Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Ranama

Tepi's attitude was beginning to get to him, and he was regretting not seeing what was in the box. Then, in the brief silence of the conversation, he could hear the distant sound of buzzing, and it was growing louder.

"Rama swarm," he shouted to the others.

He dived back downwards into the depths of the water, searching for a rock. There was a reason people called him Ranama. The Rahi Ranama took out Nui-Rama with their long tongues. Dowun had gained the nickname with a similar technique. It wouldn't do for fighting a swarm, but if he had to fight off one Nui-Rama, he knew how to do it. He found a large sturdy rock, and grabbed it, swimming to the edge and rolling onto the shore and up in a single fluid movement. The buzzing was deafening now, and he ran into the trees, grabbing the longest vine he could see and yanking on it hard. He threw himself onto his chest in the shrubbery, and began typing the rock with the vine. One Nui-Rama only, hopefully he wouldn't need to.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

IC: Tepi

The Onu-Matoran yanked his arm away from Anhar's grip. "You think you intimidate me, Toa? I never asked for his, or your help. So why dont you let me leave?"

Suddenly, The Nui Rama soared out through the trees, heading straight for Dowun. Its claws were out stretched and there was a look of pure hatred in its eyes. It was mad. Without hesitation, Tepi opened the box and pulled out a trigger. The pressed the button and it let out a screech that could not be heard by Matoran ears. Only Rahi. The Nui Rama coiled up and slammed into the ground only a few centre metres away from Dowun. Tepi pulled out a knife

"Time to finish what I started"

Edited by Commander CeeCee

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

IC: Anhar

Suddenly, Anhar heard Ranama shout "Rama swarm!" Shaking off Tepi's rudeness, he cupped his hands over his eyes and scanned the area. He stopped and growled at the incoming horde. For the first time since arriving, Anhar whipped out his lance and shield, and then grinned.

"Time to bring the inferno!"

Anhar leaped from the ground onto the first Rama in sight, grabbing the insect-like Rahi's wings, jerking him from the sky, and jumped off as the creature crashed to the ground. Landing on his feet, Anhar protected himself from another beast by holding up his shield, and then sent a blast of fire through the air, roasting the next three that came swarming down.

Edited by Toa Anhar

IC MahkaAs he rushed trough his backpack seeking his spear, disk and shield he spoke: "Beware for an inferno, we don't wanna burn these trees, the Le-Korians won't be happy with that, as for my name, Mahkta." He was ready, he had found his lucky disk, prepared his spear and shield.

I'm back!

Anhar turned and shouted, "If we don't take care of these creatures, the Le-matoran will have more to fear then a fire!" Anhar heeded Mahkta's warning, though, and shut down his powers. Instead, he began to fight using his combat skills, slicing at Nui-Ramas with his lance.

Edited by Toa Anhar

He pushed himself to his feet, slightly put off guard by the unconscious Rahi that had landed inches away.

Pull yourself together Ranama he thought. He shook himself out of his trance, and held the rock in one hand, and the end of the vine in the other.

The technique he used was really overkill, a Nui-Rama could be taken down with a well aimed disk or rock, he had come up with this technique for dealing with any flying Rahi, including the much tougher Nui-Kopen. He threw the rock in a great parabola, and as a Nui-Rama flew beneath it, he gave the vine a huge yank.

The rock caught the Nui-Rama and it became ensnared in the vine. Ranama already has his momentum going by now, and the Rahi was taken by surprise, its flight interrupted it was brought down to the ground with a crash.

He tossed the vine aside, and grabbed the largest stick he could find. It was time to improvise now.

Edited by Taipu1

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Anhar was fascinated as he watched Ranama set his trap, and began to remember of his many adventures as a Matoran...

he shook off the memories. "No time to reminisce," he mumbled to himself. Just as the swarm seemed to be coming ot its end, though, Anhar heard a horrific sound, a buzzing ten times as loud as that of the whole Nui-Rama swarm, a buzzing that seemed to shake the ground. Anhar looked off, and saw, no more than ten yards away, three things approaching unbelievably fast. The very things causing the Rama "stampede". The corners of his mouth tugged into a smile, a smile of both fear and grim delight.

