The Asylum - IC Topic

IcarusBen

IC: Fade - Arrivals.

The Ba-Toa walked in through the doors, handing his security pass over to the guard for inspection. The skakdi nodded, checking his name off the list, and handed the toss it back to him. "Would one of you gents be kind enough to show me the way to my new office?"  

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Kovika - Recreational Area

Kovika, hearing his sister's reply, looked at her, then looked at the two ahead. "We are still Toa, we keep the peace. That is what I shall do." Kovika approached the two, who did not look like they were making peace about the situation. "Why don't we keep this as peaceful as possible? Be civil." He turned his attention to the angry Vo-Toa. "Keep your calm. There is no need to fight. What provoked this?" Kovika spoke, instead of his normal icy tone, he spoke with a more meditative or cooling tone.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

GM IC

Halmos heard on his communicator that the replacement had arrived. By unknown means, he was down in the entrance area. "Hello there. Please follow me."

As the two walked only a little ways, he came to an office that said Chief of Security and opened the door. Inside was an office almost like Halmos', except with a little less decorations. Walking over to a bookshelf, he pulled abruptly on one of the books.

The bookshelf opened like a door, revealing the security area. "You monitor this post at night, to prevent patients from trying to escape. They wander about at that time, so they may attempt to flee the area. Your security cameras come equipped with a silent alarm key and have daytime, nighttime and infrared settings. Do you have any questions?"

IC: (Obruent/Cafeteria)

"Sure." said the Hg-Toa in an easygoing voice.

Obruent looked down at his food,  raising his knife to slice an ominous looking grey object--

--his movement was less than a blur, invisibly fast: he had whirled round, flicking his razor-sharp throwing knife directly at Sal's heartlight with the precision of a thousand hour's practice...going for the head would be showy, but would have less of a chance of hitting. This way, there was very little chance of not hitting.

As the knife left his hand, he stepped backwards about a metre.

Kathok

GM IC Nyhe:

"Doctor, the Chief of Security's here."

Well... A new chief, eh? Let's hope he has a better fate than the last one...

"Understood. Get Recovery to tell me when Kotak's woken up."

"Yes, ma'am."

She rushed over to the Security Offices, her legs aching from all the running she was doing that day.

Pulling going towards the east door of the Main Security Office, she saw Halmos and Fade coming in through the south entrance, a bookshelf.

"You guys realize that there's two doors here?"

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

Now a proud member of The Kanohi Force

76561198041367047.png

IC: Fade - Security Office.

"No questions, sir," he said curtly to Halmos, before turning to face Nhye. "Greetings, Doctor."

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

GM IC Nyhe:

"Greetings, Fade. I should probably explain a few things. See these doors? Very technically, they're secure. Push this button and they'll lock into place. However, if you close the without pushing the button, then... well..." She bent down and pulled up on a handle at the bottom of the door. "...they open up rather easily."

She pointed towards a small box on the wall. "That's your capacitor. See, the doors, in order to stay completely secure, drain massive amounts of power. The doors here are on a separate circuit from the rest of the facility, which means that you've gotta keep the doors locked for as little as possible. If the capacitor loses it's power, it's gotta recharge, which means... well... Don't get to the recharge point."

She walked towards a large computer station. "This is the main security console. Here, you can monitor every camera in the facility, trigger the alarms, open and close every door, control every single security system, all from here. Naturally, if anyone got here, it would be bad, so you can start a lockdown procedure which can only be stopped from here, the Warden's Office, my office in Patient Counselling, or the Siphon Control Chamber. Even then, you'd need a key and a password, both of which were given to you when you entered, I presume."

Finally she sat down in front of the workstation. "Your monitoring duties are from 12 to 6, pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, all other days, am. Got it?

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

IC: "Five-Knuckled" Sal - Recreation Area (Cafeteria)

Had Sal been an Onu-Matoran, the gunmetal being might have gotten her.

However, since she was a Toa who was practically baptised in combat during her time on the streets of Metru Nui and was used to fighting opponents with all manner of weaponry, his attack was less than successful... unless, of course, his true intentions were to tick her off even more.

