Makuta returns?

• 4 weeks later...

The Vahi only controls the flow of time (you can either speed it up or slow it down); it doesn't allow travel to the past. Unless you break it, in which case all of time would happen at once...but that wouldn't exactly be a good idea. :P

Edited by John Smith
  • Upvote 1

The Vahi only controls the flow of time (you can either speed it up or slow it down); It doesn't allow travel to the past. Unless you break it, in which case all of time would happen at once...but that wouldn't exactly be a good idea. :P

Out of curiosity, what would that feel like for all of time to happen at once? I feel like everything would just cease to exist then and become void. I dunno, seems kinda scary, tbh.

new_sig_legacy_2.png

The Vahi only controls the flow of time (you can either speed it up or slow it down); It doesn't allow travel to the past. Unless you break it, in which case all of time would happen at once...but that wouldn't exactly be a good idea. :P

Out of curiosity, what would that feel like for all of time to happen at once? I feel like everything would just cease to exist then and become void. I dunno, seems kinda scary, tbh.

A giant ball of wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey stuff.  B-)

• Upvote 1

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

He died and came back almost annually before. I have no doubt he could do it again.

Well actually when he "died" when Takanuva defeated him, they went into the past for a couple of years, so he didn't really come back, it was just a retelling of what he did during the past. So in reality it took 4 years before he officially revealed himself again (3 if you count that vat of Antidermis, but that was a more unofficial comeback because no one knew exactly what that stuff was)

• Upvote 1

Formerly Iron_Man5

Wasn't there that thing about beings who died having their bodies transported to the red-star where they were rebuilt and revived? Of course that would not happen to Teridax, but what about other Makuta?

They are Antidermis, and Antidermis can't be transported to the Red Star. Well, Icarax could, but he exploded in billions of atoms.

Wasn't there that thing about beings who died having their bodies transported to the red-star where they were rebuilt and revived? Of course that would not happen to Teridax, but what about other Makuta?

They are Antidermis, and Antidermis can't be transported to the Red Star. Well, Icarax could, but he exploded in billions of atoms.

Icarax couldn't. No antidermis could -- doesn't matter if it's biomechanical or gaseous. (So far as we've been told anyways.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Icarax couldn't. No antidermis could -- doesn't matter if it's biomechanical or gaseous. (So far as we've been told anyways.)

But the Ignika devolved Icarax, remember ? IF he was killed in a way where his body was intact, he could've been revived.

But the Ignika devolved Icarax, remember ?

Into biomechanical antidermis. :) Remember that Makuta have always been antidermis. They just weren't always in the gaseous state. (That's why I mentioned that.)

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Into biomechanical antidermis. :) Remember that Makuta have always been antidermis. They just weren't always in the gaseous state. (That's why I mentioned that.)

So... from the beginning, the GBs did not care about death of Makutas at all ? Woah, that's a little... cruel.

Edited by HoloTheWise

So... from the beginning, the GBs did not care about death of Makutas at all ? Woah, that's a little... cruel.

Either that or they assumed that the Makuta as powerful as they were couldn't be killed (I mean, who would want to kill off humble Rahi creators?)

Formerly Iron_Man5

It's probably more a matter of resources and time. As far as we know, that one pool of antidermis is the only source there is. It may be that they did not have time to test and distribute more of it (meaning it could be a later molecular invention than their artificial protodermis), or incorporate it into RS revival machines. Yagotta keep in mind they were building under an unknown deadline; the Shattering could happen at any time, so they were pretty rushed.

There's also the complication that the pool was already alive with a hivemind of all the Makuta that would be made, so it seems like how it relates to lifeforms made of it is not the same as protodermis (plus the transformation to the gaseous state was said to be natural, although that is apparently not inherent to antidermis since Kraata don't do that). It may be they didn't even know how to involve revival with that different system.

IM's answer works too.

• Upvote 1

On its own, I dunno, but it could presumably be used by someone knowledgeable enough. I think that was discussed earlier in this topic, if badmem serves... (Or a version of both -- controlling Brutaka to collect the necessary equipment, perhaps.)

