A Clockwork Night

Voltex

Furthermore, those who would say "well the water region gives us time to rest up" what have all of you been doing while imprisoned?

We've been... well, imprisoned. By undead Skull monsters and their zombie army. Beings who probably don't quite comprehend the finer points of comfort and care. Besides, the post said we're only doing slightly better than Taka and Voltex:

Luroka, Roman, TL, Unit, Hellyam, FF, Underscore, Trijhak, and Jed all appeared to be as healthy as they could be under the current circumstances – they were, at any rate, doing marginally better than both Taka Nuvia and Voltex.

Is it really such a good idea for us to travel directly from the Ancient City - a heavily-Skull-controlled region, to Makuta City - another heavily-Skull-controlled region, in our current state? We're exhausted, low of supplies and manpower, and Voltex's leg isn't likely to improve if we keep pushing him like this. Travelling to the Water Region might be our last opportunity in this game to rest up, regroup, rearm, and resupply in an area we know is relatively safe. 

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

...I think Vox is right, actually. There is no time for rest. Someone as important Ekimu most certainly isn't resting. The Skulls know he is important. The Skulls know the few survivors not with him are likely already trying to get to him. The Skulls have all the supplies, they have all the arms (some even have multiple!). Finding Ekimu might result in safety, but that safety is inevitably surrounded by a moat of death. 

The Skulls are already trying to find us. If we stop to rest, they will find us. The Water Region may give us comfort, but a moment of comfort is as good as death with all the Skulls about. 

I'm switching back to Option B, the Stone Region.

• Upvote 1

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

To those who are still undecided or debating on switching... Trust in those of us who survived the longest. Even if you doubt me, given my recent possible blunder, trust in Taka Nuvia. She is the only ONE who hasn't made a blunder. She obviously is doing something right in her decision making. Everyone else has failed, where she hasn't. The water region will bring death and nothing but death.

And don't forget that she is your savior. If she had decided to follow me in my foolishness, you'd all still be imprisoned, or likely dead. Trust in your savior.

Edited by Vox

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

EPISODE 06: The Last Request of Vox

Taka Nuvia slowly helped Voltex down to the ground, with a rock at the Mask Maker’s back to help him sit in an upright position – if a rather slumped one. The Mask Maker’s eyes were half-shut, and his breathing was slow.

Behind them, the rest of the team was arguing over which way to go. Double checking to at least make sure that Voltex wouldn’t fall over, Taka Nuvia turned back to the group.

“I’m thinking we should go to the Water Region,” Roman was saying. “All of this started in the Stone Region, didn’t it? I know we need to get there eventually, but… so soon after escaping the Ancient City? I’m not so sure. The Water Region might have supplies, or food, or shelter – and if not those, at least water. Ekimu is supposed to be there as well – maybe he can help us? He’s the only reason we’re on this quest.”

“Yeah, but Makani Kumo is there too,” Trijhak replied. “A Mask Maker and the leader of at least one region in one place? There’s no way the Skull Army doesn’t have them surrounded from all sides. Plus, we have no idea what condition the Ice Region is in – and I don’t know about you, but we’re already dealing with enough unknowns. Our goal is to grab the Mask of Control and get it to Ekimu – if we go to him now, without the Mask, we could spell his doom. The chances of failure are too high. So what if it might be safe? It might not be safe.”

“Is taking a little while to rest and recover in an area we know is comparatively safe such a bad idea?” Roman asked.

“I think we should go to the Water Region as well,” Hellyam said quietly.

Trijhak swore, rubbing at his temples. “How do we know it’s safe, Roman?!

“I said comparatively safe,” Roman snapped. “We know Ekimu is in the Water Region. We know he wants us to bring the mask to him once we get our hands on it. With that information in mind, we can assume that Ekimu is confident he can keep the mask secure there. The Water Region must be safer than the rest of the island!”

“Okay, okay, fine,” Trijhak replied, throwing up his arms. “Fine. Let’s go to the Water Region, then. I suppose we’ll just hope that the Skull Army can’t swim – can we all swim?!”

“I say Water as well,” Luroka said, shrugging. “I can swim just fine.”

“I want to go to the Water Region,” FF added, interrupting Taka Nuvia as she tried to speak. “I seriously doubt ten Protectors and a weakening Mask Maker can survive the Stone Region and the Skull Army on their own.”

“I also agree,” Jed said, nodding along. “The Water Region is our safest bet.”