Sensing his sudden movement, she leaned to the side, letting the knife sail towards the opposite side of the room. As her body repositioned itself, she activated her Pakari for the now miniscule boost that it provided and grabbed her tray of mostly-eaten food, swinging it with every intention of breaking it over her foolish attacker's face.

Despite the protests of the being that was trying to break up the fight, this was not going to end pretty.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Kovika - Recreational Area

Just as Kovika thought he could solve this easily, violence started, a knife, from his brother's hand, was making it's way to the heartlight of his sister. Things could never be done the easy way, could they?

Kovika was about to react when the knife left Obruent's hand, but Sal just leaned out of the way, and proceeded to swing a tray towards the Toa who had now moved a meter back. Kovika had tried to negate violence, but perhaps it was in avoidable

"Stop this," he looked at both, "This does not need to become more than it already is."

IC: Gida

Staring at the combatants from her table, Gida idly wondered if the guards were even going to break up this fight, or if they didn't care anymore. They don't care. Probably not, but it's their job. They should be here now. Yeah, well, I'd rather they be watching that monster. Well... I see what you mean. I wonder who dies tonight?
Now that was a strange thought. Gida probably shouldn't be thinking someone would die. But... so far, it seemed people were dying left and right. It certainly wouldn't be long now until the next victim was claimed. One thing she knew: it wouldn't be her.

So... if you want the fight broken up so much, why don't you do it? I don't enjoy getting involved in fights. Then what did you call that act earlier, confronting that gigantic stone guy? That was hardly a fight. It was a bully picking on a defenseless victim. Well it'd be easy to break up that little skirmish. Use your Mask. It's weakened. Have you forgotten? Yeah, but... I bet it can still make a small gravity field. Probably enough to push them apart. It doesn't matter. Can you be quiet for a while, though? If you talk too long, I get a headache. Well excuuuuse me, princess. Never say that again.

OOC: Yay, talking to myself... sort of... just to fill up space. 

Edit. Disregard the bit about the Mask. It has since been changed from Garai to Shelek.

Edited by Urchin

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

IC: Navuru (Solitary)

"Lana... *growl*"

"How's food in general confinement? The food here in solitary is not...good."

"Well...it looks like actual food in general confinement."

*CLANK*

Some sort of blue goop on a tray just slided out of a hole in my cell. By the sounds of it, the same happened in Nakton and Lana's cells as well.

"Don't chew it, just swallow. That way it doesn't taste too bad."

"I don't feel particularly hungry..."

BLAH! If the chef was trying to create something universally disgusting then my compliments to the chef. However since he is supposed to be feeding us rather than poisoning us then my insults to the chef.

This will be my only source of nutrition for centuries, at least. If I don't eat it, then I will starve.

"Ah Karzahni."

"Understood," he peered at the bank of cameras, "looks like there's about to be a fight in Recreation," he observed. 

IC: Scriva - Recreation.

She was gripping onto her pencil so tightly she'd almost snapped it. Everyone seemed fixed on the fight that looked like it was ready to break out, but she wasn't looking at the arguing patients. She was looking at everyone else, noting who was sitting with who and at what tables. 

Knowledge was power, after all...

Edited by Roman Torchwick

Obruent hit the floor from the first jump back, a moment later turning the momentum into a second jump back, using his Miru to reduce the gravity around his body, managing to make the jump more than another one-and-a-half metres.

He stood there, smiling, while saying: "Someone help, she's attacking me!" in a tone which managed to be both calm and urgent.

He seemed to be making no sign of attacking.

Kathok

GM IC

"Ah, there is?" Halmos said. "Well, we won't have to worry about that."

All the lights went dim.

For those in recreation, they would hear a distant scream. But they would easily be able to see the wall warping as it turned into a versatile portal, with the monster coming through...

The monster was much different from last time. It didn't float, but all of its four limbs ended in a huge black claw. It had no spot for eyes, yet could see perfectly fine. Two razor-sharp jaws held the corpse of a medical assistant. The portal closed and it bolted down the area, knocking aside Kovika and Kuraz, barely avoiding spearing Obruent with its foot. It took down the hallways before ripping at its prey, knocking the head off and sending it rolling into recreation. Funny, because right next to where it stopped a metal plate had been pressed into the wall, with the words

"Recreation area - very peaceful and quiet".

At the moment, only the quiet part was true.

Edited by Ghidora131

IC:Kuraz

Kuraz fell off the chair when the monster passed. That was unexpected. As she got to her feet she noticed the head. The victim wasn't a prisoner, at least not one that she knew. Maybe finding the body would give me more information. She followed the trail of blood towards the direction the body was.

My BZPRPG Profiles

Johk - Gerox - Skebran - Samoh

The Asylum: Nakton - Kuraz - Empu

GM IC Nyhe:

"Doctor," Nyhe's communicator rang. "There's been an incident in Rec."

"I'll get down there immediat-"

"There's more. He's awake."

"Never mind, then. Be there shortly. Sorry, Fade, I'll have to catch up with you later. Go see what's going down in the Rec room."

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

IC: Kovika - Recreational Area

Kovika saw Obruent get up after the tray flew towards him, Karz, he would need to keep these two seperate and guide the one he needed to speak with to Kuraz, Obruent shouted something, great, now he would need to shut him up and keep the one who dodged the knife away, if only he-

Kovika saw the lights dim, then a scream followed, next thing he knew he was being thrown out of the way. It hurt.

When he got up, he heard something had run down the halllway, and when he had looked around, his sister had left.

"Someone tell me what hit me?" He looked around, then turned to a trail of blood. He decided it was best to follow. He turned around to his siblings here, looking at Obruent and Sal with his icy gaze.

"Try and kill each-other, and it won't be you handing out judgement to one another." He focused he gaze solely on Obruent. "Kuraz and I would speak to you later, try to keep alive for that time."

Kovika followed the trail, today had just been getting worse and worse..

IC Kotak:

He sat up, his head feeling as though he'd been trampled by a Kane-Ra.

Something was different, though. He could feel the familiar chill of his Elemental power flowing through him.

He clenched his fist as the air around him cooled.

A grim smile played his lips.

Much better.

A knife of ice formed in his hand, sharp and deadly. Perfect throwing weapon.

IC: Scriva - Hallway.

Not again....

Scriva took off down a different hallway. If she recalled correctly, this one intersected with the one the monster had left through. With any luck, she would come out ahead of it. She pulled out the ice knife that the guard had given her, the cold blade sticking to her hand. She didn't know how much use it would be agaisnt a creature of that size and strength, but someone had to try.

No more death...

IC: "Five-Knuckled" Sal - Recreation Area (Cafeteria)

There were only a few things in this world that could snap Sal out of her rages, although the only one that she would ever freely admit to was the sight of watching something burn.

The sudden appearance of... whatever that thing was, however, had officially worked its way to the top of that list.

Instinctively dropping the tray and diving over the table as it neared the idiot who was previously trying to break up the fight, the Vo-Toa could only watch as the creature bowled him over during its mad dash out into the hallway.

When she finally got up the nerve to speak again, she found herself saying the first thing that came to mind.

"What in the name of bloody Karzahni was that?!"

A few moments past by before she realised that said Toa had returned to his feet and was now trying to threaten her.

"Oi! Both you and your little tosser of a friend back there can go sod off, you lousy prat," she snarled as she began following him out into the hallway, mostly out of a morbid curiosity rather than to be argumentative. "Nobody asked for your intervention, nor your opinion, really, and frankly, I've fought Matoran far more intimidating than you. You don't scare me in the slightest."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC: Kovika - Hallways

As Kovika walked away from the Recreational Area and followed the trail, he heard an angry voice of a sister behind him. "That was simply a warning to keep away from a fight Sister, he was not right for throwing the knife, but you should not have reacted in such a way. Not very Toa-like to go around threatening others. If one is violent, violence is the last resort. Now try not to kill our knife throwing brother, Kuraz and I need him alive. Now c'mon, we need to find where this goes."

Kovika kept following the trail, ready for whatever came next.

And the lunchroom exploded. Why did everything happen here? Gida, for the first time, was able to see the Monster's full form. It didn't really look the same as before, but then, she hadn't seen it clearly. After decapitating someone, it left through a hallway. Yep, chaos. One thing she could say about this place, it was never boring.