• Upvote 1

Has no-one considered the possibility that while the Teridax of this universe is confirmed dead, there exist thousands other universes. Couldn't it be that in we could get visit from another teridax who has almost the same memory as the old... 

I'm back!

Has no-one considered the possibility that while the Teridax of this universe is confirmed dead, there exist thousands other universes. Couldn't it be that in we could get visit from another teridax who has almost the same memory as the old... 

Well, we've technically still got good old Terry (emphasis on the good lol) because we've got the Melding Universe one. :) We could always just be content with what we've got, and be happy that Terry is a good guy, and can defend the people against new villains.

Formerly Iron_Man5

Well, we've technically still got good old Terry (emphasis on the good lol) because we've got the Melding Universe one. :) We could always just be content with what we've got, and be happy that Terry is a good guy, and can defend the people against new villains.

Well right, I'm also liking good Terry, but if Greg wanted bad terry again, an alternate universe one with practically the same memory would be the easiest solution.

• Upvote 1

I'm back!

I would really hope the story wouldn't go that route. Although it's been done well in some stories (like the Star Trek "reboot" movies), I'd much rather have all major influences on Core Dimension plot be native to the Core Dimension, personally.

But yeah, technically it's possible.

• Upvote 2

I would really hope the story wouldn't go that route. Although it's been done well in some stories (like the Star Trek "reboot" movies), I'd much rather have all major influences on Core Dimension plot be native to the Core Dimension, personally.

But yeah, technically it's possible.

I was thinking... It is possible that there's like a Blue Star(?) that revives Antidermis beings ?  :P

• Upvote 3

Or Green Star? :P

What fishers said... Though if you don't mean it literally, and you're saying there might be another way to revive them, possibly. Mata Nui might have developed one later, but it's hard to see how anything could work once they turned gaseous, as killing them requires destroying the antidermis... or spreading it out so much it would probably be pretty hard to collect it all (and even if you did, would it still have a record of their personality and memories?).

• Upvote 1

Or Green Star? :P

What fishers said... Though if you don't mean it literally, and you're saying there might be another way to revive them, possibly. Mata Nui might have developed one later, but it's hard to see how anything could work once they turned gaseous, as killing them requires destroying the antidermis... or spreading it out so much it would probably be pretty hard to collect it all (and even if you did, would it still have a record of their personality and memories?).

Well, the Green Star ( :P) dont have to be necessarily be close to Mata Nui... It could be on another place, maybe another planet close to SM ? idk

I was reading this topic from the beginning and some people said Aqua Magna killed him and others Bota. I swear it was Bota Magna. Where is this Aqua Magna stuff coming from?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

The confusion comes from a discrepancy between images that depicted his death. The official image shows the fragment of Aqua Magna that actually did him in, but the Mata Nui Saga opts for a more dramatic rendition in which he's killed by the entire moon of Bota Magna.

• Upvote 1
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
-- Harlan Ellison

I was reading this topic from the beginning and some people said Aqua Magna killed him and others Bota. I swear it was Bota Magna. Where is this Aqua Magna stuff coming from?

In the comics, his head was struck by blue debris, so people must have assumed it was Aqua Magna

Mata Nui dives at Teridax's robot body, shoving him into the path of a rock fragment that splintered from Aqua Magna.

Er, it was the moon of Bota Magna, as per Journey's End lol: 

A shadow fell over the robots, the shadow of the moon of Bota Magna returning to its place of origin. Using the last of his energy, Mata Nui rose and shoved Makuta backward into the path of the planetoid.

*goes off to the Greg dialogues in a hurry*

1. Were anybody killed when Teridax was killed by that moon of Bara Magna?
1a. Was the chunk Bota Magna or Aqua Magna or something else?

1) I’d assume so
1a) Chunk of one of the moons

That's  all I could find. 

