Best Memory of BIONICLE

What is your best memory of BIONICLE?

Not sure if this topic has been made recently, if so just close the topic, but for now i would like to hear what your favorite memory of BIONICLE was?

My best memory is definitely when I was younger I used to have my box full of parts and built MOCs most days after school, but now all my sets are built and on display or back in their boxes so I don't really MOC anymore

Edited by randomreviewerbros

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!
https://www.youtube.com/user/RandomReviewerBros

Some of my most memorable moments are some when I got the masks out of boxes or when I got the mask of time off of eBay a long time ago (2002-03) and I knew that was the best day of my life. However, little did I know, the mask was fragile. And in my young playful hands, the mask was damaged slightly. I had let my cousin borrow the mask but that was when it REALLY got damaged (with bite marks!) And was really sad when it came back in such an awful state. Buy luckily I find the bionicle stand at Brickfair 14 where bzpower was and bought the last mask of time there.

Another memorable time was when me and my cousin were building up our bionicle societies with some of the newer characters like from the Glatorian saga but unfortunately my cousin lost his will for bionicle, leaving me with the societies of yesteryear.

Another memorable time was when I was searching for the seventh Toa, and took me ages to find him.

Wow, that's a hard question for me...  I really have to give two.  

In about 2009 I was at the house of two of my cousins, and they and I built practically an army of MOCs I remember we had several Toa (I remember a Toa of Fire, a Toa of Lightning, and a Toa of Ice, but I know there were others), At least two Skakdi (Amusingly, one of them was on the side of the Toa), and several other MOCs.  The thing is, most people would probably have considered us "too old," to actually play with them, but we did anyway.  The funny part, is this was really the first time those particular cousins had ever really wanted to play with Bionicle sets.  Sure, we had role-played as our favorite characters, or sometimes as some of our MOCs, but they had never really cared to use the sets themselves for anything besides building, but after that despite being "to old" they actually started playing with them a lot.

The other memory, is of a MOC I built, originally just a generic Rahkshi, except this one was a "good guy."  Eventually I broke it down for parts, and then Re-built him a month later.  Then broke him down for parts again, and rebuilt him.  I built a MOC in 2003, that has "stayed with me" ever since, every time I took him apart, he eventually was re-built bigger and better than ever, and now I have what is probably the final version standing on my shelf.  I guess I just always liked the Idea of a "good" Rahkshi.

Edited by Rampant

Wyrd byð swyðost

I really need to be more active

There's been a lot of very find and memorable moments I've had involving Bionicle and it's really hard recollecting them all at once, let alone choosing the best. A couple of standouts (in brief) would be after I first got my first sets, Onua and Gali, and taking them out back in the bush outside my grandparents old house (behind the wine cellar made from a shipping container :P) and having Onua lift rocks and stuff. :P Another moment/set of moments that has always stuck with me was my time playing MNOG - I was by myself a lot then so when I had the chance to played MNOG on fast internet I was very happy - I did this at the university library where my mum worked at the time and feeling super privileged that I only had to wait a few moments for the scenes to load. :P I think the final memory I'll share (I'll stop here I think) was getting the 2003 Makuta set - I was given it as a reward for having behaved in school for a whole term (something I struggled to do a lot at the time :P) and I had been very very excited to finally have Makuta in set form, so it felt like a double accomplishment at the time. Just a few briefly anyway - I could give more but I don't think anyone wants half my life story. :P

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^

I think my most memorable moments from Bionicle are Christmas 2006, 2007, and 2008 - you see, we missed a bunch of sets from every other year (or just never built them),  but those three years from November to the end of the holiday break we basically ended up getting almost every set we were missing for the year... which meant that the holiday break was spent having huge awesome battles take place between the heroes and villains of the year.

Those were the days.

September 8, 2014, aka the day when Bionicle 2015 was confirmed. B-)

Joking aside, my best memory from Bionicle was when I finally found a Lesovikk set at my local Wal-Mart. I had been looking for it for what felt like forever. When I finally did find it, I was so happy that I grabbed it and literally ran full speed from the toy section of the store all the way to the check out section. I don't even want to think about how many weird looks I must have gotten as I ran past people. :P 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Joking aside, my best memory from Bionicle was when I finally found a Lesovikk set at my local Wal-Mart. I had been looking for it for what felt like forever. When I finally did find it, I was so happy that I grabbed it and literally ran full speed from the toy section of the store all the way to the check out section. I don't even want to think about how many weird looks I must have gotten as I ran past people. :P

Nice haha, Toa Lesovikk was a very nice set, have you still got it built?

Go check out our Youtube channel! We review BIONICLE and other LEGO related items!

I never took it apart once I built it. Because A) I thought it was a great set, and B) thanks to the curse of the cracking lime-green Lego pieces of 2007, I feared that some of his pieces would break if I even attempted to take him apart. And I wasn't going to let that happen to one of my favorite sets. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Probably getting Pohatu way back when and the other Toa Mata.