OOC: I'm wondering if I should edit that post mentioning the Garai, since nothing ever came of it. It seems kind of pointless. From now on, I'll just be posting with the Shelek.

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

GM IC Nyhe:

"Oh geez."

Nyhe summoned a large bubble of water. The knife passed through it and... stopped. With Nyhe reabsorbing the water, the knife dropped to the ground.

"Now, don't do that again, understood?"

Edited by IcarusBen

LEGO Republic:

The Valkyrie

The "Christmas Brick"

My BZPRPG Profiles

76561198041367047.png

Obruent stepped back forwards, watching the creature bound away.

He looked back to Sal. His face revealed nothing.

"I feel that we may have got off on the...wrong foot. We could be good allies. Accept this apology and perhaps we can work together towards any ambitions you have of...greater things."

Edited by Sil

Kathok

Gida placed her forehead on the table, using her Shelek to create a small field of sound-dulling. She didn't need all the yelling and talking at the moment. Seeing all that had given her a headache.

OOC: Okay, first post with Shelek. Gida's open for interaction.

BZPRPG:

Vergissmeinnicht

Active Characters

Inactive Characters

Mercure

Gida

Zel'Sai - Naberius

Skoll

Brickshelf

GM IC

The monster greedily munched on the scientist's body, slicing it into pieces and effectively removing the blood from it... Spilling it all over the floor. Scriva was luckily not in its range of vision.

Halmos turned back to the new Chief of Security when the lights turned back on. "Well, back to business."

"What happened?" he tapped the screen, peering at the images. "Where did all of that blood come from?" 

IC: Kuraz

Kuraz followed the trail until she saw the monster slicing the scientist. She gasped. Had this been yesterday's killer? Looks like the victim wasn't a prisoner this time. She heard footsteps coming from the hallway same hallway she had taken. Karz,this is not good. If the monster finds out she's there it will mean her end.

My BZPRPG Profiles

Johk - Gerox - Skebran - Samoh

The Asylum: Nakton - Kuraz - Empu

IC: Scriva - Corridors.

She shuffled carefully around the corner, gripping Kotak's ice knife tightly in one hand. And there it was: the creature. It was still devouring the corpse. And behind it.... "Get out of here!" she hissed, raising her voice. It hurt to talk so loudly, but not as badly as the other patient (Kuraz) would be if the monster saw them. 

She stepped out of hiding and raised the knife, skills she hadn't used in years taking over as she took careful aim and flung the knife towards the monster's open maw...

"Sir, there's a severed head," he pointed to another monitor. "I'm hitting the alarm. This is serious." 

GM IC

The ice knife flew towards the monster's mouth, embedding itself in one of the dead scientist's arms. With a low...Low growl, The monster turned its head to the source of the knife, Scriva. But before Scriva could react...

What are you doing, foolish Toa? attacking my form? no no, that will never kill me!

After Scriva recovered from the attack on her mind, she barely had time to fall onto her back as the monster barreled over her, shadow emanating from its body. When it landed it sparked the floor, turning to face its target...

"Very well." Halmos said, trying to sound like he wasn't grumbling. "I'll alert the guards to bring weaponry on their search."

IC: Scriva - Corridor.

Scriva recovered quickly and got to her feet. The creature was different to how it had been the night before. It was talking now, and using.... psionics. When it had killed Caetus, it had primarily used lightning. Now that it was facing her it was using her own element. 

That had to mean something. "What are you?" she asked shakily. 

"With all due respect, sir, these patients aren't safe, and neither are the guards," he picked up his radio, "I'm going to broadcast a message asking all prisoners to return to their cells and for all of the guards to equip riot gear." 

GM IC

"Mm.." Halmos looked at the clock on the wall. "Good idea. But what Toa weapon could behead someone so quickly...?" Halmos puzzled this as he left the security room.

Ha! what you look at is not what I am, pathetic brakas.

With a roar that sounded like a mad beast, the monster charged Scriva, before stopping suddenly. Growling, it blasted the room full of air before portaling through the wall again. Mark my words, Scriva. You will not come out alive.