BZPRPG News and Discussion

Nuju Metru

I'm feeling the waters for a potential island wide infection. If you're interested in more detail, pm me.

EDIT:

ISHI POLZIN: CHAPTER 2 has begun to roll out into the forums. Buckle up. Po-Wahi is about to get seriously hammered with plot.

I want to thank the three people who participated in these jams that made everything possible! Bulik (Nichou), you were a real blast to work with over the past month in breathing life into our characters and making them seem normal in a strange world. Gear Director (Korru), the action sequences were super exciting for me and I look forward to more interaction in the future! Iron Chancellor (Akiri Hewkii), your RPing skills are as sharp as ever. As a first time roleplaying with you, it was a real pleasure.

Part ONE

Part TWO

Part THREE

Part FOUR

Part FIVE

Part SIX

Part SEVEN

Edited by Kughii

Has Snark gone after me yet? I can't find my last post in Ko.

You know,You could always ask me directly. :P My team is en route, as of their last post in Ta. There's a few players involved, so movement is a bit slower. They'll arrive veeeeeeeeeeery soon, though.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I have recieved your pointed complaints and find the valid. I am sorry for the trouble I've caused everyone. Please consider everything I have posted null and void until this whole mess I caused is resolved I'm the next 48 hours. Thank you.

Edited by Kughii

Has Snark gone after me yet? I can't find my last post in Ko.

You know,You could always ask me directly. :P My team is en route, as of their last post in Ta. There's a few players involved, so movement is a bit slower. They'll arrive veeeeeeeeeeery soon, though.

Players?

Oh my, it's worse than I first thought. Well, my blaze of glory approaches.

Morally unambiguous.

Greetings from Brickfair 2013!

Rest assured I am alive and kicking, and in fact have been working with Nuju lately on some of the projects that will be coming up later this year. Not sure if I'll get any actual posting done while here, the off-the-screen work with Adrian and Aaron have been tremendous, and only after one day even. In any case I will soon pick up the story of not only Joske but the intrepid explorers in Ta-Koro. Grokk has been more than useful :P

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

For attendees opening ceremonies starts Thursday night. It's only open to the public Saturday and Sunday...

I think I grabbed some ibuprofen and earmuffs somewhere.

:P

Edited by Friar Tuck

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

I can't believe it. Friar Tuck of all people is off-topic. And on-topic, the Ta-Koro search party moved to Ko-Wahi.

I can't believe it. A smug, condescending remark from a person known to be smug and condescending when he has no right or reason to be.

on topic, hai josh. we missed you.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Uh... no. FT was answering a question by a player, not saying something off-topic. Perfectly legit.

To give this post some on-topicness so as to not be a hypocrite, I just want to say that the brilliant jam with Kughii that was released over 7 parts today was extremely fun to write (And read, for the parts I didn't participate in). We've spent over half our summer working on this, and it feels great to finally get it posted.

Also, hi Tuck! Good to have you back!

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

I can't believe it. Friar Tuck of all people is off-topic. And on-topic, the Ta-Koro search party moved to Ko-Wahi.

I can't believe it. A smug, condescending remark from a person known to be smug and condescending when he has no right or reason to be.

on topic, hai josh. we missed you.

-Tyler

Yet you are doing the same thing. And one on one conversations are supposed to be PMs but anyways I was joking. If everyone takes everything so seriously and hypocritically here maybe I should just leave.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

...Well, that escalated quickly.So, does anyone thinking sending a Maru, one of the most badbutt former Makuta followers, Whenua's reformed assassin, and one of the old Team Joske members to catch one terrorist is a bit overkill? :P

I don't. There is no overkill. There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload".

Edited by The Snark Knight

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

I'm surprised somebody able to use a computer has such little ability to recognize sarcasm.

Oops, wait.

