Best Bionicle Year (Storyline-wise)

So, Slifer here again, I'm curious as to what ya'll's favorite year was for Bionicle, story-wise.

If this is a duplicate thread, my dearest apologies.

Anyways, my vote is going to be either 2008 or 2006. 2006 had a deeeeeeep indulgement into the past. We knew so little after 2005, and 2006 really floods your head with information, granted you read all five books.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

My favorite year would probably be 2004 or 2006. Not only was 2004 the year I started collecting Bionicle, but the story was great. I didn't like the movie, as many would agree(no offense to those out there that enjoyed it, it's just my opinion), but the books were great(currently working through them right now), and the sets were great(obviously). It was just a really great year.2006 was great as well. The first real event after the tales of Metru Nui, and it gave some of our favorite Matoran the honor of the status Toa. The Piraka were great villians, the titan sets for that year were awesome, and...yeah. Those were the best in my opinion.

metroid.gif

"Why can't I dream that I'm alone?" "That is not a dream, that is a substitute for reality"

"So where is my dream?" "it is a continuation of reality"

"But where is my reality?" "It is at the end of your dream"

I like 2001, though I was very young at the time, I read all the books. Mata Nui was the BEST island in the Bionicle storyline ever. I also like 2006-07, as the Bohrok War Matoran heroes rose as Toa to save Mata Nui's life, and the year I was introduced to Bionicle. 2008 wasn't so bad, because the classic heroes return to wake Mata Nui, challenged by not one, but 8 Makuta. 2009 was interesting, focusing on stuff inside and outside the Matoran Universe. That's pretty much, actually, like half of the years. If I had to pick the top one for me, then 2001 takes it.

I'd probably have to go with the 2006 storyline. That was the year that introduced the Piraka, which were some of my favorite villains, into the story. It also had Axonn, one of the coolest characters in Bionicle IMO.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

Either 2007 or 2008.

Edited by wolf66849

Toa Wolf

_________________________________________________________________________________________________
Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back, it never WOULD have come back.
-- Greg Farshtey

Learn this phrase. Love it. Hold it dear. Bring it back. If you know what this means, and/or agree with me, copy this into your sig. _________________________________________________________________________________________________

I agree with Takua the Protector, I really think that Mata-Nui was the best Island.

It's funny how un-developed the story was at the time, but going back it all makes sense.

"Mata-Nui descended from the heavens, carrying we, the matoran..." He was a giant robot in space from the beginning.

Anyways, I hold 2001-2003 dear bc it's when i started collecting, but the shallow-ness annoyed me. 2006 took place over, what, 100,00 years if you count Legacy of Evil?

About 2007, it was just like 2006 with less background IMO. But i like how the last book of 07 overlapped with the first book of 2008. Vamprah and Matoro passing eachother. Was cool.

Edited by slifer3000

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

The first year of Bionicle. The idea of robots having adventures out in the jungle of all places intrigued me. I loved how at the time it was all a simple quest to find these masks of power and fight evil creatures. Though I think it's a tie with the final year of Bionicle. The whole Glatorian story was fun, and seeing how much the Bionicle universe had expanded over the decade was fascinating.

Hero Factory RPG 2.0 PCs:
| Erik Jet | Daren Wolfe | Henry Flint | Helen Corona | Ethan RezDr. Xaal |

Wasteland RPG PCs:
|
Mina |

No other years ever really managed to capture the epicness of 2001 and its two sequel years.

Second is 2006 - I loved the dark setting, and the insanely overpowered baddies.

YES. That's exactly what I feel like. 01-03 were great because of how much went down, but 2006 was great as to how the Piraka whooped everyone.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

I always liked 2007. It was really different from the other years, and the most interesting (in my opinion).

"The challenge of being a Makuta is choosing which powers to use to destroy your enemies. It gets boring using the same ones all the time. Variety is the spice of destruction, after all." - Makuta Antroz

I liked 2006 and 2007 because I was sorta bored of past tales from 2004-2005. In 2006 the Matoran from earlier years came back and saved the Toa Nuva! They encountered a mission that risked the life of Mata Nui and they fought many villans with the help of a matoran ressisatance, they also learned how to control thier new Toa and mask powers. In 2007 the Toa Inika became Toa Mahri, were they became a more strategic team IMO. The Toa went up against everyone and completed their mission in about 24 hours.

About saving the Toa Nuva,.. how the f did the Piraka crush the most powerful Toa on the planet, but get beat by six noobies?

See this topic. The conclusion seemed to be that the Toa Inika had more battle experience as Matoran, were more cautious, and had help from organic masks and the Voya Nui Matoran.