I was 7, and I remember it clear as day. I had to get some shots for school (5, yikes), and my dad said he'd get me a Bionicle for each shot I got.

And that's how I got the Toa Mata and my dad and I started our connection. Honestly thinking about the experience brings tears of joy to my eyes. :')

• Upvote 3

Archon                      

"For one to truly feel alive, the person must kill oneself a little bit each and every day."

Check out my MOC, one of the new generation of Toa on Spherus Magna!

***Toa Kyraan***

I never took it apart once I built it. Because A) I thought it was a great set, and B) thanks to the curse of the cracking lime-green Lego pieces of 2007, I feared that some of his pieces would break if I even attempted to take him apart. And I wasn't going to let that happen to one of my favorite sets. 

Yeah i definitely understand, those lime green pieces were just too easy to break while MOCing

Probably getting Pohatu way back when and the other Toa Mata.

I was 7, and I remember it clear as day. I had to get some shots for school (5, yikes), and my dad said he'd get me a Bionicle for each shot I got.

And that's how I got the Toa Mata and my dad and I started our connection. Honestly thinking about the experience brings tears of joy to my eyes. :')

Thats awesome man, must be great memories for you

I have a lot of memories of the Toa Mata. I remember I ordered Tahu and Vakama early from the back of the LEGO Magazine, and I went around my first grade class spreading the word about this new "Bionicle" thing that was on its way.

(The promotional CD that came with Tahu really got to me. I was so excited to get each new Toa so that I could enter their mask code and unlock each one's video.)

mocing on sunday mornings or with my friend.

Trying to put on Skrall's helmet with the head on the wrong way round. XD I only became a Bionicle fan in 2007, and so I had become used to the Metru heads. It took me about a minute to realise that his head was on the wrong way round.

LOL same thing happend to me with malum

wearewaiting.gif

As long as there is one bionicle fan out there there is still hope for bionicle to return. Keep faith. Bionicle is amazing.

My most memorable time with Bionicle had to be when I found out it was ending back in 2009. I almost lost interest in the line and story as I was entering high school, but when I found out it was ending that soon changed. I made it a point to read every serial, book, and comic, even though I never got around to it until the eleventh grade when I found that the fan community was still booming.

Bionicle is generally memorable to me as a whole. It was what I liked and, where I lived, people did not. No one could tell me not to like Bionicle because they had no grounds to make their case. I still have my MOCs, which I may put up sooner or later, and they stand proudly on top of my cabinets. ;.)

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Finding Tahu Nuva at a yard sale for 25 cents with all the pieces. He was automatically one of my favorite sets from then on!

Wow that is amazing, do you remember what year you got it?

I got it Summer 2008! I also found Kopaka there for 25 cents as well, but he was missing his torso...:P. But then 2 years later I found another Kopaka set with ALL the pieces at a yard sale for 50 cents.

Oh so many. Notable ones include: (keep in mind I started in 2009 but started reading up on the past almost immediately)

1-First playthrough of MNOG, knowing barely anything about pre-2009 story.

2-Not knowing I had to press a button on VNOG to advance combat (thought I only got to attack once) and ended up needing a Nui Blaster to beat the Water Gafna.

3-Playing a lot with Mazeka (and Swamp Crawler), Raanu and Skrall making up weird stories where the only thing remotely matching canon were their names.

4-Reenacting the closing scenes of LoMN with the aforementioned sets (plus some more Agori). I especially remember putting a Skrall helm on Raanu then "morphing" it into Raanu's normal helm. Yeah.

5-The pure joy I had from learning the complexities of Bionicle in the Legends years. Still one of my favorite things about Bionicle to this day.

Finding Tahu Nuva at a yard sale for 25 cents with all the pieces. He was automatically one of my favorite sets from then on!

Wow that is amazing, do you remember what year you got it?

I got it Summer 2008! I also found Kopaka there for 25 cents as well, but he was missing his torso... :P. But then 2 years later I found another Kopaka set with ALL the pieces at a yard sale for 50 cents.

Far out you are heaps lucky haha! 

Christmas Eve, 2001

I was so excited for Christmas, so very excited. I had seen some of the commercials for the sets at the time. I really wanted one of them. Mom let me open up one of my presents early. I got Kopaka, one of my first ever Bionicle sets. That Christmas I got another one. I can't remember which, though I am inclined to say Gali or Onua...

Anyways, first Bionicle set I ever got, not counting the McDonalds happy meal Matoran, which I am not certain of when I got those...

mnog3d_banner.jpg

biofight042_banner_plasmarun.png

-END OF LINE-

I don't know, there were a lot of memorable moments, from watching Mask of Light the first time, to experiencing the Mata Nui Rising scene. But I think the most special memory is when my brother first introduced the line to me through the first comic. We were so captivated - that night we went to the park and pretended we were the Bionicle characters. We didn't own any sets yet, but we still fell in love with the concept and story. And though he stopped following Bionicle after 2003, this return in 2015 has got my brother and I talking about the sets and it's a really nostalgic feeling. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg