Jump to content

Recommended Posts

GM IC: Barlow - The Iron Fist of Fe. 

 

Waiting a few minutes to make sure no one else was going to interrupt, Barlow began very carefully, very quietly sawing away at the leather straps that bound him to the seat. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

 

GM IC: The Flying Vorox Swarm - Plateau, The Wastes.

 

As Saffina drew close, however, she'd come to realise that her assumption had been incorrect; these Vorox had no riders. Indeed, with both wings and tails sprouting from their upper backs, it would've proven quite difficult to sit safely on their backs. 

 

The Vorox she'd attempted to scrambled out of the way, but the rest remained where they stood, blocking her path to the shipwreck. Not that said shipwreck would offer much in the way of a hiding place, anyway - after all, the Vorox had been the ones to shoot it down in the first place, and they'd had all day to explore and loot the wreck. 


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Porangi - Ascending

 

Deciding that whatever was down in the depths of the murky waters wasn't worth the hassle of swimming all the way down there, Porangi once more ascended, swimming back to the shore and getting in his vehicle, taking off into the sky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Armani - Very Patient

 

Still waiting on a decision from her companions, Armani glanced around. There was a lot of repair work to be done. She called to her two companions, "Let me know if you have decided you require my aid, pilots! Otherwise, I am going to assist in the cleanup efforts over here."

 

She moved to a nearby group of guards and joined them in clearing debris.

 

OOC: I assume there would be guards and such starting to clean up the area, right?


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Threiaa - Beastie Bits

She just stared at Ailun, a little exasperated, a little disgusted. Definitely disgruntled.

"You're a nasty little matoran, aren't you?" She said, "I moight smell like rot, but you've got rot stuck up in your gut. I'm gonna follow tha guard lady. Wait up for me if you still want a captain, or a cut."

She turned, more disappointed in Ailun than angry, and approached the guard.

 

IC: Tveke - Second Breath

"Thanks." I grunted.

I walked on over to the great windows of the bridge. The things these walls have seen...

Edited by Coconut Fella

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Armani - Helping

 

She glanced over two large lumps of rubble, one on each shoulder, to shoot a winning grin at Threiaa. "Hello again, pilot! I am sorry for upsetting your friend. Have you two reached a decision?"


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ailun - Beastie Bits

 

Ailun folded his arms and watched her walk off, determined to not move from this spot. Then, his foot started tapping, his fingers fidgeting, and Ailun groaned as he turned his back on her, though he couldn't bring himself to walk back to the Moa.

 

 

IC: Fifteen - Iron Fist

 

After her restless thoughts had finally settled and she had given up trying to find comfort strapped to a seat, Fifteen settled into a light doze for the trip home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ektana - The Wastes (Shipwreck)


 


Shocked that the creatures got out of her way, she continued to fly while keeping them at a relatively safe distance. Ektana looked down at the shipwreck, worried for her partner.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: I would firstly like to apologise for my lengthy absence. I recently had to move house, so I’ve been caught up in settling rent, cleaning fees, relocating my belongings, etc. Internet access is somewhat limited where I am right now, but I will endeavour to still be online daily to continue posting. Moving forward, however, I’m going to make a few changes.

 

First and foremost, I’ll be ditching the forced day-night cycle. While it was a decent idea, in theory, it’s proven to be far too limiting to players and plot progression. Henceforth, players will be able to decide for themselves what timezone their characters are interacting in, as is already customary in other games on the forum, such as Corpus Rahkshi and the BZPRPG. However, I would still ask that players be reasonable about this, and continue to respect travel time when moving between locations.

 

Secondly, I won’t be running any more loot-focused side quests like the Aqua Magna treasure hunt. They’re too long, and isolated, especially when 80% of the characters involved lapse into inactivity. Other random encounters will continue to progress as per usual.

 

The following is a series of generalised location posts concluding the last forced night. As mentioned above, from here on out, players can decide for themselves what time of day/night their characters are currently occupying, although certain GM-controlled events may still take place at specified times.

 

IC: A New Dawn

 

Tesara

 

As sun broke once more over the towering treetops of the Tesaran plateau, it revealed a city divided amongst itself. Plumes of smoke still drifted upwards from the blackened wreckage strewn across the marketplace, a scorched scar on the landscape that would likely persist for days, if not weeks, to come. Some parts of the market were still open this morning, although the traders from Fe had retreated home in the night, their treasured goods having gone unsold.

 

In the village centre, a mob had gathered outside the council chambers, demanding that the triumvirate step out to discuss the situation. But the doors remained closed, the council remained silent, and dozens of sleepless guards remained at their posts, trying in vain to keep the crowds under control.

 

For years now, Tesara had been a safe haven, neutral ground between the rivalries of the other settlements. But now, that was all gone, replaced with insecurity and uncertainty. For if one band of raiders were willing to so brazenly assault Tesara, it was only a matter of time before someone more powerful, and more organised, tried to do the same.

 

New Atero

 

Although the damage and the death toll was far lesser in New Atero, the mood was equally sombre. Airships and guards still worked tirelessly to remove the connected corpses of the Visorak Fusion from the fallen section of wall, while Hakkzan and his companions watched on from a safe distance. Varim had returned in the early hours of the morning, but seemed to take little interest in the current crisis. Instead, he dispatched a messenger to Tesara, and vanished into his office.

 

Very few beings had gotten any sleep during the night, the guards having gone door to door to forcibly recruit citizens into helping with the clean up. But even with all the extra hands, there was still much work to be done. The people of New Atero were used to the occasional attack by rogue mutants or starving rahi, but never before had damage of this scale been wrought.

 

The people of New Atero, just like their counterparts in Tesara, were gripped with anxiety. If a lone monster had been able to so effortlessly breach New Atero’s formidable border defences, and bring down the city wall itself, then what would happen when more monsters came? And how would those defences fare if or when war finally did arrive?

 

Fe

 

For most of those in Fe, sheltered as they were from the worries of the outside world, today was a day like any other. The populace set off for their respective workplaces, the machinery creaked into life, and the foundries resumed belching smoke into the air. Xaril and his passengers had returned just before dawn, minus the prisoner they’d acquired at Cliffside, who had apparently escaped his bonds and thrown himself out of one of the access hatches.

 

Almost the moment he’d returned, Xaril had headed straight for the council chambers, where he’d found the elders already discussing the bandit attack on Tesara. The Overseer, however, was conspicuously absent from the meeting, preoccupied as she was with her new ‘project’.

 

Cliffside

 

As with Fe, little had changed in Cliffside. Word of the bandit attack on Tesara had made its way there, although, interestingly, the bandits themselves had not. There was a lot of talk about carrying out similar coordinated attacks on the other settlements, but, for the time being, it was only talk.

 

Aqua Magna

 

As daylight began to filter down through the dank, fetid depths, it brought illumination to the small bubble of beauty in which Joe, Bloat, and their remaining companions were carrying out their mission. The daylight illuminated what looked to be a cave entrance at the base of one of the towers… perhaps this was the way forward?

 

The Arena

 

Come sunup, the strange lights that had shone like a beacon in the dark were abruptly snuffed out. The Arena looked as it always did, save for the unusual dais that had emerged the previous day.

 

The Wastes

 

Illumination slowly spread across the wasteland that lay between the settlements, spilling into canyons and crevasses, sending nocturnal predators scurrying into their caves, and luring lesser creatures out into the light.

 

At the shipwreck, Saffina and Ektana would see that their Vorox assailants numbered in the dozens, the thundering of their iridescent wings echoing across the landscape as they circled around the two unfortunate pirates.


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ailun - A New Dawn (New Atero)

 

Morning found Ailun in a rare conundrum. He knew where his loyalties (and more importantly, his payment) lay, but his pride wouldn't allow him to follow. He hardly noticed the sun's light hitting his mask, the sleepless citizens bustling around him. That is, until one tapped him on the shoulder. "Apologies Matoran, but you seem to be in my way."

 

Ailun turned to see a Turaga (a rare sight for any settlement, let alone doing such lowly work) who looked up at him with a friendly smile. Behind her lay most of a Visorak carcass gripped in her calloused hands. He blinked for a moment, not entirely sure why she was interrupting him, before giving a muttered apology and stepping half a bio to his left.

 

The Turaga laughed hoarsely and dropped the Visorak to step that half-bio toward him. "Widget for your thoughts, Matoran?"

"What?"

 

"You seem preoccupied. That, or you're just trying to avoid some honest work." She gestured to the wide assortment of beings around them.

 

Ailun took them in as if for the first time. "N-no, I just... I was..." Somehow her patient gaze just made him more and more flustered. He was already longing for the close, familiar corridors of The Moa, away from this strange Turaga and her probing questions. "Look, I gotta get going..."

 

"After your friend?"

 

"No! I'm going... she's not my friend, okay?" Either she'd been watching for a while, or that strange mask with its strange crest was some kind of Noble Suletu. The thought of her reading his mind didn't help matters. He resisted the urge to clamp his hands over the sides of his head to keep his thoughts inside. "Weren't you busy?"

 

"Were you?"

"Yes! ...No! I... well... just... go mind your own business, Turaga. I don't need your help!" And Ailun started stomping back to his ship.

 

"That's what they all say."

Ailun stopped and looked at her. "They who?"

 

"Those that need my help the most."

 

"If I let you say your bit, will you leave me alone? What is it, my Destiny lies where my Unity takes me or some slag like that?"

 

"You are very good at this, aren't you Matoran? Perhaps you should become a Turaga!" The Turaga laughed again, an uncomfortable sound like a hot, dry wind blowing through a canyon. "But no. I just wanted you to know the King's offering good money for those that kill the beasts. Maybe you should rethink the offer."

 

"What? That's it? No... Mata Nui, no Virtues, no Heartlights...?"

 

"Well what do you want me to say? Some 'slag' you younguns won't even listen to anyway?"

 

"I... I guess? Whatever, it doesn't matter." Ailun started walking off again.

 

"Your ship is that way, Matoran!" The Turaga called after him, pointing in the opposite direction.

 

Ailun waved her off and continued toward the palace, suddenly sure of what he had to do.

 

 

IC: Virse - New Atero

 

Virse sighed as she watched him go, then chuckled to herself again before hefting a Visorak leg over her shoulder and dragging the carcass off. Matoran were funny sometimes, but at least they were predictable.

 

 

IC: Fifteen - Fe Barracks

 

The sudden silence as the Iron Fist's engines cut out was quickly replaced by a soft gasp as Fifteen awoke. Her shift. She was going to be late!

 

The Fe-Matoran unbuckled herself and pulled away from Karanta's drooping head as carefully as she could manage before all but running to the ship's hold. Beneath the worry, something tugged at Fifteen's memory, something that felt wrong...

 

She hopped aboard the Iron Hawk and, with a last second nod to the crew, hit the thrusters and rocketed out of the hold into the hangar bay. The roar of her engine echoed around her until she burst out of the mountain into the dim light of an early morning. Right on time.

 

Fifteen was halfway through the starting procedures when she realized what had been bothering her. The prisoner. He was missing. He slipped out on her watch, and she had been sleeping!

 

She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself. Perhaps Xaril had simply taken him into custody. Very quietly. Yes. That had to be it.

 

But she couldn't be sure until she returned after her shift.

 

 

IC: Serka - Golden Being's Fortress (Aqua Magna)

 

Serka looked up as the first rays of a new day pierced the deep, and allowed herself a moment of bliss. Today was going to be a good day.

 

It didn't last long though. The moment she opened her eyes again, they fell on a sight illuminated as surely as a spotlight from the Great Beings. A cave, one that's dark mouth seemed to vanish into the fortress before them. She looked over to her companions to see if they saw it too.

 

 

IC: Garuda - Home (Tesara)

 

"Pssst! You awake?" Garuda whispered harshly into the dim that was only just beginning to catch the sun's glow. There was no use wasting good daylight in something like sleep. She had to figure out what to do with her new friend!

 

 

IC: Mirror - Home (Tesara)

 

Mirror awoke to a solid thumping on his door. He groggily pulled himself up while his visitor continued thumping and occasionally shouting "Mirror!" into the house. By the time Mirror got to the door, his head was throbbing and he wasn't feeling any more awake.

 

He opened the door to see a familiar guardsman anxiously waiting for him. "What are you still doing in bed? Come on!"

 

Mirror reached to the side of the door to pull out his sword. "What's going on?"

 

"Half the village is at the council hall! They're trying to break in to get someone to go after those pirates from last night!"

 

Mirror nodded and rushed after the guardsman toward the council hall.

 

 

OOC: Virse, Fifteen, and Mirror open to interaction.

Edited by Click

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Rorohiko - Homeward Bound

 

He barely felt the ship land, engrossed as he was in his work. He climbed unsteadily to his feet, walking out with his mask buried in his device, determinedly not looking in the direction of the cargo bay. He kept his head down and stepped off with a mumble of thanks to the guards and to Xaril.

 

He made sure he didn't look up, didn't see anything out of the ordinary. He was just going to head home and get back to work.

 

~

 

IC: Matilda - ???

 

It was a presence she knew, long ago

 

She remembered the voice

 

"Do you think it was me, or you?"

 

She knew it wasn't her

 

"Are you sure? We're both lost."

 

Sparks and fire exploded from a wound long closed and webbed over in ugly scar tissue

 

Maybe she wasn't so sure

 

~

 

IC: Matilda - Matilda's Residence, Tesara

 

This nightmare didn't startle her so much as it caused dread to creep over her as she came back to consciousness. She took a deep, shuddering breath, reaching for her medicine. She'd probably have to get more soon, by the feel of the bottle. She took the tablets and waited a few minutes before trying to sit up.

 

She was cold. Her blanket was tiny. Why? It took her a moment to remember: Garuda's new friend. She couldn't hear anything from Garuda's room, meaning she wasn't awake yet, which in turn meant Matilda didn't have to get up. She promptly flopped back down, curling up as best she could under the blanket. Morning could wait.


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Voyin - Waking up

 

Voyin still hadn't woken up yet, her weapons and makeshift armour rested against the wall.

 

It had been long since she had a good night's sleep.


 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Aukume (The Wastes)

 

Aukume had travelled around the known land of Bara Magna. The people had made many efforts to make new governments and cities to help support the new populations of all the species from the MU. Some made were strong and still stood tall; others on the other hand, began to crumble in the face of despair. When he had heard of an attack on Tesera while he stayed on the Cliffside, he went over to check it out. Staying his distance from the jungle city, he felt a strong surge of fear in the air around it. It was unsettling that such an attack on one city would cause the people to become so unstable.

 

After only several minutes of eyeing the city from a clifftop, the being went away. While he would venture in to see what he can to do to help, the matter of the situation would only fuel his power and make him the most powerful being in Tesera...or perhaps all of Bara Magna. He was one of the last of his kind. A race of beings that can use absorb any natural emotion which in turn makes them stronger. Sadly though, the vicious Makuta unleashed the Visorak horde onto their island, and only, Tobduck, and some other made it out alive. Many years have passed since then. Now Aukume lives the life of an outcast. Choosing not to be a part of the government bodies that surround this world.

 

As he made his way to The Cliffside to gather clues, something caught his eye. Two beings with their ships were engaging a troop of flying creatures. Aukume steered the Sand Shark towards the commotion. As he got closer, he could make out the look of the Vorox creature. They all had bat-like wings protruding from their backs right next to where the base of their tail is. Seeing the actions given by the pilots of the Rockoh and the Airship, Aukume could tell they had no idea how to take on these flying beasts. The Airships were not built for battle and due to their large size and mass, this situation was not in its favor.

 

Aukume accelerated his Sand Shark at full speed towards the swarm of Vorox. He fires an electro-rocket at the group of beasts surrounding the Airship. Hoping to draw their attention away from the vehicle so that it can get away. “Get out while you still can!” As he drew closer to the Vorox, he switched to his Pulse Bolt Generators and fired a volley at them.

 

OOC: It's been a while since I did this, so I hope I didn't write anything impossible.

Edited by A Forgotten Soul

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: The Flying Vorox Swarm - The Wastes. 

 

Under ordinary circumstances, the Vorox likely would've been able to hear the incoming aircraft and react accordingly. But between the rumble of aircraft engines and the thunderous beating of their own carapace-encased wings, there was no chance of that.

 

A half-dozen Vorox tumbled out of the sky, twitching and writhing from the agonising discharge of Aukume's electro-rocket. This did, of course, provide a pretty clear warning to the rest, who abandoned their pursuits of Ektana and Saffina and moved to engage the greater threat. Up until now, the Vorox had been employing non-lethal methods, but now - with six of their number lying dead or injured on the ground - they brought their full arsenal to bear. 

 

So, as the Sand Shark closed in, unleashing a crackling volley of pulse bolts on the swarm, the Vorox scattered, spreading out high and wide to avoid the incoming fire, and each other. A few of them were struck by the pulse bolts, but were caught by their comrades before they could fall. Similarly, more of the Vorox were moving to retrieve their fallen allies from the ground. As they moved, one of the airborne figures briefly stood out as different - a Glatorian, clad in sandy brown armour, being held aloft by two of the Vorox. 

 

Directly ahead of Aukume, two more Vorox had dropped below the path of the pulse bolts, and were firing up at the Sand Shark with their own weapons. If Aukume had any knowledge regarding the history of Bara Magna, he might recognise the launchers these Vorox held as Core War-era blasters, which fired spheres of metal with extreme force. The sophisticated weaponry, combined with the above-average intelligence that the creatures were demonstrating, suggested that these Vorox had come from Bota Magna... 


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ektana - The Wastes (Shipwreck)

 

Ektana glanced suspiciously at the unknown Jetrax approaching, but smiled a bit the moment it attacked the swarm. She flew The Machete behind the shipwreck and landed it there. All the Vorox seemed too busy to follow her.

 

Noticing a dent in one of many steel plates, she grabbed it and bent it harder, making it possible to enter the ship. Ektana stepped inside and started searching for Saffina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Garuda - Home (Tesara)

 

No response but quiet breathing. Guess that was a no. Garuda curled up in her bed again, squeezed her eyes shut, and tried to fall asleep too. The keyword was "tried." After rolling around and tossing her little nest of blankets across the floor, she sat up and kicked the blankets aside with an exaggerated sigh.

 

She looked over to her guest, hoping she didn't awaken her with her rustling, but at the same time hoping for it.

 

 

IC: Mirror - Tesara City Hall

 

The scene at the hall was every bit as terrible as his friend had described. Mirror actually heard it long before he reached the hall, and the shouts and cries of frustration only got louder as he drew nearer. At last, like a wave crashing over him, Mirror found himself hit by the full force of the noise and anger as he turned around a corner and into a massive crowd.

 

Mirror flashed his badge and tried to wade through, but the villagers blocked his way every step, some of them clawing up at him with pleading or even murderous eyes. Still he pushed through as best he could without hurting anyone, slowly making his way toward the doors and the weary guards outside.

 

 

IC: Ailun - New Atero

 

It was lucky he knew exactly where they were going, or Ailun would quickly have been lost in the early morning crowds. He pushed and shoved through, all the while looking for the distinctive magenta armor of his captain.

 

 

OOC: Mirror, Ailun, Fifteen, and Virse open to interaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Aukume (The Wastes)

 

As Aukume kept his eyes sharp by trying to watch all the actions of the Vorox, he noticed one of them to appear different. Like the alpha of the pack or their commanding officer. He pitched his Sand Shark towards the direction of the other more powerful looking Vorox. Upon doing so, he could hear the whizzing of air as one projectile sped in front from below while another one managed to the tip of the wing. Knowing he could only take care of one problem at a time, he had to make a decision of whether taking out the more tougher looking Vorox in hoping of draining morale, or attacking the other normal ones.

 

Choosing to take their moral down and gain an upper hand, Aukume fired his Pulse Bolt Generators in the direction of the Glatorian armored one. He gradually accelerated his speed the more closer he got to the Vorox who was being helped around by two others. While he maintained a steady fire of Pulse Bolts he kept his sights and vehicle steady at his target. The very second the target were to move away from the sights of his blasters, Aukume would turn the Sand Shark to its direction.


gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: The Flying Vorox Swarm - The Wastes.

 

In response to Aukume's tactics, the swarm did something entirely unexpected. Several of them began to move into the path of the incoming pulse bolts, doing their best to block and deflect the shots with their weapons and shields and armour and bodies. Three others flew in close, attempting to latch onto the cockpit of the Sand Shark and strike at Aukume with their swords. 

 

In hindsight, perhaps assaulting an entire swarm of 30-ish airborne warrior scorpions on his own hadn't been Aukume's best idea... 


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Threiaa - New Atero

"Yeah, I'm going with you. He's elected to stick a-" She stopped herself, while in the presence of a guard.

"Stay, ah. Staying. He's staying."

 

OOC: I want to add on that they are now near the tower, but I'm waiting for Zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: No excuses on my end. Just going to roll with it.

 

IC: Ektana - The Wastes (Shipwreck)

 

Ektana glanced suspiciously at the unknown Jetrax approaching, but smiled a bit the moment it attacked the swarm. She flew The Machete behind the shipwreck and landed it there. All the Vorox seemed too busy to follow her.

 

Noticing a dent in one of many steel plates, she grabbed it and bent it harder, making it possible to enter the ship. Ektana stepped inside and started searching for Saffina.

 

IC: Saffina - The Wastes (Shipwreck)

 

Only to suddenly find the twin blades of Nightmare pointed at her throat.

"What the Karz?! Don't sneak up on people like that!"

Lowering the weapon, but otherwise remaining on guard, the Vortixx stepped around the Skakdi in order to peer out of the newly created entrance.

"So much for attempting to bottleneck them," the pirate sighed, watching on as the battle progressed. "We're still alive, though, so I suppose that's something."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"How likely do you think it would be for our new "friend" to take out the entire swarm all by himself? Got to say, the odds don't exactly appear to be in his favor."

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Ektana - The Wastes (Shipwreck)

 

She glanced over the Vortixx' shoulder to get a better look. The winged creatures seemed to be desperately trying to block any attacks headed to the hive's center. Only now Ektana noticed the bigger 'mother' of the swarm.

"Well," She said slowly. "He has a good idea. Not sure about the execution tho."

 

"Maybe if most of the smaller ones decide to sacrifice themselves to block the fire, then the tables might turn."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GM IC: The Plot Thickens.

 

-Fe-

 

Unlike most of the other villages, Fe lacked a formal messenger system or public noticeboard. What it did have, however, was a mail delivery system. Basically a miniaturised version of chute that had once been technology prevalent in Metru Nui, the winding tendrils of protodermis pipe served to swiftly ferry messages from one section of the city to the other. Most residences in the city had a chute, but aside from businessmen and guards, the majority of Fe's citizens never received anything.  

 

Today was a different story.  

 

Within the course of only a few short hours, an identical message had been jettisoned into every single house in Fe:

 

The Elders seek capable warriors, pilots, and strategists to assemble in the Council hall.

New Atero has opened hostilities against us. It is time to execute our reprisal.

 

-Tesara-

 

In the city of trees, a call to arms of a different kind had been posted on their central noticeboard:

 

Yesterday was one of Tesara's darkest days. Not since the wretched robots laid waste to our planet has our village

endured such death and suffering. We must answer blood with blood. The pirates who did this must pay

for what they have done. They bombed our village, so we should do the same to them. Cliffside must burn!

 

No name or further instructions had been included, leaving many to wonder what kind of possibly-racist lunatic had scrawled it. Below it was another message, this one marked with the official seal of the Tesaran Council:

 

The Tesaran guard is seeking new recruits to bolster our numbers in the wake of yesterday's disaster. You will be provided with

formal training in due time, but for now, recruits will be required only to help with the cleanup in the market precinct. 

 

Consult the guard commander at the barracks if you're interested.

 

In one corner, half covered by the other missives, was another, much more cryptic note:

 

Mysterious lights spotted at the old Arena. Meet there at sundown to investigate.

 

-New Atero-

 

Only two new notes had been added to the noticeboard outside New Atero's central Tower. Both bore the official seal of the New Atero guard, but all similarities ended there. 

 

His Spikiness, the benevolent Lord Hakkzan, requests the aid of the citizenry in helping to repair the damage left in the wake of last

night's horrific attack. Anyone with experience in carpentry or construction is eagerly sought, although anyone willing to help is welcome.

For those who cannot help directly, donations of food and blankets for those whose homes were destroyed would be greatly appreciated.

 

Next to it hung the second message, scrawled in a much messier, barely legible hand:

 

Adventurers and expeditioners are sought to investigate the lights seen at the Arena last night.

Talk to the guards at The Tower if interested.

Ask to see Doctor K.

Edited by Nato The Traveler

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Saffina - The Wastes (Shipwreck)

 

"Hmmm... Fair point," she mused, her eyes briefly darting over towards the Takea and its cannons. "If only I had access to my Vorox Repellent."


Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

 

 

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Serka - Golden Being's Fortress (Aqua Magna)

 

Serka looked up as the first rays of a new day pierced the deep, and allowed herself a moment of bliss. Today was going to be a good day.

 

It didn't last long though. The moment she opened her eyes again, they fell on a sight illuminated as surely as a spotlight from the Great Beings. A cave, one that's dark mouth seemed to vanish into the fortress before them. She looked over to her companions to see if they saw it too.

 

GM IC: Joe and Bloat - Golden Being's Fortress. 

 

See it they did. "It's lookin' like someone wants us ta find this place."

 

Bloat didn't say anything. Instead, he pulled a small device off his belt, twisting a dial on its side as he did. It looked almost like a lantern, but inside it was a small lump of crystal. A lump of crystal that now flared up with a bright glow. A lightstone. 

 

When the Matoran Universe had shut down for good, the lightstones had lost their power source. But, while it was a complicated and expensive process to manage for anyone living outside of Fe, it was entirely possible to hook the crystals up to other power sources, and use them as portable lights, which seemed to have been exactly what Bloat had done here.

 

Holding the pseudo-flashlight aloft, Bloat swept its narrow beam towards the cave opening, revealing a set of winding stairs leading deeper into the subterranean bowels of the fortress. Stairs that looked like they'd been designed to accommodate a very large being. 

 

Bloat sighed, "Let's get this over with." With that, he began to descend, expecting the others to follow. 


___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Sorry about my repeated on-and-off presence! I've been very busy and tired.

 

IC: Armani - Near the Tower

 

"To stick a stay," Armani mused thoughtfully, smiling. "I've never heard that particular phrase before, pilot! But it's very charming."

 

She paused at the bulletin board as they passed, reading it thoughtfully. She was interested in the quest, and of course she wanted to assist her people, but her current task came first. She turned back to her companion.

 

~

 

IC: Rorohiko - Oh No

 

Buried in the depths of his home, Rorohiko was only dimly aware of the soft thunk of his mail chute. It took him a few minutes to realise he would have to look at it. He wandered over from his desk, absently scratching at his forearm, and picked it up, wondering what it could be. Did the Council want to know about his progress? Did someone have something for him to look at?

 

His eyes went wide.

 

His hands shook, violently enough that he almost tore the letter in half.

 

No.

 

No, no, no, no!

 

This was his fault, wasn't it? Did he start a war?! All to save one person, who was a criminal anyway?! His breath was short and laboured as he slammed the letter onto his desk, clutching his chest with his other hand. He didn't have a choice. He would have gotten free by himself, anyway. This wasn't his fault. Was it?


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Garuda - Boredom, Population: 1

 

After futilely trying to sleep for a few moments more, Garuda picked herself up and scampered over to Voyin, plopping down with her face almost touching her guest's, staring into her closed eyes as if that would wake her.

 

 

IC: Ailun - New Atero

 

As he reached the town square, Ailun thought he saw a familiar massive figure pause by the notice board in the center of town before continuing on. He hurried to catch up. Thankfully the crowds were thinner out here, away from the destruction.

 

 

IC: Serka - Golden Being's Fortress (Aqua Magna)

 

As she followed her hosts, Serka couldn't shake the thought that this was feeling too easy. Only a single monster had attacked, and it had been dealt with promptly, and now they were already on their way inside.

Edited by Click

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

--IC: Tolo: Tesara--

A ray of sunlight found its way to Tolo's closed eyes, disturbing her from her sleep.  She woke up, grumpy, and stretched.

Her first thought was, Where the heck am I?  And her second was, Oh, right.  I'm here.

Tolo had spent the entire night working on fixing TV's airship.  Surveying her work, she saw that she had done a pretty bang-up job, if she did say so herself.  Everything she had talked about doing in the tune-up was done.  She had even found the parts she needed for her ship as she was digging through the stuff in the surrounding yard.  All in all, a good night's work.

She decided to find TV and let him know that the job was done.  "TV?  Where you at?" she called.  "Your ship's done."

 

--IC: Morga: Capstone--

Last night had been unsuccessful.  Nobody had stopped by Morga's makeshift entertainer's booth all night.  She had gone to bed a tad disappointed, but not disheartened.  There was always tomorrow.

Tomorrow was here.

Morga returned to Capstone, set up shop in the same place she did last night, and waited patiently for any grumps in need of a smile.  This time, she had a sign out.

 

--IC: Hestala: Cliffside--

Hestala woke up under the thick, fluffy sheets of her bed.  She yawned and stretched sensuously, and got out of the Vista Baby and into the streets.

She had not found anyone in need of a dagger last night, probably because there were a lot of people that already had daggers.  She had, however, managed to pick the pockets of several unsuspecting strangers.  That had left her with an increase in funds measuring around 140 widgets.  Not the best sum, but still fairly substantial.

She ambled about the streets of Cliffside, flaunting both herself and the dagger she was willing to sell, while, ever vigilantly, keeping an eye out for pockets to pick.

 

--OOC:--

Well, here we are again.

Morga and Hestala are Open For Interaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Rest in peace, Skyrise. It was fun while it lasted, and I definitely should have been more active on here.

 

IC: Drukann - Cliffside

 

Stretching his aching muscles and wincing as the pain of his wounds hit him, Drukann woke up from his usual uncomfortable sleep in his vehicle. He got out of the ship and took a few steps, stretching his back and legs and arms while careful not to tear up his wounds from yesterday. What a day that had been. He wondered if he should pursue that three virtues abiding arena thing he'd found yesterday night... but decided he'd best leave it be. Plenty of other adventurers out there willing to figure out cryptic lights in old ruins. And he wasn't one of them.

 

Drukann came upon the highest up ledge at cliffside, overlooking the vast lowland below that defined this cliff upon which they resided, and while standing there he wondered what this desert wasteland was going to throw at him today.

 

 

IC: Eiyu - New Atero

 

Eiyu walked home after a long night trying to help with the cleanup after yesterday's chasm beast attack. Slumping into bed, Eiyu wondered what other terrors she'd have to face when she woke up again.

 

 

IC: Porangi - Cliffside

 

The mad zyglak leaped out of his vehicle, taking in his surroundings. Over in the distance stood the proud rectangular Capstone, a place he'd been thrown out of plenty of times for various reasons each time. He knew there was a slim chance he'd get even a few steps inside before the residents would attack him on sight, so he took a stroll toward the edge of the cliff instead... where an old 'acquaintance' caught his eye. 

 

Drukann turned around. That cursed zyglak. Porangi been responsible for plenty of his pain and suffering in the past. With a kind of anger flaring up behind his eyes, he fired his impact vision at Porangi, hoping to blow his head to bits.

 

But no such luck. The zyglak had quickly ducked under and away from the beam, swiftly dashing forward at the skakdi. Porangi drew his sword, Drukann quickly got his brass knuckles on his fists, and as their weapons clashed and fire spewed from Drukann's tools, the struggle brought the two of them dangerously close to the edge...

 

And in the end, sent them both over it.

Edited by Onaku

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: Well dang, I was so excited about this game when Nato proposed it, and I did my best to keep things going to no avail. The forums in general just aren't what they used to be. Rest in peace Skyrise, and hopefully something equally as clever will come in its place.

 

IC: Ailun - New Atero Streets

 

Up ahead, the figure he had noted before was approaching the tower. It was now or never. Ailun pushed as far as they could through the crowd, and just as he was about to lose sight of her he called out, "Captain!"

 

 

IC: Fifteen - Skies over Fe

 

Once she was aloft, it was easy to forget the worries that now seemed so small below her. She closed her eyes for a moment to listen to the wind rushing through her mask, enjoying the cool morning. Just for a moment though, she was on duty after all.

 

 

IC: Serka - Golden Being's Fortress (Aqua Magna)

 

Serka couldn't imagine anywhere she'd rather be than a dark corridor deep beneath the polluted and monster-infested ocean with some filthy tin cans... okay, she could imagine a lot of better ways this could go. But there was fortune just around the bend, she could feel it. 

 

 

IC: Garuda - Home (Tesara)

 

Garuda wasn't exactly known for her attention span, and it was rapidly dwindling. Sighing, Garuda hopped up and crawled down the ladder and slipped out the door into the cool morning air. The sun was just rising, and at least in this section of the city, all was quiet. Leaving no time to take it in, Garuda scampers off through the familiar streets to find something to captivate her attention.

 

 

IC: Virse - Beastie Bits

 

The clean up was moving cleanly now, the city ruled by generals and captains quickly falling into formations. Virse, as one of the few Turaga around, found herself in the center of the action, directing and even lifting when she could find the space.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: I've been off writing my thesis, so this is very sad news to come back to. :c

 

IC: Armani - Near Tower

 

Armani tapped her companion on the shoulder. "I believe your friend is trying to get your attention."

 

~

 

IC: Matilda - Home

 

Matilda was startled awake by the sound of little paws padding at speed down a ladder. She got to her door in time to see a tail disappear around the doorframe.

 

"GARUDA!" she shouted, even as she grabbed a jacket and pulled on her boots in her stumble out the door. "Get back here! You're in your pyjamas, for goodness' sake!"

 

Briefly, as she ran outside, she wondered if this was what being a parent was like. No, surely not. She was sure she didn't cause her own father this much trouble.


Memoirs of the Dead entry: The Unknown Turaga, a tale from the late Chronicler Kodan's journal.


Strakk's Best Friend, the story of a confusing yet somehow canon friendship.


Terrible Comics, a collection of comics that are terrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...