BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

So, although there's no chance of the new Bionicle story affecting the BZPRPG, might we be seeing an Okoto-based version running alongside the current BZPRPG in the future?

I can almost definitively say 'no'. There will only ever be one BZPRPG. There's only ever been one, barring when two games were folded together a very, very long time ago. The reason there's only one is because of the sheer scope of it; almost a dozen topics, several dozen players, and thousands of posts. The community couldn't support a second, nor would it survive.

There may very well be RPGs based upon Otoko that go through the Judge process. I daresay it's even a certainty. They will not, however, be a part of the BZPRPG.

• Upvote 1

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Well, folks, you might recall a while back that I mentioned I was working on something for the Ta-Koro Guard. This is it.

With a great degree of satisfaction, let me introduce Ta-Koro’s Rapid Reactionary Forces. Obviously, the first thing you’re probably wondering is “What are the Rapid Reactionary Forces?” Well, the in-game explanation can be found here. To give you an out of game summary, however…

The RRF is Jaller’s answer to all the things that have happened lately. It’s a new branch of the Guard, designed specifically to react quickly and effectively to high level threats. Threats like the Piraka, and all of these new villains hopped up on Vault loot. While the Ta-Koro Guard overall maintains a high standard of competence and excellence, these guys are the best the Guard has to offer.

The RRF is supposed to operate mostly without the need for direct instruction; they have the tools and the resources to react to threats within minutes, and the members of the group hold a fair amount of sway within the Guard by virtue of their position. Which of course, leads me to what you’re probably going to wonder next; “How can I join?”

Well, it isn’t as simple as making a character, or talking to an NPC. As much as this group is a way to have an in-game set of tough NPCs, it’s also my way to reward people for writing good Guards. When the group starts, there are a few that I have invited to be a part of it at the start. Anyone else who wants to get in will have to talk to me, and then things will be handled in-game. And while I don’t really enjoy doing it, I do reserve the right to tell you “no”. This is meant to be a reward, and the people that get to have a character within the group have to earn it. However, a no doesn’t mean it always will be a no; have a Guard? Use them more. Write them to the best of your ability, make an effort to use them. Don’t have one? You can make one, and do the same. Just because you haven’t earned it yet doesn’t mean you won’t.

This isn’t something I’m doing as staff; I’ve been working on this a while. But, if you do manage to earn it, I promise it’ll be worth it. :)

Edited by Ninth Krayzikk
  • Upvote 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

I know this is a little late, but just logged on and wish to give my views on this.

I think Tuck has talked about something similar to your question before.  I think his statement boiled down to the difference between "could" and "can."  Sure, a toa could have the ability to do so, since creating highly specific poisons and other plants is pretty common tactics for bo-toa like Syvra.  However, the character in question would have needed prior experience with these Entropy Beetles to do so now with any real effect.  I think that also falls into the concept of meta-gaming.

I am very unsure if the 'could' part was meant in such a way that you disprove of that or not. 

However if I were to use a bo-toa's ability to create plant-based poisons to target the entropy beetles, I would play on the fact that entropy beetles did technically exist prior to their current form. Afterall Zaktan created the current entropy beetles from egg sacks and antidermis. So if a bo-toa had poisoned the previous version of beetle, they could base a poison off of that one. It would be trial and error but it has the potential to work if rped properly. Heck I can even think of back story that could be used to explain the previous knowledge.

However on the topic of poisons, I would like to just state that before I attempt to have syvra make a poison, I try and do some research so as to not just pull it out of thin air. Admittingly the most recent poison I had syvra use, the one for Demos, I did just pull out of thin air for rp purposes, since it was to further rp without the intent of actually damaging another character. However looking back the properties of it could be explained away easily. 

But of course this is just my views, I'm sure there's plenty of poisons floating around the bzprpg that have no basis in reality and are merely created to further rp.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

As far as making a regular guard goes; do I need to do anything fancy IC to join?

Nope. If you make one, it's as simple as saying that they're a Guard (within the bounds of common sense, of course). If an existing character wants to join, someone just needs to let me know so I can handle the NPC conversation.

fK5oqYf.jpg

Ace McTaMatoran is a dashing young guard who has quickly risen through the ranks, accompanied by his entourage of handsome pretty boys who may or may not be secretly clones of the other member of the Ta-Koronan Kolhii team whose name is not Joske Nimil. Skilled in all forms of combat, and a gentleman in every way, Ace McTaMatoran is the pinnacle of guardom; the guard that all other guards strive to become. Recently, his competence has lead to rumours that he may soon be recruited into the elite force known simply as the RRF!

• Upvote 3

No. Just no. Please stop...

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

As far as making a regular guard goes; do I need to do anything fancy IC to join?

Nope. If you make one, it's as simple as saying that they're a Guard (within the bounds of common sense, of course). If an existing character wants to join, someone just needs to let me know so I can handle the NPC conversation.

Oh fun memories of that. Which reminds me I need to get Kidona active as a guard. Was kind of hesitant since right after she was accepted the piraka decided to blow up the lava pool and just been general chaos afterwards

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

So I'll just assume that Okoto becoming a separate location once we get enough info (sort of like Kentoku) is entirely out of the question then. Oh well.

Still, it would be pretty cool if PC's could eventually be able to travel between islands.

Edited by timageness411

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

I dunno. Maybe someday far in the future the bossman will get bored and call the council of GMs to meeting and say: "Hey, let's add this random island!"

Which is somewhat unlikely. But who knows?

Me.

We've got plans quite a ways into the future.

Okoto isn't currently on the table.

• Upvote 5

fK5oqYf.jpg

They haven't even finished clearing the rubble yet.

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

I dunno. Maybe someday far in the future the bossman will get bored and call the council of GMs to meeting and say: "Hey, let's add this random island!"

Which is somewhat unlikely. But who knows?

Me.

We've got plans quite a ways into the future.

Okoto isn't currently on the table.

How far do you plan anyway man?

Ah... Try Dorian's house? Plenty of grog there.

• Upvote 2