Bionicle Speed Racers

fishers64

All challenges in this part of the round are individual.

While I was planning on stylizing the scene to reflect xccj, Pahrak #0579, Lucina, Luroka, and Ghidora all racing together to reflect the players' intentions, that can be changed. It may affect the result of each challenge each since all of you would be on the same track, as opposed to a breakup which could place each new challenge on a different track.

Do we have a decision on this? If not, I'm just going to go with the five way duel thing. Me lazy.

And I need to stop being so slow, here we go:

END OF ROUND 1 CHALLENGES

NeoShadow Vezon, incensed terribly by the fact that I called Luroka the "master of shadows", immediately challenged him to a race. As luck would have it, the two found themselves in the Drifts.

Luroka had no chance - his vehicle, low to the ground, immediately found itself sinking in the snow, unable to be piloted further. The Erebus Embodiment loped along, pelted by snow in the terrible winds and climbing its way over the snowdrifts. It reached the finish badly weakened and shivering.

Challenge: NeoShadow Vezon vs. Luroka: NeoShadow Vezon is the winner!

FF the Forgotten and Lewa the Soaring Champion found themselves on a dangerous bridge over a rushing stream, near the dangerous ruins of the Ancient City. The two bikes revved, heading through the treacherous track ahead.

Midway through, the evil Skull Grinder appeared and smashed both of their bikes to bits. The two were forced to walk, only to see an arena near the finish. "This wasn't really fair," said FF the Forgotten. "I challenge you to a duel!" He pulled out his sword. Lewa agreed, pulling out an ax.

The battle went on long and fierce, with both combatants doing their best, until Lewa finally got enough of an axe swing to knock FF's sword out of his hand.

Challenge: FF the Forgotten vs. Lewa the Soaring Champion: Lewa the Soaring Champion is the winner!

Meanwhile, Nevermore and Pulse found themselves in the glowing cavern of the underground. The Segway posted a commendable speed, but Nevermore's swinging pendulum knocked him back enough for the Poe Hunter to cross the finish line ahead of him.

Challenge: Nevermore vs. Pulse: Nevermore is the winner!

Elsewhere in the underground, a whole bunch of cars showed to challenge Lucina - apparently she was now the local favorite. xccj pulled up in the X car, Luroka was dusting snow off of his using Shadow energy.

"I really wanted to race Pahrak #0579." Lucina said, and the Cahdok Cruiser pulled up. Ghidora pulled up shortly thereafter, tooting his horn merrily.

"Get out of here." Voltex said, punching Ghidora in the face. "You are not worthy."

The other three cars took off down the track, leaving the unconscious crazytoran behind. Luroka blazed across the finish line first, followed very closely by xccj who lost by a nose. The Cahdok Cruiser glided in at third, and Voltex was last...except for Ghidora, who still hadn't moved from the starting position.

Challenge: xccj vs. Lucina: xccj is the winner!
Challenge: Lucina vs. Pahrak #0579: Pahrak #0579 is the winner!
Challenge: Luroka vs. Lucina: Luroka is the winner!
Challenge: Ghidora vs. Lucina: Lucina is the winner!

Toa Kapura and Pulse soon found themselves in a sandy stone track. Still smarting from his defeat by Nevermore, Pulse pushed his Segway hard to narrowly beat Toa Kapura's...slow pedaling. He was moving fast by moving slow again.

Challenge: Toa Kapura vs. Pulse: Pulse is the winner!

And after all of that, Dr. Medic and Ghidora found themselves on the Sandy Stone Track. The cars were neck and neck until an evil RNG hurled an sandnado at My Uncle's car, choking and blinding the crazytoran and allowing the Fastmobile 9000 to carry the day. 

Challenge: Dr. Medic vs. Ghidora: Dr. Medic is the winner!

BEGIN ROUND 1 RACING HEAT

The following players may vote for the track in which the racing heat will take place on: 

Neo Shadow Vezon
Lewa the Soaring Champion
xccj
Nevermore
Pahrak #0579
Luroka
Lucina
Pulse
Dr. Medic

The following tracks are available: 

The Lava Cavern
The Rolling Ocean
The Jungle Bog
The Sandy Stone Track
The Underground
The Drifts
The Ancient City
Secret Track #2 (yet to be revealed)

You have 24 hours to vote. No vote switching allowed. Go!

Question: does having Cahdok along for the ride mean she can help me out in the arena portion of the Ancient City track?

Yes...although technically all of that is artistic license. I just had them fight in the arena because Skull Grinder destroyed both of their cars and I had to decide the race somehow. 

