Bionicle Mafia VIII: The Sound of Darkness

Portalfig

98 Hours after Blackout: Midmorning of the Final Day

Woah. Protalgif thought with amazement, I’ve always wanted to be a part of a last minute vote like that. That was pretty cool. Too bad it was all in vain. The Host then phased through the wall, and he stood there among the fast-paced chaos that was taking place. This was it. This is the Endgame, even if the game wasn’t done just yet.

---

The voting was pure, unaltered craziness. Within seconds the little room was filled with the shouts of each Matoran, and it was hard to make out any single voice. Except for one. The musical voice of Lloyd filled the room, momentarily silencing every Matoran. They had just heard the voice of an angel. Or, better yet, a Siren.

“Lotesse gurtha ndengina lle!” Lloyd cried out. “Lotesse gurtha ndengina lle! May Death take you!”

Toarobot found himself moving against his own will, before he could even get a vote in. He stood up, and he turned the Skyblaster that had taken Kamikez’s life towards himself. Everyone else in the room was captivated at the sight of these two white-clad beings standing off across from each other. Lloyd was leaning forward, still yelling those words, while Toarobot stood straight up, fear in his eyes. The torchlight reflected off of their armors, and the feeling of a great conflict surrounded the room. This was legendary, this battle of wills.

Lloyd yelled out with even more force his phrase, and then he backed down a bit and turned his head away, for he was unwilling to watch the gruesome scene. A loud retort once again sang through those dark halls, but this time it was different. This time the blood of a guilty party was spilt as a result.

Toarobot (Follower of Makuta), Killed by Siren.

Toarobot’s body fell to the ground with a mighty crash, but before they could celebrate a bone-chilling screech rent the air in the confined room. Unit sprang forward, and he tackled Lloyd to the ground. The Matoran around him began to stand up to help, but their help was too late.

Unit’s mostly unused and unnoticed tail shot out, and Lloyd’s mask shattered into pieces. His heartlight went dark, and he was gone forever. The Matoran's savior was dead, just like that.

Lloyd: the White Wolf (Siren) Lynched.

The remaining Matoran realized what had just occurred, and they all jumped up and ran to Unit, blood on their mind. They seized his arms, they seized his legs, and then they threw him onto the ground for the execution. Zakaro stepped up to the prone body of Unit, and he grabbed him around the throat and began to squeeze with rage contorting his features.

Unit struggled for a short time, but Zakaro refused to let go. He continued to squeeze, until Pulse cried out into the mob “Zakaro! Look out!”

Unit’s face contorted into a grin for a brief moment, but then with his final motion he stabbed Zakaro in the back with his tail. Zakaro collapsed onto the body of Unit, and with that they both passed away. One innocent and one guilty party, left to the same inglorious death.

Unit#phntk#1 (Follower of Makuta) Lynched.

ZakarOh! (Villager) Lynched.

Miles above them, Iborw rolled over in the Shadowy Chattering Corpse Heap that just so happened to be on fire. A smile crossed his face, and he began to ramble aloud about how it was all because of him. He had been avenged.

Further above even that, Protalgif now stood. The game wasn’t over yet, but it was time to begin preparations for the Staff. His time was coming to an end, and yet he found it so hard to let go. He didn’t have to just yet, but he began to ready his mind and his body for the unwanted occasion.

Night roles do what you have to do. Next scene will be up on Friday.

(Siren: A Vigilante of great magical and musical prowess, the Siren can choose one person a day to kill, and the target dies during that day. The Siren finds that a certain phrase works best, however, and must say it to the player that they want to kill in the topic. The Siren can discuss with the host about what the Phrase is. The victim’s vote no longer counts, and there is no suspect list of any kind.)

That was probably the most blatant attempt at framing someone I've ever seen.

:w:

It wasn't actually a real attempt at framing at all. It was just some useless text to make it harder to see at a quick glance who I'd voted for. Hence the long paragraph with the vote switching in the middle.

Good luck, night killer. If only we had found you earlier, or you had sought out us.

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

Five left... going to be four soon, unfortunately enough.

Taka, Canis, myself, Shadowhawk, and Shadowvezon.

I'm a at a loss as to who the night killer is. Could be any of those four. I know I'm not the night killer so I declare my innocence right now. The medic isn't dead yet either fortunately.

Advice from the dead would be most appreciated. Willing to co-operate with other villagers/medic/zombies.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

iBrow, if you're still wondering how we knew to kill The Lorax, it was this that tipped me off:

It was indeed a secret role, so thank you very much for that, you know who you are. ;)We got one!

