Technic Coliseum

Pahrak Model ZX

If you still need a Class A character, I'll throw in Jaller. Seems nice for his first fight.

EDIT: I'm also proud to bring you NINJA'S FIGHTING TIPS WHICH PROBABLY AREN'T THAT GREAT BUT YOU COULD GIVE A CHANCE.

• Buy items and trainers that compliment your fighting style - I cannot stress this enough, don't buy items just because they seem strong. If you're going to toss in Widgets for an item, make it something that works with your style, something you think will really come in handy. Flying items fit with just about any strategy, but other things may require you to think about how you fight.
  • Use your powers to their fullest - If you go too far, Pahrak will tell you. Just try out unique ways to use your powers- I've won myself several matches with Furno by using his control over fire to heat up the ground. You should find ways to use your powers in the least predictable way- use things like control over water to dehydrate the area, manipulate the arena, go wild.
  • Have a lot of fun - This is really important. This is just a fun forum game, so don't get mad if you lose a match or don't have a lot of Widgets. If you lose, then it was still fun to make a strategy, and you can say you learned something from the match and congratulate the winner. Just have fun with the game, don't take things too seriously, and you'll have a great time here.

Edited by ninjamonkey3000

TLoMN_Po-Koro_Celebration.png

I'm compelled to post my own tips now, due to the recent posting of other tips.

• As has been said before, when you have lots of widgets, don't spend it all on items. Spend at least some of it on stats, which are a permanent addition to your fighter (unless you stop sponsoring them), unlike items, which can be sold so you may end up buying something that was never really worth it. When you do buy an item, make sure you'll use it. For example, if your fighter is a Roborider and your fighter has a very high agility and you think about purchasing the item 'Handling Patch', do you really need it?
  • In addition to the above, when thinking about buying an item, are there any items that your fighter is particularly weak against and that you are currently bad at countering? Think about what other items your fighter could buy that could counter it. For example, fighters with high minds get one of their biggest advantages stripped away when going up against a Toa with a Suletu. To counter it, you could buy a Staff of Molecular Disruption, which destroys 1 item in a battle. This was my very reasoning behind getting one.
  • Try to make up for any weaknesses your fighters have with your fighters' strengths. For example, your fighter might not have a high toughness, but if you have a high agility, instead of tanking the hits, try making them dodging them instead.
  • Flight is a huge advantage. Especially if your opponent is grounded. This alone allows you do so much more than you can on the ground in certain situations, though in underwater arenas (if there are any) flight is useless as all fighters can swim as far as I am aware.
  • Try not to focus on too many stats at once. For example, some fighters focus solely on one stat like Mind whereas others focus on stats like Agility and Toughness. However, try not to leave one stat behind too much, or it will me one of your glaring weaknesses.
  • When going up against a fighter, try to remember their inventory of items, whether it's none, one, or ten, and make a counter for each one. If you can't counter it, at least try to resist it. If you can't resist it even a little, try to interrupt it.
  • Variety is a very good thing. Keep that in mind. Don't make yourself too predictable. Many others said this, and I reiterate this too.
  • Try to fight other fighters of your class. If there are few fighters in your class (unlikely in Classes A and B, not so much for classes above), try fighting fighters at the lower end of the class above and at the higher end of the class below, depending on whether you're in the lower end of your current class or in the higher end of your current class. It does not have to be said that a Class F fighter is going to mop the floor with a Class A fighter... ten times over.
  • Use your element in creative ways, in unpredictable ways, in new ways. Experiment with it. If you're having trouble thinking of examples for your element, try finding an example of a creative use of it in the Bionicle story. For example, for fighters affiliated with the fire element, at one point in Journey's End, I believe when grabbed by the throat, Tahu used his power over fire to melt Nektann's armour.
  • And on the lines of elements... get the elemental reforge if your fighter does not have elemental powers by default. It is by far the most useful upgrade any fighter will ever get, allowing them to do so much more. It only costs a cheap 5,000W, too!

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

@Flare: How about you use Tahu instead, so that it's 2 Class C vs. 2 Class A?

Also, the teams should be Tahu&Pridak Vs. Breez&Jaller, so that we don't have two fire characters on the same team. That limits your options for inventive power-combining :P

..Dangnabit. Now I want to make tips.

Eh whateves, I'll just focus in on a little thing and go off on a ramble. :P

Zakaro talks about Upgrades!

Upgrades are usually a large step to take for your fighter, often the one item you want to get first, or close to first. Each one, although similar, has its own effects and risk factor. Let's begin with the Weapon Reforge.

Weapon Reforge:

This is the first thing you want to get if you begin sponsoring a new non-Toa fighter. This allows your fighter to use elemental abilities, which are like the best thing ever. Also, you can have their weapon change to anything you want. Onwards to the Level-Up Upgrades!

"Level-Up!" Upgrades

If you haven't figured it out already, the 'Level-Up!' Upgrades are the set of Upgrades that add +1 point to all stats, allow your fighter to gain an extra point with a trainer after a tournament, and give you an extra ability to boot. (A.K.A Energized Proto, Core Transfer, OS Update, Meteor Armor, Legacy Gateway, Illegal Refit, and Antidermis Infusion.) These Upgrades are best for those who think that they're going to stick around for sure, and keep this specific fighter. If that's the case, I'd recommend getting a 'Level-Up' Upgrade as soon as possible, or at the least before the fighter's first tournament. These Upgrades are like loans, in a way, but can prove to be quite profitable in the long-run. I'll give you an example. Each of these Upgrades is 30,000W. The +1 to all stats with the initial purchase is worth 12,000W. Subtract and what you're really paying is 18,000W for +1 point per tournament and an extra ability. If you had bought one before the first tournament, like I did with Breez, than with 4 tournaments that's another +4 free, with each point counting as -3,000. Therefore, currently it's like I paid 6,000W for an ability. After Tournament 8, however, I will have paid nothing, and am actually being rewarded for sticking with Breez and the Coliseum for so long, in a way.

TL;DR: "Level-Up!" Upgrades are like loans, buy if you plan to stick with the fighter and Coliseum.

Hordika Venom:

Straight forward and simple. +1 point to all trainers you buy from now on, but you can't train in Mind. Again, quite like a loan. I feel this is best to get right after you've amped up your fighters Mind to a level that can be acceptable for the next few Classes, and then grab this and go wild with Strength, Toughness, and Agility. If you plan to eventually get Keetongu's Cure, get working because it'll take 17 separate uses to break slightly over even. If you don't, after 10 uses you're making profit.

Inika Charge: Only use this if you plan to be going BIG. Otherwise, just not worth it.

Shadow Leech: Use if you like the character, but dislike their element. It's quite cheep so it really won't be an issue.

Effect Removal: (Keetongu's Cure, Klakk's Scream) When you're done being Shadowy or a Hordika, get this.

Thank you,

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

aw heck ya know what... being the first fighter on here (was the actual first person to sponsor a fighter) i might as well give out some tips. i mean ya don't getta be the fighter with the hightest stat total for nothin.. so be expectin them later today when i can get ahold of my laptop.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Oh Canis, just look what you've started. :P

Considering that the opening post is already over 4,000 words, I'm curious how many new players will actually take the time to read all these tips. Considering that the same main points keep coming up, is there a way we could compile everything into one list?

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

One week from today, Tournament 5 will begin! Don’t forget to register your fighter!

I agree with Keizah—it would probably be best to put all the tips in one post. I’ll get on that as soon as I can.

Gali vs Granite: Since they have equal mind, Gali won’t be able to send the bolts back at Granite, but she should be able to make them dissipate. Once Granite activates his Staff of Sleep, he’ll be able to get in a decent chunk of damage that should give him a significant lead for the rest of the match. Granite wins 10,000 W.

Gali's my only option, so I guess I'll enter her.

Gali: Hissss....

Electro: Whew, finally some downtime.

Well, no point having all these spare widgets laying around during a tournament: I'll buy Gali three +2s in toughness, which should be just enough to stay in Class C. If I miscalculated and this purchase will put Gali in Class D, please cancel the transaction.

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Hmm wonder if i should get Kopaka in on this tournament. So yeah will be entering kopaka. *laughs evilly*

Ok now for My tips

Tip

1. Distance, Distance, Distance!!! My first tip is that if your fighter is the type who has high mind stat and low strength Such as my von nebula or kopaka when he began rely on distance. Try to create a strategy around keeping a distance from your opponent. You will notice that kopaka tends to rely on his ice daggers, This is because they allow him to keep a distance from his opponent and yet still deliver heavy damage. Use attacks that do not depend on you being upclose and personal with your opponent
  2. Tip 2 goes hand in hand with Tip 1. If you have a fighter who relies on the above tactic use items that supplement that. My most favorite example is using The skakdi spine (any will work but i like the impact vision version) and Axonn's axe. These two allow you to fire energy that relies on the mind stat, which supplements the above tactic well. Many times i have used those two together along with Kopaka's ice daggers to deliver a three attack combo from a distance. That means you deliver 3 times the mind stat energy at once. Plus if you fighter does tend to have some strength Axonn's axe allows you to throw the weapon and have it return to you, And as an added bonus you can coat the blade in energy allowing a mix of mind and strength stat damage...Even better. So remember items that supplement distance
  3. For tip number 3 i will be veering a bit. Think of strategies that will increase a stat without at item. By this i mean using your powers. For example i used to use a tactic of coating the ground of the arena with ice then using Kopaka's ability to slide on said ice, I would have him slide to increase his agility for you can move faster skating than you would running. Along similar lines i would also use momentum to try and increase strength.
  4. For tip 4 well not quite sure for tip 4. I guess this one would be that if you do have a character that becomes a nuva remember that your fighter loses the ability to use alot of kanohi. I know i had hoped to buy the kanohi kadin item only to discover that if i bought it it would not serve any purpose for Toa nuva can not use non-nuva masks. So i guess the summary of this tip is do not waste widgets
  5. My last and final tip is by far the most important. Never give up. Even if you challenge a fighter that is so high above you remember that there is always a chance you could win. Never be discouraged. If anything buy the Rahkshi staff of silence and use this only when fighting a fighter who is so above you. eliminating a fighters element does offer quite a huge advantage and can sway a fight to you side.

So those are my tips. They may not be much but i use them and i found them quite successful So good luck and may makuta protect you,

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I'd like to use my remaining 20,000 W to buy...

Axonn's Axe (9,000 W) and a Rahkshi Staff of Poison (7,000 W) and equip both to Helryx Nuva. That should leave me with 6,000 W left.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.