Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC:

It was a bright afternoon. Sunlight fell through a partly cloudy atmosphere to watch the people of Mata Nui going about their lives. The sea around the island lapped in its normal patterns, turquoise under the happy light. For the most part, the Koros were peaceful on this afternoon. Matoran walked the streets performing their daily businesses – buying and selling, farming, weaving, carving – and the warm glow from on high relieved a little of the weary tension that had sat in their shoulders for too long. On such a fine day as this, with no antagonistic Rahi in sight, none of their friends on the march, it wasn’t so hard for the more optimistic Matoran to feel that the Great Spirit may have blessed them with a rare good day. The wiser ones knew better than to hope.

Somewhere within close proximity to the Koros, unnoticeable at first, there were slight tremors in the earth. Perhaps a leaf or two rustled, or a pebble bounced, snows or sands shifted. The tremors could easily have been mistaken at first for wind, but it was not long before they escalated into discernible quakes. Anyone who stood by chance over the patch of disturbed ground would have been able to tell that something under their feet was moving, may even have been able to hear a rumbling crack. The faces of the first Matoran to notice blanched, and they quickly ran back to the safety of their Koros, shouted the alarm. Nobody could know what was coming from below him or her, but by the feeling of it, it had to have been big.

With the speed of wildfire in dry grass, the fearful word of the trembling in the earth spread, and it was only a matter of minutes before practically the whole Koro was peering anxiously from behind cover at the patch of ground which, by now, was visibly shaking, tossing dust and debris about. The patches were all situated someplace easily within view, right at the doorsteps of the Koros; it was clearly a strategically placed disturbance. The noise of breaking ground was a pervasive growl interspersed with sharp sounds of fracturing rock. The Matoran watched with unconsciously held breath. The warriors among them already had their weapons ready; if today was to be a day when they would fend off an assault, so be it. The Matoran of Mata Nui may have been small, but they were not helpless against Makuta's pet Rahi.

Against what emerged from the ground, though, they stood no chance.

The final cracking noises were loud as gunfire, and the rock of the earth shattered outwards like ten thousand arrowheads, injuring any who were too close. The ground exploded completely into shards, revealing a gaping maw of a tunnel, wide enough for the passage of a legion. And a legion marched forth from the earth, arranged in the formations of a well-trained army. At the front of the columns were brown, spiny creatures wielding sharp-edged staffs. Even the Matoran who had never seen one of these frightful beings before knew that these, and the countless others behind them, were Rahkshi. The many brown Rahkshi of Shattering, which had carved the way for those behind them, screeched in challenge and exploded nearby boulders as signs of force, then moved to the back lines to preserve their strength. The others strode out on their long legs in unison step, weapons held with deadly ease.

Line by line, the Rahkshi emerged from Makuta's secretly-developed system of tunnels, a project he had set his tireless sons to some weeks ago. Each contingent had carved through the earth on their straight paths, and all had simultaneously broken through the final barriers before their targets at the order of their master. Every breed, every shape of spine and pattern of staff, was represented in the ranks, each different color interspersed at random with the others. There were perhaps a hundred Rahkshi at the foot of every Koro, each one a warrior with more speed and strength than two Toa combined. There were no forces in any Koro that could give any challenge to such a host of the staff-wielding creatures.

None in the people in the Koros moved or spoke. They waited for the Rahkshi to make the first move, but the Rahkshi, once assembled before the holes they had stepped out of, stood in still readiness. If any were foolish enough to try and brave the creatures, they were killed before they even reached the tips of the staffs. After any futile attacks ceased and silence returned to the tense standoff, the scattering of red Rahkshi of Fear began to scream, and they were rapidly joined by all their brothers. The cacophony of a hundred shrill voices curdled blood for miles around; the likes of the sound had never been heard on the island of Mata Nui. The shrieks died down after a few seconds, leaving the Rahkshi standing as they were: ready, but motionless.

The people of Mata Nui wondered how long it would be until the army that spelled their doom would strike.

test2.png

OOC: Would you believe me if I said I saw this coming? Edit: Also, peaceful? I wouldn't call a giant fight peaceful. I guess most means all but Ga.

IC: Bok

Bok was about to smash his hammer into one of the Skakdi when he heard the scream. The scream.

*Flashback*

Bok and about fifty other Toa were standing in a room, waiting for something. A door opened. Out poured hideous snakelike creatures. One Toa screamed "Rahkshi!" The Rahkshi began killing all of the Toa. Bok and a few others made it to a boat. And then the creatures on the island they left behind screamed that horrible scream.

*End flashback*

Bok was knocked to the ground by this flashback, but fortunately didn't black out. "We need to put aside our petty differences and worry about the real problem now. The Rahkshi."

Edited by ToaKapura1234

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

IC: Tohi

Tohi blinked a few times. "What am I, cannon fodder? I'm not leaving here unarmed, don't you have a dagger or something here?" she asked. She was confident her elemental power would protect her, but only for so long before she tired again, and she had a hunch that if she used her urumi, there would be more she killed than those she helped.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

IC [Glacio]:"You are on the island of Mata Nui," the Toa of Iron replied. "Specifically in the coastal region of Ga-Wahi, on the outskirts of the water village of Ga-Koro."I paused for a moment upon hearing this, then nodded. The information sounded both familiar and new, as if I'd dreamed about this moment. But it made sense - after all, we were near an ocean, so what better name for the village than Ga-Koro?"Right, got it," I said, my voice feeling stronger by the moment. "Is there anywhere I can go to... stay, while I try to -"Before I could even finish my sentence, I felt something... change. The ground shuddered as a cold breeze ripped through the air, seemingly chilling me to my very spirit. Glancing down the beach, I noticed a long crack running across the sand, as if the earth itself was about to erupt and rain down vengence upon us.Gesturing to indicate the crack, I turned my head to my companion."Not good?" I guessed, preparing to turn and flee at the slightest notice...

