Describe The Avatar Of The Member Before You!

Ghosthands

The character sounds like they were made for someone's fan fiction,

Wannabe Takanuva.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

The man on the left reminds me of Kevin Malone from The Office. I'm getting more of a Seinfeld vibe from the right side of the picture though.

The character sounds like they were made for someone's fan fiction,

Wannabe Takanuva.

>Not a toa

>Not even the same element

>Not even the same colors

>Literally only similarity is that Soran wears an avohkii-shaped mask. 

>ಠ_ಠ

~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

*cough* Well, I, for one, would like to wager the argument that one would believe your avatar to be Takanuva because of the colors. The distinction between Takanuva's colors for The Mask of Light and your spritial (trademark Gunhaver, 2016) depiction of your character Soran are, indeed, very pronounced. However, the classic depiction of Takanuva, being a Toa of Light and thus his colors and characteristics being based on light colors such as white and gold, does not clash with the colors of that of Soran in his depiction in your avatar to the extent of the previous example. Therefore, due to Takanuva being the only canonical bearer of an Avohkii, thus making him well known to most fans (in this case, "fans" being most users of this site and specific forum), and the difficult distinction between the colors presented, it would be quite difficult to not assume that your avatar was Takanuva without knowing of you and your OC previously. *cough*

Anyway, Soran Takanuva wistfully embraces the summertime blossoms. 

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

That wasn't the point. You know it's Soran because you know of Soran. Had you read that correctly, I explicitly stated that those who didn't know of Soran could easily assume that it was Takanuva.

That Rahkshi may have an overactive salivary gland. Makuta's lost his touch.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

The mask that grants one amazing vision, when in reality wearing that would really restrict it.

*cough* Well, I, for one, would like to wager the argument that one would believe your avatar to be Takanuva because of the colors. The distinction between Takanuva's colors for The Mask of Light and your spritial (trademark Gunhaver, 2016) depiction of your character Soran are, indeed, very pronounced. However, the classic depiction of Takanuva, being a Toa of Light and thus his colors and characteristics being based on light colors such as white and gold, does not clash with the colors of that of Soran in his depiction in your avatar to the extent of the previous example. Therefore, due to Takanuva being the only canonical bearer of an Avohkii, thus making him well known to most fans (in this case, "fans" being most users of this site and specific forum), and the difficult distinction between the colors presented, it would be quite difficult to not assume that your avatar was Takanuva without knowing of you and your OC previously. *cough*

Anyway, Soran Takanuva wistfully embraces the summertime blossoms. 

You're correct that the colors in the avatar at the present time allude to a color that could be misconstrued as gold. That's mainly just because of this specific version of the avatar, this being the summer version (bright colors as opposed to his normal, more obvious orange color which is more evident in the upcoming fall avatar). Your logic is absolutely sound though, there's very little black in the avatar in any of the areas that could suggest a different character aside from Takanuva. The only real indicator to any visual difference is the blue eyes which Takanuva has never had at any point throughout the story but even then it could be interpreted as artistic interpretation. 

The logic ends there though once you take into consideration the application of my signature that overtly shows Soran in all his glory alongside the fact that one of them is even titled, "Soran's Comics" with a picture of the character in question. 

That wasn't the point. You know it's Soran because you know of Soran. Had you read that correctly, I explicitly stated that those who didn't know of Soran could easily assume that it was Takanuva.

You're correct but at the same time, that can be applied to any character. I could make a similar avatar with a Kanohi Kaukau and people can assume it's Gali when in fact it's Hahli as a matoran.

It could even apply to characters that aren't even similar in appearance such as calling a picture of Optimus Prime, "Megatron," or "Autobot." It factors in the same way; due to the limited knowledge a person has of the character/series, they make an assumption. 

An assumption is simply an assumption though, even if it's a common assumption that doesn't mean it's right.

Also: ಠ_ಠ

~Soran

Edited by Soran
soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Takanuva enjoying a peaceful autumn, trying his best not to appear as Soran.

The body makes no sense and it bugs me every time I see it. The front half is facing one way but it looks like the bottom half is facing another; their legs are on backwards. 

~Soran

Yeah, a lot of his profile pics look like that, especially when he draws them.

Trusting the Snake led to the Fall of Soran.

Takanuva enjoying a peaceful autumn, trying his best not to appear as Soran.

Apparently Takanuva got sunburned last summer and put on blue contacts.

~Soran

Edited by Soran