IC: Brando (Helicarrier)

"Well, now that we've all settled down..."

Brando took the Polar Express and fired a present at Natalie; she barely caught it, popping it open and finding an amethyst ring and two silver earrings, inlaid with sapphire. She looked up at him, about to ask where he had possibly got them, but the marksman shrugged innocently and looked away.

"I stole the stuff for them from the Queen Anne's Revenge," he admitted sheepishly. "Then I just had them brought to a jeweler and let him do his thing."

James was next: a long, thin box was launched into the hands of the super soldier, who caught the gift like a wide receiver and opened it to find an authentic blunderbuss, in perfect condition and begging to be fired.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Natalie was almost speechless, both at the exact rarity of the gift and that Brando had given her a historical artifact. The young agent tried the ring on. Surprise! Perfect fit. She realized she had been hovering slightly and dropped to the ground, landing next to Brando with a slight tap. "T-thanks. I left your present back downstairs so..." Natalie kissed the marksman full on.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Whoever controls Beast, when is he going to meet with the Russell's?

I'm kinda anxious to RP as Warren. o-o

IC:

Now that Rapture had been contained, and a power-dampener slapped onto her, Rapture paced about her cell upon the Helicarrier.

"Hello? I'm still a citizen of the United States of America! You know, right to phonecall, civil liberties, etc. etc?"

IC: James

For a moment, there was silence. Said silence was broken by a loud cackle of glee, as the supersoldier took the blunderbuss out of its box, and practiced aiming it. "Brando, this is awesome!"

"Hey, anyone seen that Knower kid...?" When several heads swiveled to stare at him in shock, he paused. "What? I was kidding! I'm not gonna shoot him."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC Knower"Sir, you blind?" I said in a sarcastic tone. "Anyways, now all that's done, what happened?" I started to walk off towards the medical facility. "How did she get in, what was she here for, where did she come from, etc." I looked back at my phone; Incinerator had hung up. "Oh well," I thought.

OOC: I guess he can go now

IC: Nano-bots

The cloud dodged most of the bolts, though one hit and vaporized a good amount of them. The bots then flew forward before landing on an innocent male student who they began to devour in seconds. Soon there was nothing left but a few dribbles of blood. The nano’s then turned towards Jared and flew at him.

IC: Feral, Wolverine Simulation (Danger Room, X-Manor, Basement)

Wolverine grunted and then smashed his forehead into John’s before delivering a spinning kick to his side which forced John onto the ground. “Weapon-X is gone we destroyed them,” John said as he deflected his father’s slashes with his own claws which created a shower of sparks as adamantium scraped against adamantium.

“Good,” Logan said as he then drove his knee into John’s ribs. John rolled away as Logan’s claws went down into the ground piercing it. He got to his feet before running forward and assaulting his father with a flurry of slashes, Logan deflected most of them allowing a few to get through as he received minor slashes across his sides and chest. He knocked both of John’s hands aside and drove his claws into both of John’s shoulders.

“Daken was there… I trusted him… then he betrayed me. He’s dead now.” John said as he ignored the blinding pain. He winces as his father twisted his claws making the pain more intense.

“Learn to block it out son, you must beat pain.” Logan nodded. He then lashed out with his claws, cutting into his father’s arms, his claws slicing all the way to his adamantium bones. Logan pulled out his own claws and jumped back as blood poured down from his arms. “I’m sorry about Daken, I failed him. I tried so hard… but I failed.” Logan said.

“You didn’t fail anything… Daken was evil.” John said rushing forward. “He nearly killed me.” He said as he slashed at Logan’s legs, only to have Wolverine block the slash and retaliate with a powerful slash all the way across John’s chest, cutting deep through his flesh and muscle.

“I met someone too,” John said as he wiped at the blood dripping down from his lips. “Her name is Liliana. I love her, and I proposed and she said yes.”

“I’m proud of you John.” Logan said and it looked like he had tears in his eyes. “You found what I never could.” He said. “Whatever you do son don’t end up like me… my life was filled with nothing but killing and loss.” He said stepping forward as scarlet rivulets ran down his claws.

