Have You Moved On?

Triggons

While browsing the forums and looking at a few topics, I've noticed an abundance of people who aren't very enthusiastic about Bionicle anymore, and could care less about whether the story ends or if the sets come back. So my question is, have you moved on from Bionicle? If you have, then why? And if not, what are your opinions of people who have drifted away (not trying to bash people who don't care for it anymore, I'm just wondering)? I was pondering whether or not I should make this a poll, so feel free to move it if you feel like it's necessary.

oniban.png

BZP was down for a long while - could it be that people moved on because they didn't like the wait? No, I don't think BZP will be dead - not for a long while to come - but it's only natural to expect a slight decrease in activity. Especially since everyone's still adapting to the new forums.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Yes, I've moved on. Hero Factory and Transformers both have fill the space were Bionicle occupied.

[size=4][color=#FF0000][color=#000000]Formerly known as ROTF Devastator[/color][/color][/size]
Kittiez sigpet made by Mr Nebby
[img]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/vakama18/Stuff/shockwave_sig.jpg[/img][img]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Nrdy/Kittiez/W1/tabby.png[/img]

I'm not really interested in BIONICLE anymore, because there is nothing new for me to get into. I still have my full love for LEGO, and I am very interested and enjoy Hero Factory a lot.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Yeah it should be a poll, since it's a yes/no question. BTW, I haven't moved on. Bionicle sparks WAY too much of my imagination for me to abandon it just like that. *smashes a nearby radio playing Funky Town out of frustration*

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I moved on from Bionicle when they ended the toy line. Not that that was the only thing keeping me interested, I still followed the story months after that, but it wasn't long before I eventually gave up and turned my attention to other things. I can't come up with a reason why, I suppose I just grew out of it at the opportune time, losing interest while it ended. In my opinion, I had my time with Bionicle, and it had its time with me, for years and years we had a grand time, but it eventually that time came to an end as I grew older. I'm sure the same can be said for many others, perhaps they became interested in Hero Factory, or another toy line, I don't know, but I do know that I have left Bionicle, and that my loss of interest in it is final. (I do, however, still enjoy Role playing in the Bionicle RPG, my interest in that will not cease for quite some time) -Skar

I've moved on from BIONICLE in a sense. I still occasionally pull out a pad of paper and try to doodle a Toa from years past, but it's been a long time since I've checked BIONICLEstory.com, and I know there have been updates since I last checked.It's not that I don't remember BIONICLE fondly, but I can rarely enter a BIONICLE discussion without feeling that we've discussed the topic before. There are newer, fresher conversations I feel I could be having about other LEGO themes. And anyway BIONICLE discussions often come back to one of two topics: either how BIONICLE became worse and worse as the years went on (which I disagree with) or that it was going strong and was not wrapped up in a manner that was satisfactory (which I also disagree with).Besides, I personally feel Hero Factory and Ninjago are awesome, and in a lot of ways they've taken the place of the theme for me.

While I have sort of moved on from Bionicle, I have moved away from the community. That's one of the reason why BZPower won't be dying anytime soon.

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

I lost interest in the story and the sets long before the forums went down, but I agree with Toa Novu, the community is really what keeps me checking this website.

"An old silent pond...

A frog jumps into the pond,

splash! Silence again."

-Matsuo Batsho

It may be gone, I accept that. I just won't forget it.

Nice way of putting it. Having moved on from the series in 2004 out of a mindset of "I'm too mature for this now", I returned to find I had missed something I would have enjoyed quite a lot. There's no turning back the clock, but I'll maintain a fondness for the series for quite a while, I think.

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

I moved on about twenty minutes after learning Bionicle had ended. Bionicle was sucking up a huge percentage of by budget, the Bara Magna storyline didn't interest me whatsoever, and I was just getting to old to enjoy sitting down and "playing" with action figures. I didn't feel bad at all about Bionicle ending, it came at the ideal time for me. Most people here haven't "grown out" of Bionicle and it was just a larger part of their life to begin with, so I understand the initial outcry and backlash against Hero Factory. I also completely understand while some are still holding out for Bionicle's return. I get it, I just don't share their views on Bionicle's demise. 100101010 BC 010100101

Edited by Binary Code

Nice way of putting it. Having moved on from the series in 2004 out of a mindset of "I'm too mature for this now", I returned to find I had missed something I would have enjoyed quite a lot. There's no turning back the clock, but I'll maintain a fondness for the series for quite a while, I think.
That's exactly how I feel. I was never really an avid fan during the majority of the storyline, but I wish that I was so that I could have experienced it and then moved on. I guess the reason I'm still pretty interested in it is because I'm still pretty young. Some of you guys are graduating from high school, so it's understandable that you lose interest. Edited by Oni
oniban.png

