Soran's Comic Emporium

Soran

There is no battle because there was always was a winner. You can't beat the first, the original Red and Blue.

But I'm old, I'm retired. I just found a gray hair on my head today.

Comic Making is like a job. It wears on you, breaks you down slowly. Seven-eight years of it is enough for any one person.

Some comic makers like to do daily works. Others every few days and some every few weeks. Their primary goal as a comic maker is to entertain the viewer. Be with comedy or a story.

Oko strikes my mind because I realized they're The Oko. One of the first people I ever had as a guest star/ perma guest star when I started out.

So it's incredibly strange to see them again after all these years in a friend's topic. It's kind of funny how that works.

For a sub forum that is seemingly dying more every month it is nice to see small relics of the past in here.

lovewarconga2.png

New Comic!

s3_12_by_soarinskies-d8pxxq0.png

Are you sure?

Back to the story arc. I feel like Axilus over the course of the series has become less tolerable toward Akino.

@Axilus Prime: They're definitely pretty cringeworthy in either form. It seems everyone is in agreement with the puns.

@Toa Onaku: It was a pretty obvious outcome from all the puns you guys created. You're welcome.

@Terton: With the amount of times some of my characters have been shot, I'd say you're probably still alive. For now.

@lddkid: Yeah, he's probably the exception to that rule. I always just imagine him with his arms held stiffly to his side no matter what he's doing. Indeed, they appear to be over-- You son of a gun.

@Gavla: For the most part I find them pretty entertaining. Sometimes I like to throw in a random pun in conversation and see if people catch it. Well, it's red vs red… and blue vs blue… I guess it's just inevitable. 

@Terton: I wonder who'll win?

@Gavla: It starts out first with just one, then before you know it you're snow white. I can't imagine doing it for that long. I've made comics on and off for like 5-6 years I think, only recently releasing them. It's always nice to see the odd person come back every now and then. It's like a diamond in the rough. 

@Zyglak: Mal vs the world. I might make that as a non-canon story arc to the comics. Where he just kills everyone in some way, shape, or form. If France wants the moon so much they can have it I guess. They practically own it now that the flag has turned white. (Ouch)

Glad you guys enjoyed the comic,

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Oko strikes my mind because I realized they're The Oko. One of the first people I ever had as a guest star/ perma guest star when I started out.

So it's incredibly strange to see them again after all these years in a friend's topic. It's kind of funny how that works.

I'm glad you finally realized who I am. Hello Gavla :)

There is no battle because there was always was a winner. You can't beat the first, the original Red and Blue.

I do hope you're referring to me, because I'm pretty sure I've been here longer than you. And I published my comics before you did... dear lordy, this really is a battle between the two Red&Blues.

Anway, nice new comic, Soran. Quality material as always. Best of luck!

Edited by Toa Onaku

I do hope you're referring to me, because I'm pretty sure I've been here longer than you. And I published my comics before you did... dear lordy, this really is a battle between the two Red&Blues.

I wasn't actually. I didn't know you did comics before. Or I did and I've forgotten. (Nice choice of colors though.)

Terton will vouch for me that my memory has been degrading for some time now. I once forgot my state ID on a table right next to me in a hotel.

I should remember though. I've done this stuff long enough. But oh well, it doesn't matter.

Bickering and fighting among comic makers is pathetic. Far too much of that has happened.

I faintly remember the first days. While I started using BZP in 2008 I was actively viewing it since its creation. I was always an incredibly bored person.

Thankfully most of the old "memes" of the olden days are dead now.

Edited by Gavla

lovewarconga2.png

I wasn't actually. I didn't know you did comics before. Or I did and I've forgotten. (Nice choice of colors though.)

Terton will vouch for me that my memory has been degrading for some time now. I once forgot my state ID on a table right next to me in a hotel.

Can confirm, our minds are linked and we both suffer from this.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

I actually burst out laughing at this comic because of how perfect it is. The characterization was so spot-on (and similar to my new stance on that annoying person I mentioned) and I loved it. Great comic.

Also it was inevitable that the main Red and Blue guy would end up in a confrontation with another Red and Blue one.

(Cracks knuckles)

Edited by Axilus Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Also it was inevitable that the main Red and Blue guy would end up in a confrontation with another Red and Blue one.

(Cracks knuckles)

Ah yes, I was wondering when you would show up. Gavla, I think you'll find that you forgot someone. Someone important. Aka Axilus Prime, the OTHER Red and Blue guy on here.

I'm fully aware. Just because I don't post in other topics doesn't mean I'm not up to date on things.

Like I said, I'm a bored person.

Plus I have direct connections to Soran and we've been talking for some time now. So he's informed me plenty.

Am I the annoying one? Oh please let it be me.

In my retirement I've found great joy in making people angry both on websites and in games. It's become a specialty of mine. (Terton can confirm that too.)

I think Blade Titan said it best, I'm a literal stigma to all of you. I love it. I'm putting that on my résumé.

lovewarconga2.png

New Comic

s3_13_by_soarinskies-d8q1wm6.png

Foolproof

I figured I would add a twist.

I'm glad you finally realized who I am. Hello Gavla :)

It feels like I'm watching a soap opera. Thanks.

I should remember though. I've done this stuff long enough. But oh well, it doesn't matter.

Bickering and fighting among comic makers is pathetic. Far too much of that has happened.

I faintly remember the first days. While I started using BZP in 2008 I was actively viewing it since its creation. I was always an incredibly bored person.

Thankfully most of the old "memes" of the olden days are dead now.

My mind or memory specifically tends to go as of late as well.

At least there is always a bright side to things.

Can confirm, our minds are linked and we both suffer from this.

Wait who are you again?

Well then I sure am glad that we're not actually fighting, right? Right?

...Right?

No fighting, not allowed, mmm mm, no. I say this just 2 comics after one of the characters literally shot everyone. 

I actually burst out laughing at this comic because of how perfect it is. The characterization was so spot-on (and similar to my new stance on that annoying person I mentioned) and I loved it. Great comic.

(Cracks knuckles)

Glad I could get it right. 

"Axilus Joins the fight!"

(Cracks knuckles)

Ah yes, I was wondering when you would show up. Gavla, I think you'll find that you forgot someone. Someone important. Aka Axilus Prime, the OTHER Red and Blue guy on here.

This is just red vs blue now. 

I'm fully aware. Just because I don't post in other topics doesn't mean I'm not up to date on things.

Like I said, I'm a bored person.

Plus I have direct connections to Soran and we've been talking for some time now. So he's informed me plenty.

Am I the annoying one? Oh please let it be me.

In my retirement I've found great joy in making people angry both on websites and in games. It's become a specialty of mine. (Terton can confirm that too.)

I think Blade Titan said it best, I'm a literal stigma to all of you. I love it. I'm putting that on my résumé.

Indeed. Just put that as one of your skills. "Graphical Art experience… Storyboarding experience… Literally a stigma…"

~Soran

• Upvote 1
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

As the head writer of various animation projects now, yes. I like your thinking, Soran. I like it indeed.

I'll remember your wise words when I write my autobiography: Capitalism of The Comics Forum.

As for the comic: I just realized the basic plot of this arc has been done a ton of times. I've seen it on tv and such. Yet seeing it done with Bionickle designed monstrosities is nice.

lovewarconga2.png

(Cracks knuckles)

Wouldn't that actually mean all three of us are attempting to beat ourselves up?

On to the comic. First off, I have to say I love the effects in the third and fourth panel. The comic was funny too, as usual. I have a feeling Akino will just assume that Swimmy learned how to talk and think nothing suspicious of this new development.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

New Comic

s3_14_by_soarinskies-d8q6wks.png

Misunderstood Tanks

I came up with this joke while I made the other pacifist joke. Figured I'd include it in the arc. PS: Finding a pet store fish aisle background is almost impossible. Sorry if the characters blend too much with the background.

Hey, it's a green guy. With an Akaku. Odd. He looks so familiar.

MATA NUI, IT'S ME.

mlfw2669-Smiling_Twist.jpg

It is indeed you. And so is this one surprisingly.

As the head writer of various animation projects now, yes. I like your thinking, Soran. I like it indeed.

I'll remember your wise words when I write my autobiography: Capitalism of The Comics Forum.

As for the comic: I just realized the basic plot of this arc has been done a ton of times. I've seen it on tv and such. Yet seeing it done with Bionickle designed monstrosities is nice.

Thank you, remember them always.

Yep, it's a pretty simple story arc. It's got some interesting things that happen in it but nothing too different from other stories.

MATA NUI, IT'S ME.

-noonelikestwist-

How long until we start to see you everywhere in real life.

Soon...

MATA NUI, IT'S ME.

-noonelikestwist-

You just inspired this year's Halloween theme  :evilbiggrin: Prepare neighborhood!

Mata-nui preserve us...

After Kenny I should have expected this

Pretty much. Although Kenny isn't around anymore, it's still the same deal.

MATA NUI, IT'S ME.

-noonelikestwist- -It'sallaboutthatsweetiebelle-

img-3657636-1-soon-sweetie-belle.jpg

Just as suspected.

(Cracks knuckles)

Wouldn't that actually mean all three of us are attempting to beat ourselves up?

On to the comic. First off, I have to say I love the effects in the third and fourth panel. The comic was funny too, as usual. I have a feeling Akino will just assume that Swimmy learned how to talk and think nothing suspicious of this new development.

Are all red and blue people linked together? Hm...

Thanks, I'm quite proud of the effects. You're very knowledgable about the characters, sir. We'll see if you're correct.

That reflective glass in the fourth panel is awesome, what's the technique behind it?

Thanks. Basically the process went like this.

• I made the first pose with Soran holding the fish bag and walking out.
  • I then took the walking legs and put them on a 45º angled body so that it would look similar, but backwards.
  • Then I took the arms and put them in the appropriate places and lastly added the mask on another layer underneath it.
  • I merged the layers and then turned up the brightness of the reflection so that it would make sense with the already present reflection.
  • And lastly I cut out the pieces of the body that were on the metal parts of the door.

I repeated this same process for Axilus as well. It really was just creating a similar looking sprite that mirrors the first one, just at another angle.

Glad you guys liked the comic,

~Soran

Edited by Soran
  • Upvote 1

That reflective glass in the fourth panel is awesome, what's the technique behind it?

• I then took the walking legs and put them on a 45º angled body so that it would look similar, but backwards.
  • Then I took the arms and put them in the appropriate places and lastly added the mask on another layer underneath it.
  • I merged the layers and then turned up the brightness of the reflection so that it would make sense with the already present reflection.
  • And lastly I cut out the pieces of the body that were on the metal parts of the door.

Then he laminates it with the shiniest polish known to mankind.

Soran likes shiny surfaces. It's amazing that the sprites themselves aren't shiny

bBhcfWO.png

Soran likes shiny surfaces. It's amazing that the sprites themselves aren't shiny

I guess making twelve shaded sprites is impossible, even for Soran. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

New Comic

s3_15_by_soarinskies-d8qbor3.png

Shine on!

Never doubt my shiny making skills.

But I would like a glass box for him. Is a filter included?

That was funny. Now I wish I included it in the comic.

I do indeed like my shiny surfaces.

Don't worry, Soran, I can see the characters against the background just fine. And there's a pun that doesn't make my eyes bleed just reading it. Seriously, with the last few puns, I just

Naruto__Sasuke__s_Amaterasu_by_Ulti.jpg

Soran likes shiny surfaces. It's amazing that the sprites themselves aren't shiny.

They kind of are...

They absolutely are.

Please, why make twelve shaded sprites when I can make gradient shaded.

Fish tank line was beautiful.

Thanks.

What kind of fish did I get, anyway?

An aquatic one.

The Tripod Fish. Definetly The Tripod Fish.

Most likely.

~Soran

Wait. Akino has only one pose.

How have I never noticed this before. My life is a lie.

An aquatic one.

~Soran

@Quote#1: Hah, why thank you.

@Quote#2: Well that narrows it down immensely.

-Content removed-

Edited by Loganto the Le-Matoran

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

Also, pet store person, Ga-Matoran colors, not female, I think someone's in drag.

It's a comic series where there are pet stores located in some sort of city / town.

Lovely looking wooden doors and SMGs.

I seriously doubt the in canon rules of Matoran colors applies to this series.

Because last I checked no Toa or Matoran used a weapon that fired bullets.

Because if they did that whole Teridax business would of ended a lot sooner.

Also, I'm pretty sure saying someone is "in drag" isn't exactly a nice thing. That can be taken in a way that hurts others. So that's really not cool of you to say.

lovewarconga2.png

New Comic

s3_15_by_soarinskies-d8qbor3.png

Shine on!

Never doubt my shiny making skills.

~Soran

I did not expect you to take my post seriously.  :superfunny:

Now we need a Gradient Shaded Chimoru R spritesheet. Good luck with completing it. 

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

Also, I'm pretty sure saying someone is "in drag" isn't exactly a nice thing. That can be taken in a way that hurts others. So that's really not cool of you to say.

My apologies. To those who were offended by my comment, I am sorry. The post will have that part removed.

Thank you Gavla for pointing that out.

~UntitledModel_9.png.a8adc254dbd8da1586473030e7c7d30e.png~

New Comic

s3_16_by_soarinskies-d8qgl6z.png

Meanwhile at Hau*Mart...

Sadly this is actually based off of true events.

Wait. Akino has only one pose. You could gradient shade him and not have to reshade the other sprites.

I actually could do that. Although this season I wish to show Akino with more poses than just the standard one, just like in the above comic.

Wait. Akino has only one pose.

How have I never noticed this before. My life is a lie.

An aquatic one.

~Soran

@Quote#1: Hah, why thank you.

@Quote#2: Well that narrows it down immensely.

-Content removed-

I think he's the only character to use less than 10 poses in the series. Glad I could narrow it down.

Also, pet store person, Ga-Matoran colors, not female, I think someone's in drag.

It's a comic series where there are pet stores located in some sort of city / town.

Lovely looking wooden doors and SMGs.

I seriously doubt the in canon rules of Matoran colors applies to this series.

Because last I checked no Toa or Matoran used a weapon that fired bullets.

Because if they did that whole Teridax business would of ended a lot sooner.

This is correct. Normally I would try to have my characters be certain elements (like how Soran is a Fe-Matoran and Akino is a Ta-Matoran) but since most of the PGS don't follow this set up I just stopped caring. 

I did not expect you to take my post seriously.  :superfunny:

~Soran

Now we need a Gradient Shaded Chimoru R spritesheet. Good luck with completing it. 

Haha… No.

...Well this was the last thing I expected. Yet you actually pulled it off...

Was it because I am The Wind? Glad I could pull it off.

My apologies. To those who were offended by my comment, I am sorry. The post will have that part removed.

Thank you Gavla for pointing that out.

I'm Glad you could apologize. I don't think any serious harm was done, it's just best to be careful in these situations.

~Soran

I'm always happy to help, Loganto. And thank you for taking my words to heart and not lashing out. Sometimes it's risky when you try to tackle a situation online. I appreciate your politeness.

Also, comic. Yes. Comic.

Communism. I always knew you had a secret plot, Soran. I knew from the moment I saw your pixel eyes that you and I had the same goal in mind.

To get ourselves illegal in Russia.

If BZP becomes illegal over there, so be it.

Because that's Putin's digression. Fellow looks like he needs to putin effort to crack a smile.

But I really digress. We shouldn't hammer on the fellow, he'll grow sickle of it.

lovewarconga2.png