Marvel, Rebirth:

John Harken- Team Sneaky Monkey

IC: "The Doctor? Who is he?"

It was not hard to determine that the Doctor of some importance. That range could vary from the person in charge of this Aella to the one in charge of all research in the facility. It would be best to try and find out.

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Staff IC:

"He's the doctor...he's always been there...he'd made me fight things...put needles in me...and then make me go asleep. I hate him...it's why I punched him in the face...he didn't like that very much...so he beat me, put me into this suit...and locked me away. Then I woke up and all the rooms were dark like they are now..." 

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: The Agent's face darkened at Aellatwo's story. It sounded like what he expected from Hydra but that hardly made it any better. He was also starting to get a bad feeling about the suit. It was likely that it was some form of control unit, made to force her in to doing whatever Hydra felt like.

"Do you have any idea where the computers are?"

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: "If you could that would be great, just give us a moment to get ready." Turning to the rest of the team he continued talking. "Jennifer, how is Krystal doing? Also, could somebody do a scan of our new friend here's suit? I want to know if Hydra has any surprises tucked away in it."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC: Jennifer

Jennifer looked at Krystal and nodded. "Take it easy for a few minutes Krystal." She watched what was happening with the girl with surprising interest. This wasn't at all what she expected to happen.

"She's doing fine," Jennifer said to John. "If she can get us to the computers I can extract any date that Hydra hasn't purged or hidden away." She then turned towards the girl and took a step forward.

"I can take a look at it, yeah."

IC: Kane

Kane who was currently standing next to an obviously at a loss for words Aleks; looked at Sierra and lifted his hand when the girl looked like she was about to pounce onto Christine, it was easy to read the feral look on her face.

"I wouldn't do that it I was you little missy." Kane said as flames began to dance over the flesh of his hand.

"Not unless you like your meat extra crispy."

Edited by Flex Till Death

IC: "Please do so then, I want to get moving before Hydra decides to send something else our way."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"Just your armor, nothing serious. John wants to know what it can do and if its a threat." Jennifer said before pulling out a small scanner. It was a piece of technology she kept with her from her days working with SWORD. The little device could scan almost any piece of technology and reveal a good deal of logistics and data about it. She pressed the button and a small red field was emitted from the end of the device, she began sweeping it up and down across the armor. 

"Shouldn't take too long to get a read..."

OOC: Snelly can you PM me with what she'll get from the scan?

IC:

Jennifer raised a brow as the girl touched the device it was only a second later that it turned off. "I got a reading." Jennifer looked up.

"The suit seems to be pretty unique, the scans show possible Stark technology used in its creation, its also hinting at alien technology as well. HYDRA's mark is all over the suit of course. It seems the entire suit is powered by her own body, and it seems to actually built into her, its a part of her. It connects to her organs even. I don't think she can take it off with out surgery, and she might die if its removed. The scan showed no signs for a kill switch or a device that HYDRA can control her with remotely but either of those could be hidden, there is a lot going on with this suit."

"That's the best I can do I'm afraid." she said as she tucked her scanner away.

IC: "It will have to do. Somebody help Krystal up and lets get moving. Wind Lady, please show us the way to the computers."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

Staff IC: 

It took her a moment to register that she was the 'Wind Lady'. "Okay." She stood up, and started moving down the corridor, she glanced back a couple times to make sure the agents were following. 

Edited by Princess Anna of Arendelle

IC:

"Krystal is already on her feet," Jennifer said as she pushed up her glasses. "You need some help walking did you break anything or are you okay?" Jennifer asked, getting a bit apprehensive that they'd stayed in the same spot for too long. 

IC:

Kane blinked as the bat-wings tore out of the girl and then wrapped around her. "I won't do anything as long as you don't touch Christine here, she's my friend and I don't let my friends get jumped, especially when they are going through something like she is."

IC:

"Don't hurt her Kane... she can't control it."