Edited by fishers64

Well, the Green Star ( :P) dont have to be necessarily be close to Mata Nui... It could be on another place, maybe another planet close to SM ? idk

What would be the point of a Makuta-reviving place that doesn't travel with the giant robot (where the Makuta lived)?

In regards to which fragment/moon killed Makuta:

1. Teridax getting hit and killed by a fragment of Aqua Magna is the canon death for him, right?

1) It’s the one that makes most sense.

Hi Greg,

In one of your previous PM reported in Greg’s Official Dialogue, you said that Makuta’s robotic Head was hit by a fragment of Acqua Magna (as shown in the comics). Now in JE, as in Mata Nui’s Saga artwork, Makuta’s head is literally crashed by the Whole Bota Magna.

What has happened? You have changed your mind (and the book’s 10th Chapter) in the meanwhile?

Or the story was conceived as in JE from the start?

Please let us know..

Thanks

Luca S.

JE was written way before the comic was, and it was written to coordinate with Mata Nui Saga. The colorist for DC colored the moon blue in the comic, which is how the whole Aqua Magna thing got started.

Hello, Mr.Farshtey. I hope you are doing well. I just had a quick question about Makuta’s death. In the comic, he was hit by a fragment of Aqua Magna, but in both the Mata Nui Saga and the Journey’s End Novel, he is hit by Bota Magna. Which one is canon?

The original 2010 story bible simply says he was hit by one of the two other chunks of the planet. MNS and JE have it as Bota Magna, the comic colorist did it blue so it looked like Aqua Magna. The important point is that he was hit by a part of the one of the moons, not sure why it’s important which one it was.

1. Since the fragment that crashed Teridax’s head was confirmed by the MNS saga as Bota Magna while the comic doesn’t state which planet the fragment came from, that confirms that a Bota Magna frament, not an Aqua Magna, fragemnt hit Teridax’s head, right?

1) But I believe in the comic the fragment is colored blue, which is why people assumed it was Aqua Magna. Personally, I would simply say he was struck by an astral body - -which one it was is completely irrelevant to the story, really. If I pick up a rock and hit you with it, does it really matter WHICH rock it was?

1. Well, it would clarify which source (MNS or comic) was accurate.

1) Again, basically irrelevant. Two artistic interpretations of the same event, one where the fragment was blue, one where it was green, that’s basically it.

So, this is one of those issues Greg actually declined to pick one over the other and invokes the "comic universe" versus MNS/JE universe explanation, but he does agree that Aqua makes more sense, so I go with that. After all, the sources show Bota in its entirety, which should be fatal to Metru Nui inhabitants, but the comic version shows a fragment which makes Matoran survival more plausible. And that is the later source, so could be seen as a retcon. You could "translate" JE to a fragment of Bota, but that still wouldn't fit the MNS image. (Plus, you'd think the wet one is more likely to break up anyways, as water tends to loosen things.)

Does which planet hit him matter, tho ?

Ironically, it actually matters to my retelling (for reasons you'll have to wait and see to find out :P). Although I have plans for a way to make the alternate interpretation just as possible in my plot (but not what actually ends up happening).

Teridax is dead. He had a good run and is possibly my favorite villain in anything ever....but his story is done. I don't want him back, and as others have stated, he's been confirmed dead numerous times.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I can't really see Greg deciding to bring Teridax specifically - I feel his death was the grand climax of the whole original saga and bringing him back in some way or changing that ending would be a major thing that would be too important to have happen if the line didn't come back. However, from the quotes in this thread and general intuition, if they did bring the line back they'd be wanting to start a fresh story with a fresh evil - something easily accessible as the new audience wouldn't have been alive for a lot of Teridax's saga. :P That being said they could always have him come back as the villain and just re-establish him as basically a new character and have the fact he is Teridax a side fact, almost an easter egg for the old fans. While there's nothing wrong with doing that, it does seem kind of pointless in that you couldn't really refer to his past much without isolating newer fans to some degree and not referring to his past would basically make him a different character I feel. Anyway so I'm going to go with he isn't coming back. :P

• Upvote 2
photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^