“Hold onto what you’ve found and never let it go do you hear me?” Logan said. “Also never allow yourself to be distracted.” He said as he stabbed all six claws into John’s gut. He then tore them out and kicked him into the wall before slashing across his face.

John hit the wall hard pain blaring through him as blood dripped off of him from many places. He could feel some of his wounds healing, and watched as his father’s faded away. Logan placed his claws at John’s neck.

“You’re out of practice kid.”

IC: Beast (X-Manor)

Hank stepped outside the mansion from a side-door, heading towards the vehicles. He climbed into a large Jeep and then drove down the road, heading for the Russell’s address.

IC: Krystal - Institute, Westchester -
Krystal just nodded at Rebekah, unable to respond, fearing if she tried to speak she'd just end up choking on her words. After a few moments she felt calm enough to say something. "Thanks for saving me..." she said, finally speaking out, "...though I'm curious, how did you find me?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Rebekah

"Someone tipped me off. Sent me a text, that they'd intercepted the Enforcer message, told me to check in the woods. You were on the ground by the time I made it there."

She paused for a moment. "You used to be an Enforcer, didn't you?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Krystal's eyes darted to the wall, the question was a rather uncomfortable one. It wasn't the kind of thing she normally talked about, especially around other mutants. Though she'd never tried to hide it, Beast knew, and so did the Wakandan twins.

"Yeah..." she said admittedly. "...I was one of the best they had actually..."

"It makes sense." The former Weapon replied, in a voice that assigned neither praise nor blame. "You weren't held captive by Weapon X long. So the only other place you would have learned to fight with a style such as that was with the Enforcers."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: New character to get things moving for me again...

Name: Jesika Snow

Codename: None

Faction: X-Men

Power(S): She has the ability to absorb kinetic energy and convert it into physical strength. A side effect of this ability is near-invulnerability from physical harm, as she just absorbs the kinetic energy before it can damage her body. This only applies to kinetic energy, and other things can still harm her (such as heat and cold).

Appearance: Short, wild looking bright-red hair with a serious case of permanent bedhead, Jesika has large, electric blue eyes and button nose. She is slightly smaller than average, and a veil of freckles covers her face.

Weapons: None.

Skills: Talking. More talking. Talking really fast. Talking so fast that no one can understand her. Lighting things on fire and giving hugs. Hot wiring cars. She has a way with moving around unnoticed and appearing where you least expect her to be.

Personality: Loud, talkative, bubbly. She is more than a bit overbearing, and extremely hyperactive. She has trouble sitting still, and has to be moving at every second of the day. More than a bit of a trouble maker in the best of situations.

Weakness: Has absolutely no idea how to fight, and doesn't know her own strength. She isn't that naïve, but can still get into situations that probably aren't the best.

Bio: The earliest thing that Jesika remembers is the X-Mansion, it being her only home for her entire life. It's assumed that her parents died when she was young, so she pretty much grew up in the mansion. Jesika doesn't think about it too much, and prefers to think of everyone in the masnion as her family. While it was known that she had some type of ability, it was never quite shown. It was puzzling, to say they least. (However, this mystery was solved, after she fell out a tree, and having absorbed the kinetic energy from the fall, punched a hole in it.) It wasn't uncommon for her to get in trouble, and it was almost a regular thing as she got older. This ranged from sneaking into Beast's office and removing the wheels off the office chair, to other, more extreme things, such as switching the all salt with sugar in the cafeteria.

Edited by Gravity

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: I give my approval

"Every skill I have is thanks to them...well minus the mutant part." She said with a bitter laugh. "Until now I thought they presumed me dead, seems I was wrong. You must realize by now they won't rest till I'm either dead or captured. They'll send someone else."

Krystal knew well enough that West would never allow someone with the information and knowledge she had to be just left alone, she was a liability.

OOC: Approvified

"Then someone else will die." Rebekah replied simply, her expression darkening for a moment, before returning to its neutral state. "Whoever they send will either die, or run."

