What exclusive masks would you like to see in 2016?

Nescent

There were several exclusive Bionicle masks to collect in 2015 from polybags and special events:

-NYCC Transparent-Clear Mask of Fire

-Hero Pack Transparent-Fluorescent Reddish Orange Mask of Fire

-Villain Pack Gold Skull Grinder Mask

-SDCC Transparent-Lime Green Skull Scorpio Mask

-Inside Tour Transparent-Dark Blue Mask of Water

If there are similar exclusives to be had in 2016, what sort of special masks do you hope we get?

• Upvote 1

IetTsFQ.png

Hm... hadn't thought much about this.

There are a few parts I'd love to get, but a lot of those (like Silver creature heads blended with the transparent colors from the more expensive Toa, or one of the new blade pieces or crystal add-ons blended with purple) probably wouldn't be deemed special enough to merit a promotional release.

Gold masks or creature heads blended with silver could be pretty awesome, I suppose—part of why I wish we had more silver Creature heads is the realization of how cool gold and silver can look side-by-side. Umarak's mask could be released in some gold blend, considering it's the only new mask that doesn't appear in one. And if they want to go for nostalgia, they could do something like blending Tahu's mask with Trans. Bright Green to sort of evoke the poisoned Hau Nuva. Other than that I don't really have that many ideas.

Oh, one more non-mask thought—that polybag that features the Mask of Creation and a printed cape element is cool, but after seeing how perfect the textile element from the Rey buildable figure would be for Turaga robes, it'd be even cooler to get that with a unique Bionicle-themed print. Probably unlikely, but a man can dream.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'd like a black, melded with white Unity Mask of Water. Same thing with a Unity Mask of Jungle, also. :D

That sounds very cool, I'd like to see more blending into non-transparent colors.

Personally, a gold-blended-into-trans-purple Mask of Control could be cool. Like 2015 Onua's Corrupted Mask.

I'd also like a recolor of Umarak's mask, but I'm not sure what color. Certainly not gold, since his mask looks like a scarred face. Maybe dark red (like the spikes all over him) blended into black.

IetTsFQ.png

black/tr-red "overcharged" or "corrupt" MoCr for umarak to inevetably have on his face while he's brain-bending the animals, blended like tahu-nuva's poison mask? idk, sounds like it'd be neat. x:

(heck, gold and tr-red would work easily for the same effect...)

Edited by Rahkshi Lalonde

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

How about an infected mask? By infected, I'm talking like the G1 Infected Hau. Or as someone mentioned, a poisoned Hau, with trans-green? I'd also like to see a chrome mask of some sort. 

Something like the Infected Hau would be very difficult. From my recollection, the original was hand-painted, which would explain why they were so rare (and even then, I imagine producing them was grossly inefficient and would be similarly inefficient even for a limited-release promotional mask). You could possibly achieve a similar effect through co-injection, except that we've seen what the new masks look like co-injected since they don't even appear in solid colors, and the two-tone look they offer is far different from the mottled look of the Infected Hau. The only exception is Umarak's mask, since from review pictures it seems like the Trans. Bright Green is more evenly distributed across the edges of the mask, so it's possible that blending it with colors like black and brown would be able to come sort of close to the infected masks of yore.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Solid gold or solid lime green unity mask of stone would be great (surprise surprise)

Some exclusive version of Umarak's mask is pretty much obviously happening.

However, something really derivative would be alternate exclusive creature heads with different color combinations (such as having the element color in opaque, meaning Ketar's would be silver blended with mata brown, and so on).

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I'd like a black, melded with white Unity Mask of Water. Same thing with a Unity Mask of Jungle, also. :D

Black on the top and white on the bottom? Or vice-versa?

I'd be happy to buy or hunt down any blackwhite masks Lego produces, although I don't know why they would produce one - the audience for that seems awfully limited. :shrugs: 

The trans-Purple Mask of Control! Now that is a mask worthy

What we really need is a trans-purple eyestalk, and then we can MoC a Makuta, I think. 

Black on the top and white on the bottom? Or vice-versa?

I'd be happy to buy or hunt down any blackwhite masks Lego produces, although I don't know why they would produce one - the audience for that seems awfully limited. :shrugs:

The trans-Purple Mask of Control! Now that is a mask worthy

What we really need is a trans-purple eyestalk, and then we can MoC a Makuta, I think. 

Yeah, I don't think many people would go for them, as well. Transparent masks probably have a much bigger audience, which I guess could be proven by how many official masks have been co-injected lately. 

Also, a trans-purple eye-stalk would be nice, indeed.