• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

A Slightly Different Tale

Featured hand drawn

• Please log in to reply
145 replies to this topic

#121 Offline Protoss General

Protoss General
  • Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 1,315 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 15 2012 - 03:04 PM

I like the new header. I wouldn't say it's scary, but definately a little unsettling (the good kind though) and builds a sense of eager anticipation. :)

#122 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,241 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 16 2012 - 12:08 PM

This... is quite awesome.I love how the toa of powers series has evolved from a little stick figure thing to this. Thank god I started reading these as it has started to go into this direction.

20121021-frhgn7u158ujtpjk4wbhgp1ck.jpg

what

#123 Online Fairy Knight

Fairy Knight
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,021 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 15 2012 - 05:32 AM

Posted Image

I know, I know, it's been ages since the last update, and I'm really sorry, but my motivation had sorta... disappeared after the mini-downtime. Ah well, I'm back with a new comics, and I hope you enjoy it. :317 - Prophecy?... I know it's weird :/

I like the detail in his face. It gives it a sorta more creepy, more serious look to it. :)

Thank you! =D Well I thought it would be fun to do a more 'creepy' version of the Toa if Powers, because usually the comics themselves tend to be rather... ridiculous compared to what I originally had in mind. Not that I don't like the development, but yeah, in a way the header was inspired by the way I originally wanted the mini-arc to turn out like. ^_^

I like the new header. I wouldn't say it's scary, but definately a little unsettling (the good kind though) and builds a sense of eager anticipation. :)

Glad you like it! =DI realized that having my very own alter-ego in the header might be a bit misleading, since the comics are (currently) focusing on someone else entirely... yeah. xD

This... is quite awesome.I love how the toa of powers series has evolved from a little stick figure thing to this. Thank god I started reading these as it has started to go into this direction.

Thank you, and I hope you'll keep on reading/enjoying these, even though I don't update that often ^^'

screenshot_53.jpg

Sometimes appearanes change, but the heart behind them stays the same...

#124 Offline Kuan

Kuan
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 796 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 15 2012 - 06:42 AM

you see... omg you see... the future

--:k::u::a::n:

kuanidcard.png
biofighter_banner_platform.png

OOC: So now we get to fight in a burning magnetic cyberspace castle, above a tsunami filled with magnetic flying explosive sharks, where bricks and sharks are being magnetically flung around the room, two people are hugging/tickle-dancing, one person has had his chest explode, and the rules of time and space have completely forgotten that they are supposed to exist. This round is awesome.

#125 Offline iPenguin

iPenguin
  • Members
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,241 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 15 2012 - 10:56 AM

I think the harrowing intent of the comic was ruined due to the fact that I read the conscience's rhyme in the tune of that Willy Wonka song.

20121021-frhgn7u158ujtpjk4wbhgp1ck.jpg

what

#126 Online Fairy Knight

Fairy Knight
  • Premier Member

• 4,021 posts

Posted Sep 10 2012 - 03:08 AM

After what feels like an eternity I am once again back with a comic update... looks like I totally deserve the title of 'laziest comic artist in AWIII', huh? ._."18 - The trouble with plotsand no, I am totally not poking fun at my very own way of 'storytelling' http://www.bzpower.c...tyle_emoticons/default/sarcastic.gifAnyways, as you can see, this is a fully coloured update. ^^What else there is to say?Oh right, I completely messed up the last panel ;n;

you see... omg you see... the future

Kind of. ;)

I think the harrowing intent of the comic was ruined due to the fact that I read the conscience's rhyme in the tune of that Willy Wonka song.

... that was absolutely not intended, but I hope it was at least entertaining. xD

screenshot_53.jpg

#127 Offline DoctorCouch

DoctorCouch
  • Members
  • Scavenger

• 630 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 10 2012 - 03:29 AM

Oh man... Conscience in that fourth panel...Also, you are totally poking fun at your very own way of storytelling.

Edited by Bordakh Unit 227, Sep 10 2012 - 03:30 AM.

#128 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Lehvak-Kal Launched

• 4,821 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 10 2012 - 05:20 AM

Awkward moments. Awesomeness. Wow, Kriya is up to more than enslavement? This is why you NEVER TRUST A MAKUTA. XDAand the thinly veiled apology comic! That was funny, though. Your coloring skills are great, whenever I try to hand-color I just make a mess of the drawing. Nice work.Also, the conscience in the fourth panel was hilarious.

#129 Offline Bearcat

Bearcat
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 1,138 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 10 2012 - 10:33 PM

Re-read them all. I loved the hooded one in the first comic (Death?)Anyway, using emoticons for what they are thinking is awesome.Oh, and his conscious makes me laugh, he amuses me.