"Nui-Kopen. This is my type of day."

Edited by Toa Anhar

IC: Kehuri

The Toa of Earth and Plasma entered the HQ after Plagia had been let in. Kehuri had been mildly surprised to still be able to see Plagia during their approach. Kongu must have been busy. But with nobody waiting in the lobby, Kehuri thought it was safe to assume he's been freed up and let the acrobatic Toa of Lightning in. He asked the guards if a Toa had gone in, which they confirmed, along with her appearance. Satisfied, Kehuri knocked on Kongu's door and, unsure of whether to wait or go straight in, peeked inside. When his 'acrobatics instructor' was in sight, he stepped inside and explained himself, "We're with her, sir."

It felt strange, suddenly. He'd called many Matoran 'sir' before, but almost never from more than an inch or so above their heads. Being a Toa still had many aspects he had yet to get used to.

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

IC MahktaHe grabbed his spear and shield -disk mounted on back- and rushed towards the Nui Rama, and as the Nui-Kopen appeared he had no time too look, trying to get closet to the creature without turning into a rahi meal and as he dodged the Rahi he shouted to the Matoran next to him: "Don't kill it, I've got a plan, just get those Infected Kanohi off."

I'm back!

He heard Makhta's shout, but he had no intention of killing any of the Rahi, he wouldn't even know where to start. He concentrated on his climbing, and quickly reached the upper branches of the tree. He saw one of the Nui-Kopen swooping low, and threw himself from the tree, large stick in hand, and landed on its back.

He raised the stick like a club, and began attempting to beat the infected Kanohi away. This was a pretty dangerous move, Nui-Kopen were a danger to matoran with or without infected Kanohi, particularly in the presence of Nui-Rama.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

IC Mahkta

"Cover your eyes, now!" He had made use of Ramana destracting the Nui Kopen to unpack some stuff out of his backpack, a Lightstone, a Heatstone a bunch of Iron and some copper. In the Meantime the ground around him laid full of useless stuff, ranging from Po-Korian statues, to his old useless Guard Insigna. Why do I even carry all this stuff?

I'm back!

Ranama heard Makhta's warning. He didn't have a clue why he needed to, but used the arm that wasn't clubbing the Rahi to cover his eyes. Unfortunately, this meant he had to hold on to the Rahi with his legs only, and before he could beat either Kanohi mask off, the Nui-Kopen had twitched violently in the air, and he couldn't quite keep the grip with his knees. Realising it was hopeless, he threw all his energy into moving one way, and attempted to dive off, back into the lake.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

IC MahktaSeeing the Matoran run away and the swarm being too big to ever dare to face in battle he activatzd te system he built. "Now cover your eyes or temporal blindness will strike you." He triggered it, energy was drained from the heatstone and channeled all at once into the lightstone, which overpowered and unleached a massive flash of the brightest light ever seen, striking everyone 10 Bio around, after that the stone broke and no light ever would get out of it.

I'm back!

Anhar heard Mahkta shout, "Rip off the infected masks!" With a burst of smoke, Anhar rocketed up into the sky using his power jets. He dropped on to the nearest Nui-Kopen, and struggled to rip off the infected mask that adorned the upper part of its face. Yanking the thing off, Anhar jumped off and watched as the Nui-Kopen slowed down, and suddenly bolted off further into the jungle. Taking a power leap, Anhar managed to grab on to a second Kopen's forelegs, and was almost successful in ripping off this creature's mask, when he happened to glance over and saw Mahkta pulling out several different items. When he looked closer, he saw what Mahkta planned to do. "Mahkta, NO!" he shouted. But it was too late, and with a blinding flash of light, the Nui-Kopen, startled into a rage, began to buck, and bolted. Anhar struggled to keep his grip, but was thrown off, then rammed into the air. He flew 300 feet, tumbled through the trees, and collapsed to the jungle floor. And everything went black.

Edited by Toa Anhar

IC (Merror)

The sound of footfalls crunching in the twigs and splinters of debris heralded a Toa's approach.