Behind her, Voltex coughed weakly. She turned to him, frowning, as he spoke a single word in a hoarse whisper, shaking his head slowly: “Please….”

“We need to go to the Water Region,” TL said, sounding more confident than he looked. “I doubt Skull Warriors can swim.”

“Please,” Voltex whispered again, his eyes meeting hers, gleaming desperately.

She turned back to the group, forcing down her panic.

It’s okay, it’s fine, it’s just a group decision. No big deal. We’re only going to die and doom all of Okoto if we fail. It’s okay.

“I… I think we should continue on to the Stone Region,” she said. “The Stone Region has been our target this whole time. Now that we’re about to enter it, we’re just going to turn away?”

Before anyone could reply, Roman pointed behind her; she whirled around in time to see the shape of a familiar Protector stumbling towards them, clutching at his gut.

“Vox?” she asked.

Vox collapsed just as he stepped into view, pitching forward, and would have landed face-first in the dirt if Unit had not caught him. He grabbed at the other Protector’s arms weakly, trying to pull himself back up – the movement revealed a large, open wound in his stomach, blood still leaking out.

“…forge was a trap,” Vox told them, his own voice almost as hoarse as Voltex’s. “Skull Grinder… it’s coming. Had to… had to warn you.”

His eyes flickered around the group. “Why… why are you still here, though…?”

“The dark energies,” Underscore answered. “We need to stick together, or Voltex can’t protect us – we’ve mostly decided to go to the Water Region, apart from Taka over here.”

“Listen to her,” Vox gasped, clutching at his wound and wincing. “Every choice she’s made so far… it’s kept her alive. The mission… the mission is what’s important.”

“We need to rest,” Hellyam protested.

Vox shook his head. “No… no… no rest. Others… stayed to rest in Vakama City… all gone. Dead. Resting… there is none. Impossible. There’s only the mission… just the mission… please… listen to her….”

He slumped in Unit’s arms, his last breath fading away. The assembled Protectors remained still and silent for a long moment before Unit withdrew a knife and began hacking away at Vox’s neck, beheading the dead Protector with some difficulty before the dark energies surrounding them could summon him back as the enemy.

“Very well,” TL said. “I will change my vote, for Vox. Let’s go to the Stone Region.”

Taka Nuvia glanced over to Voltex.

The Mask Maker was smiling – weakly, barely, but it was still a smile.

Trijhak was nodding. “Right. If Vox and Taka think it’s the Stone Region we should go to, then I’m with them.”

Luroka met Taka Nuvia’s eyes, before his gaze turned to Voltex and he sighed. “Fine. I’ll switch my vote as well.”

“We’re still not in great shape, though,” Roman protested. “Voltex is literally on his last legs, and the rest of us aren’t much better -whether from days of marching across a Skull-infested Okoto or simply being prisoners. We’re exhausted, low on supplies and manpower, and Voltex isn’t likely to improve any time soon if we keep pushing him like this.”

“I think Vox was right,” Trijhak replied, shrugging uncertainly. “There is no time for rest. Someone as important Ekimu most certainly isn't resting. The Skulls know he is important. The Skulls know the few survivors not with him are likely already trying to get to him. They have all the supplies, they have all the arms. Finding Ekimu might result in safety, but that safety is inevitably surrounded by a moat of death. The Skull Grinder is already trying to find us. If we stop to rest, they will find us. The Water Region may give us comfort, but a moment of comfort is as good as death with all the Skulls about. “

“We need to complete our mission as soon as possible. It needs to be the Stone Region,” said Unit.

“Come on, Roman,” TL pleaded. “It has to be the Stone Region!”

“Vox told us to trust in Taka Nuvia, at least this once,” FF said quietly. “I say we honor his last request and go to Stone.”

Roman glanced around at the group – Underscore and Jed both nodded, and he sighed. “Fine.”

“Thank you,” Taka Nuvia told him, turning away to help Voltex to his feet before turning back to the group, supporting Voltex on her shoulder. “Lead the way.”

-

One hour later, when the Skull Grinder reached the corpse of Vox after having searched through the Ancient City, it was met by a set of Skull Warriors from the Water Region and flanked by several Undead Protectors who would have been very familiar to Voltex’s crew.

The trap had succeeded, if perhaps not in the manner that the Skull Grinder would have preferred.

While it was true that catching them en route to the Water Region would have ended the entire farce immediately, it could not be denied that there would be some amusement in what they would find in the Stone Region.

Without a single sound, the Skull Grinder retreated into the Ancient City, while the Skull Warriors and their Undead marched off into the Stone Region to continue hunting their prey.

-

The following members are still alive, and must decide on a path to take:

-Taka Nuvia, Luroka, Roman, TL, Unit, Hellyam, FF, Underscore, Trijhak, and Jed

-

OPTION A: Head directly to Makuta City once free of the dark energies. It will be extraordinarily dangerous, but accelerating the journey could give you more time to search for the Mask of Control.

OPTION B: Head to the lands of House Patrus once free of the dark energies. The journey will be less dangerous, and House Patrus is where Ekimu originally retreated after the Long Night began, but it could leave you with less time to search for the Mask of Control.

You may all split up once again.

• Upvote 5

WE'RE COMING

Well, our zombies are anyway.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

It seems that the option that gives us a chance to rest, ofter protection, safety is the path of failure.

I choose path A.

It is more dangerous but we will be moving constantly and it will give us more time finding the Mask.

I think I figured out the formula of the game.

Stop=die move=live.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Choosing Option A, too.

Ekimu has already been to the lands of House Patrus. It was safe then, it's not going to be safe now. If he rested there once already, the Skulls know that. They'll be waiting for us. 

Both options are dangerous, so if we have to go into danger... it should be the one bringing us closer to our goal. 

• Upvote 2

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Choosing Option A, too.

Ekimu has already been to the lands of House Patrus. It was safe then, it's not going to be safe now. If he rested there once already, the Skulls know that. They'll be waiting for us. 

Both options are dangerous, so if we have to go into danger... it should be the one bringing us closer to our goal. 

choice noted

Aww... Well at least I managed to do something useful. I'm content with that death.

Though I must ask Stark, was the lack of mentioning my fate in the prior scene purposeful, or merely a forgotten fact? I mean I somewhat assumed it was on purpose given you mentioned every other death or capture, even if there wasn't a character present to know of the deaths, such as with the vakama city incident.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Aww... Well at least I managed to do something useful. I'm content with that death.

Though I must ask Stark, was the lack of mentioning my fate in the prior scene purposeful, or merely a forgotten fact? I mean I somewhat assumed it was on purpose given you mentioned every other death or capture, even if there wasn't a character present to know of the deaths, such as with the vakama city incident.

Nah, it wasn't intentional or anything. Didn't even notice that I'd made you the exception to the rule until you pointed it out, and even then I still wasn't going to do anything about it until I decided to work the topic posts directly into the scene, and having your character show up and give some advice before perishing worked out well...

...seeing as you're the main reason these fools made it to the Stone Region. :P

• Upvote 5

Nah, it wasn't intentional or anything. Didn't even notice that I'd made you the exception to the rule until you pointed it out, and even then I still wasn't going to do anything about it until I decided to work the topic posts directly into the scene, and having your character show up and give some advice before perishing worked out well...

...seeing as you're the main reason these fools made it to the Stone Region. :P

I'm actually surprised by just how many i was able to convince, as in the topic it really didn't feel like that many. I was certain today when I woke up that I would see this topic, see that they went to the water region and died... But glad to see the little hiccup worked out.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Here we go again...

• Upvote 2

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Will Roman live to see another ray of sun, Will Pulse ever get that triple sundae he wanted? Find out next time on Clockwork Night V.

• Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Will Roman live to see another ray of sun

That would require me to survive the Long Night itself, not just this game. I don't like my chances. 

Nato is guaranteed to survive this round. If he chose correctly, he chose correctly; if he chose wrong, well, FF is protecting him.

Nato the ice protector/mask maker survives the long night but Roman the Jungle protector has a 50% shot of surviving. Edited by ToaTimeLord II

Nato is guaranteed to survive this round. If he chose correctly, he chose correctly; if he chose wrong, well, FF is protecting him.

Nato the ice protector/mask maker survives the long night but Roman the Jungle protector has a 50% shot of surviving.

No, Nato/Roman/whatever his name is, he's guaranteed to survive this round because of FF's protection.

Also scene delayed because reasons, as in I have none, not that I needed one.

Nato the ice protector/mask maker survives the long night but Roman the Jungle protector has a 50% shot of surviving.

No, Nato/Roman/whatever his name is, he's guaranteed to survive this round because of FF's protection.

Also scene delayed because reasons, as in I have none, not that I needed one.

Okay that makes more sense I guess.

Would you have Jungle Nato meet Ice Nato in the game? Since in season 1 Ice Nato was with Ekimu during the long night.

That sounds about right to me.