*Incoming Transmission* Kind of. I mean, I still like Bionicle, and I'll always look back on it as a great part of my life. But now... I struggle to remember names, I'm fuzzy on the story, and I don't do much with the sets I own. I just don't have as much interest in it as I used to. But I'll always remember. I'll always like it. Just not as much. *End Transmission*

Edited by (Daedalus)

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

I moved on about twenty minutes after learning Bionicle had ended. Bionicle was sucking up a huge percentage of by budget, the Bara Magna storyline didn't interest me whatsoever, and I was just getting to old to enjoy sitting down and "playing" with action figures. I didn't feel bad at all about Bionicle ending, it came at the ideal time for me. Most people here haven't "grown out" of Bionicle and it was just a larger part of their life to begin with, so I understand the initial outcry and backlash against Hero Factory. I also completely understand while some are still holding out for Bionicle's return. I get it, I just don't share their views on Bionicle's demise. 100101010 BC 010100101

This, just about to a tee. I basically stopped being a fan of Bionicle in 2009, not just because of not just the fact that I disliked Bara Magna, but also because of my own maturity. I felt I was getting a bit old to continue playing with sets, and the storyline lacked appeal to me, seeming slightly childish. Now, to paraphrase Phauxx, I know I've moved on, but I won't forget it. It's influenced me to a good degree, and it's definitely not one of the things which I'll forget easily for that influence. -The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Seconded. Also, I've always been more of a storyline fan, and with no updates there really isn't that much to be involved with. I'll still be around here at BZP like I have been since the series was discontinued, but personally as a storyline fan, I've probably "moved away" from Bionicle as far as I can without completly moving on.

vezon_banner2_hd.jpg

A server busy message is just BZP's way of reminding you to do your homework.

"There's no point in getting angry with Bohrok, it would be like you getting angry with your toaster." -Greg

It's pronounced "Dem-e-b."

I barely care about the sets, have little interest in the story, and have no interest in building another set. That said, I still come here to post and read comedies. I still have every bit of knowledge about the storyline in my head. And i still cannot spell rahkshi names.

No one can prove it was me.

I suppose I've moved on. Occasionally, I still try to MOC (unfortunately for my poor Lego pieces), but RuneScape and Minecraft and school take up a lot of my time. In addition, I have long since given up looking for updates on BionicleStory.com after getting frustrated after updates every few weeks or so.

Signature? What is this "signature" you speak of?

I've started selling a lot of my sets and I haven't payed attention to the story for over a year now, so yeah, I'd say I've moved on. I had been gradually beginning to lose interest throughout 2009 - I guess I just didn't like the direction the story was going, and got tired of wasting my money on sets that I barely even wanted out of some strange obligation to buy them all. After they announced that the line was ending, I lost interest pretty quickly, and my disappointment with the story's "ending" pretty much killed whatever interest in Bionicle I still had at that point.

RksnKgM.jpg

I move on, then I come back, then I move on again, and etc. I can't keep it with me forever, and I have academics and sports and real life to busy me enough because I'm older now. But i never forget it though. I still read the stories wen i can. I still have the parts in boxes stacked in my room. I still jump on bzpower. I can't forget it; It's part of my childhood and growing up. - Darok

"You have to wonder at times what you're doing out there. Over the years, I've given myself a thousand reasons to keep running, but it always comes back to where it started. It comes down to self-satisfaction and a sense of achievement." - Steve Prefontaine

I was with Bionicle from the beginning. I got the sets, the books, saw movies, etc. It's been a huge chunk of my life.When 2009 rolled around, though, Bionicle's story became pretty boring. That, coupled with the recently begun economic downturn (which caused me to get less money for chores and presents and thus prevented me from being able to get many of the sets), was what began my decline in interest.Then Bionicle ended. I was dissatisfied with the details, but I thought the ending was in a good spot and didn't really think it should continue beyond there, what with the main overarching villain dead. So I didn't pay much attention to the serials.I pretty much only use my sets now to sprite and draw pieces on the computer, and I don't actually do much of that anymore.The only thing keeping me around here is my comics, and I eventually realized I'd be much better off making original comics rather than ones based off a deceased line of children's construction toys.  Especially since I could potentially make money off an original one; since I'm a junior in high school now I'd like to make that career option as attainable as possible even though it's not too likely.So yeah, I've moved on from Bionicle. And since I'd moved on from the rest of Lego in Bionicle's later years, no Hero Factory for me.(I seriously can't believe I typed all of that on my 3DS just now... 0.o)

button.png

Sure, I guess one could say I've moved on from Bionicle. Sure, I enjoyed it while it lasted, but I won't pretend that I thought the quality was lacking in some of its last years. It won't stop me from MOCing or writing stories set in the Bionicle universe, plus I am still enthusiastic about Lego sets in general. So yeah, whatever. :music: