Jump to content
Unreliable Narrator

Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse -- Gameplay Topic (IC)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

IC: Marrow - The Wastes

Marrow was not a particularly bright creature.

But he was starting to understand some things. The shiny bits were sharp.

As the Skakdi rose forward and upward into the air, Marrow tensed, readying himself to spring. The Skakdi went up, and up, and up, and then came careening back down. But still Marrow waited, waited, then leaned back, pivoted at the waist, and took a single stride to the side.

His judgement was slightly askew, his movements more unsteady than he'd expected. The ground underfoot was cracked and uneven from his landing, slowing his stride - hopefully the Skakdi would suffer the same problem when it landed. The Skakdi's sharpened feet scraped over Marrow's upper chest, tearing his plants to tatters, scratching his scales, leaving a ragged, bloody gash in their wake.

Marrow was already making his counterattack before the pain fully registered. The plants all over his body abruptly morphed into lightvines, which at this range would hopefully blind and disorient the Skakdi enough to make it difficult for him to see or avoid the spiked tail swiping around to strike his descending torso - on the side that wasn't protected by that irritating shield.

@Sparticus147

Edited by Gecko Greavesy
  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

Shock and pain washed across the Kaita’s form as they had hoped to unleash all of the energy they had built-up to kill this beast in one glorious blow, only for it to manage to just avoid their attack with Taua left to feel the backlash as their form rapidly shrunk to its original size. Landing, their sharpened boots dug deep into the stone, wedging them in it. The situation was only heightened in alarm as they were flashed by the sudden manifestation of lightvines, the sudden flash of them forcing the Kaita’s six eyes to close.

Being blinded was nothing though to them, as their Kraata squirmed and writhed as it quickly began to read the situation for them. What they were told though was dire. They were immobile with their feet stuck, blinded by stupid plants, reduced to their original size, and a tail thicker than their entire torso was careening at them towards the side without their shield. There was so much happening at once and they couldn’t deal with all of it at once, at least with only one mind focusing upon it all.

Risking it and not willing to be beaten so easily, they took all their focus away from preventing the drain as they braced and prepared for the impact. In a small bubble around them, gravity diminished slightly as the rock around their feet moved away, freeing them as the right side of their body turned silver, just in time to take the tremendous blow from the Tahtorak’s tail as they were sent flying away from it.

Flailing for a brief moment, their eyes harshly returned to focus in time to steady themselves before they made impact with the earth, softly landing as they rose back up to their full height, having grown once more to just shy of ninety feet in height. Breathing heavily, the sore feeling on the right side of their body now moreso as several hairline fractures now lined their bones. Looking towards the monster a fair distance away from them now, they glared at it with loathing for still being alive, something it had no right to be.

Done playing around, they roared out furiously in challenge as their feet stomped onto the stone beneath them as the terrain between the Marrow and them shifted. Forming on the left and right of Taua, two surging lines of stone and ice spikes surged forwards towards Marrow, intent on piercing the beast while also forming a central channel clear for the creature to charge at the Kaita down. Just beneath the surface of the channel though were hidden spiked pit traps, perfect for tripping up the dumb brutish creature that Taua continued to see his foe as.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @NorikSigma @Kal the Guardian

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Marrow - The Wastes

His vision blurred and blinded by the light now radiating from his form, Marrow didn't get the opportunity to enjoy the sight of the Skakdi being flung through the air. He felt the impact though, of his tail colliding with something satisfyingly solid. The light abated as the plants clinging to his body returned to being more mundane foliage, a cluster of leaves spreading and flattening against the wound to his chest as he pressed his right hand against it. 

He searched around for a second to figure out where the Skakdi had landed, already having returned to a larger size once again. He couldn't make sense of what this creature was, or why it was fighting him. Why would anyone fight so hard to save an empty wasteland from being brought back to life? Why did the Skakdi hate him? Why did he hate it? 

The only answer the Skakdi offered were twin rows of icy, stony spikes that ripped across the ground, converging on either side of Marrow. Growling, he moved towards the row on his left, the bladed tip of his tail sweeping low to the ground to smash the spikes asunder at their bases before their points could reach his hide. Fragments of frost and ruined rock rained across the sand, crashing through the unstable surface the Skakdi had created and revealing the spikes that had been buried beneath. 

Roaring his rage at the sight of the trap, Marrow formed a massive madu tree in his free hand and flung it like an unwieldy spear towards the Skakdi, a shower of unripe madu cabolo fruit scattering from its branches as it tumbled haphazardly through the air. 

@Sparticus147

  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

They grimaced as the creature uncovered their trap without falling for it, with their annoyance and frustration only growing as their spikes seemed ineffectual towards it. About to approach the beast for melee once again, they easily saw as the tree was flung towards them and extended their spare hand forwards as they caught it and suspended in a well of gravity that intercepted the tree and seeds. But as the plants were caught, the seeds exploded from the elemental use of gravity, their foul gas momentarily expelling outwards in a small cloud but being caught and contained by the gravity well once again.

Grinning, an idea formed as Taua launched the tree and gaseous cloud back towards the Tahtorak at high speeds, hoping that at least whatever this gas is will be a problem for the thing if not the tree-javelin. As the gas flew towards Marrow, blocking sight between the two beings, Taua focused their gaze as beams of frosty blue laser energy shot forwards to strike the creature through the gaseous cloud to shear and rend its flesh, the Kaita laughing expectantly at what they hoped to see.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @NorikSigma @Kal the Guardian

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Marrow - The Wastes 

The moment he saw his makeshift projectile caught in midair, Marrow broke into a run, charging around the channel and broken spikes towards the Skakdi. The fruit and foliage coalesced into a murky mass and began to fly back towards him, followed by a blazing beam that carved through the cloud and cascaded across Marrow's scales, stinging and searing and setting foliage alight. 

He staggered out of the path of the beam, smoke rising from the blistered, bloodied scales of his right arm and shoulder. The remnants of the madu tree made impact a moment later, Marrow's will reshaping and reconstituting it into a harmless cloud of leaves before it even made contact with him. The leaves flattened and hardened into binding vines and layers of ironwood that clung against his injured arm, becoming a massive, misshapen mirror of the Skakdi's own shield, which Marrow raised up like a battering ram as he continued to charge towards Taua.

 

OOC: @Sparticus147The rules for riteborn say that "A tahtorak is immune to effects of its own element used against it." Since the Madu Cabolo were created by Marrow himself, I believe the wording of the rules would mean he'd be unaffected by their gas. 

Edited by Gecko Greavesy
  • Like 1

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Tuakana | Inside Mahrika's Mind

"Care, little one," the aspect's voice said at last, heavy and slow like a rolling drumbeat within her brain. "Listen. Learn. But do not believe... all they say."

There was a long pause.

"If they speak rightly... they are no enemy. But... my kin do not always speak true."

 

OOC: @Harvali

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran nodded faintly at her brother’s thoughts. She … she should indeed be more cautious. Sorilax could have a Kraata power of mind reading, he could just be saying what she wants to hear. But … if he was of Life, and Tuakana was Time, then her dreams grew closer to reality.

Mahrika wondered what that would be like. If Vokarda had never died, she likely would lose the power of Adaption. Vokarda would be there to help her adjust, but it would be strange being so vulnerable to cold and heat, let alone losing her newer powers. It might be rough. But it would be worth it. Although Tuakana wanted to render time meaningless, so maybe both versions of Vokarda could coexist?

Time seemed to be a confusing element.

She shook her head of her meandering thoughts and said, “I would be willing to help you find this secret of restoring life without a taboo.For now at least. Tuakana was right, she needed to be careful. 

At Sorilax’s reaction to her list she tightened, “I … I , no wonder the island has suffered so.” If he was not lying. She clenched her Flame Sword tight, “I … I vaguely recall Mata-Nui being known as a Lesser Spirit of our island. But if he was an Trickster who ascended … a Spirit of Death…

There was a faint bitter laugh. Ollem shook his head. Of course Mata-Nui was a God of death, why else would the Turaga and Toa enforce his will? He should have known.

Still, Ollem did not reappear. Mahrika had said nothing of these Aspects or Tricksters until now, but hearing her, that huge being she was close with. They looked almost nothing like Sorilax but, was that an Aspect? What exactly were Aspects? And if Mata-Nui caused all the suffering getting powerful, what did that Tuakana and Sorilax need to do?

Mahrika meanwhile looked at Sorilax, “I am not sure of the details of this place, Toa Kas knows more about the Admin than us. From what I understand, this floating sphere traveled to Tren-Nui from somewhere else, carrying the Admin in it. Like a disembodied spirit. They then telepathically infiltrated the Ruins and Suvas, like they were using an Iden. I know very little else.

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

  • Like 2

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka Avatar by @Harvali and edited by @Kal the Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

Staring down the creature as it charged towards them, Taua simply grinned as the beast came right to them, seeing the massive wooden shield form as the thing was intent on ramming them. Shifting their feet back to brace against the blow, they gripped their maulaxe with both hands as they channeled their silver will into it, the guillotine-like blade glistening in the sunlight, them ready to bring the weapon crashing and tearing through the meager shield and the limb holding it up behind the bulwark. And just to make sure that no tricks came out of nowhere, Taua called upon their Kraata as the brute’s mind was laid bare to them, ready to react and counter whatever may be thrown their way, but one thing was for sure, their maulaxe was going to taste blood, like the blood beginning to pool in the back of their throat and trickle down their nose.

"YES! [Come face/Approach] me [Monster/Fool]!"

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @NorikSigma @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: [Nixie, Vhisola & Co. - Kini-Koro, Po-Kou Shelter]
 
“It’s safer? This happened to us in our homes.” Nixie replied, almost snapping. She had been returned to Matoran form, but the aggressive tone was new. Maybe some lingering effect of the transformation? It sounded rather Rahi-like still. Or maybe it was just flayed nerves after the ordeal they all had just gone through and the astronomer had no emotional bandwidth left for composure.


“What if this spreads? Has anybody checked? If it’s in the ground water it might well reach all the way here, or wherever Knichou is,  given enough time... I’d rather take a chance out there trying to figure this out than hang back and grow even more extra limbs next time or wait for whatever horrible thing this place has in store for us next!”


She turned briskly, fully intending to leave the shelter in a huff and get on with it, but she was suddenly overcome by a feeling of vertigo and stumbled, barely catching herself on the wall. She cursed under her breath as Vhisola caught up with her, putting a steadying hand on her. She leaned in close. “Easy now.” Nixie shot her look, but otherwise was still busy not falling over.

In the silence that followed, the Turaga of Stone chimed back in: “I recall Energized Protodermis having a dual nature. Like the sides of a Widget. It can empower or destroy. Corrupt or heal.”

Vhisola listened to the rest of her words, waiting for Nixie to recover enough to move on her own again.


“I think I will join you, Okuo. There may be some who know where to find pure Energized Protodermis. If it is not in the abandoned village, others may have heard rumors.”


"I’ll stay here and continue to look after you lot then, if that’s alright." Klawne said to Nixie and the others. "You’re, uh... not still mad about earlier, are you? I may have treated you a litte, erm... like children, if I'm honest."


Vhisola looked at the other Turaga and shook her head. “Nothing to apologize for. I don’t presume to speak for all of us, but...given the circumstances...I think it was well done.” she said, then glanced at the other Matoran for confirmation. They nodded slightly, though didn’t say anything.


“Looks like each of us has a task to complete then.” Nixie said, as the room finally stopped spinning for her. She shrugged off Vhisola’s hand on her shoulder and stood up straight again - well, almost. She still leaned against the wall to balance herself, grimacing in frustration. She looked at the Kaita, Toa and Turaga in turn, eyes full of determination. 


“You go do what you have to. But as soon as my legs work properly again, I will be on my way.”

 

OOC:  @Tarn @Snelly @Onaku @Toru Nui @Harvali

  • Like 4

 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Skyra Daring - Kini-Nui -

Well this sucked, even with an open wound, it didn't seem like anything Skyra did was effective against Nektann at all. She needed a serious change in strategy...she needed a giant mech just like those two that were fighting...

Speaking of that, Skyra eyed Patiwairutiki, a mech that large...surely had more than one seat in it right? It had to be difficult to operate alone right? The pilot in Skyra knew this to be likely. She flew towards Patiwairutiki even as it battled Nektann. 

"Yo, you got room for one more in there? I'm not doing much good out here on my own." 

I really need to get one of these mechs for myself...

OOC: @BULiK @Tarn @NorikSigma @Toru Nui@Eyru @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~

 

IC: Whakamahu, Kaita of Remedy - Ko-Pou Shelter

The Kaita's task had been complete more or less. Even if they hadn't fully cured the Matoran, they had bought them precious time in order to come up with a more permanent solution. 

"This is where I must leave you, little ones." Whakamahu said with the voice of three. "Perhaps we will meet again, if Destiny allows..." And with that the Kaita began to glow brightly, nearly blinding everyone in a brilliant light. When the light disappeared, the kaita was gone, replaced by the three Toa who had formed it. 

IC: Vashni - Ko-Pou -

Vashni rubbed her head as she came to. That was...well it was hard to describe what it had been like to form a kaita with two others, it almost felt like a distant dream now. Being apart from them almost felt wrong, but that feeling was quickly fading away. 

Regardless, she felt incredibly disoriented, and would need a few minutes before she could think straight. She could feel that some of Triage and Iradra's memories had bled into her own. They felt like her own memories, even though she knew that wasn't true. Even as a Toa of psionics it took her a bit to sort it out.

"#### that was weird..."


@Onaku@Vezok's Friend @Tarn @Harvali @Toru Nui

Edited by Snelly
  • Like 3


My Bzprpg ProfilesSix Kingdoms: Apocalypse

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Triage - Ko-Pou Shelter

The medic blinked his optics a few times as the features of the room came into focus again, now seen through one pair instead of three. He didn't think the process of forming a Kaita and being a part of one would feel so...weird. There was an urge deep down to rejoin the gestalt. Something told him this would not be the last time Whakamahu awoke. Images were playing in his head that weren't familiar, but at the same time were. Memories that didn't belong to him until now. At the moment they were jumbled, confused.

The inside of the Coliseum, but judging from its state after the impact, seen through the optics of...Iradra. And with her...

...somewhere in Le-Metru, the colors and architecture familiar to the element of air. Ehlek of the Six, panic overcoming his features as he reaches for his neck. This was Vashni's, and...

"...who knew unity could give you such a headache."

@Onaku@Snelly@Toru Nui@Harvali@Vezok's Friend

  • Like 4

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau:[Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse Profiles]:kaukau:
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sparticus147 said:

they gripped their maulaxe with both hands as they channeled their silver will into it, the guillotine-like blade glistening in the sunlight, them ready to bring the weapon crashing and tearing through the meager shield and the limb holding it up behind the bulwark. 

IC: Marrow - The Wastes

He saw the Skakdi raise their weapon. He heard them cry out their challenge. But Marrow didn't care. He kept barreling forward, his twisted tower shield raised, ready to crush the Skakdi beneath a veritable wall of wood. 

But then he saw, and remembered: the shiny bits are sharp.

Raising his arm up to ensure the maulaxe struck the shield below where his arm was, Marrow wrenched the shield out to the side a moment after the weapon made impact. The razor-sharpened head crushed and cleaved into the hardy ironwood before grinding to an abrupt halt as its momentum was broken and friction increased as the wood began to grow back, the broken layers reforming into a solid mass, the vines twining and tangling around the intruder.

With the weapon's head firmly trapped, Marrow released his hold of the shield, willing it to continue growing over and around the maulaxe to weigh it down and ensure it couldn't be freed. Then Marrow reached down and attempted to seize the arms holding the maulaxe by their biceps, with the intent of yanking them in opposite directions to dismember the Skakdi where he stood. 

@Sparticus147 

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

Though they could very well charge and meet the beast, they held their position, ready for the point of impact as they scoured the beast’s mind, ready to anticipate its actions. But they were a tad too slow. As the axe blade swung, intent on shearing through the shield and into the Tahtorak’s arm, it raised its limb above where Taua could reach as the blade bit into the wood like a hot knife through butter, the backlash washing across their body as they went from nearly ninety feet to just shy of thirty. 

About to pull back their weapon, the nearly bisected pieces of wood lashed out and regrow themselves around the head of Taua’s maulaxe, the added weight causing the weapon to sag in their grasp. Looking at the clump of wood, they were about to find some use for it when their still active Kraata alerted them to the monster’s goal, to tear them limb from limb. They only grinned, as the Tahtorak grabbed at their limbs, only to feel like it had grasped onto freshly sharpened knives with Taua ripping their limbs from its grasp as they shrunk back down to their original size.

Pained wracked their body though, as for a brief moment the silver will seemed resistant to obeying their command, as the creatures fierce grasp momentarily crushed their limbs. That combined with the second wave of backlash caused the hairline fractures across their body, primarily around their right arm, to widen, though not yet completely break thankfully.

Grinding their teeth through the pain, they lunged forwards beneath the creature and its grasp as they quickly took a hold of one of its legs and began to lift. At their size, even with their enhanced strength, there would have been no way in the pits for them to have even destabilized Marrow’s stance, but Taua did not need strength if the thing he was lifting weighed nothing. Channeling his element of gravity directly into the Tahtorak, severing its connection, they lifted. What would have been several dozen tons became less than even a feather as they lifted and threw the beast overhead behind them. And just to make sure, they turned around, focusing on it as best they could as they willed it back to the ground, to make sure it couldn’t just break its fall like the last time.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @NorikSigma @Kal the Guardian

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Marrow - The Wastes

The last time Marrow had gotten too close to the Skakdi, it had made itself smaller and made him float away.

This time he was ready for it, already beginning to summon thickened tree roots from beneath the ground as the Skakdi cut at his hands, shrunk down, and fell from his grasp. 

The roots coiled around the foot and ankle that the Skakdi wasn't grasping the moment Marrow felt the strange sense of weightlessness start to wash over him, anchoring him a few dozen bio off the ground. He flailed in midair as the Skakdi tried to throw him and send him crashing back to the ground, but managed to plant his feet as he was swung around and dropped back down to earth. 

Marrow snarled at his assailant and struck out with his tail again, the blade-like spike at its tip sweeping forth to slice at the Skakdi. 

@Sparticus147

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Sorilax Life Seeker - Aspect of Light and Silence

Location - Aqua Sphere, Giant Tower, Top Penthouse

With - Mahrika, Ollem, Kas

 

While Sorilax became glad at the Ga-Matoran’s willingness to help him, he quickly realized she was the opposite of who he truly wanted to help him. Who knew what devious and underhanded Aspect was behind her actions. He could not trust anything she said or did. Which was a shame, because she seemed very nice.

Perhaps she was Desecrated by Aspects he could trust to be themselves, like All-Seeker or Apex. But it could just as likely be that she was Desecrated by someone who kept their true dark goals close to their chests either through choice or by separation, like Ulkarr or the Eldest. Yes, it was best to be as cautious as possible, even if that meant he had to force himself not to illuminate the others here to the true dubious nature of his species.

Sorilax looked around. The Toa was still near all the papers, but the other Matoran was still gone. Did he have a Kraata too? Perhaps Illusion or Chameleon? Sorilax Sensed his element of Light, feeling as it shone through the glass of the windows and feeling it bounce around the room as it provided optics the ability to perceive the world around them. Sorilax mentally frowned, seeing as he could not physically. There was a spot where Light was warping around an empty gap in the air, almost exactly like he had been doing earlier. Did the Matoran have an element?

Well, perhaps it was technology. Apparently technology could do a lot more than he thought possible.

Sorilax responded to the Ga-Matoran’s final statement, “I know not how much use I would be trying to kill a technology spirit, but I shall endeavor not to be a liability.

He turned to Kas, awaiting instruction. It seemed like the Toa of Fire was both the one who knew what to do and the one in charge here. At least the Toa did not seem Desecrated as of yet. He claimed to be a being of death, but based on the state of the room, a battle had been fought here some time past. If the Toa of Fire were involved, then that might be guilt talking more than a boast about killing others. Sorilax would not tolerate a murderer, but partaking in a war muddied those moral waters and he still mused occasionally on how war aligned with his idea of moral Light. He was not sure if he had ever come up with an answer he liked regarding the topic.
 

OOC: @Harvali @Unreliable Narrator

 

IC: Cravious - Skakdi of Lightning, Mind Reading and Quick Healing

Location - Outside the Fire Ruins

With - Whira

 

Cravious looked at the two masks he had forged, wishing he could figure out what their powers were. They were from the Kanoka he had yet to figure out. The base ones that seemed to do nothing when they struck things. All the other ones were easy to figure out. One created ice. One shrunk things. One enlarged things. But these two, they eluded him.

Perhaps they had beneficial powers, but he had no idea how to test that. Yet, anyway. He was sure he would figure something out soon enough.

He set aside the masks and grabbed a flat piece of metal, setting down a Kanoka atop it and tracing out the shape. He then grabbed his laser cutter and cut out several pieces of metal designed for holding Kanoka, heating them and shaping them, eventually adding on a spring loaded attachment that allowed the Kanoka to be exchanged.

In the midst of the monotonous project as he made several of these pieces, his optics scanned the volcano, noting Yumiwak’s ship was still there. He stopped his immediate work and moved over to Whira, who was sitting in front of a large screen that acted as a fake window. The screen was a feed from a camera on the outside of the Cube being played live on the large cathode-ray tube television. Cravious’ inherent power had allowed the screen to be basically flat instead of the insides taking up a lot of space.

There were a couple of these fake windows around the perimeter of the Cube’s interior, mostly as a convenient way to see what was outside without going to the monitoring station, but also as a way not to feel quite so claustrophobic inside the large protosteel vehicle. Although Cravious would never add a design flaw to his creation such as an actual window.

Whira looked up at him with a silent question and he shook his head no, telling her they still couldn’t be on their way. Cravious sat down, joining her, as he wiped down what appeared to be some kind of miniature engine. He inclined his head in the direction of the volcano, “You know, Yumiwak, the one creating all those Kaiju, she too seeks power.” He let the statement sink in, “Although I doubt she would see the wisdom of joining us, we probably should create some kind of plan to deal with her, either trying to subjugate her or remove her from the equation entirely if we can’t avoid her. Otherwise she might become very annoying until you finish your Grand Wish.

 

OOC: @~Xemnas~

  • Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2021 at 11:18 AM, Crimson Jester said:

IC: Korruhn, Kumu Peninsula

"If that's the case, then I'm your best shot at getting the other three," Korruhn surmised. He placed the stone in his pocket, and leaned toward Stannis, putting his weight on the staff he took from the dead Rahkshi.

"It is a time out of time. Between the threads that hold the universe together. It ebbs and flows with the world, but it is not the world. Or is it?" Korruhn smirked. "Those I bring from the Far Shore do not originate there, although they exist there now. They crave life, life through consumption. Through balance. Who created it? Who knows. Maybe it's always been there; maybe not. If you want to know more of the Far Shore, you need to speak to Nuju the Perjurer. But have fun with that. He has his own ideas."

"Who exactly is Tren Krom? If these stones summon him, that could work. I've been looking to have words with him."

IC Stannis + Korruhn | Kumu

What beef—“ [the old man had heard the term used once in an email] “—do you have with Tren Krom?” Stannis asked.

I have no qualms with him. He simply seems to be a being in a position to answer a lot of my questions.

Tren Krom is the Maker and Unmaker,” Stannis answered Korruhn's last question. There was a sense of awe in his tone but it was clear from his withdrawn eyes that dimmed ever so slightly in the darkness of his hood that he was also… concerned? It was hard for Korruhn to sense the true inflection with so little to base off of, but what was clear was the wizard’s harboring of hesitation about The Krom.

Korruhn paused a moment, pondering the inflection and meaning on Stannis' words. His eyes maintained a fixed gaze, and his brow was furrowed in determination. "Mata Nui was a false god, that much is clear. I asked questions of Nuju, he could not answer. I asked questions of you, of Miserix, I got no further. Even the almighty Icarax, Aspect of Dominion, gave me no answer. All my questions-- my purpose leads me to Tren Krom. What else am I to think?"

Ah, ah. Mata-Nui is no 'false god,'” Stannis quickly corrected. “He is a god in every sense of the word but he is a god of our creation, and in that lies his flaws. He was made by dreams and wishes, manifested from nightmares and desires, and in the end that was all the prayers he could answer. All the gods you have spoken to only gave the answers within their powers. It is not their failing.
 
The Wanderer studied Korruhn more closely then, channeling his Fate-sensing powers on the Void-touched toa to divine some knowledge to pass on to his ailing soul. But while he could see the marionette strings on Viltia and even Grime that pulled them to their starforged destinies, like he could to any other being who’s soul was enshrined in the skies, he could not sense those attachments on Korruhn. It was like with Whisper, and Miserix, shrouded in shadow—it was absence of fortune, a nondescript slate. “Your purpose is… undefined. It is what you make of it. That is not the answer you seek, I know, but it is an answer within my power.

"My work as a cartographer, long before any of this—" he paused, looking to his arm, his scarred body, and his makeshift armor, "afforded me a unique position. Unbeknownst to me, my research and exploration, time on the frontier, put me in the position of Chronicler, as Icarax noted. If not the world, my civilization. I have written the beginning, the middle. And now it seems  I must survive to write the end.

"My world is dead, Stannis. The acid of the lake eats more and more of it every day." Korruhn could still feel the burn of it eating his own flesh. "My friends are dead, dying. My enemies are becoming the heroes of my people, the NUVA, the Kaita, what have you. This world deserves to burn. It needs to, if we are to advance."

"Entropy," Stannis derisively stated, "is a natural thing. When time moves forward things will unravel; that is the course of all things. What is lacking in this apocalypse is the knowledge to learn from mistakes and create a better future, knowledge to use the tools already at our disposals to craft something better than what we have ensured. The world you knew, that world you grew up in, was never built for you, or Viltia, or Leklo--it was a means forward made for a dubious and selfish god of death, and in the end it fulfilled its purpose exactly. We all fell to his grand deception. But what if, what if, the next world you live in and grow old in was built for you?"

The Wanderer let the thought linger a second like a precious new aroma before continuing. "Resetting the cycle would wipe everything away, from your aspirations to my purpose to Viltia's accomplishments, and nothing would be learned. I don't think living an entire next life in ignorance, fated to exist in the same spiral of time all over again, is truly what you wish for, Korruhn."

"My home was not perfect, surely," Korruhn agreed. "But it was my home. No world, no matter how perfect, can replace that."

He paused a moment, reflecting on the cool, crisp scent of the Ko-Metru air, sun glistening off of the Knowledge Towers. "I don't seek to end the cycle, but I do not see a place in my new home those who took my home from me."

"I agree," Stannis said. He settled his posture, luxuriating slightly against the table and letting his shoulders sag a little. The old being seemed more than a little tired, a shadow of a time long gone that just refused to give up its ghost, and as easily accommodating of a final death or a continued push against all odds. 
 
Caedast's work was not yet finished, not in this cycle, but she had grown in the wake of her Far Shore adventure—she had seen what it was like to win so profoundly, and likewise what it felt like to be incredibly powerless. Her counterpart in that timeline had achieved what she hoped to, assimilating the whole of knowledge of everything and everyone, past, present, and future, and with that power had given a prophesy to herself, to the one within Stannis Maru. Victory was not in her cards in that timeline anymore, but there was still a chance, a slim margin, that she could still claim her victory in this life. And oh, how she wanted that. It was so tantalizingly close she could smell it, like the rumble of a waterfall at the last stumbling steps of a desert marathon and her parched tongue longed for the nectar of life. But the world she would sustain in her victory was unlike any world she could exist in herself. She would not be able to see life with the same lens as she had through Stannis' eyes; gods  can't cry no matter how much they know.
 
"I wish to break the worlds free of the cycle," he continued, "to know what there is to know for making a better life, to guide people in creating their own destinies, and to impart wisdom for people to find their purposes. What everyone does once they possess that is not for me to decide, but for them."

 

@Crimson Jester @Unreliable Narrator @Kal the Guardian @Gecko Greavesy

Edited by EmperorWhenua
  • Like 4

 BZPRPG Profiles / BZPRPG Rules and Index / Rebirth Profiles

"... Even you, EmperorWhenua, you stupid beautiful contrarian, you." —Tyler Durden

gallery_37760_66_15385.jpg.7be7abee40c7970a9f7f6c47f9e5581c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

Annoyance pinged at the Kaita’s mind, with it becoming a growingly common emotion as they kept witnessing the creature’s ability to adapt, learn, and counter their efforts at trying to kill it. Was it that hard, to simply lie down and die? To accept your inevitable fate? It was becoming progressively frustrating...but it will also at least make their guaranteed victory all that sweeter, proving to Zakaz just how strong they really are.

Stripped of their maulaxe, the weapon cast off a short distance away, with the tree around its head having grown and sprouted around it, with only the handle sticking out. They were going to need to get that back. Focusing back onto the beast, they easily saw its swinging tail, and gripping their greatshield with all three hands, they braced and absorbed the blow as its surface took a silver sheen and an electrical pulse surged out. From the impact, they were sent sliding back several bios as they grew to around fifty feet in height.

Staring down towards the beast before them, greatshield in both hands, stripped of their main weapon, beaten and weary with heavy breaths, they tightened their grip and tensed their muscles...before turning and dashing away from the Tahtorak as fast as they could achieve. 

Surging with elemental strength, each kick-off had them weighing less than a leaf in the wind while each step was the force of a falling mountain, the earth and stone shattering and crumbling from their steps. But not only was the surface shattered and broken up from their steps alone, as each contact with their boots channeled their element of stone and ice; with the rock beneath being forcefully dragged up while deep wells of frost and ice were embedded, leaving a wake of broken rocks and frosty chunks.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian @NorikSigma

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Marrow - The Wastes

Twisting tendrils of smoke drifted from Marrow's twitching tail as he recoiled from the effects of the sudden electric blast. A rattling roar escaped his maw as he turned to follow the path he'd sent the Skakdi flying. The roar turned to something akin to a laugh as he watched the sniveling Skakdi do as it should have from the moment Marrow had first arrived, and flee. 

But as the Skakdi turned in retreat, Marrow held his ground and didn't pursue. His instincts screamed at him to destroy the irritating creature, to annihilate this challenger, and he would obey them, but this wasn't the way. Every time he'd come close to the Skakdi it made itself shiny, too hard to hurt, too sharp to grasp. Even the times he'd tried to wring it to pieces in his hands it had shrunk or grown to escape his grip. Marrow was the strongest thing on the island, a titan among ants, but somehow this crooked creature couldn't be crushed. 

The very idea of something he couldn't grind to gristle with his bare hands filled him with rage and frustration, but was forced to face that fact that this was an enemy that he was physically incapable of killing up close. It wouldn't break, no matter how hard he tried. 

But there was another way. 

The glorious green. 

So as the Skakdi fled, the full ferocity of Marrow's power pursued it. Mere seconds before the Skakdi came in to land from one of its leaps, a gargantuan mass of mismatched plants suddenly sprung up from the ground to meet it. The memory of their names, the intricacies of their identifications, were long lost to Marrow, but he understood what they were, what they did, for they were of his element. They were the deadliest weapons in nature's arsenal, plants that carried potent poisons, whose stings and stalks and stems and sap and seeds possessed the power to cause pain and paralysis, irritation and inflammation, burns and blisters. 

When the Skakdi crashed down among them, he would expose himself to all they had to offer. 

@Sparticus147

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - area west of Kini-Nui:

As Patiwairutiki jabbed the club at the tahtorak’s side once more, the occupant within noticed the approaching aerial toa.

"Yo, you got room for one more in there? I'm not doing much good out here on my own," she said.

An additional pilot could prove useful.

As long as she does not hold me back from the fight.

Ally toa will be loaded quickly. Ally Atamai may require assistance.

A mighty hand reached up and pushed Skyra to the back of the Kaita ACR. The hatch opened just long enough for her to be shoved through before closing behind her. The machine-turned pilot gestured to the adjacent seat as Patiwairutiki moved towards the neck of the beast.

Greetings. You may call this unit Citizen Pacification Unit K1R1 Kilo-M9 NUVA. Short form, Kilo. Please identify yourself while you familiarize yourself with the control system. Ally Atamai is preparing to eliminate the target. This unit may need to cover him while the process is completed.”

OOC: @~Xemnas~@Snelly@Eyru

  • Like 2

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

Running with leaping bounds and crushing landings, Taua expected to hear the sounds of crushing earth coming from behind them, but the fact that the mental presence of Marrow was not moving confused them. Risking it and peeking over their shoulder, they saw as the beast stood its ground, while following in their wake was a surging mass of roots and vines.

Before they could respond, the space in front of them exploded in such a mass of plantlife, it lashing up to meet them as they careened down towards it with force. The beast was trying to trap them again, Taua thought as the roots surged up, with the Kaita ready to freeze and shatter them. And then the first contact to their bare skin was made as the vines extended past their armored lowered legs and up to their thighs and waist.

As the roots and stalks spread up to their waist, inching to climb further up their torso, Taua howled in pain. To think that something as insignificant as a plant could inflict such agony was practically unthinkable to the Kaita, and so feeling the full effect was a shock to them as they attempted to struggle free thoughtlessly, wracking pain and irritation only flaring up as they did. 

In frustration and rage, they unleashed their full fury in an explosion of icey-cold wrath as ice and snow erupted from where they stood, with sub-zero temperatures and frostbite quickly running across the plants and roots as all functions were killed off in an instance. But the cold did not stop at the immediate plants wrapped around them as the chill dug deep into the ground, layering the area immediately surrounding Taua in permafrost as the Kaita turned towards Marrow with fury, a chill in the air around them as frost covered their blister sore legs, the cold numbing the pain.

Enough with these shenanigans. Raising up their dominant hand into the air, gravity all around them was inverted, their feet dug deep into the rock beneath them, keeping them thoroughly planted. With gravity inverted, all of the loose rocks, stones, and ice chunks, broken up by Taua’s own steps and the roots of Marrow rose up into the air, till in a dramatic motion, they were all sent careening towards one point, Marrow, with a powerful well of gravity centered upon the riteborn's chest that pulled with so much force that the Kaita was forced to jam their greatshield into the rock in front of them to keep themselves from launching themselves as well. 

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian @NorikSigma

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Marrow - The Wastes

The projectiles careening towards Marrow crashed and cracked against a barrier of ironwood that he raised before him, additional layers forming behind the first as fragments continued to pummel it. The moment the flow of projectiles stopped, the hardened wood reformed into flexible vines that slingshotted the damaged debris back the way it had come. 

@Sparticus147

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

Taking a step forward, they watched as the debris was launched back at them, a pair of their eyes flashing purple as gravity increased by several degrees, the projectiles not even flying a bio before crashing into the ground. Continuing to march forwards towards the beast, greatshield readied, they fired beam upon beam of frosty blue lasers at the beast, intent on rending through its pitiful bulwark.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian @NorikSigma

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Marrow - The Wastes

Willing his barrier to continue growing ever denser to fend off the blistering beams of blinding blue, Marrow retaliated by mimicking a move he'd seen the Skakdi pull several times now. His foot slammed into the ground, and from it rose a row of roots that rocketed across the ground, their ends hardening into jagged points that jabbed like javelins towards the Skakdi's legs. 

@Sparticus147

 

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

Shifting their greatshield, they blocked the brunt of the javelins with it while the rest shattered against their armored lower legs, though a few still struck past and hit their upper thighs, though none struck lethally. Focusing upon the wall of wood, it was clear that it was not to be so easily destroyed by mere lasers, and so they used the one power they had that could not be denied. Striking against the entire surface of the wooden palisade, the force of gravity was tilted so that it was going perpendicular to the wall, with the direction identified as down being in the direction of Marrow, with them pumping as many G’s into it till the sheer crushing weight of the wood could not hang onto the crumbling stone beneath it.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian @NorikSigma

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Marrow - The Wastes

Though Marrow couldn't control gravity, he could still control the wood his barrier was woven from, reabsorbing as much energy as he could before the remnants reached him, and willing the rest to flow and fold to fall around his form as it toppled.