Lloyd's public claim to be a villager, which was what I would expect a village-aligned role to do, combined with the information he held and his references to sources he could not reveal, also made me suspicious. I advocated killing him last round, but unfortunately we ended up not going that route. EDIT: Not that the medic wouldn't have been protecting him, but that's another story...Lloyd, around what time did you make the decision to choose me for this round's day killing? We suspected that might happen, but were placing our hopes on you choosing someone else. Then the night killer and I would have killed two more people this round and been in position to win. Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

I say SV. Taka is absolved by her illness, Canis by... I can't remember, I just remember that however it was, I hadn't heard about it, so it could still be him. Shadowhawk is suspicious because of the word shadow in his name, and because of suspicious voting logic. SV, though, it the most suspicious of the three because TR tried to save him. That, of course, could have been a ploy, though.

- :burnmad:

iBrow,

Yes, and Blade figured that would be what Lloyd would do. I was hoping he would go for Vezon since he had the lowest votes. I knew that saving Unit and lynching myself instead would be more likely to work, but that would require the help of the night killer's votes, and would be easy to stop with one additional vote for Unit, hanging all four of us.

I will be kicking myself, though, if my last guess regarding the the night killer was right, and we could have enlisted him in that plan. Of course, given this, "The victim’s vote no longer counts," that plan wouldn't have worked either.

Edited by Toarobot18

nban.jpg

It was obvious that the Lorax was the Detective, I'm just disappointed the Medic didn't do their job from the start.

Additionally, I'd like to publicly thank Blade for preventing you from targeting me last night.

The death of Lorax was my fault; I thought I had informed the Medic of his identity and realized that I had not when Lorax was dead. Major derp moment there. >.<

By the way IBrow: I was right in my suspicions in our PM. :P

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

I said I suspected, but had no proof that toarobot was mafia.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

You know, Tex, you might actually be right. Remember when it was mentioned during narration (I forget the exact scene), something to the effect of that 'little did [the villagers] know that one could be nearly silent and yet an active participant', with regard to the knife-happy night killer. I'm paraphrasing from memory, but that was the gist of it.

Which means... well, actually neither I nor SV nor Pulse nor Taka Nuvia have been all that 'noisy', but Taka Nuvia least of all. Under this reasoning, she could well be the culprit, ill or not.

Alternatively, I strongly suspect SV. He too has been unusually quiet this game, almost to the point that one forgets about him... which is, of course, just what the night killer would want. Additionally, the terms 'shadow' and 'Vezon' in his name add up to 'shadowy insane person'. Did anyone notice that?

Just my two cents. :wakeup:

All right. Well this game is approaching endgame, and if the Night Killer doesn't get me, everyone else will lynch me at the next day. So, I'm gonna just tell you about the letter from the Mafia I've been mentioning. A few days ago, Blade messaged me, working for the Mafia. You see, you lot weren't the only ones who thought I was the Night Killer, the Mafia had come to the same conclusion. So, the Mafia wanted me to help them win. Now, I'm not the Night Killer, despite my uncharacteristic science you've all noticed. Like I said before, I've been busy. So I couldn't help him. He's been in contact, trying to get me to help move votes to certain people. That has no chance of happening now, it's too late, and it'll only further seal my fate. So, that's what the letter was about. If you don't believe me, (and I know you won't) you'll find out when you lynch/murder me. But that's my story.

Oh, BTW, here's the people he wanted lynched: (Shadowhawk, Canis, Pulse) Make of this what you will.

Anyway, you can kill my Matoran avatar off, I'm busy building a pirate ship at the moment.

Edited by ShadowVezon1

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

Well, at least the Medic isn't dead. We can arrange that he or she protects someone innocent like you or me.

Now, I'm not too surprised Blade wanted me lynched. For some reason, possibly purposely, he gave me hints to the identities of his allies. Having me alive meant I'd be able to vote to lynch his allies. I wonder what machinations he had in plan despite being dead.

Actually, given that Shadowhawk, Shadowvezon, and Canis have spoken at least once, I am now very inclined to believe it is Taka. A silent killer is a deadly killer.

Believe me, if I was the killer, I'd imagine more dead people wouldn't have such a pulse in their hearts.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Well, at least the Medic isn't dead. We can arrange that he or she protects someone innocent like you or me.

Now, I'm not too surprised Blade wanted me lynched. For some reason, possibly purposely, he gave me hints to the identities of his allies. Having me alive meant I'd be able to vote to lynch his allies. I wonder what machinations he had in plan despite being dead.

Actually, given that Shadowhawk, Shadowvezon, and Canis have spoken at least once, I am now very inclined to believe it is Taka. A silent killer is a deadly killer.

Believe me, if I was the killer, I'd imagine more dead people wouldn't have such a pulse in their hearts.

Yeah except Taka has spoken too?