"Whether they like you personally or not, the people here tend to take offense to attacks on members of the Institute."

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Hate to be a bother, but uh, when will Jace notice the two strongers his house? It's getting a bit odd.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

"Yeah, it also means going out in the woods is something I can't do anymore." Krystal said with a tone of disappointment. That had been the one thing that kept her from going crazy inside the mansion, but now the risk was just too great.

"West will never rest until all mutants are under his thumb or dead. I don't think he's stupid enough to attack the mansion while it's under the President's protect, but if he finds a way...he'll do it. I can guarantee it."

Edited by Snelly

IC: Winter

"Well, considering humans have been running things for quite some time, and they've pretty much messed everything up, the brotherhood doesn't sound so bad." Winter sighed, thinking of how so many people could have helped her parents when they were being torn to shreds. "Humanity just isn't that great anymore." she thought, her anger rising.

IC: Fauna

Fauna transformed into a hummingbird and zipped out her door, down the stairs, and out the entrance. She then took on the form of a peregrine falcon and flew off towards the nearest pet store.

OOC: Son of a.

I knew I was forgetting someone. Apologies, Basilisk, Humva.

IC: Jace (Condo, NYC)

"Err..." Jace vocalized, half-leaning on his bed, flamberge still hanging loosely in his right hand as he watched the two new arrivals. "I don't know about you all, but where I come from, time and space don't suddenly get all liquid and then drop strangers from what appear to be totally different time periods into one's home."

As a vampire, Pulliam'd seen a lot of things, but this...well. It was a new one, to be sure.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"That reminds me!" Chris said suddenly, "I need to go get something!"

He darted out of the room, much to the confusion of both his siblings. He returned a mere minutes later, handing Christine a bundle of cloth.

"Here..." He breathed, taking a few deep breaths before speaking again. He had run all the way from the hiding spot in the lower levels and back, "I saw... I saw you looking at that shirt it while we were in town that one day. I thought you might like it..."

IC (Lucia)

Lucia started at the new voice, turning about as quickly as she could without tripping on her robe. She didn't understand this being, he dressed...oddly, spoke an odd langauge....and she had just been informed that Rome was no longer in existance. This left two options. She had gone insane. Or she had somehow....moved forwards. For understandable reasons, these options did not comfort her in the least. In fact, she looked quite panicked. "This....should be impossible. What could have...I....." She seemed to be speaking more to herself then anyone else.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: Ladies and gentlemen I'm happy to announce the return of Delta with this Jam Post. As for why it's purple, well in the words of the famous Grochi:'Cause Purple.
IC: Delta Squad (A Cafe Somewhere in the Middle East)
Having suffered from the disgusting mess that his uncle's cafe churned out in his childhood, Michael had assumed that no cafe could be as bad as his wayward family member's, but alas, he had assumed wrong. The food provided seemed to appear fine, at first glance, but the very instant he tasted it, he had promptly fell out of his chair and had begun churning at the mouth.
"Oh god this is disgusting bleh."
"..." Sayf turned, looking at Michael, before back at the others, seemingly nonchalant about his friend's problems.
"You know, Jayne, I don't think he's very well acquainted with the food in this region of the Middle East," the Arabic Enforcer said dryly.
"Oh, come now. It isn't that bad." Jayne, also known as Delta Three, commented taking a sip of his coffee. "No, I don't think he is, Sayf. Not at all."
"That, or maybe he has some bad memories from another cafe." Sayf turned to the man who still lay on the floor, foaming at the mouth, kicking at him slightly, "Michael, let your repressed memories out. We're friends here."
"Your tastebuds must be dead," grumbled Michael, slowly pulling himself to the feet. "Because it tastes disgusting. Right Kate?"
Katherine meanwhile had been keeping her mouth closed. She had no real issues to speak of, instead her eyes were constantly darting around the Cafe. Checking the entrances and exits while nonchalantly eating some of the spiciest food in the restaurant. To the surprise of the others, she displayed no real displeasure at what she was eating, or the spice it possessed.
However then she was dragged into the conversation and responded to Michael with a simple, "Negative." Before resuming her meal and her scan.
"See, Michael, everybody here thinks it tastes good. Or, at least, alright. So stop whining," A quiet sigh passed Jayne's lips, a nonverbal rolling of the eyes. "On more important matters, do we have any idea when our gear will be operational again?"
"When Michael can eat this food without gagging," Sayf said, grinning. "I'm afraid we're never getting it back."
Michael glared at his team-mates, returning to his chair. "I hate you all."
"We know you do," stated Sayf, "Now eat, because you ordered all of that yourself, so you eat it all yourself. Or you get to pay for all of us."
"Fine," Michael grumbled. "I'll eat this disgusting excuse for food."
Seconds later, he had fallen off his chair again.
"And they say us Germans lack a sense of humor," Jayne said dryly.
"Sayf that is a negative." All eyes turned, surprised to see Katherine talking on her own accord, "We may receive our equipment I merely can not guarantee what condition it may be in."
Then she was silent again, as the last member ran back from the counter, "GAH! How do you people handle all this spice, I had to order a heck load of more water." As always Rookie seemed to be filled with energy and cheerfulness, a massive smile adorning his face.
"Yo-" Jayne abruptly fell silent as the Rookie raced back to the table. "Lots of practice. This isn't my first trip to this region."
Sayf grinned, "I was raised on it, so. Also, water does nothing to help. I recommend goat's milk."
"It is merely food," Katherine stated, "I detect no signs that one can't consume it. There are no traces of poison."
"Katherine, remind me why you've been with Delta this long and haven't learned a sense of humor," asked Jayne.
"I think that was my fault," said Michael, getting off the floor once more.
"Milk huh? Thanks Sayf!" Rookie ran off, soon returning with a whole pitcher of milk. Of course his immune system wasn't exactly equipped for the less than fully purified Milk.
"Delta Three, I understand humor thus a sense does exist, I just fail to comprehend what purpose it may serve on the battlefield." Katherine stated in response to Jayne's query.
"We're not on the battlefield," Jayne reminded Katherine.
"Correction, we are still in hostile territory, do not forget Delta Three what our purpose was in coming here."
"It serves the purpose of forming camaraderie within the team, Katherine," pointed out Michael.
"Said purpose kicked our ***es so hard my ancestors felt it. Kind of hard to forget." Jayne said in response to Katherine.
"Swearing is unnecessary Delta Three, and Delta Seven camaraderie is more useful to be formed off the battlefield. It is rather distracting on it."
"You know, Katherine, my home village is friendly territory, despite what you think. We are, in fact, off the battlefield," stated the Arab.
"....... Katherine," Jayne began, "We have faced mutants the same size as our mechs. We've faced lage groups of mutants, we've faced a whole horde before."
"And none of them beat us that bad. I think swearing just might be justified."
Rookie on the other hand, currently had his own problem. Namely he had downed the entire pitcher and was now feeling quite nauseous, "Um, guys... I don't feel so good."
"I suggest using the restrooms Delta Nine, and Delta Three I still fail to see the practical application." Katherine responded to both points.
"Our mechs are obviously powered by friendship," said Michael cheerfully.
"Delta Two that is quite illogical, and false." Katherine responded as Rookie ran off to the rest rooms, where the sound of hurling could be heard.
"Michael, I told you to stop watching mecha anime. Especially the super robot ones." Jayne groaned.
"Actually, I've been watching Robotech - that's Real Robot."
"Then why are you discussing the power of friendship, which is a distinctly super robot concept?"
"... My Little Pony."
"..... I give up."
"...Do we just court martial him now, or what?" Sayf asked, giving Michael a sidelong glance. "Because that's got to be against some sort of regulation."
"The regulations don't mention anything about my tastes in cartoons."
"Correction," Once more Katherine spoke, this was probably the most she had ever spoken at any of their meals, "the regulations state that it is heavily frowned upon for soldiers to watch extremely violent and graphic cartoons for fear of the effects on the soldier."
"My Little Pony isn't graphic. At all. Neither is Robotech. Or Voltron."
"My Little Pony has the opposite effect of the extremely violent cartoons. It makes you want to go out and hug your enemies while prancing about." Sayf pointed out.
While the others continued their pointless chatter, and Rookie continued hurling, Katherine heard a blip on her phone. Headquarters was finally contacting them. Katherine, to say the least, was extremely pleased with this development.
Not bothering to excuse herself from the table, Katherine merely rose and made her way outside the cafe. Once outside she did a quick sweep to make sure no hostiles or eavesdroppers were around, before leaning against one of the exterior walls. It was time for Delta to receive their next mission.
Jayne sipped his coffee, as his eyes followed Katherine out of the building. She didn't get calls often, and usually they were from Headquarters.
"Well, it looks like the bosses want us," said Michael, leaning into his chair. "Or it could be that Kate got herself actual friends. Except the world hasn't ended yet."
"I think I should just go live amongst the Berbers..." Sayf muttered. "They make more sense."
It wasn't long before Katherine returned to the table. Her conversations, especially Military related, were generally short and to the point. She had never been one for embellishment or small talk.
The moment she reached the table the others went dead silent, no one was going to speak when Katherine had something serious to say. "Men, listen up, headquarters has called us back to the States, they're being overwhelmed and are calling back many of their foreign forces. From this point forward we will be addressing each other by our Military Designations. Is that clear?"
Not waiting for a response, Katherine continued, "Now, the plane sent to retrieve us will arrive tomorrow at 0400 hours at point B. ETA to the States is approximately 1400 hours. I want you all ready and at the Pick Up Zone at 0300 hours. Are we clear?" Again Katherine did not bother for a response.
"Your Mechs will remain here until they have been repaired and will then be shipped to the states at an unspecified time. As such one of you will need to assist in furthering Delta Nine's training in non-Mech combat. Are there any questions?" This time Katherine paused.
Another sigh, as Jayne finished his coffee. "0300? Just when I got used to a semi reasonable sleep cycle again. Oh well."
"I stay up that late," Michael stated plainly.
"Yep, definitely moving to live with the Berbers...Tuaregs specifically," Sayf proclaimed, unwillingly letting himself be dragged out by the others. "Because at least then I'll be allowed to sleep."
Dismissing the complaints Katherine continued, "If there's nothing else then I want one of you to retrieve and brief Delta Nine on the situation. I will see all of you at the Pick Up Zone at 0300, dismissed." And with that Katherine turned and left the building, it was time for Delta to get back in the game. The Mutants had no idea what was coming there way.
Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC [Wallace/NYC]

Abruptly realizing that there were other people in the room, Kenneth jumped back, quarterstaff in a defensive posture. "Who are you?" He demanded, but of course he spoke in ancient Gaelic. "What do you know of what happened?!"

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

"This would be so much simpler if they would just leave us alone." Rebekah commented out load after a pause, almost as if she'd forgotten that Krystal was there. "So few of us want to fight. Mutants, most of them are harmless. Without training, a significant portion of existing powers are harmless. My power, was harmless until-"

She abruptly cleared her throat, remembering that Krystal was in the room with her. "Sorry to hear about your walks. I bet someone could help you put together a Danger Room simulation, a random, constantly changing forest."

fK5oqYf.jpg

OOC: Hey Flex, Alec tampered with the Danger Room a little so that all the constructs of people and enemies it made were wearing Santa hats. Just so you know

IC: N'Dine and M'Kus had been a little disturbed not to find Krystal waiting in her room. They'd tried to track her down using scent and had been even more worried at the signs of blood. They'd followed that back to the mansion, and N'Dine was sniffing out which room the injured mutant had been taken to. That it hadn't been the med-bay was...unnerving

OOC: Rest of us allowed to join on this yet?

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC

The other teenager just laughed. She was shorter than Dallas by an inch or two, and wore a plain white shirt, blue jeans, and a jean jacket that looked like it had seen better days. Hands in her pockets, her dark blonde hair blowing to the side, she looked completely at ease, which was odd, considering she'd just walked out of a lightning bolt.

"That," Angela smirked. "Was even funnier the second time."

OOC: Yeah with Krystal in the mansion there isn't anything stopping ya from joining in.

"Yeah...I guess I could try that." Krystal didn't feel like it would be the same, but she supposed she should at least give it a chance. when she recovered from this anyway, right now the idea of even sitting up would have been a chore, and Rebekah probably would try to pin her down if she tried to move around.

"The Enforcers didn't start out as overzealous mutant hunters, at least not at first. They were only supposed to protect society from the dangerous and violent mutants, and unfortunately it's those kind of mutants that get the most publicity. When I joined, I wasn't all about hunting down every registered mutant, harmless or not, and either forcing them to surrender or just outright killing them, no I didn't enjoy that by any means." She said, thinking back. "While I could say I was more lenient than other Enforcers, I certainly never would kill unless it was to defend myself or my team, I still followed their procedures to the letter. I didn't always feel good about what I was doing, but I did it anyway. It was just a job to me..."

"Well, I guess it's all coming back to bite me now...karma's way of giving me what I deserve I suppose..."

IC:

"Yeah, yeah, yeahhhh, whatever, you get to watch me embarrass myself in the middle of a wheat forest twice as much as anyone else in the world," the Anglo-Californian grumbled. "Very cute. You see a car in our imminent future, or are we gonna be here a while?"

"This is Kansas. What do you think I see? I'll give you a hint: starts with 'n', ends with 'othing.'

The two were silent for a minute as Dallas sat crouched in the middle of the abandoned highway, looking down both ends of the straight stretch of asphalt for a vehicle. Finally, he sighed in disgust and pulled himself into a standing position, motioning for Angela to stay still for a second. His eyes closed, his hair fluttered slightly in the breeze, and suddenly everything in Dallas' little sphere of influence seemed to speed up and bounce around in on itself, as though he and everything around him were trapped inside a giant hamster ball. Soon - or maybe not soon; who knew how much time Dallas had made tick by? - a Ford Taurus was speeding down the highway, and the chronokinetic's open palm clenched into a fist and the car stopped.

The car's owner was extricated and left with a hundred bucks from Dallas' wallet as the Ultimate X-Man slipped into the driver's seat, honking the horn at Angela. As she stepped in, she took a sidelong glance at the owner, frozen in time on the road, and then at Dallas.

"You done this before?"

"Wouldn't you love to know."

IC: Jace (Condo, NYC)

That's...Latin. And...something else.

Who were these two, anyway?

"My name is Jace," he said in fluent Italian, trying to see if maybe the female could understand something he was saying. "Where are you from?"

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Lucia)

Lucia paused, she understood some of what he was saying but much of it went right over her head. She could guess what he saying from what she understood. Or at least she hoped so. Speaking slowly and making no sudden movements, she spoke her name. "Lucia. I am Lucia." Hopefully he would understand that....if not...she glanced at the other man then she would be utterly dependent on another for her information. That was never a good position to be in.

"Don't worry too much. It'll work out." It was strange, being the person doling out reassuring words for once. Especially when she didn't really believe what she was saying.

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Zhu Xuan - NBC HeadquartersThrough the cunning use of stealth tactics honed by hours of Metal Gear Solid gameplay, Zhu Xuan had somehow managed to make it into the NBC newsroom, and promptly decided to hijack the broadcast for a rather amusing reason."CAPTAIN AMERICA!" he shouted, his face present on television screens over the United States. "I CHALLENGE YOU TO A MANLY DUEL OF MANLINESS SOMEWHERE IN TEXAS!"Then he promptly flew through the roof.

IC: NPC Doc:

"Well, that crazy mutant snuck in. She was in here for a bit with the boy... And then your teammate found her. I think you might know the rest."

Aether himself was still asleep. The bottom half of his face had been bandaged up, as well as around his chest. Both were he'd been hit by the Pyrokinetic.

IC:

All at once, his eyes snapped open.

Whistling breeze cut a straight path through the open window of what was, at first glance, a small, one-room circular hut. It was mainly void of decoration; here and there, items he recognized as his own personal effects were placed on a desk, a bookshelf, but the hut was, for the most part, empty. Through the window, he could see sand, and the barest hints of jungle, but no landmark gave him any hint as to his location. He stood up, all at once, only to be forced to catch himself on the wall to prevent from completely falling. It was as though, for a second, his body had completely forgotten how to walk, or even sustain itself when he was in a vertical position.

First question. Where am I?

Second question. Why'd I get there?

He stepped out through the hut's one door and felt the sand cushion his bare feet as he trailed down the beach, away from the hut. He wasn't sure precisely what he was looking for, but something drove him forward anyway, made him seek out the reason he had come here. After a quarter of an hour of searching, though, the feeling began to gradually die, and at the forty minute mark he was about ready to give up when, from behind him:

"Are you enjoying your new lodgings?"

Spin, prepare for assault--

The man was in his forties, sitting in the beach chair calmly and sipping some sort of drink out of a coconut. The first wave of wrinkles lined his face, but other than that, he could pass for about five to eight years younger than he really was. He was tall and wiry, with a handsome face and short brown hair that was kept matted down at all times. His clothes were sophisticated and he looked overdressed for the beach; he wore a red button-up shirt with a dark grey tuxedo blazer overtop, and his leather shoes were clearly averse to long periods of time in the sand. Instantly, the man looked untrustworthy.

But he would still listen.

"Where...where am I?" he asked; his voice did not sound like his own, he noted with a pang of fear, but the man waved his fears aside.

"There is no cause for alarm, my friend," he explained calmly. "You're on an island in the Carribean; your voice is merely adapting to the vocal patterns of the region. As for the where, that's not important, not yet...the question is, do you remember who you are?"

His heart seemed to stop again, and for a second, his throat was as dry as the sand he currently stood on, before a name kicked back into his head.

"I'm...I'm Daken."

The man's smile, predatory, sharp like that of a panther about to end the hunt, widened.

"Good man."

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

"Is this another game of question-dodging?" the precognitive asked. "You know I'll win. I can hear your answers before you decide not to tell me."

The car raced down the empty road, throwing up thin dust in its wake. The speedometer crept slowly upwards, but neither teen seemed to care. Speed wasn't dangerous, not when you could a) see bad stuff coming, or b) instantly come to a halt. Speed was good.

Especially when said speed determined how quickly you would get out of Kansas.

OOCI'd like to point out that "My name is Jace" sounds absolutely nothing like its analog in Latin.

IC [Wallace/NYC]

Kenneth, meanwhile, couldn't understand a word being said. One thousand years and a different language usually made for something like that. "What is he babbling about?" He said, eyes raised. "I've heard drunken Normans make more sense than him."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

OOC: Yeah, I was more expecting the "Where are you from?" to be what caught on, myself. :P

IC:

Alright, let's have another go at this.

"Where are you from?" he attempted again. Maybe if he could at least find out where she'd come from, the possibility that he could find out what she was doing here could become a bit more likely...

IC:

Brando pulled away from Natalie after a couple seconds, a slight grin on his face.

"You know, walking to get the present would have been more workplace appropriate."

IC:

"You guys are so gloomyyyyyyy!" Brooklyn chirped sadly.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

"I hope so..." Krystal said with a sigh.

"You guys are so gloomyyyyyyy!" Brooklyn chirped sadly.

"I'm sorry...I don't mean to be....I-" Krystal's wolf ears perked up in alarm as the door was pounded on.

"hey, Krystal, open up!", everyone in the room heard through the door, "Do you need help?"

"I think someone's at the door...." Krystal said, even though it was obvious.

Edited by Snelly