He performed a similar feat on the spiked roots he'd sent slicing towards the Skakdi. Whether they'd succeeded in striking the target or were swept aside by its shield, the spear-like roots circled around behind the Skakdi to stab at him again, this time aiming for his ankles and the backs of his knees. 

@Sparticus147

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Grime | Kumu Peninsula

Grime leaned in towards the fire and the conversations. It made sense that Korruhn spoke with Stannis most -- they were friends, of a sort, after all. Viltia and Whisper brought their questions to him though, which he found curious. There was Stannis. They could ask him the same questions. They All knew him. He lied beautifully in his attempts to control a decayed and broken memory, and Grime thought better than to attempt any correction. The dark shadow that worked the toa’s lips were known to Grime, and he knew he should fear her as she feared his mistress. When the moment was right, he entered the conversation again. 

“I feel,” Grime started after a hesitant clearing of his throat, “that maybe these questions all point to a similar place, and a similar goal. You both hold a codex, which can be registered to a place of worship such as a suva. You two wish to leave this world and explore some place else with the help of this Nuju being at the great temple of Kini-Nui. Your Makoki Stones carry light and possibility. I’m just a simple bard, but I’d say they give me a sense of hope.

“Our recent host said they needed our assistance. When they brought me back, changed me even, they said something to you, Korruhn. And before they all left they said something to the three of you. Maybe all of this is connected, some great narrative waiting to be written into song. I’d love to see how it ends. I’d love to sing it. But right now, I think we need to live it. So, what are we doing and where are we going?”

OOC: @Kal the Guardian, @Gecko Greavesy, @Crimson Jester, @EmperorWhenua

 

IC: Takadox | Spiriah's Labyrinth

He shivered and shook and heaved brackish water up his throat and out his mouth. He'd been swept up by the current, thrust who knew where in the darkness, and so the once great leader lay shivering in the wet cold of a dreary existence. Takadox did his best to regain some sort of composure, but the dark voice was pressing on his mind. It reminded him of the pact. 

The pact that could provide freedom.

The pact that could provide joy.

Light in the darkness.

"Give up," Takadox shouted. "Give up already, I'm not going to fall for your petty tricks."

He stood on shaky legs, hit his head on the ceiling, and growled defiantly through the pain. The voice retreated.

But it didn't give up.

 

 

  • Like 4

Happy chat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Whisper - Kumu Peninsula

"As I said earlier, I still have a personal matter to attend to here," Whisper spoke up, "I suggest that those of you who intend to return to Kini-Nui begin your journey now, unless you'd prefer to stay behind and assist Stannis or I. I can teleport directly back to one of my desecrated at Kini-Nui when my task is done, and Stannis in turn can teleport to me when he's finished here."

@EmperorWhenua @Crimson Jester @Kal the Guardian

  • Like 3

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Skyra Daring - West of Kini-Nui -

"Kilo huh? Nice to meet ya!" While Skyra had issues with Vahki, she didn't seem to have a problem with other machines.  "I'm Skyra Daring, Toa of Air, veteran of the war, former Le-metru test pilot, etc."  Skyra sat down in the seat offered by Kilo, she looked over the controls for the kaita ACR.

"Woah...this is nothing like anything I've ever piloted before..." Though it was more like the controls found her. She gasped as her mind linked up to the Kaita, it was nothing like she'd felt before. Though she found having the controls done entirely by thought very intuitive. "This is so cool!" 

OOC: @Eyru @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~

  • Like 3


My Bzprpg ProfilesSix Kingdoms: Apocalypse

Skyra | Savina | Darien | Hakari | Mekana | Oceanna | Taleen | Mimira | Denerium | Talinka | Arisaka | Wraith | Xxeth | Silene

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

With great effort they pressed against the wooden bulwark and were only left disappointed when the thing simply shaped itself to their efforts, not even splintering. About to press even further, once more the spines came to jab at their lower extremities. Shifting their torso and legs into silver, the jagged wooden spikes easily snapped against the protosteel hard appendages. And before any more could come, gravity quickly flipped for the Kaita as they sent themselves flying skywards, far beyond the reach of the Tahtorak, buoying themselves upon wells of gravity as they gazed downwards, trying to discern a plan, off-handedly pulling for their maulaxe with a focused funnel of gravity. Frustration and annoyance was gripping at them, a foul combo, one they needed to calm down from before they did something truly reckless.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @Kal the Guardian @NorikSigma

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Marrow - The Wastes

Marrow felt confidence swell inside him at the sight of the Skakdi soaring away., retreating for the second time.

It was afraid, as it should be.

He raised his hand, unleashing a storm of savage wooden slivers from his open palm up towards the airborne irritation.

@Sparticus147

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

IC: Taua (Zakazian Wastes)

With their maulaxe flying into their hand once more, Taua raised up their shield as they deflected the splinters, the wooden slivers easily breaking against the bulwark, with the very few that made it pass only harmlessly glancing against their armor. It was clear that these meager attacks could hardly reach, let alone affect the Kaita, but the same was true vice verse, with them lacking any effective ranged means of attacking. It was placing the two of them into a frustrating stalemate that Taua doubted either of them appreciated. 

Gazing down, looking upon the sheer and raw destruction the two of them have inflicted upon the landscape, truly it was the carnage of a great battle, but looking upon the beast itself, Taua only snarled at how little they seemed to have harmed the creature. Though they had left the thing with various minor cuts and scrapes, with their eye blasts having singed a good portion of the monster’s chest, it was clear that they were losing…

No! They couldn’t lose, they won’t lose. They are Taua, Kaita of Conflict. It is this that they exist to excel at, and yet they couldn’t help but feel themselves slipping, growing more stretched and drained as the fight continued, them getting closer to returning to their diminished components. It was a fate that they loathed above all else, to return to who they were having not even left their mark upon Zakaz, it was a fate that won’t happen. That, they were going to make sure of.

What they needed to do is fell the beast, the monster, in a blow so great that it could not possibly survive, and there was only one attack that could ensure such an outcome. They just needed to get into the position to execute it.

Launching themselves over towards where Marrow stood, Taua gazed down towards the creature before they allowed gravity to take them once again as they fell down towards the creature greatshield first. While they were falling, they expanded their mind out towards Marrows, readied to launch themselves out of the way of any attack from the creature till the two of them were about to collide, at which point gravity was inverted in a massive column extending outwards and upwards as far as they could manage, making the upwards pull so much that no plant could possible keep the massive weight of the Tahtorak grounded.

OOC: @Gecko Greavesy @NorikSigma @Kal the Guardian

Edited by Sparticus147
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whisper, Korruhn, Stannis, Caedast, Grime, Miserix, Life creation Muaka

 

Viltia frowned. Grime was still avoiding answering her question. But she guessed he had answered it sort of? Basically she needed to go to a Suva and just put in her key to see what she got access to be able to build. It seemed she was going to have access to more than even Golden and Silver Masks, which was great. And maybe she would learn whatever the whole “worship” thing was about. But with the way Grime avoided the subject, she kind of doubted it.

After Whisper answered Grime, Viltia did as well. “Well it’s pretty late and we should probably sleep. But this all seems like important stuff and I guess we don’t need sleep every night. Oh, and I know Aspects don’t sleep. So maybe we should head out right now?” Viltia looked around the assembled group, “If you or Korruhn need help, I’ll stick with you guys. Otherwise I can quickly teleport to a Suva and put in my key. Then after I’m done with all that temple stuff, I’ll see what’s up with Kini-Nui. Hopefully meeting you guys there so we can save the world. Or whatever it is that we’ll actually be doing.

