Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: Tokiomi/Vincent

"Unng..."

As Tokiomi didn't have the advantage of Harken's kinetic energy redirection or Jennifer's alien physiology, he got the full brunt of the explosive force. As such, he had taken the longest to recuperate and get back up; the backplate of his vest likely needed a readjustment at the very least.

Something wasn't quite right though.

"bbbababa-UWWAAAAAAHG??!! T-t-t-t-this... W-w-what happ-p-p-pened?!" 

If Harken and the others bothered to look, Tokiomi-or rather, Vincent-had suddenly started hyperventilating, leaning on the wall for support. While he did just have an Iron Man suit blow up in his face, the reaction wasn't what anybody would have expected from the normally stoic agent. "W-w-w-where did he g-go...?" 

Fury was probably the only one present who knew what was going on. Namely, the original occupant of the body, the officially deceased agent Vincent Zai, had suddenly and unwillingly regained control of his body. While he had anticipated this happening, it was still quite shocking, especially due to the fact that it had occurred in the middle of combat. Tokiomi needed to come back, now.

"I-I-I... Deep breath in... Deep breath..out."

Tokiomi silently picked up his gun and slowly started following Harken to the medbay.

"I... may need... rest. Yes... but, later... Should have anticipated... head trauma... would cause switch... Also... Multiple lace... Lacerations..."

Edited by namcurtsnoC

IC: Persephone nodded at Hill before marching double time back to her little workshop slash armoury. Most of her bulky heavy weapons suit was no good for a brawl in the sky, the HYDRA tanks had mashed the integrity of the armour up good, but she could still make use of the equipment in the arms. Just detach it from the suit and strap it on, she could still link herself up with it that way. One of the benefits of being all robot.

She unveiled her primary armour, the lighter plates sliding out from seals in her false skin until they enveloped her in steel. She could unbolt the arms of her heavier suit by hand that way, her metal fingers as good as any wrench but twice as dextrous. After that she pulled on the weaponry like the weirdest and most heavily armed sleeves in the world. Feeling her circuity merge with a tinging sensation she charged off to one of the hangar bays, launching herself out into the air with no fanfare.

The problems with thinner air she had mentioned to Hill didn't hold true for her own flight, since she was using electromagnetic fields rather than kinetic energy to move herself along. So she was hoping she had the advantage of manoeuvrability, especially over these more sizeable enemies. 

As she flew closer to the enemy droids she opened fire with a salvo of magnetic blasts. She wanted to see how the helibusters reacted, whether they just took the brunt of the attack head on, whether they dodged and how well they managed it, whether the blasts disrupted any radio-communication they were being ordered by and so on. Of course if they did just get smashed to pieces by the concussive force of her blasts that would be good too. Would take the fun out of it a little but results were results...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC (Remus)

"Evolution is one word for it. Slaughter another. When that much celebrated villain, Columbus, came to the shores of these continents, he worked the Arawak tribe to death searching for bits of shiny rock." Remus waved at the towering monuments to ambition and greed once more. "I may tell you tales of battle. I may not. Knowledge is often regarded as something to be handed out on a whim, But when that knowledge is how, precisely, to kill a man with a rusted trench shovel, some gate-keeping is necessary. Tell me then, what is the difference between a pirate and an emperor?" 

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC:

Jonathan was silent for a few moments. It wasn’t surprising such a question made him uncomfortable. He just hoped Dallas hadn’t come to finish what he’d started, or Card for that matter, misguided her hatred for him was.

“I’m a bit confused on why she needs to ask me that,” Wolf said as he glanced at Kristen. “I mean you nearly turned me to dust earlier that would do it.”

“But if you insist then decapitation, shot to the head, burning alive, missile launcher, anything really that a normal guy couldn’t heal from, we just do it a little bit faster.” Jonathan stated.

“Take it you’re going to hunt the other John down and kill him then, I suppose he does deserve it.”

IC:

Jennifer nodded at Fury before following Harken towards the med bay. “Well that’s good if he thinks they will stay on the outside. After we patch you up think we should go top-side and try and take some more down? Maybe there are some turrets or something we could procure.”

IC:

“A pirate plunders and steals from others. An Emperor governs a people, wages war and often times conquer other nations.” Kane said.

John Harken- SHIELD Helicarrier

IC: Harken gave Jennifer a sidelong loo.

"My hand is missing. You don't just get something like that bandaged up and then forget it ever happened. You guys can go out there again if the medical staff give the okay. I'm going to be watching on the security cameras and making sure nothing sneaks up on you."

Edited by Silvan Haven

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"You're right I'm sorry, how insensitive of me." Jennifer glanced at his hand and then wish she hadn't.

"Won't be the same up there without you, and I'm worried we might get overrun but with you watching the free maybe we will have a chance."

IC:

John raised a metal hand in a half wave as Card skipped away.

"Uh, alright. Have fun. I'll be around."