"Skeldan. Skyra."

There was tiredness in Merror's voice.

"You're helping with the rebuilding?" The Toa of Fire smiled slightly. "Well, I say helping, Skeldan..."

The Astha's leader was clearly trying to bring humour into his voice, to disguise the weariness; but it still seeped through into his tone, and his eyes did not twinkle as they normally did when he joked.

"Any news of the others? Pirok? Weta? Elianne?"

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC (Merror)

Merror nodded, eyes closed.

"Neither have I."

He looked up at the Toa of Ice.

"I worry about them, Skeldan," he said. "Karzahni, I worry about everyone on this blasted island..."

He seated himself on a nearby wooden beam, and placed his hands over his mask, drawing them down as though trying to rub the cares away.

"We need to find them," he said at last. "They could be in danger. They could be hurt...or captured, by Vidar or Echelon, or their allies, or some other dark being...or.."

Edited by Ra's al Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

OOC: Ahnar, you know it was just light? JUST light, no force or something just very bright blinding light.IC MahktaEven though he had protected his eyes, him being so close to the center of the Flash had caused him to become blind, it wouldn't last but still... He tried hearing what was happening but no sound reached his ears, the shattering lightstone had deafened him too, beeing so close to it. And for a moment he thought, he was dead.

I'm back!

IC: Skyra - Le-koro -

"Whoa there tiger, let's not jump to any conclusions..." I cut into Merror's exasperated speech, no longer fumbling around with Jiree's wall. By now I had collected some more Gukko Force and they had gotten to work on the repairs. They were much more capable at construction work than me, that was for sure. So I stepped away to talk to Merror.

Merror looked absolutely exhausted, he couldn't hide it. On top of all this he seemed to be getting all worked up about our missing teammates. I for one wasn't too concerned. The others were more than capable of taking care of themselves in a pinch, most likely they'd gone off on their own. Admittedly the Astha needed to learn a thing or two about unity and teamwork. Karz I was hardly the model of unity myself. Though with everything that had happened to myself, and my village, I supposed I had a decent excuse.

I put a hand on the Toa of Fire's shoulder. "Let's not worry about any 'what ifs' and other possibilities. For all we know they could be perfectly fine, they are Toa like us after all, they can handle themselves in a pinch." I spoke with firmness and reassurance, I felt rather confident in what I said. Which was rather odd, because I hadn't felt such confidence in myself in a while, I'd lost it when Matau had died, and even before that...becoming a woman wasn't, and still wasn't something I'd be able to adjust to quickly, wasn't sure if I ever would.

Maybe it had something to do with being out in my village, just doing something as simple as helping Jiree fix his shop. Helping my village in a seemingly simple and somewhat humble way was improving my mood. For once it wasn't by using my sword or doing something destructive. We were improving Le-koro, piece by piece.

I looked at Merror with a look of concern, he seemed so weary, so tired. He needed a break. "You look like you haven't slept in days...when was the last time you had any rest?"

Edited by A billion cats

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC (Merror)

"I..." Merror began, but he could see Skyra was not to be argued with. "Well, I suppose I haven't really rested since I recovered from the coma the Skapoka put me in...there's always been so much to do. Forming the team, hunting Echelon, hunting the Dreamer, your injuries and that madman in Ga-Koro, and now all that's happened here..."

He let out a short, humourless laugh.

"No rest for the wicked."

"I see..." Now that I thought about, Merror really hadn't so much as slept since he'd formed the team, not that I had seen anyway. This wouldn't do at all.

"Well that settles it then, you're gonna get some rest. Go find something relaxing to do, it doesn't matter what, as long as it doesn't stress you out. Let me and Skeldan worry about the others."

"But..." I silenced Merror with a finger to his mouth. "Nope, no buts. You can't be an effective leader if you push yourself too hard, you can't think straight like that, trust me. So until I'm satisfied you're properly rested, I'm in charge!" A grin grew on my face.

"Skeldan and I can handle finding our wandering teammates, the only job you have to worry about is becoming unstressed." I took a step back, crossing my arms. "Don't try to fight it, cause we won't listen to you until you're back to your normal, energetic self."