 

OOC: @Unreliable Narrator @Crimson Jester @EmperorWhenua @Gecko Greavesy

  • Like 3

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Marrow – The Wastes

Only hours ago, Marrow had been perfect and pure, born anew as a goliath of glistening green, destined for glory and grace.

Now he was ruined and ravaged, rejected and reviled by the world he’d thought had been his to bring new life to.

Treacly tendrils of tepid red still trickled tentatively down his torso, ambling along his aching arm, leaking from the lashes to his legs. It hurt, and he hated it. He wasn’t supposed to hurt anymore. But the hurt was all he could think about as he watched the axe rise back towards his master. Marrow knew the Skakdi surely intended to use the weapon to shed yet more of his blood, to continue its pathetic attempt at defiance, and something snapped inside him at the realisation.  

Gone were his concerns and curiosities.

Gone was his childish glee at encountering a worthy foe.

All he had left was the hate, hate that burgeoned and blossomed blindly inside him.

Issuing a snarl of savagery and spite, Marrow raised his hands overhead as it to claw at the very clouds themselves, and two impossibly enormous ironwood trees erupted upwards from the ground on either side of him, spearing towards the skies in pursuit of the rising axe. He fuelled their growth with all of his fury and focus, centuries passing in seconds as the trees rose 100 feet, 200 feet, their trunks widening and roots digging deeper to accommodate their ever-increasing height.

The Skakdi swatted aside the projectiles Marrow had flung its way and took its airborne axe in hand. But instead of striking, it seemed to pause for a moment, its too-many eyes surveying the scars the blows of their battle had left upon the barren, broken world.

And then Marrow’s petulant opponent plummeted down towards him, and the trees – now taller than Marrow and growing taller still – rushed up to meet it, a clawing canopy of timber talons forming wide and thick between them to intercept and impale the falling Skakdi. This time, Marrow didn’t let up, pouring all of his power and potential into willing the trees to continue growing, trusting his superior elemental energies to overpower any attempt to avoid or destroy his creations of glorious green.

When gravity abruptly reversed the roots still coiled around Marrow’s ankle held him in place long enough for him to seize the trunks on either side of him, and for their branches to grab him in turn, anchoring him long enough to await whatever happened when his titanic treetops fifty feet or more overhead made impact with his falling foe.

@Sparticus147 @NorikSigma @Kal the Guardian

  • Like 2

___________________________________________________

Legends Don't Last Forever

___________________________________________________

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC [Zataka - Irnakk’s Tooth, w. Yumiwak & Co.]:


She knew something had been off. But she hadn’t caught it in time. She’d been too focused on what was going on before her eyes to actually see through to the truth of the situation. She should have known when Marrow had bellowed out his challenge before this Skakdi spirit, this Irnakk. She saw the Skakdi princess clasp hands, knew something was going very wrong but it was just a second too late. At first she thought the volcano had finally had enough and was erupting. The orange-hot all around shifted in hue. 

 

Red.

 

All she saw was red - the rock, the smoke, all the Skakdi before her, whether they had the color naturally or not - even herself as far as she could tell from the corner of her eye. She could hear red, even smell it and taste it. The rush of blood pulsing in her audio receptors, the metallic taste on her tongue, mixed with that of red fruit and the smell of red flowers. 

 

Red.

 

Red dominated everything - except her thoughts. Maybe she’d instinctively activated her mask or her mental barriers were stronger than her enemy had anticipated, or maybe the fight and duel had sapped just enough of the Skakdi princess’s strength for her to struggle to fully enforce her will, but through the confusion, Zataka maintained her sense of self.

 

Red. 

 

This had been the plan all along she realized, red now clouding her feelings as well as she got angry at herself for letting her guard down to let this happen. Yumiwak had tried it before - when they’d first met. Her sleep that day had been fortunately light and she’d woken upon the mental contact instantly. If not...she most likely would have arrived in this state already. Some mighty trophy to parade around before getting sacrificed in a fiery pit to cement her status. The only question being whether or not she would have had a literal chain around her neck to be led about like some Rahi pet before being turned into some mystical giant lizard of one form or another.

 

Red.

 

The titan tried to fight back with all the mental strength she could muster, but despite being unable to fully dominate her will, the best Zataka could do was to not yield further ground. Beyond that, she found herself unable to act. She wanted to raise her weapon, to blow these traitors into so much red paste, but her arm wouldn’t move.

 

Red.


She tried to bust through the mental onslaught to establish a mental connection to the princess with her mask. If she wanted a piece of her mind, she was more than willing to give her all that and then some - but on her terms and with all the language that would have gotten her kicked off the Metru-Net forums in a heartlight flash. But it was useless. Red was too strong.

 

Red.

 

She actually wound up hoping Yumiwak could read her mind as she tried to dominate it. If only so she could hear her final thought, one that she would carry into death and beyond, no matter what happened next: 

 

:I won’t forget this.:
 

OOC: @EmperorWhenua

  • Like 6

 

 

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Mahrika - Aqua-Sphere

The Desecrated Ga-Matoran winced at Sorilax’s words, and cleared her throat, “I am not sure how much help I would be either. Most of the time since the head crushed my … home, I have been solving puzzles with Ollem. Well, Ollem did the bulk of the work. I did solve the Fire Suva puzzle though.” She smiled at that.

Ollem finally rematerialized, it was clear Sorilax was not an immediate threat. And he clearly knew many secrets, maybe some of the secrets behind Mahrika’s strange behavior. He approached the Aspect, “I am not familiar with your breed. What exactly can Aspects do?

They can give powers,” Mahrika said suddenly, “My p-people were … they feared them as temptresses who encouraged murder and death. I feared them too. But … the good ones, they can do the opposite. They can preserve the souls of the dying, keep the ill and injured alive, stop their stars from snuffing out. If their partner or family is willing.

Ollem startled at her, as she said abruptly,  “So, Toa Kas? Where do we head next?” She had … maybe said more than she meant to, but she … it felt like the Aspect was wary of her. And if he was an Aspect, he could possibly recognize Adaptation. He might know she was Desecrated, and … it made her freer to be more open. 

OOC: @Kal the Guardian @Unreliable Narrator @Burnmad @Eyru 

  • Like 3

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka Avatar by @Harvali and edited by @Kal the Guardian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nektann | West of Kini-Nui

Malkuhuraia loomed over the fallen tahtorahk, its weapon lifting towards the heavens in preparation for a final strike. Nektann's frills flared in response, and his muscles loosened as the effects of the stun began to wear off. He jerked one arm, and a jet of water struck at Malkuhuraia, knocking the titanic ACR off balance long enough for its prey to desperately scramble to his feet. He slipped on the muddy ground, which was only growing more wet and slick as time went on. The rains were falling in the fullness of their force now, lashing the ground like a hail of arrows fired from the sky, stirring up the dirt and filling the air with the smell of wet earth. A howling wind tore over the land, each gust like a punch to the stomach. Raindrops slid down the tahtorak's hide, mixing with the blood that still flowed from the gash on the side of his head. They hammered the armor of the ACRs, filling each cockpit with the sound of applause. It was necessary to shout in order to be audibly heard, but speaking was not necessary once Skyra plugged herself in. Kilo could hear her without listening; they could talk without speaking. The two beings, one partially organic and one fully mechanical, joined their minds together with the consciousness of Patiwairutiki, which washed over them like a vast, still lake and yet bent to their will. In their combined strength they walked across the storm-battered ground to join their brother, who had already recovered his footing and was preparing to strike again.

Grasping at slippery mud, the tahtorahk managed to struggle to his feet. His four legs spread his weight out, but even so, he could feel his claws sinking into the earth. His tail whipped through the air, helping him keep his balance. He roared again, but this sound was less a challenge than the last had been. It was a cry of sorrow that sounded through the storm as though it were coming from the dark clouds themselves. Each ragged gash of lightning and ensuing gunshot of thunder seemed to thread through the the roar and carry it farther, like the storm and the beast were one and the same. He flared his frills, but the joy of combat was gone. All that was left was an aching void that could not be filled, and a desperate need to go, to flee, to be anywhere else.

Parnassus's cry was lost in the screaming wind. Oreius battled with the controls, fighting against the storm to keep them aloft, but the elements that battered the skycraft were not vindictive. Consumed by grief, Nektann did not even notice them or the airship on which they approached. In the same way, he ignored the attacks from the Taku and its crew. He neither perceived them nor cared. He was lost in his own storm. Everywhere he turned, he saw only dark, empty earth. Puddles widened into pools and deepened into lakes, but the green did not follow. The promise of new life was gone. There was no renewal in this cursed land. No chance of rebirth. Only the pain and desolation of the apocalypse. He cast his mind to the south, to the lush jungle and the toa who had calmed his mind and filled the land with green things. He could feel that place calling him. He could not refuse, for what else was there for him here? He could not remember why he was here. He could not remember why he was sad. He had lost something. But who? What?

What was the answer?

He would not find it here. Scrambling through the hungry mud that sucked at his limbs, he began to desperately lumber south. The battle forgotten, he retreated blindly, his mind full of the paradise of green that lay in the distance. The storm closed around his form again, wreathing him in vapor and rain.


OOC: @pokemonlover360 @~Xemnas~ @Snelly @Toru Nui @BULiK @Void Emissary

 

 

IC: Tuyet | Zakazian Airspace

"Miss... is it safe to fly in there?"

"Probably not."

 

 

IC: Reliable Narrator | The Archives

Tihun moved cautiously forward, the Hydruka's headlamps lighting up this new room. It looked much the same as the last: left in disrepair and disuse, and full of water and algae. Here and there, he could see the picked-clean remains of unknown rahi. Their pearly bones littered the floor; they were all that remained of the Archives' famed exhibits. Claw marks shone silver on the floor, the evidence of some struggle or desperate attempt to flee.

The room's extra-wide doors opened into another corridor. A sign on the far wall gleamed in the lights, and Tihun could make out a new set of directions:

ᴍᴀɪɴᴛᴇɴᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴡɪɴɢ (100ʙ) --->
ᴇxʜɪʙɪᴛ ʜᴀʟʟ 7ᴀ (400ʙ) --->
ᴍᴀᴠʀᴀʜ ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀɪᴀʟ ᴄᴇɴᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏʀ ᴅɪssᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʀᴇsᴇᴀʀᴄʜ (700ʙ) --->
ᴇxʜɪʙɪᴛ ʜᴀʟʟ 7ʙ (300ʙ) <---
ᴇxʜɪʙɪᴛ ʜᴀʟʟ 7ᴄ (1.2ᴋ) <---
ᴇxʜɪʙɪᴛ ʜᴀʟʟ 7ᴅ (1.8ᴋ) <---
ᴇxʜɪʙɪᴛ ʜᴀʟʟ 7ᴇ (2.7ᴋ) <---

As Tihun studied these directions, something began to creep soundlessly out of the elevator shaft behind him, awakened by the flare he had dropped down into the fathomless depths. Its many eyes blinked in succession, squinting in the unfamiliar light.


OOC: @Sparticus147

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Nale Vella - The Taku (Bridge)

The beast--the sorrowful, rain-controlling monster--began to change its direction. Disengaging from its fight with Kilo's mech, it now began to head south. Was this an attempt at escape? Could something as large and powerful as a Tahtorak even feel that sort of desperation?

"It's leaving."

Nale announced the beast's movement while the red warning lights continued to flash.

"I don't think we should follow it," she said to Knichou. "I know that you probably want to, but we're missing a chunk of the ship and we're armed with weapons that can't even hurt it. Unless you want to try our luck with the other one..."

@BULiK

  • Like 3

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
:kaukau:[Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse Profiles]:kaukau:
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC Kilo-M9 NUVA - Area West of Kini-Nui:

Registering Skyra Daring as Ally.

The Riteborn is escaping!

Target will not get far. Swapping to lance launcher.

The mighty war club vanished from Patiwairutiki’s hands, soon replaced by a fearsome projectile weapon. The kaita ACR marched after the storm that surrounded its prey.

Ally Skyra appears proficient with projectile weapons. That will prove useful.

Ally Skyra, this unit will clear the storm,” the mechanical enforcer announced telepathically. “Once a clear visual is present, target the legs. The riteborn must not escape.”

The robotic NUVA began to take hold of its control over air, bolstering it with Skyra’s own abilities. Outside, Patiwairutiki took one hand off its launcher and extended it towards the nearby storm.

Storm clearing gale!”

The mighty storm suddenly appeared to expand, seeming about to consume everyone nearby, only for the fog and rain to move upwards. Howling winds battered away at the unnatural weather event, dissipating any form of cover the tahtorak generated. With its prey visible once more, Patiwairutiki took hold of the lance launcher with both hands. While the machine within concentrated on keeping the wind going, the next step was up to Skyra.

OOC: @Snelly@Eyru@~Xemnas~@BULiK@Tarn and other taku crew.

  • Like 5

I am pokemonlover360, master of hardly ever posting. You might know me from the many posts that I haven't made.
I'm around. If you really need me and I haven't responded quickly, send me a pm.

BZPRPG 2013 Profiles Six Kingdoms Profiles: Kilo-M9 NUVA, Ysocla Naenoic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Viltia - Toa of the Green

Location - Kumu Peninsula

With - Whisper, Korruhn, Stannis, Caedast, Grime, Miserix, Life creation Muaka

 

Viltia turned to the Toa with an Aspect inside, whose arm somehow had an optic on it, “What do you think, Korruhn? Would you like me to stick around as we journey to Kini-Nui? I know the dangers of the Fau Swamp and I could help us avoid them. But if you don’t want me along, we can always meet up later. Either way works for me.

 

OOC: @Crimson Jester and @Unreliable Narrator @Gecko Greavesy @EmperorWhenua

  • Like 2

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IC: Parnassus | The Ambling Alp

"No!" Parnassus screamed. "No!"

This had been their chance. This had been their chance to prove themself a hero to ... to anyone. Or to at least hold a weapon powerful enough to protect themself from the forces that seemed to want them dead. Drukarus, Miserix, the Zivon ... perhaps even Caedast himself.

And there it went, lumbering away.

The rain slackened in its ferocity, giving Parnassus enough slack to slump to their knees. Slowly, they dragged themself back to the gangplank and back into the Alp itself.

"It's leaving," they croaked. "It'll be over soon. And it appears that I can't stay here much longer, either."

OOC: @EmperorWhenua @Eyru @Toru Nui

-Void

  • Like 3

 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...