Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: Ashley

"Alrighty! Now we just have to get home!" The group began heading back toward the mansion, Ashley was content to hug Dallas' arm on the way.

IC: Jeffery

Jeff's peaceful slumber was interrupted as something rolled on top of him, he groaned, pushing Gabriel back off of him. He quickly sat up, it appeared to be morning.

"Okay look you're gonna have to go ba-" Jeff stopped, clearing his throat. His voice was still high pitched...

"Gabe..." Jess said slowly, barely containing her annoyance. "Did you turn me back into a girl while I was sleeping?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

"It's okay! Don't worry about it! That's what the janitor gets paid for!"

IC: 'Jess'

"I was hoping you could tell me that!" Jess practically shouted, then her eyes widened. "W-Wait...so you didn't do this to me in my sleep?" Jess' heart practically leaped out of her body, why hadn't she changed back?

"Turn me into a guy, right now."

IC:

"He's about the only staff member who does what he's paid for."

IC:

Alaric slipped to the front of the trio and quietly explained their reservations and the need for relative quiet away from most people. Business ventures and all, he was sure he could count on a bit of discretion from this establishment. After a few more quiet words he turned back to Lynae and Romulus with an easy smile.

They were led to a pleasant little terrace with a view of the skyline that would have been more pleasant if a third of it didn't resemble metropolitan scar tissue. "Shame."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Romulus)

"There is a certain forlorn beauty to it, I admit. Undeniably tragic however, it is always so when a great city is ravaged." Romulus looked uncharacteristically solemn. “Though at least New York remains standing. The same cannot be said for many cities. A few though…well, they have the spirit needed to endure.” Romulus grimaced. “Though I would need a few more centuries to make a reasonable guess on New York’s endurance.”

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Jeff sighed, glad to be his old self again. Still, the question as to why he'd still been a girl when he woke up was unanswered.

"You must have triggered your powers in your sleep or something." That was the only explanation Jeff could think of.

"Well, I don't know about bones, but he's had to clean all sorts of things over the years, it can get dangerous even! Like the time we had mutant rats infest the school! They'd hide under your bed for months before they decided to strike!"

Edited by Yoko Littner

IC: Lynae

"Speaking of New York," the vampire smiled a bit at the two men as she spoke, "we will make it a charity ball for New York. We will have a silent auction and other activities and all proceeds will go to rebuilding the city." She then grinned. "And of course... I will be recruiting."

Nicole had followed Lynae as she had slipped away. She'd found herself in a hallways with Romulus, Lynae and now Annie. Nicole felt Annie push her forward as she began to speak to her.

"Well, I sort of hit Dallas in the head with a bottle, captured him and took him here." there was no sugar coating what she'd done, best to lay her cards on the table.

Ic: "But why would you bring him here?" Anberlyn asked as she walked. "What sort of juvenile inclination inspire you to think that bringing that boy to this club would bring about any good fruit?"

Edited by Daenerys Targaryen

IC:

"He's about the only staff member who does what he's paid for."

Morrison, from his current position still in Dallas's arms (partially because his tail was accidentally being held by Ashley and so he couldn't really jump away) would've laughed, if he wasn't currently a Hokkaido fox. From what he'd seen, heard, or felt at the school, he knew it was true.

The headmaster, meanwhile...

The fox wiggled his tail slightly, to let Ashley know she currently held it along with Dallas's arm.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Romulus)

“A charity ball? How interesting.” Romulus felt age-old mental machinery come to life, calculating all the possible results and benefits of such an action. Outwardly, he smiled slightly. “I can’t imagine that such a thing could do anything but help the images of our members, they’ll certainly be pleased.” Just the tip of the iceberg really, the reputation boost that they would enjoy were an obvious result, there would of course, be the chance to wine and dine with other wealthy interests, feel the general political pulse of the elite and so on and so forth, listing everything would take most of dinner. Best leave that for the lulls in the conversation.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Lynae

"Of course... Plus I've already donated a large sum of money to the cause and adding more will just make us better." She smiled a bit, her eyes looking at her companions searchingly. She knew that Alaric would be there, obviously he was her date, but was unsure of Romulus' motives. Perhaps he too need the good publicity.

