Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Mef, this is regarding your, ahem, skimpily-clad-acrobat circus.

Mef, we missed you. You were a karz of a roleplayer at times. It's good you're back, and I'm also sorry I helped cause your last departure. But there's one thing we didn't miss.

Mef. I'm not sure if you've noticed this, but.

Your female characters are awfully misogynistic. I'm talking not about the characters themselves - they aren't self-loathing, after all - I'm talking about how you write them.

I don't mean, of course that you hate women. I'm just saying, you sure objectify females like Karz. You should, I'm sorry, but, uh, STOP. The fact that there is at this point a solitary lone female RPer changes nothing. Females are not morons. They do not put on skimpy outfits for no reason. They do not feel the urge to bed males on seeing them. In fact, at this point that description is more suitable for MALES. Yet despite that, I am hard-pressed to remember one female character who was yours and did not seem like romance fodder.

Like I said, the fact that there is only one female RPer right now changes nothing. I am rather irked, as a male that genuinely loves females and, while they may not always reciprocate, I do think they would either be incredulously amused by your misogynist antics that, I am sorry, but they reek of "never talked to a girl before" or, more likely, be incredulously offended. So yeah, Mef.

This is an intervention.

You've had a brothel already, and that, I might remind you, ended badly. Please don't continue with the stripper circus idea.

Please -stahp-.

-Dovydas

Sorry, Dovy, but I'm not doing another brothel. De-zevrie is in the circus for acrobatic feats, not to strip-tease every male in sight.

And, don't worry, I don't mean anything wrong toward females. Heck, I think they're better than males in every way, but, not every one of my characters are trying to just (you know...) with every guy in sight. Jade isn't about to even talk to a guy, Alissita is trying to help others (not romance others), and De-zevrie's story is she's a mixed up kid who is trying to figure out what she needs to do in life. This is a "stage" for the Toa, not her enitre life. She never implies on doing anything inappropriate (other than her fashion wear).

So, don't worry, it's not going to be a strip circus. If you read the posts, every other member of the circus do real tricks, just like she did. And, most of my female characters are somewhat sane.

What I'm trying to say here is that I don't really see the problem with your fears and you don't need to worry. :D

-Mef

Told you. It's a phase she's going through. The circus isn't revolved around her fashion choices. If you wait for my next post, you'd see that the owners of the circus vote strongly against the outfit. I've already stated that in a few posts, actually.

How many of you read the post just to find a problem with it?

-Mef

You explicitly stated that people would pay more/more people came because of how she dressed.Hey man, we aren't the ones writing this. It would be impossible to find problems if there weren't any

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

All of this nonsense regarding Mef's characters or circuses or whatever should be taken to PM. Dov, I understand that you're trying to help, but posting your complaint in GD is going to do nothing but spark useless drama.

Same with KNI's post above. Asking someone to explain something they wrote does not belong here. It belongs in a PM, because it requires a response from only one other member.

Please, guys. Part of the reason there's so much arguing in here is because nobody bothers to take these sort of issues to one-on-one conversation, as the rules say you should. My only guess as to why stuff gets posted here is because people want others to back them up, which only sparks fighting and arguing and unhappy feelings all around.

Gentlemen, please take it to PM.

A question.Why is Mimira even allowed on the Infervanika? I mean, cute, innocent girls don't really line up with vicious, lawbreaking pirates.

Neither does cute, innocent Doomie. I mean, he's the most sweet and wholesome manchild eve-

Wait...

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

I don't recall seeing anything about this, but what's the verdict on Kaita fusions? Are we allowed to do them? If so, who RPs them?

No way.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I don't recall seeing anything about this, but what's the verdict on Kaita fusions? Are we allowed to do them? If so, who RPs them?

Nope, not allowed.

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

I was assuming he was still at Ihu-Koro. :P

I lost track of what you guys where doing a long time ago. *Goes to do research*

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

Except for the fact that I asked a certain someone NOT to post while I wrote mine. He agreed... then posted anyway. Not going to say who though.

Needless to say my epic post turned into a "meh, just prepare" post.

Now I get to put a little more emotion in my posts. Sucks to be my opponents (and my allies... possibly... :evilgrin: )

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Well, I've filled out and posted the bio for my first BZPRPG character, Voutok S'Tythe (whodathunkit, right? *shot*). While I'm aware that by the rules I am allowed to go ahead and jump into the RP, I think I'll just wait for some feedback, just to make sure I did it right in an acceptable manner, if that's alright. Don't want to accidentally screw something up, after all.

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Well, I've filled out and posted the bio for my first BZPRPG character, Voutok S'Tythe (whodathunkit, right? *shot*). While I'm aware that by the rules I am allowed to go ahead and jump into the RP, I think I'll just wait for some feedback, just to make sure I did it right in an acceptable manner, if that's alright. Don't want to accidentally screw something up, after all.

Good job! Everything in your profile seems to be allowed and well written. It always good to get new people into the game. Go have fun!

--------------   Tarrok | Korzaa | Verak | Kirik   --------------