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

IC: [The Twenty-Eighth]

The problem with living on the beach with only your crazed older sister for company is that you have nowhere to run when a legion of giant reptilian robots piloted by evil slugs from the depths of the island pops out of nowhere and starts shrieking as if the world was about to end. Of course, the third-youngest of the Jaliax Sisters had no idea that would happen when she had been considering the real estate, but she really should have considered not living so far from the village.

"I don't want to die!" cried the Doctor as she hid under the couch, having made a break for her furniture after seeing the sons of Makuta mass amongst the sands nearby.

IC-Mila:

"Waxwood staff by the door, to your left. Take it to defend yourself, and--" when the scream pierced the Koro, Mila cocked his head, listening closely, before frowning. These were the same creatures that he had run from back in Po-Koro. Rahkshi.

And this time, it seemed as though there were many, many more.

"Well, we're certainly going to have our work cut out for us now. Tohi, find that doctor from a while ago, if you can; she would be a wonderful help here. Have her help you find the Matoran in the Koro; I've got to make sure there isn't anybody hurt out on the beach."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC JetzulJetzul's exppression slowly started to shift from its usual detached calm to one of confusion. "What is going on here?" he thought. "Unless it's just two skakdi fo earth or maybe a toa fooling around, this can't be happening. Earthquakes don't occur on the beach. Heck, I'm pretty sure there aren't any major fault lines on this island!" "This is pretty suspiscious," he replied to Glacio, a note of concern in his voice. "But I'm pretty sure that it's just a toa of Earth fooling around."For a moment, Jetzul believed everything was okay. Then the sand burst upwards into the air and he found himself staring at a Rahkshi of Shattering. For a moment, he just stared in disbelief. Finally, he just said "Oops," very quietly. Turning his attention to Glacio, he whispered "This would be a good time to run away." He slowly began to back away from the massive ranks of Sons of Makuta. "Don't try to fight; just run; there's too many of them."

IC: [The Twenty Eighth/The Eighth]

"I'm scared," admitted the Twenty-Eighth, the Matoran doctor having curled up in a ball next to the basement's entrance.

"wHy Is tHaT?"

Shrieks from outside the hut filled the air.

"Rahkshi," she replied, shivering from the weight that had settled upon her home. "They're ... everywhere. We're trapped in here."

"i ALreaDY Am tRAPped, iF yOU HaVEN't fOrGOTTen."

"This is different ... we might die."

There was no reply for several seconds, before the older Jaliax's voice echoed through the hut once more.

"i WoNT lET tHEm taKE yOu."

IC: Tohi

Tohi picked up the desired item and examined it. It would do. Spinning it around a few times, purposely taking it as close to the walls to see if she still had it. Confirmed. She smiled and put the staff on her back. Then the screeching wiped the smile off her face. "Not to swap the roles here but that sounds like more of them than many more toa could handle." Tohi pointed out, but was out of the room like she was told.

She briefly wondered how to find the doc since even if she could shout for her, it would get lost in the noise of the battle. Only one way. Taking a leap, she hopped on the roof and proceeded above the streets. It didn't take her too long to find Liara - Not many others were wearing a lab coat. She jumped down from the roofs, landing right near the Le - Toa. Picking up the piece of charcoal she found some time ago, she scribbled on the wall of the nearby hut:

Need help? Put me to work.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

Lenat- Ga-koro IC: The Vortixx nodded and readied his zamor launcher, leaping over the counter and dashing to the pile of rubble that used to be the wall of the restaurant. Peering over the edge he checked their surroundings. Upon seeing that nobody was paying any attention to the area they were in, he gestured to Voutok, using the hand signals he had picked up from his time spent around the Guard. Its clear. Move up.

IC: VoutokVoutok slid over the counter and dive-rolled to the other side of opening in the wall Lenat stood by, drawing one of his bladed discs. With his free hand he pointed to his ear and put a finger to the mouth of his mask, the now-established signal that he is going to listen to the surroundings. Upon turning the dial down to "2", though, Voutok regret doing so. Instead of hearing footsteps from the other side of the district or weapons clinging against each other, he heard something much more damaging and unexpected: the screech of a Rahkshi of Fear. The sound chilled him to the core and nearly shattered his ear drum. With a startled groan and a brief near-wail that sent him dropping to the floor with his hands pressing tightly against the headphones, Voutok quickly reached for the dial with a shaking hand to turn it to its maximum "5" setting. As the now-suppressed screams finished, a voice echoed in his mind, probably a memory. "Those karzing demons, they've found us! Proto, get the door! W!167#R3, set the charges! The rest of you: move up and secure a perimeter!". Luckily for Voutok, this familiar feeling strangely was not accompanied by a vision, just a constant ringing in his ears. He turned the dial down to "4" before speaking to Lenat, chances were he had said something but Voutok didn't hear it."Ugh...I think we have some bigger problems ahead of us...Rahkshi. Lots of them, from the sound of it, somewhere to the East. They're most likely on the beach outside the Koro's Gates. Unfortunately, I doubt any of the guys duking it out here will be willing to divert attention from killing each other and destroying the village to have heard that...nor will they listen to someone attempting to warn them."Voutok stumbled to his feet, the fear-inducing effects of the Rahkshi of Fear's screech wearing off."I say we should get out of this area, make our way to a high point closer to the gates to get a better look of this new threat, and hopefully find something to help with. Thoughts?"

