Bionicle Mafia VIII: The Sound of Darkness

Portalfig

Let's see in terms of clues right now I see repeated references to fire in Night 2 and Night 3. This night has The X's arm as a torch and the previous location was Ta-Metru. Not to mention the name Bringers of Light could be a reference towards using a torch. In terms of killing methods, I'd imagine Vahkis would be good at killing without leaving a trace due to their Kanoka discs and Staff powers.

Anyhow who was in both those nights and has a connection to fire: TK.

Also indirect killings seem to be something Kapura would pull.

Hence I'm voting ToaKapura

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Something occurred to me--since we're pretty sure there's a recurring Mafian in here somewhere, someone should cross-reference any possible hints in the scenes where they appeared with this one, and see if they're consistent.

Also, now that the Detective's vouched for me, the Medic needs to contact me. I don't know why he hasn't contacted Tex already.

:w:

Any questions you have for the Medic can be given to me and I will pass them on. After this the Medic would be a fool to share their identity with anyone outside of myself.

As per Toa Onarax's splendid cross-referencing and argumentation, as well as per my own personal feelings, I'm going to cast three votes, as follows:First off, ToaKapura1234. Ona's reasoning is perfect. Lynch him.Secondly, Sheogorath. A bit of gut instinct on this one; I just have a good (or bad) feeling about him, and plus, he's not around to defend himself. Lynch him.Thirdly, Toa Onarax. He's trying too hard to be helpful. He's guilty. I wouldn't be surprised if he's double-crossing the Mafia, just to stay alive. Lynch him.Not to mention, all of the above are recurring names on the suspect lists. Lynch them. Lynch them all. :wakeup:

Lloyd is a possible Mafia ally. He is not a member of the Mafia but he was given the Detective's identity before Lorax was killed, and since it's Lloyd, I wouldn't doubt that someone in the Mafia instigated contact with him, especially after one of their own (Blade) was dead and could act as proxy.

Except you're not confirmed. We simply believed you could be trusted, although I was unaware until now that Lorax had shared his role with you.

There's also the fact that you're the only one aside from me that knew of Lorax's role before he died, and you have more motive than I do to get Lorax killed.

(Combined with the fact that I was the one to instigate Blade's death)

I also remember my own game where you were Mafia, but used your reputation to get the village players to trust you... so yeah, I'm thinking that could happen again. =P

you have more motive than I do to get Lorax killed.

What motive would that be? I honestly have no clue what you're talking about.

And yes, I am confirmed, Lorax investigated me Night One. As happens every game. And he found I'm a Villager. So. :P

I also remember my own game where you were Mafia, but used your reputation to get the village players to trust you... so yeah, I'm thinking that could happen again. =P

You're not the only one to remember it. I can assure you that every game since then I have been investigated by the Detective on Round One. It's pretty much impossible for me to be allied with the Mafia without the Detective finding out.

Seriously? "You could have done it" is your logic?

...That's kinda sad. You've not given a motive for me to ally with the Mafia, you've not proven that it could have been a dead player who gave away his role, you've not proven that the role couldn't have been given away by accident, there is basically no grounds to your logic whatsoever.

@ Burnmad: I'm not a role. I'm just a villager. XD

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

No problem. If you punch a hole I can't mend in my argument I'm perfectly willing to revoke my vote; as I said, I'm only mildly confident. XD

• You are on two suspect lists.
  • You're on the first night's suspect list. I find it extremely unlikely that they'd send Kapura two nights in a row unless they wanted to kill him deliberately.
  • I can say for certain that only one of the Mafians has appeared on a suspect list before. So it's either Sheogorath or you.
  • Sheogorath is new, and generally hasn't done much of anything. I suspect he would have had a blunder by now if he was Mafia.

I won't count Sheogorath out, but of the two of you I think you're the most likely.

I disagree on the second point, I'd imagine they could better cover up Kapura's killing two nights in a row by sending him on a night they double kill. That way he's covered up in the slightly longer suspect list.

On the third point how can you say this for certain?

Finally for the fourth point, I personally find that a person not doing much of anything and new might be deemed expendable by the Mafians and hence his kills might be milked until we finally lynch. Of course I also haven't done much of anything until this round so take that as you will.

Also, on an unrelated note, Blade voted for Unit a while ago, so that might clear Unit of suspicion.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

• Perhaps, but I find it unlikely. I've never met a Mafian who did that unless they deliberately wanted said Mafian to die. Yes, there are rare occasions when this helps the Mafia.
  • Sources I can't reveal, sorry. There's additional information I have from them, but to be fair to you I'm not using it in voting. Well, that and because revealing it would give away who my source is.
  • No, the Mafia values every member they have, because numbers are our advantage, not theirs.

Blade voted Unit because I told him to. Although that still doesn't say anything for Unit.

• Perhaps, but I find it unlikely. I've never met a Mafian who did that unless they deliberately wanted said Mafian to die. Yes, there are rare occasions when this helps the Mafia.
  • Sources I can't reveal, sorry. There's additional information I have from them, but to be fair to you I'm not using it in voting. Well, that and because revealing it would give away who my source is.
  • No, the Mafia values every member they have, because numbers are our advantage, not theirs.

You have sources that give you insight into the moves of the Mafia and additional information pertaining to the Mafia - your source must be in contact with the Mafia themselves or a part of the Mafia... either way, you've confirmed that there is a communication link where you could have given Lorax's identity to them.

I'll tell you who it is via PM. If he ends up dead next round I'm blaming you.

P.S. You misconstrue "I can glean tidbits from other people's conversations" as "two-way lossless communication with willing cooperation." You're stretching really hard to make me look guilty, and it's jsut making you look worse.

Edited by Lloyd: the White Wolf

I feel like this is one of those rare occasions considering the modified rules of this game.

I would seriously call into question the validity of those sources, for while I can't technically prove it, you guys will see after I die that I am in fact a Villager.

That is your method of play sure, I've seen some factions pull more risky tactics. Regardless I find it odd that your defense for Sheogarth is that he would make a blunder if he was Mafian, yet you also mention that he's been inactive. Wouldn't being inactive prevent him from blundering since he's essentially just staying quiet.

Also Lloyd, as it seems rather obvious that your intent on killing me and that this is partially formulated via an urging from your sources, I would recommend not revealing any further information to them until after my death. That way you'll be able to see whether your sources or I have been lying. Personally I do believe I can assist the village far more once dead.

I also want to urge people on double hanging TK with me, out of all the clues I've read so far I do believe he has the highest likelihood of being a Mafian.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Oh, there's almost assuredly at least two Mafiosi in there.

As for the secret roles, I'd think at least one would be pro-village, and we wouldn't want to hang him... but I don't know just how evil Portal is yet, so I could be wrong. =P

- :burnmad:

There is a day killer that I already convinced to kill off Blade, and a night killer (I do not know how the night killer functions as of yet). Neutral parties can align themselves with either the village or the anti-town though, and then they win with that faction.

So one being pro-village is, for the village, a matter of luck.

Wouldn't be surprised if night killer is with the mafia, as they've only killed villagers.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

asdfjasf;s Sorry guys I haven't been on at all since I posted the scene because I had a friend over. D=

Lloyd: Yeah, I have been trying to make the clues less stupidly hard recently. The first scenes clues takes like, 17 steps to get to and it is really overkill. =P

Give me a few minutes and I will post the current voting standings.

Lloyd: The White Wolf: 1

Sheogorath: 4

Taka Nuvia: 0

Pulse: 1

ToaKapura1234: 3

Valendale: 1

Toa Onarax: 3

Unit#phntk#1: 1

ShadowVezon1: 0

Shadowhawk: 0

On top of that, it has come to my attention that I didn't clarify that I was just going to hang the three people with the most votes. If you guys don't think that is a good idea, and that I should split it up, I guess you can tell me to fix it?

Edited by Protalgif

I think the current three with the most votes are fine anyway. I mean, TK still hasn't restarted his game, Sheogorath's death will prove whether sources are correct, and Onarax is similar to Ora if you take the first three letters and swap the n, so that works out fine.