IC:

Daken looked over at Nate sidelong and tousled his coffee-black mohawk with one hand lazily. "Cutoff's when we finish off those three little quadrants in the snack tray and there's only barbeque left."

Nate raised an eyebrow. Daken grinned again and reached out with his arm slowly...slowly...slowly... and then wrapped it around the archer's shoulders. 

"Take a chip. Take two. Take a handful, Christ. Nobody else is eating them."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"What?" Daken crunched on a chip, looking amused at Nate's stare. "Cute guy can't just want to invite another cute guy up to his room for a boy's night without strings? You think I'm always doom-and-gloom innuendo monster who goes throwing job applicants out of windows? I have hobbies, you know - and friends." He pensively ate another two chips before wryly adding "Sounds kind of pathetic when I have to insist it like that."

Akihiro rolled his eyes again and reached for the remote with his free hand, turning on closed captions with a finger and letting his head fall back into the couch. 

"I hate pregame shows," he confided. "I don't like making much pretense of it. Set the game up, get it going, and I can put up with a few commercials. To watch all these washed up quarterbacks talk about how they'd run the plays...yeesh. Bugs me." The smile he gave Nate was nothing less than sharp, knowingly alluring. "But it gives us time to talk, at least."

-Tyler

Edited by Parks and Rekt

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Staff IC: 

The battle in the skies raged on, the smaller drones still swarming around the helicarrier were difficult targets indeed. Several of the carrier's AA cannons now were re aimed for the three armored monstrosities making a beeline for the carrier, which was a wise course of action. As the cannons bombarded them they took evasive maneuvers, as two of the armors moved closer together, leaving the third one directly behind them. They were taking the brunt of the damage while the third one remained undamaged. The smaller drones began to swarm around the larger drones as well, becoming addition protection for the larger drones. 

The drones were falling one by one, two of the larger armors were becoming more and more disfigured as the blasts bent their armor in all sorts of shapes, but they were steadily getting closer to the helicarrier. It looked like they were going to crash right into the carrier. 

Then one of the larger drones exploded, damaging the one next to it and sending many of the smaller drones into flying pieces, it began to rain metal and fire upon the carrier. 

Then the third drone crashed onto the landing pad...it was now on the carrier. It fired a unibeam from one of it's massive gauntlets, tearing through a nearby AA cannon. It started marching on foot in the direction of the operations center of the carrier. 

Edited by Skitty

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

Aleksandr's eyes flicked back over to Lilliana and his brow creased slightly. One hand dropped from the air in front of his face down to the armrest.

"Your memories," he repeated dubiously.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

Daken smiled and rolled his eyes behind closed lids, tilting his head back up at the ceiling. 

"I just want to get to know you, Nate. And see if there's anything you wanted to know about me. Game doesn't start for another twenty. Shoot first."

IC:

Aleks clenched his teeth behind a stoic mouth, nodding to himself in realization.

"Weapon-X," he repeated dubiously. "Well. You're far from the only one here. How long were you...?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"Oh," Nicole blinked. "We'll I've only been here for about a year!" she smiled. "So that's why I wouldn't know. Chin up and don't look too sad. You can do lots of fun things now, okay?"

IC:

Jennifer froze as she watched a screen-attatched to a pillar along the metal-hallway showing a live feed of the attack. She stared in horror as the massive remaining drone paved a path of destruction across the landing-zone. The felt the entire ship tremble as his repulsors tore into the deck.

"My god Harken... how do we kill that thing?" Jennifer said. "I'm thinking my explosive rounds might come in handy after all... the only thing is I think I'd prefer to have a few bazooka's or some missle launchers." her yellow eyes flashed behind her cracked glasses before she tucked away a strand of blue hair. It had been constant fight after fight the past couple days for her, and she'd been in her true mutant form longer then she'd ever had before. She felt somehow more comfortable to be herself with SHIELD then she had in her past working for SWORD.

She just wished there was a chance she could call SWORD to get some fighters down here for backup, but since she was no longer apart of them she was afraid it would be impossible.

"The worst part is it looks like its heading towards the bridge."

Edited by Flex Likes Groot

IC: No time for subtlety. That thing was big, it was tough and it was going straight for the nerve centre of the helicarrier. She didn't have time to try out fancy tactics or to test the capabilities of the metal juggernaut, it just needed to be stopped. And stopped now

Options were limited. She didn't have enough power to put behind her energy blasts, either plasma or magnetic, to punch holes through it, and while her maser probably could cut through its armour it would take time. Grapnel was out as well, it looked strong enough to be able to snap the line or just drag her along. She had replaced some of her micromissiles but probably best not to use those while it was standing on the helicarrier.

So. Only really one thing she could do. 

Taking up an aerial position behind the helibuster drone, she kicked her forcefield up into gear. She poured as much power as she could into it but kept it small, an almost conical shield around her feet and legs. Then she pointed those feet and their energy shield cladding at the back of the drone's right knee...and flew right at it like a bullet. 