- :burnmad:

Pulse: It was random choice, though Lloyd should've been the choice instead, knowing what I know now. >_^Also, I had some interesting ideas for the endgame, but that failed because iBrow decided to play games with me, and yeah.

Pulse: It was random choice, though Lloyd should've been the choice instead, knowing what I know now. >_^Also, I had some interesting ideas for the endgame, but that failed because iBrow decided to play games with me, and yeah.

:D

All right. Well this game is approaching endgame, and if the Night Killer doesn't get me, everyone else will lynch me at the next day. So, I'm gonna just tell you about the letter from the Mafia I've been mentioning. A few days ago, Blade messaged me, working for the Mafia. You see, you lot weren't the only ones who thought I was the Night Killer, the Mafia had come to the same conclusion. So, the Mafia wanted me to help them win. Now, I'm not the Night Killer, despite my uncharacteristic science you've all noticed. Like I said before, I've been busy. So I couldn't help him. He's been in contact, trying to get me to help move votes to certain people. That has no chance of happening now, it's too late, and it'll only further seal my fate. So, that's what the letter was about. If you don't believe me, (and I know you won't) you'll find out when you lynch/murder me. But that's my story.

Oh, BTW, here's the people he wanted lynched: (Shadowhawk, Canis, Pulse) Make of this what you will.

Anyway, you can kill my Matoran avatar off, I'm busy building a pirate ship at the moment.

I'm not so certain you're guilty, unless you are.

Blade... :closedeyes:

What were these?

nban.jpg

Don't you worry, they won't be happening. I made sure of that. =P

EDIT: Oh dear lord. The neutral roles only win with the faction they align themselves with; Lloyd would have/will still technically win if the Village prevails, but since the game is still going, that means the Night Killer has allied themselves with the Mafia.

Which means if the Night Killer DOES win the game, the Mafia wins the game. >.<

Edited by Tex

I'm waiting on a reply to my PM to Portal that should help somewhat.

What PM? I haven't gotten anything from you since Night One or something like that.

>.>

Anyway, I got confirmation and the neutral roles don't HAVE to ally themselves with a specific faction, so there is a chance that the Night Killer is on their own.

Still, I recommend we play it safe and lynch them anyway! :D

Don't you worry, they won't be happening. I made sure of that. =P

EDIT: Oh dear lord. The neutral roles only win with the faction they align themselves with; Lloyd would have/will still technically win if the Village prevails, but since the game is still going, that means the Night Killer has allied themselves with the Mafia.

Which means if the Night Killer DOES win the game, the Mafia wins the game. >.<

The fact that they won't be happening does not satisfy my concern and curiosity.

Yeah, we know. Which is why I pushed so hard for Blade to find him and set up a formal night killer-mafia alliance, with two-way communication.

Also, if the night killer is on his own and kills you all, the village loses equally to the mafia. That will work for me. :D

nban.jpg

Protal, you need to update the first post.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

I MUST START A BANDWAGON!

WE MUST HANG NULL! HANG NULL! HANG NULL! HANG NULL!:P

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

99 Hours after Blackout: Post-midmorning of the Final Day

Six Matoran stood around in the empty room. Five of them were looking at each other with a strange expression of gratitude that they had survived this long and sadness at all the other Matoran who had died in their stead. The other Matoran looked on with another complex emotion on his face. He was both glad to almost be done, and very scared to let go.

Nevertheless, the end was coming, and it was coming fast. Protalgif didn’t have any more time to waste, so he rolled up his imaginary sleeves and got down to business. Little did he know just how disastrous his next actions were going to be.

---

The remaining five got to their feet and began brushing themselves off. Taka Nuvia, Canis, Pulse, ShadowVezon, and Shadowhawk. One of these was the aptly-nicknamed “Night Killer” and the rest were all in his sights. The blood from the recent battle stained the walls, and they left as quickly as they could. In the fight all of their torches had died, so they were left to walk in the dark.

Their goal was still the same place, this generator that Onarax discovered down here. They all grasped hands and stumbled along in the dark, together crawling towards the promise of light. Suddenly, a shriek split the air. Every Matoran covered their ears to protect them, but then it stopped. “Is everyone still here?” Pulse asked into the darkness.

“I’m still here.” Taka Nuvia replied.

Shivering, Shadowvezon replied as well that he was still intact.

Shadowhawk moaned aloud in confirmation, and then there was silence.

“Canis?” Pulse asked, “Are you still alive?”

For a brief moment light filled the room, and then Canis replied with an expected question, considering the circumstances. “Why is there a knife in my chest?”

He removed it with great care, then the sound of the knife hitting stone reverberated throughout the halls, and then it came down to the vote.

Voting ends as soon as everyone left alive votes or in two days, whichever comes first.