IC (Romulus)

"Indeed. It will be a pleasure to watch this city rise from the ashes." Romulus casted another glance at the wounded the city. "I do wonder what else this century has in store for this city. It has already experienced so much, in such a short time. One day Sentinels roam the street, the next MACE clashes with mutants, then the marines battle HYDRA. Who came back for a second round."

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

Like a Phoenix.

Alaric looked at the skyline, searching for whatever it was they saw, and saw only fire. He blinked, toasted, and drank wordlessly.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:
After a hit in Rio one day, a wiser man than Daken Akihiro once told the young gun that it should not be up to Jesus to judge his own miracles. He'd shot the sage in the face for that, but afterwards it came to him that perhaps the proverb wasn't too far off the mark. Maybe it was that early epiphany that snapped him out of it after he pulled his fist away from the indigo mass of scars and swells that had become his brother's face. Maybe it was the setting sun over the Big Apple's skyline, highlighting the crimson on his hands and the tears lost in John's face amidst cracked scabs, dried blood, and Crayola-tinted bruises. It was his little brother too, and that counted for something - however pathetic and whimpery John was, it counted for something. Totaling him in a day wouldn't - couldn't bring Daken any closure.
So when he pulled his fist away, John looked up through two eyes swollen to the size of plums, waiting for the next hit. Akihiro never sent it; the older brother unhooked John's hands and pressed a button on the phone. "Bring it up." John watched wordlessly, with a hint of reproach in his false eyes. Or fear. It was hard to tell what he were trying to communicate anymore. All that was in there were circuits and artificial connectors that gave John the ability to see through them, as long as they were on. He would be able to see better than most people alive, but he would never have eyes again.
The awkward staredown was killed when one of the chauffeurs from earlier brought up two pizzas and two six packs of beer stacked on top. Daken waved him away as soon as the man's arms were within range of the ventilation unit that he was perched on and lifted the beer, tossing it at John. His hands were swollen and slow, but they worked marginally better than they had that morning. He had the alcohol in his hand for a second before it fell to his feet. His brother had opened the first box of pizza and took a huge whiff. His stomach growled underneath his bloody Fantastic Four t-shirt. Johnny Storm gave me this shirt, he grumbled. These stains'll never leave. But regardless, he stood up to go and put a beer in John's hands. He flinched away; Daken stopped and tilted his head.
Can't even do a good deed for this little peckerhead without him jumping around like a Mighty Bean. Akihiro groaned and pulled a Bud Light out of the six pack, relaxing it on a sunken pit on John's shoulder that his elbow had made around noontime. John looked at him with definite reproach. Daken realized that his brother couldn't speak with a jolt - his lips were too split, and he made a macabre whistling sound when he tried. "I'm not gonna let you starve to death," he decided to assure John. "Take it easy. Eat up. It's about as torturous as every other one of Domino's pizzas, but it won't hurt you."
John looked like he felt at least a little better after that. Not much, but a little. Baby steps. "Ansshovish?"
"Anchovies?" his big brother repeated skeptically. "On a pizza? What, are you ###### kidding me? Are we Alaskans now? It's cheese. Eat up."
John looked at him and then took a plate Daken held out with two slices. He was still strapped in by the waist and legs, so he had to lean forward and nearly risked falling onto his face, but Daken scooted forward just enough to prevent him from tripping. John lifted one piece of pizza and bit into it weakly. When he'd chewed it over with what dental strength he had and decided there was no cyanide or ill effects, he took another bite, and then another, and then another. Slowly his consumption rate picked up and he finished off the first slice, chewing on the crust like a desperate mutt trying to get the last ounce of marrow from a bone. Daken, meanwhile, was halfway through his second piece when he heard John cry out. When he looked up, blood was dripping down his bottom lip and dotting his top.
"My toosh," John lisped, staring wide-eyed at the piece of pizza. Daken laughed.
"Your tu--?" he asked, before he realized what his little brother was trying to communicate. "Oh, oh! Your tooth! You should enunciate more, kid, frick." Inside his head, though, gears were whirring. Enough pizza for tonight. "You should get some rest. C'mon, let me help you with this beer."
Akihiro stood and walked over to Howlett and popped open the tab on his Bud Light. John opened his mouth eagerly and drank. There was a gap where one canine had once been (the irony never slows here at Oscorp) and the tooth itself was stuck inside the crust of the pizza on John's plate, but apart from that. the pink coloring, and the small chips Daken's fists had left on his enamel, John Howlett could still pull off a decent smile if he wanted to. For now. "Yeah, yeah, that's right. Drink up. The anesthesia won't kick in if you don't drink up."
John's eyes widened and he tried to push away with his hands, but Daken was too strong at his weakest for John at his strongest right now, and he held his brother's chin down so he could finish pouring the Bud Light down his throat. Slowly, John's hands slipped down to Daken's waistband, then fell limply to his sides. His eyes drooped, fought to remain open.
"Relax, kid. We're done for today."
"Done?" John mumbled sleepily. "Done," his big brother confirmed, and rubbed his head for good measure, almost affectionately. "I'll leave the pizza on the heater. It'll be your breakfast tomorrow."
John's eyes closed then, and his head drooped as he fell into sleep. The Bud Light can was chucked over the side of the skyscraper when he was; Daken went to toss the paper plate with the pizza like a Frisbee, but he stopped at the sight of the tooth sticking out like a marble column and plucked it from the crust after a second's worth of thought. He examined it in the sunlight, then looked towards his sleeping brother, and pocketed it. He smiled, drew his wallet, and plucked a rolled up fifty dollar bill from the billfold.
Daken slipped it behind John's ear and turned to go. His hands were largely clean, but his shirt was stained with blood and sweat and a little dot of pizza sauce ("Son of a ######!" he complained to the empty air) and he shrugged it off his chest. He could feel some of the blood in his mohawk, and the sun caught it and gave it a darkly pretty auburn glow as the evening wind tossed it about His body proper was immaculate. So was his conscience. After all, John had gotten a free meal and a cheep beer out of the deal. He couldn't ask for much more than that.
The elevator carried the shirtless hitman all the way back down to the Dark Avengers playroom. When it arrived with a ding! and the doors slid open, he was content, grinning as brightly as ever.
He'd needed that workout.
-Tyler
Edited by Aegon Targaryen

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Romulus)

Romulus nodded. “Yes, I do believe we should.” The three-quarters of the Club’s uppermost echelons did not gather without good reason after all.

IC:

"Actually, before we get to eating and discussing, I'd like to ask for a personal favor, Imperator," Alaric said, looking only mildly sheepish. He hadn't expected Lynae to be here too, at first, but he saw no reason why what he requested couldn't be shared with her as well. "It concerns my little sister."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Romulus)

Romulus face shifted then, becoming quite grave. Weapon-X would always come back to haunt him he supposed, at least for the foreseeable future. He counted Weapon-X amongst his greatest mistakes. For a moment he was at a loss for words, but quickly recovered. “Anything I can do, I will do.”

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

"Brooklyn appreciates that, as I do," he assured the White King. "She's been training with that gladius your man gave her day in and day out, as far as I've been told. Her girlfriend Rebekah appreciates your generosity to an extent too, but...well. You're familiar with what happened there. Brook escaped the worst of it, thank God, but Rebekah's memory of her life before Canada is...impaired. Significantly. And so I was hoping, perhaps if there was a file floating around somewhere with her name on it..."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Romulus)

Without a word, Romulus picked his cellphone out of his suit pocket, dialed a number and began to speak with someone on the other end. “I’ll be needing one of our red files delivered. The Black King's office, secretary answers to Lacey. Number sixty-two I think, as soon as possible Mr. Anderson. Yes. Thank you.” Romulus returned his gaze to the Black King. “That red file holds just about everything we’ve collected about her. There are some holes even we can’t fill in though, much of it burned away with their Canadian facility. Sorry about that."

IC:

"There's someone at the door," Betsy reminded him unnecessarily. Warren groaned and pulled himself off the bed again, straightening his collar. "Hate you," he reminded her over his shoulder.

"You suck at pretending!" she called back as he cut out of the bathroom and through his study, to the door of his quarters. Taking a deep breath and making sure nothing gave him away, he grinned and opened the door. Kitty stood there with an amused smirk, with a blonde behind her, smiling nervously.

"Hey, Kitt," he said, taking a deep, imperceptible breath.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC [Nizhoni/Wichita]

The sizzling sound did not go past Nizhoni's ears; Wichita was quiet at this hour, so it was an odd sound indeed. Looking over the side of the building, faint smoke fumes could be seen coming out of it. Well, pretty sure that it's not suppose to be on fire. Nizhoni commented in her mind as she pulled down her goggles, beginning her descent down. It was something done in quick order, thanks to a rope and hook she carried, though it was not precisely the most dignified drop.

She looked inside of the building, careful not to step in quite yet. Any sort of security might pick her up instead of whatever was causing the fire. So she did the first logical thing and yelled into it, "hey, anyone in there?"

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC(Leah)

The thief looked to the front of the shop- she herself was about halfway in. The whole building was about forty feet long, and twenty feet wide.

"Nope!" she politely shouted back, reaching for her gun. She had decided fire would make a scene if she used it inside, whereas she intended to be long gone by the time the police caught wind of a gunshot.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

IC: Feral

John was running through a field. Bright emerald grass shimmered all around him; iridescent with the morning dew drops that clung to the blades as John's feet crashed through them. The wind tore through John's mop of dark black messy hair and his bright blue eyes were filled with excitement.

"Throw the ball to me bubby! Throw the ball to me!" John shouted as he turned and put his small child hands in the air as he waited for his older brother to throw him the football. He turned to see his brother running after him. Shirtless and tan. His dark mow-hawk being pulled by the wind as he ran after John with the football nestled in his arms.

"Here catch," Daken said as he lifted the ball and then threw it with all his might. John went to catch the ball but it hadn't been aimed for his hands. The ball flew at him with too much speed. John tried to grasp it but it smashed into his face instead.

Pain burst through John's face as he fell backwards into the soft grass. He could feel warm blood trickling from his nose as the football rolled off his face. The sunlight was blotted out by Daken's body as he stood over John. The little Howlett could see his brother's hair flowing with the wind as he was completely still.

"You need to learn to get up brother. You need to be strong."

"You hit me in the face." John pouted as tears began to stream from his big blues, about to go into a tantrum.

"Stop crying, its for the weak." Daken said. Suddenly his hand was smashing down into John's face over and over.

"Stop! Bubby! It hurts stop!" John yelled as he tired to cover his face with his hands, only to have them smashed into his own face.

"Get up or I won't stop hitting you. Get up!" Daken shouted. His fists continuously pounding into John's face.

"Get up!"

John's 'eyes' opened now as he woke from his dream. Was it a dream? Or was it a memory? He wasn't sure. He shook his head as his new eyes took in the area; still the same rooftop landscape. He was still bound in place. His face still bleeding from the many times Daken had hit them. There was no telling how long it would take for his face to heal. What the Hand had done to him hard largely healed up but now it was Daken's turn for the torture.

John was sick and ****ing tired of being bound and tortured. He spat a wad of blood on the ground; remembering his tooth breaking off in the pizza. Split as they were John was able to find the ability to speak.

"****!" he yelled at the top of his lungs. He didn't care who heard. He didn't care what they did to him next. He had to let loose.

"****!!" he squeezed his fists as hard as he possibly could. Trying, wanting, praying to feel his bone claws slide through his flesh and pop out with that satisfying snikt. But nothing happened. Nothing came. His claws were still gone. Along with his dignity, along with his eyes, and his hair, and everything that made him who he was.

"****!" there was nothing left. No one to hear him. Nothing he could do now. He wasn't John anymore. He was nothing. Nothing but bitterness and pain.

IC: Nicole

"Becuase I wanted to come here... and I didn't want to be without him." Nicole frowned. "I thought that maybe with time he'd warm up to being here and maybe he'd want to join or something..."

IC: Jennifer

"I'm fine... should we get to the surface? I'm not sure what else we will be able to find out down here."

Edited by Flex Cop

Ashley was quick to come to Sierra's side, looking concerned. "We're almost to the institute, just a little further." Ashley hoped Sierra would snap out of it...if not...well there was always the good old fashioned blow-to-the-head.

IC: Katherine "Kitty" Pryde

"Hi Warren, how was the sex?" She gave a knowing wink.

Jeff looked down at Gabriel, wondering how someone could fall asleep so quickly. With a sigh he moved her off of him, before getting up and phasing through the door. He needed a break from this insanity, so he decided to head toward the cafeteria.

Which actually wasn't much better, come to think of it.

Edited by Yoko Littner