Knees were always weak points, even on something as armoured as this helibuster. Possibly even especially on the helibuster as its greater weight meant there'd be more pressure on the joint, and it would need to have more gears and pistons and the like to keep it functioning. And unlike the dense armour that covered the rest of it, gears and pistons could be smashed fairly easily.

Well, that was the idea anyway. Take out one of its legs to force it into either crawling or flying. The first would slow it down, the second would require it to use one of the repulsors in its hands as a flight stabiliser, thus taking away some of its firepower. Persephone was really really hoping it worked, because this was going to be mighty painful and mighty stupid if it didn't...

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: A soldier in black combat armor rushed on to the deck of the Helicarrier, clicking the faceshield on his helmet down as he did, laser blade appearing in his other hand. Alarms were flashing everywhere in his HUD, all highlighting the Omnibeam currently tearing toward the bridge of the helicarrier. The THUNDER mech was still in the repair shop from where Agent Lowell had broken it.

Looked like Paladin was going to have to hope his shield could take hits from something of that power.

"Agent Harken, McCoy. Paladin reporting as reinforcements."

IC: Nate

"I want to know the origin of the, uh..."

Nate gestured at Daken's mohawk.

IC: ???

A few small insects landed on the surface of the Helicarrier, inconsequential to any of the SHIELD operatives. They were, after all, fighting for their lives.

And all the bees were doing was watching.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC mobile, no formatting. Capital letters are Vincent's influence.

IC Tokiomi/VINCENT

"TsSK..."

The agent, now with both minds awake, watched the screen alongside Jennifer. "We... NOt pREPareD... WhAt caN we... Do?" They were really dizzy front that explosion; if the situation wasn't as dire, they would be heading straight for the medbay and finding nice comfy bed... Nice comfy bed...

Sparing a glance at the newcomer (Paladin), they silently nodded.

Edited by namcurtsnoC

John Harken- SHIELD Helicarrier

IC: Harken only glanced at the screen as he walked down the hallway. He could feel the adrenalin rush starting to wear off. The pain from his hand was starting to come to the fore.

"It looks like Persephone has the right idea. After you get checked over at the medbay head to an armory and get some heavier weaponry before going to help."

Keying his radio, Harken responded to the newcomer.

"Glad you could join us Paladin. My team and I are heading to the medbay currently. If you could stop that drone it would be appreciated."

"I serve the weak. I serve the helpless. I am their sword and their shield. If you want to strike at them, you must go through me, and I am not so easily moved."

zsUPm2E.jpg?1

IC:

"We can use any help we can get, glad to see we arne't alone in this Paladin." Jen said over radio before nodding. "Right, you'll have to be my extra set of eyes while I'm out there, I don't want to get fried."

She noticed Harken was looking worse and worse. "Let's get you to the med-bay quick, it shouldn't be too far down the hall."

IC:

Mild surprise burned beneath Daken's smoke-grey eyes, and he tousled his mohawk again with new vigor, almost as though his previous flirtations with his hair had been nothing more than subconscious. Then he looked back at Nate with a you sure? expression; when the archer smirked again, Akihiro quietly rued the lengths he'd go to for a cute guy and sighed.

"1985. The last Black Flag show I ever went to, I had too many cheap beers for even my healing factor to cope with. Woke up in a dirty, sweaty white t-shirt, black nail polish, a raging headache...and I could feel breeze on my scalp. It started to grow back a couple months later, but I'd kind of gotten accustomed to it. Looked good with a suit. Made a statement. Flirted with it on and off until around '89, and after that? Never looked back."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

Dr Thomas smiled, half-amused, half secretly exasperated. Did any actual learning get done at this school?

"There are classes every day, but attendance is mostly voluntary. As long as you learn something, you're doing alright."

IC

What's a lonely kinetopath to do while he's waiting for someone he doesn't like to tell him they're off to do something he won't want to do?

Snapchat. Obviously.

Rene snapped a pic of a nearby truck tire, and captioned it you busy 2night

Send.

IC:

Dallas had stopped off in the cafeteria to grab a quick hot dog before going out to New York again - he was in the middle of snapping a picture when he looked up and saw Peter Tyrell, polishing off an apple like the boring little engineer monkey from the future that he was. He put the hot dog in his mouth, looked up with his newly freed hands, and discreetly snapped a picture of the teacher.

Not much, headed back to New York. We're huntin' Howletts

To top off the modernist masterpiece, he drew a series of dancing phalluses around Peter before sending the Snapchat back.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC

"I can't imagine why I'd think this, but I think botany's a good fit for you."

IC

Rene stifled a giggle at Dal's snap. He remembered that teacher, though he'd never taken any of his classes. Come to think of it, that could be said about most of the teachers (he wasn't exactly the studying type).

He sent back a picture of his own face, red scrawled all over, with a some black eyes and teeth added in on top.

watch out for those evil howletts

IC:

Jinkies!

A crippling flash of indigo, so violescent in hue it made Dal's throat catch.

Snapped a picture of himself, pouting, to take the edge off. 

Miss you.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME