• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

Doctor Who. Official!

Doctor who Sci-fi Time travel

• Please log in to reply
1489 replies to this topic

#1481 Online Makuta Miras

Makuta Miras
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 468 posts

Posted Oct 25 2014 - 05:24 PM

CYYYYYBBBBBBBEEEEEERRRRRRMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNN! Looks like Lewa 2015 is on his way early. :P Anyway, In The Forest of the Night was another Listen. Building up to something big and spooky, but ultimately a bit disappointing. The return of the new-new Cybermen next episode does have me excited, though. I'm just wondering if they're Mondas Cybermen from the Cyber Legions, or just dead Cybermen which have been resurrected by Missy and co. to act as guards in the Nethersphere or something.

BIONICLE 2015 CONFIRMED!

I'm entering the Battle For The Gold Mask! Check out my entries at: 

http://www.bzpower.c...-of-fire-bftgm/ for the Lord of Fire,

http://www.bzpower.c...self-moc +time! for Makuta Miras,

http://www.bzpower.c...-the-destroyer/ for The Destroyer, and

http://www.bzpower.c...appiness-bftgm/ for the legendary GapSkakdi.

chimoru2015spinnie.gif

BZPRPG profiles: 

http://www.bzpower.c...pages/?p=726674

#1482 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,807 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 26 2014 - 03:21 AM

I liked Forest, although it did drag a lot. Unlike Listen, they did actually explain everything. I was very satisfied, and they had some really neat lines in there ("The forest is humanity's nightmare", "I want to see the things in front of me more clearly" and the like). That finale looks awesome though, yeah :D

CYBERMEN AND THEY'RE ACTUALLY GONNA CYBER ABOUT AND BE SCARY IM SO EXCITED :D

pomegranate-banner-sm.png                                                                                                                      .

#1483 Offline Lucina

Lucina
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Nobody suspects a thing

• 2,632 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2014 - 04:10 AM

i decided to give Series 8 a try after skipping a majority of Series 7 and was immediately greeted with a ridiculously inaccurate Tyrannosaurus almost as tall as Big Ben.

I have never been disappointed so quickly.

lucinabanner.png

#1484 Offline Smooth Jazz

Smooth Jazz
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 2,236 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2014 - 12:16 PM

i decided to give Series 8 a try after skipping a majority of Series 7 and was immediately greeted with a ridiculously inaccurate Tyrannosaurus almost as tall as Big Ben.

It's as if they thought the first episode wouldn't have been good enough without a totally superfluous dinosaur that added almost nothing to the story. (And this season doesn't get much better, IMO. There are a few good episodes, but if you disliked 7, I think you would have a hard time liking this one.)

Posted Image

SCM-541: The White Viper

Winner of BBCC 68!

(Formerly known as The Swimming Beard)

#1485 Offline Pomegranate

Pomegranate
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,807 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Oct 26 2014 - 12:40 PM

It's as if they thought the first episode wouldn't have been good enough without a totally superfluous dinosaur that added almost nothing to the story. (And this season doesn't get much better, IMO. There are a few good episodes, but if you disliked 7, I think you would have a hard time liking this one.)

I think Capaldi singlehandedly saves every episode; the season would be a lot weaker if he wasn't there.

pomegranate-banner-sm.png                                                                                                                      .

#1486 Online Gathered Friends

Gathered Friends
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,244 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2014 - 12:44 PM

The problem with In the Forest of the Night was that it was made into a TV episode. The writer of that episode wrote sequels to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang...

Who knows who the next head writer of Doctor Who will be? I just do not want Moffet to be a part of Doctor Who anymore.

He's been a writer or co-writer for 'Deep Breath', 'Into the Dalek', 'Listen', 'Time Heist' and 'The Caretaker' so far, and I must say that 'Deep Breath' and 'The Caretaker' are two of the most terrible episodes that I have ever witnessed.

Moffet has had his time. He invented two of the most iconic aliens of the new series (The Angels and The Silence), and some of the best episodes (Empty Child, Impossible Astronaut, Blink, Girl in the Fireplace). But he's done nothing to entertain me since the end of Series 7 Part 1. There was not a single good episode in the second part of Series 7, the 50th Anniversary was okay but scandalous who Davidson, C. Baker and McCoy weren't even asked to have any role whatsoever, and Matt Smith's exit in what I like to call 'the Loose End Christmas Special' was absolutely awful.

I love Doctor Who. My dad watched it as a child and he watched the Eccleston episodes with me. Amazing episodes! But now the good name of Doctor Who is being ruined by a careless, incompetent writer.

I can take one positive from Series 8 and that is Jamie Mathieson. His two episodes were a shining light in the swamp of Series 8. He is a good writer, let's hope we see more of him.

208188_06en_qrl2uxt9b2n7ggeunzku.jpg

'The Resistance'

An epic tale of Takanuva's journey through the dimensions

#1487 Offline Pulse Trijhak

Pulse Trijhak
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Pahrak-Kal Attacks!

• 2,651 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2014 - 01:31 PM

While I disagree, if you feel so strongly about it, here's the BBC Complaints site, then you can make your voice known to the BBC. 

(I still can't fathom how anyone could have liked the mess what was the Impossible Astronaut... or series 6 in general)

2001/2015

EVEN IF IT IS BIONICLE, IT IS A REBOOT. THERE WILL BE DIFFERENCES.

BUT IT IS STILL BIONICLE. THERE WILL BE SIMILARITIES.

___

COMPLEXITY ISN'T ALWAYS BETTER THAN SIMPLICITY.

#1488 Offline Seaborgium

Seaborgium
  • New Members
  • Inhabitant

• 18 posts

Posted Oct 26 2014 - 01:58 PM

I liked how in the trailer for next week, it showed the Cybermen marching down the steps of St Paul's Cathedral. A nice reference to the Invasion, my favorite Cybermen episode.

#1489 Online Gathered Friends

Gathered Friends
  • Members
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 1,244 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2014 - 03:36 PM

I'll most certainly use that link.

As for Impossible Astronaut, I enjoyed the Silence and the method that the Doctor used to defeat the Silence. It was lost in series build-up, I grant you, but it was better than many other episodes.

And yeah, Series 6 was a pile of rubbish, especially Let's Kill Hitler and the Peg Doll episodes <_<

208188_06en_qrl2uxt9b2n7ggeunzku.jpg

'The Resistance'

An epic tale of Takanuva's journey through the dimensions

#1490 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 316 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 26 2014 - 06:10 PM

I found series 6 quite enjoyable, Night Terrors notwithstanding. Series 7 less so, but things really picked back up for me with the 50th and series 8.

"Now what will come out of this? A new mask of power? Some tooth-claw creature? A Matoran marching band?" - Lewa, The Final Battle

"Nothing is more important than my egomania!" - Clara Oswald, Deep Breath

"I AM A FLAMING MOLTRES!" - James, The Fortune Hunters

3DS FC: 2681-0566-5359

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users