Edited by Facade, Sep 10 2012 - 10:39 PM.

banner.png

Enjoy.

#130 Offline Hidron Nuva

Hidron Nuva
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 736 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 02:43 PM

Aaaah, the suspence is killing me! :PWhat's Kryia up to? It's just like in TV series xDAnother awesome update ^^This time in with colour :DSeriously, I love how you colour, and you get better day by day!...loved Conscience towards the end xD

Click me -> boxor_2b.png- My Brickshelf

#131 Offline Dragonfly the Luminescent

Dragonfly the Luminescent
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 375 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 13 2012 - 09:40 PM

I can relate to the comic author ... completely ...And I wish my conscience was that funny! :P

Posted Image

In the meantime, you shall be loved and tolerated.

Dragonfly's continued Boutique - How I drew the herd

-----------------------------------------

I am both Toa Mata Nui and Dragonfly the Luminescent

-----------------------------------------

Ask LNU and Pinkie Pie - Biocryptid21's Comics 3.0 - Darcsyde's Comics - Doomsday - Tilted - Awesomepaclypse - A Slightly Different Tale - Reality

#132 Online Fairy Knight

Fairy Knight
  • Premier Member

• 4,021 posts

Posted Oct 08 2012 - 01:36 PM

19 [INTERLUDE] an announcement... this was actually drawn while going by underground train. For those 30 minutes are the only time during the day where I both have the time, and also the creative energy to do something. ><Or rather, the first row of panels was drawn then. The rest was added in between lectures. ._.So art-wise, that's what you'll have to expect...IMPORTANT: this does not mean that the Toa of Powers arc won't be completed. But the story requires more 'advanced'/'epic' updates, which I just can't do right now... therefore, fillers. First one of them should be up this week already. Thanks for your understanding. :)

Oh man... Conscience in that fourth panel...Also, you are totally poking fun at your very own way of storytelling.

Conscience, due to being not an actual 'person', is very well aware of the 4th wall =PNo, I am totally not! :P

Awkward moments. Awesomeness. Wow, Kriya is up to more than enslavement? This is why you NEVER TRUST A MAKUTA. XDAand the thinly veiled apology comic! That was funny, though. Your coloring skills are great, whenever I try to hand-color I just make a mess of the drawing. Nice work.Also, the conscience in the fourth panel was hilarious.

apology? Where? =O Oh, that...Thank you! =D Yeah, colouring is fun - but more importantly, a matter of practise, just as everything...^^

Re-read them all. I loved the hooded one in the first comic (Death?)Anyway, using emoticons for what they are thinking is awesome.Oh, and his conscious makes me laugh, he amuses me.

Nope, the hooded character is actuallyn "Creepy Coat" which means he's just exactly that: a coat floating around leaving sarcastic remarks. My sis came up with him, and allowed me to use him occasionally. ^^And glad to hear that! =D

Aaaah, the suspence is killing me! :PWhat's Kryia up to? It's just like in TV series xDAnother awesome update ^^This time in with colour :biggrin:Seriously, I love how you colour, and you get better day by day!...loved Conscience towards the end xD

Haha, no... the plot is far too simple for a tv series. :PBut thanks, I feel honoured x3Mhm... sadly I fear it will be the last of that kind of a while D:thanks again :3Apparently that is the best part of the comic =P

I can relate to the comic author ... completely ...And I wish my conscience was that funny! :P

Glad to hear that! =DYeah, me too. Mine just gives me sleepless nights... ._.

screenshot_53.jpg

#133 Online Fairy Knight

Fairy Knight
  • Premier Member

• 4,021 posts

Posted Nov 02 2012 - 09:05 AM

*totally not dead yet*F1: Plot draftNo, I am usually not satisfied with the plots I come up with. But at least I try on and hope it will get better with practise. It has worked for drawing, so...I hope the comic's not too awful. ._.

screenshot_53.jpg

#134 Offline Calvirick

Calvirick
  • Premier Member
  • Flying Force!

• 2,369 posts

Posted Nov 02 2012 - 12:58 PM

Art wise: I think your coming close to that border where you're finally able to keep your style the same as the panels change. IDK if that makes any sense to you. HAHA!Oh and that comic where you dig your story line and end with ";^;" made me laugh out loud. No joke...