IC

Lilliana smiled as she walked through the mall, popping into stores at her leisure. Being on her own in a place like this soothed the mutant as she casually browesed different stores. Nothing... Unless that idiot decided to do something, well idiotic, this would be a nice day for once.

This mentality went on, especially when she ended up in Forever 21, browsing for crop tops. To be honest, the idea to buy her dress had sort of gone to the back of her mind.

IC:

"Yes, as you keep reminding me," John sighed when Daken pointed out yet again the toll his torture had done to John's physical looks, even with his healing factor. I feel like he takes pride in what he did to me... like he wanted to beat the pretty out of me. John thought inwardly as he walked with Daken to the car.

"Yeah I like rap but I can listen to metal too." John said as he slid inside. He had to shake his head and chuckle as Daken stalked up the car before getting inside. John accepted the gum before popping it into his mouth and chewing.

"A lot of me could use all the help it can get." John said. He hated to admit but the thought of getting some new, fresh clothes sounded actually really... nice. Especially after all the ###### John had been through recently.

IC:

Daken didn't respond to that, but the car did, revving to life with a low, menacing purr. He ran his hand through his mohawk and then hit the button to retract the sunroof; a glass panel slid quietly away from the car's top, wide enough for one of them to stick their head and shoulders through it. The parking garage's air seeped into the car, cool against their heads and arms. Akihiro signalled to John's seat belt.

"Put it on. If we get in a collision, your healing factor might not be enough to keep you alive when you go through the windshield." To prove his point, the Dark Avenger put his head back against the headrest and his foot to the gas pedal, eyes closed serenely while the car hurtled towards one of the barriers. He could hear John's breathing get louder and listened to the sound of his little brother fidgeting while the car reached 10 MPH...15...20...and then braked hard. John's head nearly smashed into the dashboard; Daken didn't twitch.

"Put on your seatbelt." This time, there was no delay.

After that little misadventure, the brothers' trip to the Palisades Mall was rather uneventful, largely broken up by rap music - which Daken alternated between liking vaguely and wanting to put his wrist claw through the car stereo; John was the one who would point out what's good and what wasn't - and Daken casually asking John if he should try to run any other drivers off the road for fun. Miraculously, they pulled off the highway and ran the circular road leading up to Palisades without any casualties, and maneuvered through the packed full parking lot of the mall and into the parking garage. There was an elevator about twenty yards away from where they parked, so getting up to the mall proper from there was no problem.

"Welcome to the land of enchantment, John. Just wait. By the time we leave, you'll have eaten the best sandwich of your life, gotten a few new phone numbers, and you'll walk into so many clothing stores that it's impossible to not end up looking like Yves Saint Laurent. Or RuPaul."

-Tyler

Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Krystal

"I can walk. I tend to recover rather quickly." Krystal said as she began to follow the strange Aella clone. She was still quite wary of the girl, who while seemed quiet innocent, was probably not stable in the least. 

IC:

With Romulus and Lacey in the car, sharing briefings and news from across the world, the drive from the airport to Hellfire felt shorter than the trip vice versa.

When he felt the car slowing, Alaric Carlisle idly checked his phone and saw Lynae's new message. He sat up a little straighter in the backseat and rolled his eyes, texting back a We knitting something? Are you inviting me to a book club? I have to warn you, I still haven't gotten past Chapter 4 of Water for Elephants. He smiled, but the expression broke in mild epiphany when he remembered he wanted to ask Romulus about the Legion and whatever was happening on Genosha - but, with an incredulous blink, Ric saw that the Imperator was gone. Lacey, too. He was leaning against the elevator panel in the lobby of Hellfire, with the secretary staring doe-eyed at him as if he'd been there the whole time. The down arrow clinked softly.

He blinked again. His phone was still in his hand. The down arrow clinked again on the panel, and Ric pulled out his phone. 

"Imperator. I was wondering where you went off to for...yeah." Romulus reminded Ric that they'd walked in together and he had business with 'Miss Rosewood' while he went off to arrange his office. Then, a little skeptically, he asked if Alaric was alright. I don't remember any of that , he wanted to say, but what he said again was, "No, I just wanted to make sure. We still had one more thing to discuss before the gala, I'd just forgotten in the car...no, the elevator's here. We'll talk soon. Yes. Bye."

When he got in the elevator, and the doors slid closed behind him, Alaric sighed and set his forehead against the cool metal. The elevator didn't mind; it carried him up to Lynae's floor without a noise of complaint. Thankfully, when the doors opened, they were on Lynae's floor. Right where he was supposed to be, not a second unaccounted for. Shaking his head, he wondered how much sleep he'd let himself have. 

"Lynae?" Alaric called out, cupping a hand around one side of his mouth. "Sweetheart, I'm home!" Then he looked down to the seat in front of the coffee table, and saw the blood trail.

Needle and thread. Ric laughed to himself darkly.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

"Did you get the needle and thread?" Lynae called out loudly, moving to turn and see Ric but groaning and returned to her position. "Please tell me you brought it..." She said softly, reaching out a bloodied hand to Ric.

IC:

"You look half-dead," Alaric deadpanned. He went to say that no, I didn't bring any needle and thread, but a prick in the back pocket of his blood-red jeans seemed to say Nope, wrong again, Ric. He pulled out the sewing materials and examined the thread, doing as good a job as he could of hiding his discomfort.

"Let's see...what color do you want your stitches?" he asked. "You can get fluorescent pink...ooh, fluorescent green...you could get black, you're Black Queen, that's ironic...I think..."

-Tyler

Edited by Brooklyn Pace-Carlisle

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

"Okay, Alanis Morissette... Give me the black." She said softly before moving her mostly clean hand to touch his arm.

"...What's wrong? You... Seem off." The vampire said gently, her bright blue eyes staring into his own deeply, almost as she saw through him.

IC:

"Who, me? Nah, I'm bitchin'. Slipped into a bit of a food coma in the limo bringing Romulus back from the airport," Alaric said, so effortlessly that he thought about it in his head for a second and decided that was the case. "All those pancakes plus civil war briefings from the Third World? Snooze."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

"... It's your memory... Isn't it? Like what we talked about on our date." Lynae said, seeing through his excuse. "Go sit down... I'll patch myself up and you can tell me about what's happening. And none of this 'food coma' bull ####."

IC:

"You're speaking as someone who keeps dodging out on trying one or two of my pancakes," Ric grumbled, but he kicked back on Lynae's couch - one of the decidedly non-bloody ones - and reclined lazily, kicking his boots off for the sake of politeness. "Fine. I looked up from my phone and I'd walked about fifty feet that I didn't remember walking. What about it? Happens to everyone. I probably looked down at my phone and got sidetracked with how clever I am. You're the one with the stab wound."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

"... The guy struggled a lot. I'll be ok." She said as she threaded the the needle. She lifted her dress, frowning at the pain and the look at the wound. "Egh... Luckily everything inside will heal once this is fixed." Lynae stated optimistically, slowly starting to sew herself up.

"And by the way, Alaric, that isn't normal." She said softly. "... I'm worried about you." The vampire whispered as she looked up momentarily from her sewing.

IC: Still clutching Vivus, Persephone rolled along the ground to put the rolled tank in between them and the still mobile one.

"Your jetpack should still be functional. It's something your wearing not part of your systems," she said. "Just heads up."

"Heads up for wha-aaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Persephone had taken to the air, leaping into flight with no warning. But since carrying Vivus made them too large a target she had to throw him from her grip while still on an upwards incline. She continued up, but Vivis went a little bit more...sideways. She really really hoped his jetpack was still actually working...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"You know, far be it from me to pick apart the nuances of your diet - I mean, senior year all i ate were potato chips and Tali Relo - but...you might want to start eating people with cutlery, instead of trying to attack people, you know...with cutlery." He gestured at the stab wound and leaned his head back against the chair. "I feel great. Don't worry about it; keep your eyes on your stomach, go with the grain and not against it, Lynae. Do you even know how to knit? Beeteedubs - that means by the way these days - Romulus says hi."

"..."

Lynae rolled her eyes and, with an effort, managed to turn the chair away from him as she finished sewing herself up.

"It's polite to say hi baaa-a-aack," Ric reminded her, as though he were any person to be lecturing her on social graces while he Tweeted from her loveseat.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

"Oh well I am soooorry! I am so sorry I'm not in a joking mood because there's a whole in my stomach!" She said angrily as she rose quickly, groaning and holding her stomach as she did so.

"#### that hurt." She mumbled as she went to walk out of the room.

IC (Romulus)

Romulus sat at his desk, hands folded and gaze locked onto the documents before him. It had been an interesting experience, returning to the city. Not the least because of actions Alaric had taken whilst he was away. Romulus smiled to himself. Oh, this was going to be an even more interesting century then he had expected. Always nice, to find an equal in the field of politics. He wouldn't be underestimating Alaric again.

He began to shuffle through the documents before him, there were still a few african matters to settle after all...

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC

"I know how to knit!" She yelled angrily before slamming the door to her study shut. She managed to reach her old leather chair and collapsed into it, slamming her head on her desk as she bit her lip. Why was she being like this?

Ic:

Suddenly, it felt like someone was nearby Lilliana. Someone who smelled like they had accidentally wandered into an Abcrocrombie and hadn't noticed the smell until it was too late.

"... Excuse me..." Kristen whispered, glancing around awkwardly, "but- do you think you have something that can like, get rid of this perfume-stuff that got on me...? I smell like..."

She paused, trying to figure out her thoughts so she didn't come off as a complete psychopath to Lilliana, "... Like, someone took axe-spray, mixed it with some strong flowers, and decided to share it with everyone."

Staff IC: 

She guided Team Sneaky Monkey through corridors, flights of stairs, more corridors...the place was quite a maze, thankfully enough they hadn't run into any HYDRA soldiers...that were alive. Either the majority of them were busy combating the SHIELD agents outside the base, or they were already dead. The girl was the likely reason, but she didn't say one way or the other.

Eventually she stopped at a large doorway, it was sealed completely by a reinforced door, with a fingerprint scanner and keypad on the side of it. Clearly someone didn't want anyone to enter. 

"This is it...where they keep all the computer stuff..." Her voice was quiet, like she wasn't happy to be there. "...he keeps all the needles and nasty things in there too..." 

IC Reyson

"Uh, sir?"

Reyson did a double take at his computer before turning to his attendant with an inreasingly concerned look. "Is this about..." He trailed as his hand hovered over the alarm. He wanted to make sure he wasn't seeing things first. The voices were really acting up today.

"Sir, if you're talking about Teams E through I stopping for over two minutes, then yes. Why haven't you sounded the-"

Reysin's hand went down on the silent alarm. Axross the base, all remaining troops were noticed that something was wrong, but no public siren was triggered. "Check the video feed... I don't remember them being assigned to here," Reyson remarked, looking at the images of Team Sneaky Monkey on the screen. "Wait, is one of the..." A second silent alarm went off, but Reyson still refrained from sounding the sirens.

NPC Tank

The tank attempted to turn around its rolled over companion, before stopping and firing at it, hoping to blow it up. The remaining crew sprinted away, some not stopping, others turning around and opening fire at the androids.

IC Tokiomi

Tokiomi remained silent, looking first at the girl, then at the door, then at the girl, then at Harken.

Edited by Last Son Amakusa

IC: "Alright people, lets get working. Hackers get working on the door while the rest of us stay on overwatch. Once it is open I will go through first to make sure we don't die instantly. Once I give the all clear the hckers will get working on the computers immediately while the rest of us keep unwanted visitors off their backs."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1