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Bok, running into the fray was blasted aside by this massive wind. But Bok was tougher than he looked. "You wanna fight? Come get it!" said Bok as he ran towards Greed and began to bring down his hammer towards Greed's head.

IC: KynaeraKynaera let the swirling winds draw her into the barrier between air and water. Her cloak wrapped about her in fright. She hefted her staff, its blades gleaming with excitement, prayed, and charged.Her arm went back and forth like a catapult. The staff pierced a hole in Greed's pet hurricane, a hole that led to the Toa's side.

IC:

Rhow raised her arm - making a fist - brought it forcefully down on the ground. A shockwave rippled through the water as she forced it in the opposite direction of the stormwinds. The sudden reverse in direction coupled with the resistance from the air made the water rise up, until it towered over the fighters platform. The Skakdi didn't bother to differentiate between the good guys...all she knew was that these people were tearing up a village, the homes of the people that lived here. And if there was one thing she was familiar with, it was watching homes get destroyed through mindless violence. And she was not going to stand by and watch it happen again.

IC (GREED)

THE TOA OF AIR GRINNED IN TRIUMPH AS SLOTH WAS SLOWLY BUT SURELY PUSHED BACK. THE WINDS AND WATER RAGED, STIRRING UP THE SEA AND CLOUDS OF SALTY SPRAY.

HE WATCHED THE TOA OF WATER'S MASK GET KNOCKED OFF, AND SUDDENLY HE HAD THE EXTREME ADVANTAGE. HE PUSHED HARDER, FEELING THE POWER IN HIS BODY SPENDING ITSELF IN THE MIGHTY BLAST OF AIR, AND SNEERED AT THE FEEBLE DECAIA, WHO WAS ON THE EDGE OF BEING BLOWN AWAY.

THEN A NEW ATACKER APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE, SWINGING A WARHAMMER AT THE TOA OF AIR. GREED SNARLED, AND DUCKED ASIDE: THE MIGHTY WEAPON MISSED HIM BY SCARCE INCHES.

HE WAS N'T HURT, BUT HIS CONCENTRATION HAD LAPSED, AND THAT WAS ENOUGH. THE CYCLONE THAT RAGED FROM HIS HANDS DIED SLIGHTLY, HARDLY ENOUGH TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN DECAIA'S FATE, BUT ENOUGH FOR KYNAERA, THE WARRIOR, TO NOTICE, AND TO TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT.

HER ARM WENT BACK AND FORTH LIKE A CATAPULT. THE SPEAR FLEW TRUE, CUTTING THROUGH THE HURRICANE LIKE A LIGHTNING BOLT, FINDING THE PATH OF LEAST RESISTANCE. THAT PATH LED TO GREED.

THE WIND CEASED.

THE TOA OF AIR CRIED OUT IN SUDDEN AGONY: PRIDE'S SPEAR HAD BLOSSOMED FROM HIS SIDE. HIS ATTACK WAS ABANDONED INSTANTLY; DECAIA PRESSED HIS ADVANTAGE AND REDOUBLED HIS EFFORTS, BLASTING A JET OF WATER AT THE HELPLESS TOA OF AIR.

HIS POWER WAS NOT THE ONLY ONE CONTROLLING THE WATERS, HOWEVER. AT THE SAME TIME, A MIGHTY WAVE OF WATER ROSE OUT OF THE OCEAN AND ARCED OVER THE LILY PAD UPON WHICH THEY STOOD, POISED TO DROWN THEM IN A THOUSAND GALLONS OF SEAWATER.

THE WAVE FELL. DECAIA'S BLAST OF WATER WAS ONLY NOW INCHES FROM HIS CHEST. GREED'S EYES FLICKERED WILDLY; HE BEGAN TO ACTIVATE HIS MASK, BUT, EVEN AS HE BEGAN TO WARP AWAY, THE SEA STRUCK BACK AT THE ONE WHO HAD SOUGHT TO BE ITS KING.

THE TOA OF AIR TUMBLED HEAD OVER HEELS; HIS SCYTHE WAS RIPPED FROM HIS HANDS; PRIDE'S SPEAR WAS TORN FROM HIS SIDE. HE WAS THROWN EVERY WHICH WAY, UNABLE TO TELL WHICH WAY THE SURFACE LAY; HE WAS PLUNGED BENEATH THE WAVES; HIS LUNGS WERE BURNING FOR AIR; HIS SIDE WAS BURNING WITH PAIN; HE WAS ON FIRE; HE WAS DROWNING...

Drowning.

Greed broke the surface of the sea, gasping in his exhaustion and his suffering. His blood stained the water scarlet, making the green one red.

He kicked feebly, and managed to approach a nearby lily pad, which the wave had scoured clean. He pulled himself up, shaking, but could not stand. Instead, he knelt there, one hand clutching his side, blood trickling from between his fingers.

Without the Le-Toa' terrible influence, the storm had begun to dissipate. The sky was less angry.

Then a terrible cry filled the air, a great hissing screech that multiplied into a chorus of screams that tore through courage and caused every heart to quail. Instantly, Greed was brought back to that day in Le-Koro, when he had been confronted by a power more terrible than any other, and had chosen to serve it. He knew those voices.

Rahkshi.

His spirits fell; his heart filled with fear. The Makuta had seen him fail; he would take Ga-Koro for himself, and leave nothing for the Toa of Air. The Darkness had no use for fallen servants.

Glancing around, Greed saw the ones he had been fighting surrounding him. There was no way he could defeat them all. Even if he did, he would only find Rahkshi, and they would not be friendly to him. He had failed.

The Toa of Air groaned in despair, and bowed his head. He was defeated. His kingdom was utterly lost.

Kale Ironshaper- Fowadi- Ga-wahi

IC: The Toa of Iron looked at the village through one of the spyglasses aboard. Unnaturally heavy winds and rough waves had caused him to go on the alert, for good reason, he could now see.The new dock was gone, several lillypads had holes in them, huts in different stages of collapse and people were running every which way. All in all, it was a mess.

And if that was not enough, an army of rahkshi had just shown up on the beach outside the village, not doing for now, but at any moment they could decide to charge and wipe out the village. Jumping down from his spot atop the main mast, Kale handed the spyglass off to one of the other crew member saying, "Ga-koro is under attack. I'm going to get the cannons ready."

Lenat- Ga-koro

IC: The Vortixx spoke in a low tone, "Honestly, I would rather go with our plan for getting the Marines. We can add the rahkshi to our report but I don't think we could help much against something like that."

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Voutok"Of course, but do we know where the Marines are? Or how many Rahkshi are approaching the village? Ergo, we should get to a higher vantage point so we can try to find out the answer to both. Or would you rather charge into the crossfire outside and hope we find the Marines before we get shot, stabbed, drowned, or fried?"Voutok glanced from behind the cover offered by the sides of the opening in the structure just in time to notice Ketan/Greed, the leader of the Daedra, being jabbed by a thrown spear and hurled off into the sea."Woah. Looks like things are finally picking up in favor of the Daedra's opponents. I still wouldn't call the coast 'clear', but we can cross 'spontaneous decapitation' off of the list of ways we could die right now. Just put 'Evisceration by Rahkshi' in its place." Voutok returned behind the cover and glanced at Lenat on the other side of the opening. "So, shall we press on?"

Edited by Voutok S'Tythe (Ray)

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

Lenat- Ga-koro

IC: Lenat sighed slightly before taking a glance over the wall and saying, "Your better at this kind of thing then I am, I'll follow your lead."

After he said this, he glanced down at his gloves, making sure they still worked, before checking the power reading on the rhotuka launcher. Verifying that it had a full charge, he shifted to a double handed hold and got ready to dash out into the chaos that filled the area.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

OOC: Infernavika and Fowadi from Po-Wahi

IC (Lohkar)

Through the wide entrance to Naho Bay sailed two warships. At the Infernavika's helm, Lohkar flicked a lever to lock it and stepped back, pulling out his spyglass and training its magnifying gaze on the village at the other side of the bay. Even from that distance, it was clear that something was wrong - smoke, steam, unnatural waves...

Not to mention the legion of worryingly familiar creatures on the beach.

"Lads," he called, still peering through the telescope, "looks like things are goin' ta be a bit more complicated..."

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC-Verak:

"Well, it must be a good thing we're out in the water, then!" Verak happily supplied. "Because most of the Koro lies in the water, we can pick up some guardsmen and others to aid us, as well as help get some of the Matoran free." Verak took a closer look at the Rahkshi, his smile dying a bit.

"We'll have to work fast, though...Lohkar, have you ever fought a Rahkshi?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC [Glacio]:I watched in awe as the legion of creatures rose from the beach, the waves of sand shattering before them as if they were solid stone. Even though the creatures' backs were bent into a permanent hunch, each stood as tall as I was - some as much as a full head taller, with wickedly sharp spines jutting out of their backs like buzzsaw blades. The dual-headed staves they carried glinted maliciously in the cold light from above as the front line pointed their weapons our way.A paralyzing screech went up from the assembled legion as the brown-armored front line unleashed their assault. Beams of dull orange power blasted from their staves, shattering a nearby cliffside as though it was made of glass...And yet, somehow, both myself and my companion were unharmed for the moment. Glancing over at him, I saw a similar expression of shock on his face as he stared up into the headpiece of one of the armored monstrosities."Oops."He turned his head my way, already beginning to back away from the legion as well."This would be a good time to run away," the other Toa whispered, continuing to back slowly away from the legion. "Don't try to fight; just run; there's too many of them."

"Right," I replied, holding up my hands to show the legion I was unarmed. I saw the way my companion treated the legion like a wild Rahi, and followed his lead; backing slowly away from the vanguard of arrmored monstrosities. Once we had gotten about ten Bio from the front line, I turned my head his way once more.

"About now might be a good time to -"

Before I could finish my sentence, however, a shrill, piercing sound filled the air like a swarm of knives, chilling me to my spirit and paralyzing me on the spot. It was only after a moment that I realized what was happening: the legion was screaming. I tried to clamp my armored hands over the sides of my head, but it did no good against the ever-present, piercing scream. It filled me with fear and horror, leaving me torn between curling into a ball or turning and running away entirely. In the end, however, I did neither, forcing myself to stay upright against the onslaught of terror.

Eventually, the screaming abated, and I rubbed my aching audioreceptors before turning to the Toa beside me. I had stopped backing away now, but I hardly noticed - the terror I had felt had left me paralyzed on the spot.

"...Get out of here," I finished hastily. "What's your element, and do you have a Mask of Speed handy?"

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

OOC: Disregard my post if I'm operating on a false premise

Bok saw the two Toa trapped outside of the Koro. "Please, get the Matoran out of here!" Bok yelled at the ships. He then started running towards the trapped Toa. Bok then accidentally discovered his Mask power by subconciously activating his Kakama. Bok reached the two Toa in seconds. "Need a hand?" asked Bok.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

OOC:

Hey, Fanixe, I’m pulling Ishi’s plot along. Besides, this is the best IC move he would pull in such a situation. Nothing personal. Hence why I’m leaving Iraira with Labelle so we can still RP if you’d like. There’s also a choice for a really easy time-skip if you so choose.

Grav’s I’ve gotten Liikyra to a “HP bonus” area. :P

Sorry for any mispelling or lack of better phrasing. Time is constraining somedays.

Looking forward to your posts!

~~Kughz~~

IC: Captain Iraira and Hapaka

Location: GA-KORO Marine headquarters (2nd floor records room), 3 weeks prior Nokama’s assassination.

Ishi stared at the white crystal clutching his leg. The color was not opaque, more like a warm cluster of snow had been summoned to restain him. Curiously, Ishi let a glob of drool splatter against the granulated surface.

“Salt?” He said disappointed as the phlem bored a small hole through the structure. Captain Iraira snapped her fingers, summoning more of the substance to encase his calves. Ishi furrowed his brow. “Where do you --” His eyes lit with sudden understanding -- “But of course: the air!”

Labelle blinked. Her eyes may have been following the conversation between the marine and her frenemy, but her knowledge of the matter was not. Ishi nodded his head a few times despite the encroaching tridents of moving marines. “Mm, hm.”

“I have to say youre smarter than your element, matoran.” Captain Iraira brushed a flake of accumulating salt from her fingers as one would rub away the flavorings from a chip-bag. Glancing at Labelle, The toa continued sure in her victory. “Can’t you taste the pucker of the ocean air? Surely you can feel the salt polluting your native element when you swim in the harbor. But when you breath, where does all that salt go?”

Captain Iraira paused as the thought implanted horror into Labelle and Ishi’s minds. She could see the two felons wriggling under her elemental heel, smell their cold sweat as the fear of such a horrid possibility unfurled like a poisoned lotus in their consciousness.

“But that’s breaking the code,” Ishi blurted out, his mind wriggling for some alternative to the inevitable.

“Yes,” Captain Iraira nodded slowly, her eyes glowing at the dimutive genius, “Yes it is.”

Ishi curled his lips into a tight sneer. Things were progressing farther down the wrong path. I’m not going to buy her Dikapi splatter, He thought to himself. The fear inside swelled forwards to offer a vision of the future. Battening down the hatches to his rational mind, Ishi began to think. Manacles clicked into place as the marines bound his body, and a pain lashed from his phantom arm as the chains pulled heavily on his shoulder. Ishi stared across the small space at the toa of water who had helped him break in. He couldn’t help but feel there was a blaring clue to their escape located about Labelle. Is it her ability to create illusions, Ishi thought in a rapid stream, Or the power of water? What window of opportunity can we grab -- window. du’uh. Ishi mentally kicked himself for thinking himself into a corner as the solution shattered across his face. I don’t need her.

“My rights,” He said suddenly. Captain Iraira’s eyebrow rose into the ether at the strange comment. The marines glanced at each other quickly. Bingo.

“My rights,” He repeated, “I want a trial by my peers. I am still a citizen of Po-Koro, and according to the treaties the six Turaga signed 100 years ago at the disappearance of the Toa Mata, a criminal is to be given a trial in their home Koro when asked. It’s part of the Unity-Pact. I demand a trial in my native Koro.”

Captain Iraira sighed and shook her head with disappointment. Shouldering her axe, she glanced at the toa of water only a few paces away before turning back to the matoran gambling for his fate. “That old pact, huh?” Iraira nodded, and a male marine stiffly kicked the back of Ishi’s knees, sending him sprawling to the ground in a harsh clatter of chain.

“I’ll observe that law, but what about your friend here?”

“What friend,” Ishi spat, blood leaking slightly from his mouth where his lip had cut on a tooth. “This afternoon she was water-boarding me.”

“Reap what you sew,” Captain Iraira muttered then beamed at the possibility of at least keeping one hostage in the local clink as Ishi was dragged out of the room. “Well, that leaves you and me, and my squad,” The toa of crystal stated at Labelle. Between them was a large nautical themed desk.

“You want to pull an old pact out of your rear-end too? Or shall we put you down in the Clink’s reservation book for the next three weeks?”

IC: Kughii

In my dream, I see a meat-bun. I have been running for a long time, longer than I can recall anymore, and here at last is the prize of my endeavor. The meat-bun lords over this area from an ionic pedestal on a raised dias. The steps are coated in soft gravy, and I have to walk slowly or face the embarrassment of slipping on a food spill. Written on the pedestal are the words: Eat for Drama. At first I think this is some kind of test. A dramatic meat-bun? What kind of joke is that? Then, as saliva drips from my chin, I realize the truth.

I love drama.

I love meat-buns.

I hate sunglight that ruins a good dream.

“MY DRAMATIC MEATBUN! YOUR FILTH-COVERED ORANGE GLOW OF LIGHT!”

The words rang through the small clearing where Kughii and Liikyra had stopped the night prior. As Liikyra’s eyes bulged from the racous entrance of the vortixx on her morning musings Kughii stomped about the clearing while throwing profane gestures at the patch of sunlight blaring down on the tree he’d been leaning against.

“I WILL BUILD A FLYING MACHINE THAT REACHES INTO THE HEAVENS, AND REMOVE YOU FROM THE SKY!”

His promise made with a finger pointed determined towards the Sun Kughii flopped down on the sandy grass. After a few moments Liikyra could hear gentle sobs coming from her companion’s direction.

“I almost had it -- it would have tasted sooo good... Stupid sunshine...”

An hour passed in miserable contemplation of the meat-bun’s dramatic flavor. Were the onions roasted or sauteed before being added to the mixture? Was the meat peppered, or simply thrown in with the sauce? Was it Ussal-belly, or Takea fin? Did carrots make it in? Eventually Kughii had to give up and move on with his life. “Eventually” came an hour late for the wounded toa of Earth.

“Good morning L-Love,” Kughii said, his face looming into her view from above, becoming less than a sillohuette in the morning sunshine. “Do you know why today is a good day?”

Liikyra pursed her lips. If she waited long enough, the stupid, jibbering brakas would keep talking.

“Because today I’m getting you to Ga-Koro.”

--

Kughii’s feet left a plume of dust visible from the air as he sprinted the final distance at full power. As he ran, Liikyra was able to discern the chant of “meatbunmeatbunmeatbun” wafting passed as an aftershadow of their position. True to his word, The beach had appeared after only three hours of this insane pace that left her sled bouncing and jostling across the ground from the sheer force of the forward momentum. Now two hours later, the village of Ga-koro was in view when she would dare crane her neck over the side of the sled that was threatening to fall apart from the speed. A passerby would question if Kughii was wielding the power of a Kakama, but that was only if they could see him.

Liikyra knew it was simply Kughii’s drive for food. In the last week, the number of meals he had taken had shrunk drastically in order to keep her well fed. “A full stomach leads to faster healing,” Kughii had intoned while jamming a crab’s organs down her throat. Kughii hadn’t eaten in two days.

“This isn’t good.”

The sled pulled to a halt, bumping against the vortixx’s legs from the momentum. Before the travelers, a large hole had opened in the sands, spear wielding villains pouring forth with malice forming a plume about their company.

“What?” Liikyra gasped, her ribs sending shouts of pain through her nervous system.

Kughii crouched before blasting off at full pace, his words barely audible over the whistling sound produced by his body cutting through the air. “Rahkshi! I haven’t seen one in a very long time. I didn’t know your island had them, let alone THIS MANY!”

He didn’t wait for clearance at the gate, but rather long-jumped the barricade, Liikyra’s sled flying high into the air as it sailed behind him like a cape of bone. The fall was broken by the bouyant lilypads, causing any damage to Liikyra to be absorbed and negated. It was only a minute more before Kughii had skidded through the doors of a medical facility.

“She needs attention,” Kughii shouted over the din of hustling nurses. Glancing around, he saw the bodies of wounded lined up in rows of stretchers. Toa and matoran from outside the service lay among the guards. “When in Karzhani is going on,” He muttered. A nurse clacked her tongue and pointed to an opening in the lines.

“Place her there -- she’ll be attended to when we’re not sewing living corpses back together.”

Kughii clenched his fist, but nodded. Liikyra had never seen Kughii so submissive, let alone to a matoran. Then again, she’d never seen him interact with anyone besides herself.

“Take good care of her then,” Kughii managed to say, then he placed her -- sled and all -- in the opening he’d been directed to. He stared into the toa’s eyes for a moment from a kneeling position. There was something odd with the way he looked down, like some sort of parental figure. “I’ll be back,” he whispered, then flicked her on the kanohi and strode away.

IC:

From their position, Rewera , Kehua and Ravage saw the wave of water rise and topple over the floating platform the remaining Arete, or Deadra, or whatever they were called fought on. Kehua let out a low hum, content that the fight was over, but his eyes showed that the damage this fight had caused made him...she didn't know. Her brother was hard to read, sometimes. His expression could have been indifference, anger, disappointment or a combination of all three.

But before she could ask, a shiver ran down her spine and her senses began to tingle. And as her head turned, so did that of Kehua, who had felt exactly the same sensation. Shadows were nearby, and lots of them. Without another word, the Aitua broke into a run, hurrying away from destruction at the docks and back to the entrance of the village. Something big and dark was approaching and it had done so for quite a while, the two Toa realized. And if it hadn't been for the deep contamination of the island, the might have sensed it sooner.