Well, anybody who wants me to make a post wherever, message me / skype me. I'm barely cognizant of what happens in most of this RPG at this time.Also, welcome back, Tuck. For the third or fourth, maybe fifth time now. :P

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

There is no overkill. There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload".

I don't reload. When I'm out of bullets, I switch to fists.

Future terrorists be warned.

In other news, I'm looking for people with spies, mercenaries, grunts, doctors, guards, salespeople, barkeeps, thugs, musicians or homeless characters. In other words, if you have a character whom you'd like to have a (small) place in one of my plots, then please let me know! I'd love to have you. No restrictions on occupation or moral alignment; I'm looking for anyone who has a character with a spare moment.

I am sorry to everyone (so no this is not a one on one conversation) about getting so mad about this but clearly I didn't make it clear that I was about 98% joking in my original post. In my second post, I made my point but could have been much gentler with it. Again I am sorry to everyone.

So to avoid being any more hypocritical than I already have been, Does anyone know when the voyage should reach Xa?

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Hello everyone. Given the fact of how many responses I got to the issues in Ishi Polzin's latest post/jam, I wanted to make a post here to highlight was has been altered and why.

First up, Mango brought to my attention the Horseman Shipping Co. in Onu-Koro. Silly me, I had no knowledge of the company when writing my post and used the Polzin Shipping Co. instead. However, as Mango mentioned, it does make much more sense for Onu-Koro to use a local shipping company and provide ussalry guards from special ops. He had great suggestions, and I really loved what he offered as a solution. As such, here is the altered portion:

Kyhra didn't stay on the boulder. It may have been lights out for the mole, but the agent walked around the camped caravans, his pace sure despite the minimal light from the new moon. An odd feeling had begun to set in; his head tinkled as if somewhere was watching from behind his back. Despite his uneasiness, he had to be sure of Onu-Koro's work in the deserts. With stealth, Kyhra peeled back covers on cargo, memorizing contents or searching for the item's origin. Steel filled most of the carts. Long, black bars of steel. What were the Onu-Koro Engineers creating? Kyhra frowned. This hadn’t been in the plans. Each cart bore the logo of Horseman Shipping next to the chassis. A bittersweet smile.

Next, there was a point where NEX was mentioned in a way that would leave players assuming the organization had actually been hired. Of course, I had not contacted any NEX operatives. Instead, during the next post I was going to reveal how that had been a framing, nothing more than a convenient way to improve the look of "Ishi's" lies. However, given the next piece of political intrigue, I decided to simply remove that portion entirely. NEX is no longer mentioned.

"An, now we're gonna disappear," The skakdi said with a dismal expression. With the push of a button, the tiles exploded outwards, fracturing from the bomb placed below.

Finally, we reach the information given by "Ishi" to Akiri Hewkii. To make a long story very, very short: the information contained in the iStone is worthless. The informant forged a set of realistic looking numbers on inventory and trade, but they have nothing to do with actual current movements of cargo. This is now clarified in an OOC comment at the end of the jam between "Ishi" and Akiri Hewkii.

ALSO, please notice the following. The information Hewkii now has is useless. "Ishi" gave the Akiri nothing more an an iStone with forged figures, essentially using the fake as a buy-in to get a job. There is NO critical inter-koro trade information on the data pad.

I believe that clears everything up. If there is still anything lingering, I apologize. Please PM me immediately so I can take care of it. Thanks!

OH, and EW: I loved how you paraphrased me paraphrasing Newton. It was most endearing, and got the message across quite well. :)

EDIT: On a somewhat related note, seeing Kapura's postings above and the player-base response.

Players, why are we treating each other with such disdain and lack of compassion? When someone says they are considering leaving (see Kapura above), don't give them a rude remark to help them leave. Show some compassion as to the root of why they're suggesting terminating their character plots. What made them so angry or depressed that they would simply throw in the towel? The way I was generally treated yesterday (besides Mango, he was really civil all throughout), was shocking. I understand what I did made many people angry, but to receive such scathing remarks was inexcusable. As members of a community we are supposed to be able to make mistakes and grow together, not get thrown to the lions for something that honestly takes five minutes to fix when I get to typing. I am tired of being cursed at and treated with malcontent by players who make mistakes just as well as I do. We are all learning here. If I am not to be treated as an equal, I do not wish to participate. I find this arc is especially taxing, as the player-versus-player concept (although awesome in thought) is making everyone suspicious and volatile off-game to players who have characters "with the enemy." Is this really how we want to be? I know my life has enough stress with not being able to walk well, or work. I have to make ends meet. Life kicks in, and suddenly I realize this is just a game. Why are we treating each other so horribly over a game? Please take a moment to consider this. Thank you very much.

In the future, if I make a mistake and am treated as I was yesterday, I will leave.

Edited by Kughii

I agree with Kughii - he makes a very good point. Though this arc does emphasize player-vs-player conflict, we should all do our best best to remain friendly and polite, even off-forum.Lesson one of RPG's: there is a difference between IC and OOC.Play nice, everyone. :)

Yet you are doing the same thing. And one on one conversations are supposed to be PMs but anyways I was joking. If everyone takes everything so seriously and hypocritically here maybe I should just leave.

Players, why are we treating each other with such disdain and lack of compassion? When someone says they are considering leaving (see Kapura above), don't give them a rude remark to help them leave. Show some compassion as to the root of why they're suggesting terminating their character plots. What made them so angry or depressed that they would simply throw in the towel? The way I was generally treated yesterday (besides Mango, he was really civil all throughout), was shocking. I understand what I did made many people angry, but to receive such scathing remarks was inexcusable. As members of a community we are supposed to be able to make mistakes and grow together, not get thrown to the lions for something that honestly takes five minutes to fix when I get to typing. I am tired of being cursed at and treated with malcontent by players who make mistakes just as well as I do. We are all learning here. If I am not to be treated as an equal, I do not wish to participate. I find this arc is especially taxing, as the player-versus-player concept (although awesome in thought) is making everyone suspicious and volatile off-game to players who have characters "with the enemy." Is this really how we want to be? I know my life has enough stress with not being able to walk well, or work. I have to make ends meet. Life kicks in, and suddenly I realize this is just a game. Why are we treating each other so horribly over a game? Please take a moment to consider this. Thank you very much.

In the future, if I make a mistake and am treated as I was yesterday, I will leave.

I just gotta say that I completely agree with both of these quoted posts. I have seen a lot of people react very strongly on trivial matters. Besides, although we love this RPG, it's still just a game. It's a way for old Bionicle fans to have fun and enjoy Bionicle even after the death of the line. I think this is a great thing that should not be ruined with unnecessary hatred.

So let's just enjoy ourselves and be friends? K? :)

Edited by Toatapio Nuva

I just want to say it's ridiculous to threaten to leave- you're not punishing us at all, and it's honestly having a quitter mentality than anything. Now, I know Kughii well enough to know he doesn't have this kind of mentality, but I can't speak for anyone else who cries wolf about leaving forever.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

I just want to say it's ridiculous to threaten to leave- you're not punishing us at all, and it's honestly having a quitter mentality than anything. Now, I know Kughii well enough to know he doesn't have this kind of mentality, but I can't speak for anyone else who cries wolf about leaving forever.

Also very true.

On a completely different note, does anyone know about Parugi's status? He's been gone for quite a while.

I almost completely agree with Kughii-antagonism between players is something that's completely destructive to the community we have here. If we continue to treat each other like dirt, this RPG will not continue but instead return to the from which it came. By building each other up we will stay together, improve each other's writing talents and ultimately be much happier. I don't think anyone wants us to loose our community, and neither do I.

That said, quitting is not necessarily a good answer to a sour enviornment. Perhaps one would be better off staying and trying to change how we act towards one another if there's a problem.