#135 Online Fairy Knight

Fairy Knight
  • Premier Member

• 4,021 posts

Posted Dec 09 2012 - 01:22 PM

20 - Rise

Aaaaaaaand now, when you all aren't expecting me to even think about this anymore - COMIC update. Regular story one. And fairly... epic, if I dare to say so myself. Actually the second attempt at this part of the story, and it flows so much better now. :3

Hope it's not too dark/scary, though. :S

screenshot_53.jpg

#136 Offline Tekulo in the Green

Tekulo in the Green
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Illusory Instigator

• 1,334 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 09 2012 - 03:28 PM

[color=rgb(0,100,0);]Okay, I know the character in the comic who writes The Toa of Powers (I still find it funny that that title is one word off from my old username, XP) has so far written about simple stuff, but this new comic is actually sounding interesting.  If I existed in this comic-verse, I would totally pick up the next issue.  XP[/color]

#137 Online Fairy Knight

Fairy Knight
  • Premier Member

• 4,021 posts

Posted Feb 26 2013 - 07:55 AM

Always the same (whew I really hope you can read my handwriting ^^")

Another comic update? Is anyone even reading those anymore xD Well.

Alternate title: "Apology comic the 100th - now with zombies!"

...Posted Imagebecause reasons. :3

[color=rgb(0,100,0);]Okay, I know the character in the comic who writes The Toa of Powers (I still find it funny that that title is one word off from my old username, XP) has so far written about simple stuff, but this new comic is actually sounding interesting.  If I existed in this comic-verse, I would totally pick up the next issue.  XP[/color]

a mere coincidence, I swear xD But yeah, sooner or later that always happens... among other things, of course ^^"

screenshot_53.jpg

#138 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,634 posts

Posted Feb 28 2013 - 01:50 AM

For a "dying" comic, the latest update was pretty good - color and humor over the zombie topic thing are certainly improvements. Mind if I encourage you to keep it up? 

14126183966_9690cb0da3_z.jpg

#139 Offline Leraku

Leraku
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 394 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 01 2013 - 01:46 PM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"][color=rgb(0,102,255);]Great to see you back. Hope you manage to keep going, as seeing this update is usually quite an interesting occasion![/color][/font]

Sisen said:

Let's focus on Snail! Snail is the bombdiggity.

#140 Offline The Manga Maniac Named Zac

The Manga Maniac Named Zac
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 2,374 posts
  •  

Posted Mar 26 2013 - 07:10 PM

I love the art style of your comics.There is just something about your art that I like, even though some can get a bit grim and dark, its still amazing. I'm glad that I'm not the only one who draws by hand when it comes to comics. Keep drawing on my friend

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

mega_man_reboot_gif___600x300___by_zacax

"Humans and robots living together in harmony and equality. That, was my ultimate wish,"-Dr.. Thomas Light

#141 Online Fairy Knight

Fairy Knight
  • Premier Member

• 4,021 posts

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 07:49 AM

Return to Fantasy

Yay, an update after... 5 months? Something like that. As you can see, I'm determined to use my summer holidays for getting on with this... yeah. I just hope it will all work out ^^"

*Return to Fantasy is an awesome song by Uriah Heep, BTW. ^^

screenshot_53.jpg

#142 Offline Kuan

Kuan
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 796 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 08:16 AM

Yay more Toa of Powers!

--:k::u::a::n:

kuanidcard.png
biofighter_banner_platform.png

OOC: So now we get to fight in a burning magnetic cyberspace castle, above a tsunami filled with magnetic flying explosive sharks, where bricks and sharks are being magnetically flung around the room, two people are hugging/tickle-dancing, one person has had his chest explode, and the rules of time and space have completely forgotten that they are supposed to exist. This round is awesome.

#143 Offline vataki

vataki
  • Members

• 4,018 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 02:14 PM

glad to see a comic with some coloring in it! and a comic just in general!

hoorayyy

naw man

#144 Offline Ricardo Mason

Ricardo Mason
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,532 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 07 2013 - 03:52 PM

I like the little visorak on the curtain. So small.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#145 Offline Hidron Nuva

Hidron Nuva
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 736 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 02:39 PM

AN UPDATE!And colored, too :DI'm happy you're still making ASDT. Will you put on the lovely 'comic update' signature again? ^^

Click me -> boxor_2b.png- My Brickshelf

#146 Offline Damaracx The Mad Scientist

Damaracx The Mad Scientist
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 2,011 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 11 2013 - 01:46 AM

[color=#ff0000;]Wow, it's been a while since I viewed these....[/color]

[color=#a9a9a9;]@Most Recent Comic:  Karz, do I know that feeling.  Still trying to make a comic for mine.  I also, really like the lil' Visorak you put there.  Nice touch.[/color]

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users