinking contest and lived to tell the tale."There didn't seem to be the least semblance of a smile in Perkahn's expression. And he didn't seem amused by far. "Any idea where he's gone?"

Edited by Ironheart

IC: Dorian (Casa Shaddix, Ga-Koro)A flicker of doubt punctuated the pensive silence of the Ga-Koro midnight, and blue met green wordlessly; Kynaera, as always, seemed to understand what I was feeling before I could even express it, and I adored her for it. I always had. Even after...A blink, and the moment was gone, crushed into dust and scattered through the open front door. I slid to the right, matador style, and let the Toa of Gravity enter as I closed the door silently behind her. She sat down on the couch, her eyes never leaving me, and I moved into where I assumed the kitchen would be as I looked for some alcohol. I grabbed a bottle of scotch and withdrew the shot glass I had taken with me from the bar I'd met Cylund at; for Kynaera, I grabbed a glass and a bottle of red wine, setting both of them on the dining room table and pouring a glass of each."I'd ask if you were stalking me, but I get the feeling that I'm not exactly high enough on your list of priorities right now to merit it."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: VranaAt Cadias' outburst Vrana said nothing, but he prepared should the blade change targets. But it never did, striking only the now shattered stump was all that Cadias' rage had lead to. "Toa, nothing more than a word. If it were a title held in higher regard, then you would hear tales of those on this island that have all of those qualities that you believe make a hero. But you don't, even the bravest and most heroic barely get the slightest mention. All you here is of the failure of the Toa Mata, heroism is so easily forgotten but the slightest failure has scarred the view of all Toa."The Black Bird walked over towards a broken branch that was upon the ground. Picking it up, he turned to Cadias. "This branch is no different than a Toa, and the tree no different from the Matoran. While it is strong, the branch stands proudly around the tree. But when it breaks, it is left there upon the ground, and a new branch takes its place." He threw the broken branch aside, before speaking again. "What is honor? Following rules set by others that you are expected to follow, and given no reason as to why? What good does honor ever do? It means that danger never dies, it merely continues to grow. Courage is bravely standing against all foes, despite the odds. But why fight a foe for another when they would merely force you to the front lines it they were to face whatever may threaten them? Sacrifice is throwing away your life for those of others. And yet, could you not save more life by not dying? The expectations of a Toa are nothing but ways to keep their lives short. They either die as a hero, or live and see the darkness that inhabits those they protect.""Matoran have numbers on their side, if an entire village rose up to fight, they could easily do more than any Toa ever could. But they don't, they expect others to do that dangerous work for them. Some may join the guard, but that is little more than glorified cowards. They deal with catching people who break their rules, which they expect all others to follow."At the mention of Mata Nui, Vrana almost let out a sickening laugh. "Mata Nui? What does the imaginations of the Matoran have to do with their corruption? A magical being with great power that protected and gave them what they desired. How is that any different from what the expect of Toa? They want everything, but have no desire to work towards it themselves, preferring to let others pave the path for them."He turned, pale white eyes looking piercingly into those of Cadias, as though knives trying to slice away at the beliefs of the Toa. "Your duty is to whatever you wish it to be. You are not some tool of the Matoran, not a weapon. Do not treat yourself as such, you have the choice to be so much more. The only reason you gained power was through luck, nothing more."He flexed his wings, seeming to think for a moment, searching for a reply. "When the Matoran work together, they can solve their own problems. And yet, they care only about themselves, making working as a team something reserved only for sport. They abandoned me when I could not help them any longer, because I did not follow their rules. But why should I? What good would helping them do, when all it leads is to a live of misery. You are no more a failure than I, both choosing not to be weapons for those who only use others until they are of no further use.""We are not failures, Cadias. We are merely free."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC, Perkahn:(Ga-Koro)Perkahn wasn't too comfortable with being called a friend of Kaithas at this point, like the Toa of Iron was some little boy. Perkahn was pretty sure he was older, if not in age than at least in mentality, than both of these people (first impressions could lie, of course, but, after all, Perkahn had a family... somewhere... and he was pretty sure he was having a middle life crisis lately, too). He sighed, shooting another analytical glance at the pair."I'm Highwind. And I'm pretty sure that unless you can tell me something about the Hau-wearing Toa of Iron fellow who recently was here and caused a pesky bit of havoc, my job here's done." he said to Slannak.

Edited by Ironheart

IC, Perkahn:(Ga-Koro)The Toa grinned, for about a second. Now they were getting somewhere. Mentally, he started composing a list of people entangled in the situation: the waitress, the Toa of Ice. The waitress, he deduced after a second of thinking, couldn't really be involved, considering Dorian's apparent habit for not really having a particular penchant for close relationships - he had no problem hitting on her, even though Nikarra was only rescued several hours ago. Speaking of which, where was Nikarra? If Dorian was in Ga-Koro, then Nikarra...Bingo."This Toa of Ice. Mind describing him?"

OOC: Introducing my new character: Malik/Alaric Shaddix.IC: MalikMy boots touched down softly on the smooth sand of Ga-Wahi's beach. After months of searching, I'd finally been able to stumble across a clue, it was weak, but it was one none the less. Evidently around this very grove I was standing in, a person matching the description of my brother, which mind you isn't that hard, had been fight some other Toa. Two beings had also died and been buried here, the way I figured it, they're graves would lead me to him.Thus was why I was about to do one of the more despicable acts I've done. I was going to be digging up a grave. I wish there was another way, but I was done to no other choice. I needed to make good on this one lead I had, regardless of the cost. I had to find out what happened, for my brother, and for my sister. She needed to finally have peace as well.Grabbing the shovel I had brought with me, I got to work. Driving the iron spade deep into the earth, I slowly but surely began to dig up the first grave. Hopefully all the answers I needed would be provided in this first grave and I wouldn't have to soil my hands digging up another grave. Why'd it have to come to this, what went so wrong that our entire family had been torn apart. Poor sweet little sister, in just a split second you'd been torn from our lives.A resounding Clang! as my shovel made contact. Inwardly I cursed, how much lower could I stoop, I'd just defiled the body as well. Well there was no need worrying about it now. I got to my knees and began clearing away the dirt covering the body. I'd come this far, no point in turning back. The body itself was mangled it was difficult to tell who it had once been. However a glint of light caught my eye.There, around what appeared to be the neck was a small pendent. Picking it up, I brought it closer to my eye to get a better look at it. Then a tear rolled down my cheek. I knew who's pendent this was, the logo of the band Daybreak was engraved proudly on it's surface. This pendent had belonged to my brother. It appeared I had been too late. My brother was dead. I was the last of the Shaddix's.It was a while before I finally lifted my head, filling the last of my tears end. Clutching the pendent tightly, I got up, resolving to one and for all deal with the murderer of my family. I pocketed the pendent in my pocket, before proceeding to cover up my brother's grave. May you rest in peace Dorian, perhaps in the after life, you'll finally be able to be a hero like you always dreamed.After finishing covering up the grave, I grabbed my shovel, "Absorb," I said, feeling the energy from the shovel enter me as it disappeared. Then I began walking away, my last lead had been exhausted, and at this point, I wasn't sure where to look next, but I would find the murderer. Mark my words, one day I would find him, and justice would be had. That much I was sure about.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC: Emotia - Casa Juturna, Ga-Wahi -Emotia sighed. "If she says she's fine, then she's fine. Speaking of Reaver...she's the one who suggested I wear this to the wedding." Emotia pulled out the golden dress from behind the closet, showing it to Labelle. "Isn't it amazing?" IC: Havon - Hospital, Ga-koro -Havon looked a bit hurt as Miha said those things and slammed the door in all their faces, but he shook it off and addressed the rest of the team. "Let's just...give her time...I'm sure she'll come back."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: CadiasCadias laughed bitterly. "You just don't get it, do you?""All my life, I've done nothing. This isn't the first time I've realized it. I knew that I must have a purpose, that there must have been something I could do besides drifting around. It's like a part of me is missing, Vrana- it's like I'm only half of myself. And now, I've discovered my purpose, as glaringly obvious as it was, only to find that I've come nowhere close to fulfilling it.""Perhaps I have this power through sheer luck. Perhaps I was chosen. It doesn't matter. What matters is that I do have it. And perhaps, if others with this power cared to use it, we would have stood a chance. But we've lost our window of opportunity. The Makuta is too powerful for any one group of Toa to face him- no, almost all of us would have to to stand a chance. And that's what frustrates me, Vrana- no matter what I do, more people will die, because the others won't stand! What point is there in my protecting Matoran if more are inevitably going to die? And if I can't protect the Matoran, then what do I do? Go back to drifting? The longer this fight stretches, the deadlier it will become! And there's no way to... stop it......"He frowned, as if something he hadn't thought of before had occurred to him. After a moment, he focused back on Vrana."What's the point of being free, Vrana, if you have no purpose?"

IC: Vrana"I understand more than you know. I played that part for decades, but just look at how well it ended for me. I've been the hero, I've done what good I could for far too long. The Matoran just don't care. Unless you can instantly fix all of their problems, then you are nothing but an item to be used."It sickened him slightly, that Cadias could be so heavily weighted by his blind desire to be the hero. There was nothing but suffering and pain awaiting down that path. Cadias hadn't felt it yet, he hadn't been through what Vrana had. "Is it not obvious to you? No matter what you do, others will never see it as enough, they will always complain that you could have done better, despite that they themselves do absolutely nothing. The only purpose in life is to live, and within time, everything you do will be forgotten and treated as though it were nothing.""That is the curse of power, the desire to use it, to further your own goals, no matter what the costs. For some, that means wasting their lives to defend those who don't even care enough to defend themselves. Others choose differently, seeing the darkness and setting out on their own, not allowing themselves to be abused by the wretched Matoran. Those that use the power to protect the Matoran only do so for so long, before that power, or their very lives have been lost into the abyss of memories, only to fade away. They don't care, the Matoran don't care. If you saved them from danger, do you think they would even care enough to learn your name, or merely move on without even the slightest thought?""The fight against the Makuta... the rumors that the Turaga create, to convince the Toa to defend the Matoran. I have never seen the Makuta, and I know of none who have. All I have ever seen are angered Rahi, and those who follow the rumors, crafting a trail of darkness. Makuta is nothing but a shadow, to give face to the fear. And fear is something the Matoran have in great supply."The Black Bird reached into his armor, pulling out a dull and pitted metal locket. "The point of being free is its own purpose. To let none control you, to live life as you want to, in honor of those who could not."OOC: Do you remember this locket, Cadias? :D

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: Utu - Ga-Koro AlleysUtu wiped the blood from his nose, the quick battle with Dorian had left him sore, and still a little dazed, "Arekule kept me alive."He spat up blood again, "Don't get excited. He's a moron and a fool. He tried to convince me Tank was evil incarnate."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC: Dorian (Casa Shaddix, Ga-Koro)[...] I grabbed a bottle of scotch and withdrew the shot glass I had taken with me from the bar I'd met Cylund at; for Kynaera, I grabbed a glass and a bottle of red wine, setting both of them on the dining room table and pouring a glass of each."I'd ask if you were stalking me, but I get the feeling that I'm not exactly high enough on your list of priorities right now to merit it."
IC: KynaeraNighttimeDorian's beach house, Ga-Wahi coastKynaera inclined her head as she lifted her glass of red wine and gently swilled its contents. She had crossed her right leg over her left knee and now leaned against the couch's back with her left hand, the one holding her drink, inches above her lap and her right hand splayed on the cushions beside her. While her pose was lethargic, her face remained alert in an expressionless fashion; even in private, with an old friend, she couldn't shake her habits: Give nothing away. Stay mysterious. Stay distant. Emotional attachment is dangerous..."You're at the bottom of the priority list, actually," she said with a straight face, and sipped her wine. "But that's beside the point. You look hurt. What happened?"Her usual curt intone was now colored with a hint of worry. Just because her face betrayed no emotion didn't mean she felt none.

IC-Praggos:"Well, there's two sides to the argument: Either he's purely altruistic, trying to get the 'best' for the rest of us Mark Bearers, or he's got his own plan he's working with. However, we aren't Tank, so we can't know." Praggos shrugged."Come with me, you look like you could use some rest."

profiles i guess

IC: Utu - Ga-Koro AlleysUtu checked the next corner before the pair continued walking again, "I'll admit, I underestimated Tank, but something I know for sure, he's not the evil Arekule says he is. There's not enough room on this island for more than one Master of Shadows."He sighed. He wasn't too sure about that.

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC-Praggos:"I do believe that Arekule may have been exaggerating, trying to get you onto his side, something which obviously backfired-however, as you have no doubt learned, Tank should not be given the same level of trust he had before." Praggos opened the door to a small building, stepping inside and then quickly out."Come," he said, leading Utu over to the three-room hut he had rented for the night, leading the other Toa of Ice in, before he sat down upon a chair."Now tell me, Utu, where have you come from?...Aside from the salty depths of the sea. Don't say that."

profiles i guess

IC: Agni was interrupted before he could hear Valria's reply. The Toa heard a yell and a very distinctive sound of flames suddenly flashing into a frenzy. He quickly turned his head, the rest of his body following. Out of the corner of his eye he could see the fire across the pad, where a Ga-Matoran was trying to extinguish it. Joske's expression-open jaw, wide eyes, frustrated look-told him the rest. He stretched out his arm, as if to reach for the fire and closed his hand in mid-air, pulling the fist back towards him. Simultaneously, the flames were extinguished, leaving white smoking seaweed and a surprised and angry Ga-Matoran behind. He sighed. The fish was ashes, as was the rack it had hung from, but there was no other damage."You might want to go and apologize to the girl later..." was the older Toa's only comment. He didn't fume, he wasn't berating Joske, he was...well, normal. He padded the young Toa on the shoulder encouragingly. "You were good...for about five seconds. You're not there yet. If you really need to burn off excess energy that bad, you need to do it in a place where nobody is in harms way or your power is contained." Agni looked at Cael. "Speaking of which...would you mind helping a bit more? If you can create spheres of water or something similar that he can stick his hands into, he could practice and focus, without worrying about burning civilians."He looked back at Joske. "Better than mere standing around."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: But of course, there are many ways the story shall shift and change. Better to stay as the character than force something upon them.IC: Vrana"Indeed... how many heroes have you heard of, outside of the Toa Mata? I have heard of very, very few. Those who oppose the Matoran, force them to act as they would normally not, they are the ones remembered. Fear is stronger than bravery, and the effects are bleak."He slowly opened the locket, looking at the image inside with the grim seriousness of stone. He didn't say anything, just clutch tightly onto the metal object. After a few moments, he managed to find words. "We must keep living freely for those who could not..."

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

IC: (Tarcvor/Ga-Koro)Tarc, after glaring at Airu, decided to add to Perkahn's statement."Yes, we need to find him, and find him quick!"

I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

IC-Grochi:Grochi frowned slightly, having led Tarcvor along with him as he followed Perkahn to see just what was happening."What was this Toa of Ice's name, do you know?" he asked intently, hoping that he would get a different answer than the one he thought he would get.

profiles i guess