VOTES:

The Lava Cavern - 3

The Rolling Ocean
The Jungle Bog
The Sandy Stone Track
The Underground
The Drifts
The Ancient City
Secret Track #2 (yet to be revealed) - 3

W H Y

Last i checked, My Uncle's Car had a windshield... i think...

It does. Visibility would be impaired anyway. I have driven through a dust storm myself, so I would know. 

Hey, nothing wrong with picking the best odds.

except there are no odds because everyone put 6 points into fire.

Did we really

I need to go and check this because if so that's hilarious

e: nah you're wrong, xccj only has a 2 in fire

Edited by Lucina

fishers, you are late!

END OF ROUND 1 PART 2

It seemed that most beings agreed to find out the dangers of Secret Track #2. A few racers wanted the relative safety of the Lava Cavern, and I must admit that they had probably made the right decision. But the terrible persuasive powers of Lucina...or perhaps the lure of mystery...had tempted them once again.

And this track was living proof that the lure of mystery still works.

Immediately the racers found themselves in a dark cavern, suspended above the dark-shrouded depths below on a sheet of proto-glass. Trails of blue energy crackled over the track amidst the clatter of eerie gemstones rubbing on each other.

"Welcome, everyone, to the Paracosmos Cavern of Doom!"

A short ride in, the track divided into eight tracks, one for each racer. An RNG swung in from the side on an energy tendril behind them with an obligatory RNG evil laugh. It sounded roughly like the sound of a slot machine after it had stole all of your money.

The Erebus Embodiment hurried along its track, soon finding that the track turned from glass to an odd silver metal filled with glowing blue lines. It was in such a hurry that it never noticed the trapdoor it leaped upon, and it fell into a terrifying pool of silver fluid. Fortunately, Neo Shadow Vezon had the good sense to leap to safety.

A few minutes later, it emerged with a roar, jumping out of the pool with a great crack of its spinelike tail. The being had been changed - no longer was it the muscular form of the God of War - it was instead a terrifying white thing with a flexible spine and one hundred white flexible legs. It looked on the half-shadow-Skakdi with ugly poisonous fangs.

This was quite the bad day.

NeoShadow Vezon: Chronosearum: Transform: If this happens to a racer, they cannot race in the round after in order to adjust to their new vehicle. The racer themselves will be unaffected. 

Meanwhile, Lewa the Soaring Champion blazed off, only to go over a jump and land in a pool of the silver fluid.

He then found himself...back at the beginning of the race. He then saw Nevermore and Pahrak #0579 next to him. "Uh oh," he said.

Lewa the Soaring Champion: Chronoseurum: Sent back to the beginning
Nevermore: Chronoseurum: Sent back to the beginning
Pahrak #0579: Chronoseurum: Sent back to the beginning

xccj, meanwhile, eagerly set off, only to approach a freakish circlet of metal that was opening and closing rapidly in front of him. In the middle of his timed jump, the circlet closed, smashing the X car right behind the pilots' chair. Ouch.

xccj: Eyes: Smashed. 

Luroka and Lucina had been fortunate enough to pick two tracks not quite in the middle. The two raced past two RNGs that tossed them a pair of masks - both of which looked like something Tahu might wear.

Luroka: Kanohi Hau: This mask shields you from RNG attacks on Secret Tracks. 
Lucina: Kanohi Hau: This mask shields you from RNG attacks on Secret Tracks. 

But the worse nightmare of all awaited Pulse, who found his Segway falling into a Chronosearum pool. Instantly, he found himself in a hall filled with Luke Skywalker constraction models, all asking one insane question after another. He raced past a side hall filled with angry ostriches and past tons of grammar teachers mocking his terrible spelling. Frantic, he found himself going around in circles until he fell into the starting arena.

Still, in the back of his mind, he could not shake off the unfortunate thought that the place he had been to existed now, and that, terrifyingly, he was responsible.

Pulse: Chronosearum: Event: Creates an area from the subject's nightmares and loses them the race. If they return for Race #2, changes another track's outcomes. 

Dr. Medic blazed along in the Fastmobile 9000 until he saw the dreaded all-seeing eye approaching. Frantic, he tried to turn away only to shoot off the track and fall into the pit below.

Dr. Medic: Eyes: Smashed. 

And with that, only Luroka and Lucina were left to blaze on into the cavern of elements. While the two were neck and neck on the Fire section, Ice, Water, Jungle vines, and rocks slowed the Vroom Vroom down enough for Luroka to emerge in first place.

Makuta Luroka: Winner of Round 1. 

There are still 5 more rounds. He may yet be defeated. 

BEGIN ROUND 2 CHALLENGE MODE

If your name is not Neo Shadow Vezon, please post the member's name you would like to challenge below. You have 24 hours from the time on the top of this post. Go!

Edited by fishers64