In reflection I supposed I'd never been that great at following orders myself, the fact that I had just told my team leader I was now in charge until he had recovered from exhaustion amused me to no end.

Edited by A billion cats

IC-Skeldan:

"Aside from my apprehension to having a woman in charge, I'm with Skyra," Skeldan said, jumping back into the conversation. "If you haven't gotten any good rest since then, it's been far, far too long since you've taken a vacation, and worrying about our teammates could quite possibly lead to your accidental suicide." He hopped off of his Ussal, handing the reins off to Merror.

"Take Drótt with you. He'll be able to get you around where you need to go."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Merror)

Merror rolled his eyes in resignation, but smiled.

"I can see you're not going to give me a choice," he said to Skyra. He chuckled, and a little of the usual twinkle returned to his eye. "Heh...I should fire the both of you for mutiny!"

He stood up and stretched.

"But you're right, of course. Maybe I have been burning the candle at both ends; maybe it is time I just stopped for a bit. It doesn't feel right to take a holiday when there is so much injustice to be dealt with, but...I trust you two to do what needs to be done, to act in my stead."

He hopped off of his Ussal, handing the reins off to Merror.

"Take Drótt with you. He'll be able to get you around where you need to go."

Merror smiled, and shook his head, waving the reins away.
"Skeldan, I wouldn't part you from Drótt if I wanted to," he said. "Trust me, I'll be fine. I can get a Gukko flight from here - this is Le-Koro, after all. If it makes you feel any better," he continued, a slight facetiousness in his tone, "it'll be less exertion for me than steering an Ussal through Fau Swamp. I can make my own way, don't worry about that."
He gazed out across the jungle, a faraway look in his eye.
"I know the perfect place...a little village in Ko-Wahi," he said. "Quiet...peaceful...and beautiful. That's where I'll go."
He turned back to his teammates and smiled, raising an eyebrow.
"I still don't feel right doing this, but who am I to argue with the great Commander Skyra?"
He chuckled, and held out his fist to his two friends.

IC: Kongu's Office

There was a brief and almost comical moment of confusion when Kehuri and Naru entered, with Kongu glancing at me, looking for any sort of confirmation.

"Yeah, they're with me," I answered, giving the dynamic duo the smallest smile of gratitude I could afford during the circumstances, before continuing, "Captain, sir, I realize this may be a busy time for you, but we were hoping to speak with you briefly..."

The Le-Matoran sighed, and I knew he was doing his best to keep his cool with us, "Proceed."

Uh, yeah, what was I talking about? Oh right, investigations.

"Very well; I'm Plagia Simul, and these are my teammates, Toa Kehuri and Toa... uh..."

"Naru."

"Right! Anyway, we represent the Island Liberation Front, who wish to aid your village in the investigation of your Turaga's death. With your permission, obviously."

There was a long, ponderous silence as Kongu leaned on his desk, certainly considering the offer. His posture was strong, as always, but his face was haggard and gaunt, like he'd gone through centuries of his life in mere days.

Which, to be fair, he sort of had.

Finally, he chuckled a humourless chuckle and looked up at us, "Our beloved Turaga Matau was killed as he stepped into his hut. I was there, the Guard was, the whole-entire village was there. We all watched, with dawning dread-fear, as our leader heavy-fell to the ground; slaughtered by a cowardly sharp-shooter from up-tree.

"Our Turaga was killed on the same bright-cheer day he had been returned to us. The people of this village, myself included, were overjoyed to find him back, safe and sound. It was like a message from the Great Spirit; that all will be good, and that we must keep Faith that the shadows of this land will be vanquished eventually.

"But it seems that it was, instead, a dark-serious sign from Makuta; what else could produce the cruel machinations that would crush our tree-bright village at the peak of our joy? What else would have the gall to destroy us like that, like the quick-shattering of a flute as its song reaches a crescendo?"

The Guardsman paused, a wistful look in his eye, "Any other time, I would accept your offer without hesitation. But with the death our Matau... I refuse to allow my Faith to be shaken, but in these dark-serious times, I cannot afford to be reckless with my people's well-being.

"I will allow the Front to aid in our investigations, if you can promise me one thing: to uphold our village's laws as if they were your own, and to never make our village's Faith waver."

Kongu was standing straight up now, his eyes burning with cold fire, and we could all see the old Le-Koro fighting spirit blaze inside of him again.

"Promise me this, and we will together towards quick-finding the destroyer of our beloved Turaga."

-Void

Edited by Dreadheart

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Kehuri

A confident smile crept onto the young Toa's face as Kongu finished. He folded his arms and nodded, "We promise, sir. A Toa's duty is to every Matoran, not just his own." He paused for a moment, considering how best to phrase what he was going to say next. "Sir... There is one thing I know," he said slowly, "I spoke with Whenua, the... the day before the murder. He said something... hinted that he knew what would happen. I didn't notice it at the time, but I'm sure of it. I don't know how this information could help, but we at least know the murderers weren't operating in Total secret, and that the Turaga met their ends with dignity, fully prepared."

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

I bumped Merror's fist with my own, briefly remarking how much smaller my fist was. I mentally shook it off, size differences was something that would take a while to get used to. I chucked at Merror's last comment. "That's right, no one argues with me. Not unless they want an earful." I said half-jokingly.

"Now, you better get going on your way to this perfect little village of yours, and remember to send a postcard." I said with a smile before turning to Skeldan.

"As for you Skeldan. What's this about having...apprehension with a woman in charge? Are you saying that if I was still a guy, you wouldn't have any problem with me being in charge?"

Before Skeldan could even respond, he found himself in a headlock, his head mercilessly between my arm. "Cause I'll have you know that what sex I am has nothing to do with my leadership skills!"

IC: Kamaehu looked around the Le-koro, his eyes quickly coming to rest on a spot that had seemed to have just been being rebuilt. Standing by it were three toa, one of ice, one of fire, and one of air. Well, I really do need something to do, he thought as he walked over to the group. And I don't think supporters of Makuta would be rebuilding the city. "Hello", he said to Merror once he reached them.

Progenitus Worldsoul

Marquis of making RPG profiles, but never actually posting.

"Strength through honor. Virtue through flames."

IC (Merror)

Merror laughed as Skyra pulled Skeldan into a ruthless headlock. A little of the weight seemed to have lifted from his shoulders, but his physical and emotional exhaustion was still visible in his posture.

"Try not to kill each other while I'm gone..."

He turned his head as he heard a voice from behind him.

"Hello."

"Hello," Merror returned Kamaehu's greeting. "Sorry, I'm just leaving, but if you want to help with the rebuilding, talk to my brother and sister over there. Don't worry, she's not really strangling him. I think."

With that, and a brief smile, he was off, walking along the long rope-supported walkways towards the Gukko stables.

"Yes, I can quick-carry you to the Massif," said the Le-Matoran bird-pilot. "Kayya's one of the fastest Kahu you'll meet-find."

"Thank you," Merror replied, handing him a small widget-pouch.

"Right!" said the Matoran, clapping his hands. "All aboard!"

As Merror mounted the Kahu behind him, the Matoran eyed him up and down. He was the sole passenger.

"Don't get many quick-travellers to the Massif," he remarked. "Not much happening there; what's your need-business in such a quiet little place?"

"That's exactly why I'm going there," Merror replied. "Get away from the crowds."

"Ah! Bit of a lone-wolf, eh?"

"Perhaps..."

"Well, off we go! Yah!"

A few beats of its powerful wings, and the Kahu was up into the clear blue sky, carrying Merror northwards to this unexpected 'holiday'...

OOC: Merror to Ko-Wahi

IC-Skeldan:

"Well, Skyra, I'd have apprehension about having you in charge any day, but you as a woman just makes it a bit worse, don't you think?" Grinning, he spun himself in Skyra's grip, so that his back was to the ground and he was facing Skyra, before rocking his weight backwards.

Downside, he landed on the ground...floor...thing, and probably exacerbated the pain in his back. Plus side, Skyra rolled over him. Or, at least, that was the expected result.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now