Within a few minutes they had made their way back to the villages entrance, at the far side of the bridge...where they came to a sudden halt.

"There's too many..." Kehua commented at the sight before their eyes. He tried to count the spines...he stopped after thirty.

"Yup." was Rewera's only comment, though her eyes glowed as fiercely as ever.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC JetzulThe Rahkshi at the head of the army screamed, and soon the others joined in. "Great, just great" Jetzul thought. "Looks like they're making us do this the hard way.""I'm a toa of iron, and no; I do not have a mask of speed." "What in Mata Nui's name is an army of Rahkshi doing here?" he thought. "Thos things are called rahkshi. There are 42 different varieties, all of them powerful enought o grind a toa to a pulp in less than a minute. And seeing that these don't look like newborns..."Jetzul had no idea what to do. He was facing a group of creatures surpassing him in power by many times, with his only companion being an amnesiac toa of ice. His mind raced desperate to find strategies, but only one thing came to mind: treat them like a bear. "Alright, we're going now," Jetzul muttered. "Going back to Ga..."Wait a minute."... why else would there be n army of rahkshi here?" Jetzul thought to himself, mentaally hitting himself for not thinking of it earlier.

IC: Dehkaz

Two dark, violet orbs stared out over the deceptively calm waters of the sea from behind an equally dark gunmetal Kanohi. They were fixed on what seemed to be a single mass of multicolored spiked metal, though the owner of said eyes knew that wasn't what it was. He had seen the creatures once before, and it wasn't an experience he wanted to repeat. Though before it had only been a few, three at most, this time...

There were tens of them.

And that was just what was visible from the Toa of Magnetism's position on the upper deck. His jaw was set in his normal grim expression, though there wasn't anything hiding the fact that something had changed within the Major. His crew had already begun moving, Kale was going to prepare the cannons. Good. "Soon," Dehkaz replied to Fourth, his gaze not leaving the mass of Rahkshi just outside the village. "We need to coordinate with the Infernavika... Get a plan together with... them..."

With that, the Major's gaze turned towards the Toa of Sonics standing not too far, and the only other being on the ship who outranked him. "Sir...?" He said.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC: Tellus

Tellus, who had by then come down from the rigging, frowned at Lohkar's comment. Curious, he glanced at the shore. What were those things at the foot of the Koro? There were a lot of them... and then Verak made his comment about Rahkshi.

Rahkshi? No, it couldn't be.

The combined shriek rolled across the waves; considering the distance, it was faint, but it still sent chills racing down Tellus' spine. "There- there's gotta be a 'undred of 'em!" He looked at Lohkar, shocked. "Wh- where did they all come from? Ye.... ye don't think Makuta's decided to make 'is move, do ye?"

IC [Glacio]:I backed slowly away from the horde of ravening beasts, waiting for the other Toa's answer."I'm a Toa of Iron," he whispered back, "and no; I do not have a mask of speed." After a moment's pause, he whispered an explanation."Those things are called Rahkshi. There are 42 different varieties, all of them powerful enough to grind a Toa to a pulp in less than a minute. And seeing that these don't look like newborns..."I grimaced under my gleaming white Kanohi, continuing to take slow, steady steps away from the horde. Strangely, the legion seemed to be standing stock-still - there was no sound save the wind and waves, and no movement but our own."Alright, we're going now," the Toa muttered. "Going back to Ga..."He stopped abruptly for a moment, but kept his thoughts to himself. From the look on his face, though, he had reached the same conclusion that I just had: the Rahkshi were here for the village. The way they stood still, though, even as we were sitting Gukko in front of them...At that moment, a gunmetal-and-gold blur appeared abruptly between us, hefting a large hammer over his shoulder."Need a hand?" he asked. "I'm a Toa of Iron too, and I do happen to have a Mask of Speed."

"We could use a hand," I acknowledged. "Or two, or three, or three thousand!"

After a moment's pause, I reconsidered and went on.

"But... we could use a Mask of Speed if things turn nasty."

I extended an arm for him to grab, gesturing with my other to a cliff some distance down the beach - I guessed that being yanked along at high speeds would be painful, but not as painful as a potential death by Rahkshi staff.

"Mind getting us over to the base of that cliff?"

"No problem, but it would probably be much less painful if I carry you instead of drag you." answered Bok.

Edited by ToaKapura1234

IC: The cloak moved before Lohkar. It dipped its head ever so slightly, at once seeming to recognize the problem the village presented and its solution. Then it floated downstairs.

There was no more to be said. Zmija was going to the cannon.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC:

My name is Gunner Dreadheart.

I am many things -- liar, survivor, nominal hero, pirate, scumbag, widower. I wouldn't call myself a coward, though. I don't think I have a cowardly bone in my body. Even back before Raknar and Grochi tore me to bits -- ripping away as much pride and ego as their sharp, searing words could -- I was always the first one in the fray of battle, the first one to pick up the dropped gauntlet. I'm not a coward; never was.

Now, looking out at the rainbow of armour and spikes and death and Makuta standing on the beaches of Ga-Wahi, and watching the fighting spirits of my crew-mates sag against the coming ordeal, I can't help but think that escape wouldn't be that bad an option.

But then, the little Po-Skakdi snoozing in my black heart wakes up and starts the pride-tearing ritual all over again. And the little plasma Toa joins in, and together they ricochet harsh truths around in my body until the cowardly bones in my form break and shatter and turn to dust, and I'm left with the closest thing to bravery I have.

I draw my sword, but otherwise, don't move. There is no smirk on my face, no snappy joke on my tongue. My eyes, glimmering like pools of oil, simply gaze out over the Village of Water, and its impending doom.

"It doesn't matter where they came from," I begin in a slow, steady voice, "It doesn't matter if we've fought them before. All that matters, is if we're ready to make sure they'll be rolling out the red carpet for us in Karzanhi."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Tellus

Seeing the determined expressions on the faces of those around him, Tellus did his best to pull himself together. "Well, I see that I can't convince ye not ta go inta that mess, so I might as well go along." He grinned halfheartedly, then squinted at the formidable force gathered outside the village.

"Seein' as 'ow they're not doin' anythin' for the moment and we're still a fair distance away, maybe we should work out a strategy with our 'friends' over there. Best chance we'll get, probably."

Lenat- Ga-koro IC: Lenat sighed slightly before taking a glance over the wall and saying, "You're better at this kind of thing then I am, I'll follow your lead." After he said this, he glanced down at his gloves, making sure they still worked, before checking the power reading on the rhotuka launcher. Verifying that it had a full charge, he shifted to a double handed hold and got ready to dash out into the chaos that filled the area.

IC: Voutok"As you wish." Was the De-Matorans quick reply. After briefly analyzing the area outside their cover spot, Voutok spun around the corner of the opening and began running around the building to what was left of the still-standing back wall of the ruined structure. At this point, Voutok drew his second bladed kanoka disc and took a few steps back from the wall. After a deep, focused breath, Voutok sprinted towards the wall and jumped as high as he could, reaching about halfway up the seaweed dome before impaling the thick seaweed exterior to grapple himself to the wall. After catching his breath and hanging for a little bit, he began climbing up the wall, using the bladed discs as makeshift climbing tools. When he reached the top, he could already better see the blood-stained battlefield that had become of Nokama's pier—a sight that was much more horrific than Voutok initially thought. However, that was not why Voutok was climbing, as he quickly corrected his focus. He could see a taller hut a few rooftop hops away that would be ideal for seeing beyond the gates.The De-Matoran knelt down to lessen the likelihood of detection and looked behind him to see if Lenat was still following him or if he lacked a method of climbing (something that, admittedly, he probably should have considered sooner).

"Wrong."

Lenat- Ga-koro

IC: The Vortixx dashed out after the Matoran, keeping low to avoid being seen. When his companion began to climb the wall, Lenat gathered his legs under him and jumped. His hands cleared the top of the wall and he pulled himself up, grunting slightly at the effort.

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC Yasurek- Infernavika:

The matoran that had followed out of the captain's cabin after Lohkar had said nothing as the ship had traveled with the Fowadi to Ga-koro. He had not had a need to do so, and to add words where there were none needed when there was work to be done was unprofessional. But now, as he gazed past the village of water at the beach next to it, any feelings of nostalgia of returning to this land where his pirate life had started were dispelled. Any remarks about marines and their having to accept that the pirates were not evil was blocked. Everything was shut out except for one thought.

Rahkshi.

Not even a few rahkshi at that, but an entire army, a swirling mass of metallic bodies covering what might have been a plesant looking piece of nature. Actually, not really swirling at all. In fact, the rahkshi weren't really doing anything except standing there.

Then the scream occured.

It was a horrid noise, one that permeated every fiber of his being, filling his gut with fear, a chilling sensation that soaked through him. They were going to fail. There was nothing they could do against an army that big. There were no heroes left to deal with this. Everything that he held dear would be destroyed, and he was powerless to stop it.

... Hey, wait a minute. Why the heck are we thinking this?

The matoran was so taken aback by fear that he was forced to lean on the spear clutched in his hand. He glanced at it, hoping to find some stability from the dreadful sea of despair forming within him. The spear was metal, shaped like a Ko-koro guardsmen spear. It looked awfully familiar, but he couldn't quite place it. As terrified as he was, it was difficult to remember his own identity. What was a nobody like him doing near rahkshi? He closed his eyes, hoping to shut out the fear, but it was still there. It was only then that he realized that something besides the fear was within him. It felt quite hot and where it flowed the chill of fear was banished immediately. The more he focused on it, the brighter and hotter it became, spreading from his center into his limbs, restoring life and motion. The fog lifted from his mind and he opened his eyes.

Yasurek, midshipman of the Infernavika gazed out at the beach filled with what would probably be his next opponents. He glanced at the spear in his hand, noted the pristine sharpness in the tip and sheathed it after a satisfied nod. Around were the sounds of his fellow crew, discussing ideas, plans, thoughts. He decided to join in.

"I definitely agree with consulting our allies in order to devise a strategy," he stated. "Regardless of what happens though, I'm sure we'll pull through this just fine. This will probably be the most serious thing we've ever faced, and if we end up in straight up combat we'll be in serious trouble, but it's trouble I'd much rather be facing with you all rather than anyone else. Except maybe Mata Nui himself, I think he'd probably prove to be quite useful in this situation if he were active. And Floria, you're honestly the lowest on the list of people I'd fight alongside when it comes to the crew, but your still probably better than many people I don't know. The point is, we'll get through this together as a crew like we always do. So let's get to some planning."

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2021 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic