Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: Tokiomi

"We'll have to check with all of the governments of the affected countries, tell them to look for underwater construction sites..." Tokiomi was muttering aloud a plan of action even as he was typing it down on a Nexus tablet. "A public report will probably be issued; perhaps boatmen in the area can give witness reports?" Tokiomi stopped typing on the tablet and stared straight ahead, seemingly lost in thought.

Vincent, not now.

Dude, this is important!

Not now! I need to focus, and you're distracting me!

I'm telling you, I have a lead!

We don't have any leads at all at the moment-

REYSON!!!

... what about him? Would you stop blathering about your alternate self for on-

Think about it! That mech couldn't have been built using our Earth's current level tech!

HYDRA had Tesla during their last invasion of New York, remember?

That thing far exceeded what he was capable of! I doubt even Ultron could have built a mecha of that scale, let alone fifteen of them!

... so you're saying that if we catch your dimension hopper, we can get a lead on this?

Yes, I am saying that!!!

... that'll only tell us how they built the robot, nothing more.

It's a start!!!

Whatever, I'll get back to you. Now get out of my thoughts.

Tokiomi, wai-

Tokiomi would have to catch up on this Reyson person; despite his initial reaction, what the useless 16 year old in the back of his head told him was actually pretty useful. But the fact that he was able to surface when Tokiomi was still fully conscious was a troubling sign; Tokioni would have to do some maintenance on his programming tonight. Nevertheless, he had more pressing moments to worry about. Turning his attention back to the world, he looked over what he had typed and started adding more items to the list. "Investigate all HYDRA agents in SHIELD records..."

Edited by Man of Miracles

IC: Nicole

"Because I wanted to come here... and I didn't want to be without him." Nicole frowned. "I thought that maybe with time he'd warm up to being here and maybe he'd want to join or something..."

Ic: "Oh, little dove," Anberlyn said with a roll of her eyes, "I'm afraid things don't work that way." The White Queen was a full eight inches taller than the younger girl and had to look down on Nicole, not only physically but also psychologically -- Nicole may have been an adult at eighteen years, barely three or four years Annie's junior, but the difference between their psyches was like light and day. Annie easily cradled Nicole's head comfortingly as they walked slowly down the halls of the mansion.

"Maybe you just don't know how it works, so let me explain it to you. See, being part of the club requires more than the person warming up, as you say; it requires permission... from someone like me," she said. As a Worthington laying down the club's laws came as a power attached to the name, her title notwithstanding. "And I would never grant permission to just anyone the cat drags in; I'm far too careful to do that. I'd also tell you how inconsiderate it was to bring Dallas here without his own permission, but I'm sure that's already been pounded into your head by Lynae. You like that boy?"

Nicole nodded.

A brief lull moved over Annie's lips until they quivered slightly and turned into a taut grin. "I'm sorry. It must be hard for you," she said in mock sympathy, though it came out genuine enough to the blonde.

"What?"

"To not have it your way anymore. Shhh, don't pout," Annie said, rocking Nicole's head gently in her hands as if she were a little niece visiting and needing comfort for having accidentally left her favourite toy at home. "Shhhh. You know, I used to be like you: Young, spirited, used to having all my hearts desires. But then I had to grow up.

"I was three." Or four. Nobody really knows for sure anymore, she thought to herself, recalling when little Annie was given away to the State at the tender age of teddy bears and lacy princess dresses. It was a bitter memory, one that came back to her mind from time to time like an acid flashback only to leave after she forced it away by feeding it with thoughts of anger until it felt satisfied, only to haunt her later. It had come back to her so many times she was certain the truth had been blurred over like a video tape copied-over several times. Nothing was very certain about the image in her mind anymore, only that she was wronged and she was barely able to contain memories at the time.

"By the time I was fifteen I got my first tattoo," she said as she began to undo the top buttons of her shirt. "I learned very quickly that stupid isn't cool. In the world I grew up in, stupid even got people killed, so I did the right thing and got smarter so I could rule that world and my way would be the way." She finally managed to undo enough so that she could slide the right shoulder of her shirt down to reveal the magpie tat and let Nicole look at the black and white piece of body art. "It's a magpie," Annie beamed. "In superstitious lore it's been a herald for death." She slipped her shoulder back on and redid the buttons as she added her parting advice.

"So, take it from me and be careful what you do. Don't be stupid, especially to people you actually care about, because this is my world and I'm the queen of the castle. Oh, don't let Rom's tales of my murder sprees get to you -- they're fabrications of his paranoia -- I won't be killing anyone. I'm just the magpie and your stupidity is the perfect recipe for disaster. So don't suck."

IC:

"Uh... Ms. Rosewood brought me here..." Kristen said, raising an eye at the guard's strange voice, "Who's asking?"

IC: "Someone who has actual authority to walk these corridors." A suitably ambiguous answer from someone speaking through another's voice. "And if Ms. Rosewood brought you to a room perhaps you ought to stay there."

Song was paranoid by nature, and would have had paranoia drummed into her by necessity even if she hadn't. You had to be to move in the circles she did. In truth she did not think it likely that this person was a spy or assassin, but there was always the possibility that was just what she wanted people to think. The more likely scenario, though, was that this was the White Queens latest pet, and given her...particular feeding habits it was probably best if this pet stayed put. The mess could be more contained that way

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC:

"Uh... Ms. Rosewood brought me here..." Kristen said, raising an eye at the guard's strange voice, "Who's asking?"

IC: "Someone who has actual authority to walk these corridors." A suitably ambiguous answer from someone speaking through another's voice. "And if Ms. Rosewood brought you to a room perhaps you ought to stay there."

Song was paranoid by nature, and would have had paranoia drummed into her by necessity even if she hadn't. You had to be to move in the circles she did. In truth she did not think it likely that this person was a spy or assassin, but there was always the possibility that was just what she wanted people to think. The more likely scenario, though, was that this was the White Queens latest pet, and given her...particular feeding habits it was probably best if this pet stayed put. The mess could be more contained that way

OOC: Lynae is the Black Queen and Annie is the White Queen... Just thought you ought to know.

IC:

"Hi, Warren. How was the sex?"

Warren's mind blanked, and he fought the urge to mess with his clothes and hair even though he was sure he'd looked in the mirror and they'd been professional. "Don't know what you're talking about, Kitt."

"The jig is up!" Braddock called theatrically from the other room; Angel resisted the urge to throw his head into his palm.

"Lilliana," he greeted her. "Kitt. Both of you, come on in to the study. Don't make any sudden moves, don't acknowledge her, and don't let her smell your fear, and Betsy might not come out."

-Tyler

Edited by Aegon Targaryen

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Nicole

Nicole was left in virtual silence as Annie walked away. Stunned by the things she'd said. The hardest part of hearing Annie's words were knowing she was right. Nicole had to grow up. She needed to stop making stupid decisions and thinking everything would go her way. She'd expected this out of life until her father had been killed. Then for a while she'd pulled into herself, not really doing much of anything. Hellfire didn't except just anyone, but why had they accepted her then? What had Ric seen in her?

"Wait," Nicole said as Annie was walking away.

"I want to be strong and tough like you. Can you help me? I'll do anything you say." I'll even get a tattoo if that's required. Nicole thought.

IC: Triblade

Matt held the gun in his hand and stared at it for a second. The rest of the ride since he'd announced his feelings had been even more awkward. Can I use it on myself? Matt thought bitterly. He hadn't touched guns much in the past. Instead he'd relied on his powers.

He nodded as he lowered the gun. "I won't," he said. Next thing he knew and he was strolling down the charred road, looking for signs of life, anything. Possible enemies.

"Right," Matt said. He raised the Makarov Aleks had given him. Where his head turned the gun did as well as he began to sweep the area ahead of him cautiously before he moved now. Making sure to duck under any large pile of rubble and to access good points of cover.

"You think any Hydra agents are in the area? Perhaps covering their tracks?" Matt asked. He listened to the silence. The city was deathly quiet around them. He wondered if somewhere someone was screaming; trapped beneath rubble.

"Let's keep moving."

IC:

"I wouldn't say covering their tracks," Aleks said from in front of Matt, the point man as always. He and Rebekah had been through this routine a thousand times, and though Summers was no Rebekah, it helped him feel more comfortable in potentially hostile terrain. The carcass of a sports car, near a hot dog stand, seemed as good a place as any to stop and resupply before a sweep for survivors - it was only when he reached around the rear bumper to check and see if any dogs were cooking that he saw the license plate. With a jolt, he realized he knew it - and he knew the car it was affixed to. Slowly, he stood up (as much as he felt comfortable doing in a potential militarized zone) and looked at the quarterback.

"Matty, don't freak out," the Russian began slowly.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC:

"What what is it? You found a hotdog?"

"I found your Mustang."

Matt stared at the smoking husk of a sportscar for a second until realization set in. It was his Mustang. Matt fell to his knees as the pistol Aleks had given him clattered to the pavement. "Oh god... not my baby."

"From the looks of things, it never had a chance," Aleks said, pushing the pistol back towards Matt with his foot and slowly making his way around the car to the hot dog stand. "Hang on. I'll see if we have some food on our hands here."

Matt was still in shock. Why was his car here? Why was it blown up? He got up and pressed a hand to the charred blue metal. "Why god? Why."

"Like I was saying, I doubt if anyone from HYDRA is here, it's to cover tracks. Chances are that they're either here to pick off or collect anyone of importance who comes," Aleks said, opening up the lid to the boiled hot dog water, now cooled. There was still about half a dozen hot dogs boiled up. Ketchup, mustard, onions and chili. Some water and a few bottles of soda. Some magazines. Today's paper. None of it was obliterated.

"This was moved here afterwards. Look - none of the paper goods are so much as charred, and the food is still reasonably warm. Someone could still be alive around here. Maybe the same people who took your car - whoever they are."

"Hydra!" Matt said as he grapsed the pistol. "Hydra did this to my car." he said as his hand shook. "Let's find them and make them pay."

"W...what?" Aleks asked, doing a double take as he prepared two hot dogs. "I...no. HYDRA couldn't have teleported your car from Westchester to New York City. Someone is /here./ Someone we know."

"They may still be alive."

"Hydra blew up the city which destroyed my car... for that they must pay. If anyone we know is here let's find them. If I see any Hydra agents I won't stop from avenging my car."

IC: Katherine "Kitty" Pryde

Kitty didn't even try to hide the smile on her face as she walked inside. She couldn't help but think the couple was just adorable. "Hey Betsy." She said in greeting as she walked into the study.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC:

"Summers, do you even know how to use that gun?" Aleks asked, holding up a hand when Matt went to answer. "Do you know how much good a Makarov will do you against a well-armed, well-trained terrorist who will most likely have the drop on you to begin with? Do you know what the civilians will think when they see a madman wandering around the streets, rambling about 'his baby,' holding a pistol with the intent to use it? How long do you think you'll survive like that? It's a car, Matt. It's a hunk of metal with wheels and leather and a radio with paint on top, and you can always buy another. You can't charge death on your credit card."

He liked Matt, but the kid was as hopeless when it came to thinking like a mercenary as anyone Aleks had ever met. He wondered how Christine would have reacted to that little outburst. What it would have been like if Christine had come along to begin with.

If it was her in the car, telling me how she feels, would I have still kept quiet? came the unbidden thought, but he pushed it aside and held out a hot dog with mustard on it for Matt, and one with ketchup and mustard on it for himself. He took a sip out of the water bottle and took a bite of the dog, careful to crouch out of sight from the windows across the street. The last thing he wanted was to be holding a hot dog one second, only for there to be a stump where the hand used to be in the next.

"Eat. We move in ten minutes."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: (Asa Thurman)

“How was therapy?” Asa replied, a netbook laid across her lap, searching for new weapons, gear, and clothes. Instead of her combat catsuit, she wore a vibrant red tanktop, and snuggly fitting red leather pants, her legs draped over the chair’s armrests, her light blue eyes looked over to Daken. Her lips parted slightly, her eyes immediately drawn to him.

Daken had the kind of chest that would break the average man’s fist, that wasn’t just a compliment to his lean, and athletic figure, it was a proven fact. She saw it happen back in Texas, couldn’t help but giggle at scream of pain that ensued. Daken of course, made that disarming smirk as usual at her and the pre-cog. She would have continued. However, of the many things Daken was excellent at he had a penchant for throwing off her line of thought. Far too clever, far too attractive. She realized her eyes had been lingering and she turned them back towards the notebook, a pinkish ting to her normally pale cheeks.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

IC:

"Went okay," Daken said casually, tossing his bloody shirt over the bar into a hamper. "We had pizza. Beer. Talked about the Super Bowl a little. Brother stuff."

The hitman plucked a billiard stick from the rack on the maroon wall and chalked it up a bit before leaning over (a little suggestively, but that was to be expected) the pool table to line up all the balls. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Ripple look up again. The tight jeans always do the trick. When he drew the cue back to tap the cue ball, ever so slightly, it poked Asa in the cheek, directly in the center of her blush.

"If you want a peek, it just takes a simple please."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: (Asa)

"What if I want more than peek?" Asa chuckled, setting the netbook aside and getting to her feet. She walked over to pick up a billiard stick of her own, sauntering over to table and winking. Wasn't like she couldn't put the other stuff off till later. Besides she got most of her shopping done while Daken bludgeoned John's face upstairs. "How about a game between you and me? What's the wager you want to set?"

IC:

Daken smirked. This game, I know.

He made a show of pulling out his wallet and looking at what kind of cash he had on him, then tossed $250 bucks onto the table between them. "We'll do five hundred between us. Another hundred apiece to the winner if the game's over in under three minutes. And if you win," he threw in, "I'll give you the name of the shampoo I use. That's worth at least another fifty."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Romulus)

Romulus sipped some wine half-heartedly. Weapon-X had been a mistake, a horrible mistake. That did not excuse him from the results however; legions were maimed, tortured and broken into nothing more than mindless little weapons. It stood counter to everything he fought for, to the very foundation of his philosophy. For what were the powerful worth if they did not protect those lesser then themselves? Nothing. Nothing at all. He had failed to stop Weapon X. That task had fallen to the X-Men and the Brotherhood and they had gone about it with aplomb. He had done what he could for the survivors but some of them simply couldn’t be found, others had attacked the men sent to contact them.

Romulus emptied the wine glass. What then, could be said of him? The Brothers of the Yellow Sign still stood, despite his best efforts. He had funneled weapons and technology to the resistance movements, he had spent copious amounts of money trying to induce their neighbors to attack and put an end to the bloodshed. It was clear that it was down to him to act now. He supposed it always was. He who had built empires and watched them fall time and time again.

He had lived for so very long and perhaps he was becoming overcautious in his old age. Once news of Weapon-X going rogue would have caused him to summon a mighty legion and march throughout the world, turning over every stone, searching every cranny, calling in every favor. Oh, he had searched, but he not dedicated himself to it, he had been seeing to countless other plots and plans at the same time. Romulus came to a decision then, perhaps Ms. Rosewood had been right after all.

He called himself an Imperator and he wore that title with pride but if he allowed this to continue, allowed the weak to suffer when he could do something to stop it….well, he didn’t deserve the title. He would be going to war with the Brothers. He would ensure that the world that was rightfully his was safe. His right to rule came from millennia of experience, from the blood of the millions who had died to place him on the throne so many times before. Their blood had not been shed so he could stand to the side and wring his hands as he searched for a solution, their blood had been shed for an emperor who marched side by side with his soldiers, who fought alongside them.

By the same token, there was another thing he had oft ignored or brushed aside, even after he had seen the files on the crime scenes, even after his intelligence officers made the connections. He had supposed he could wait until an ideal moment, the prime tactical opportunity. He had never considered what would happen if it did not come. Weapon-X would not happen again. He wouldn’t allow it. Romulus looked up from his meal. “Alaric, I believe there is something else we need to discuss.”

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: TLAW-001

"What's the plan now?"

IC Tokiomi

"I guess that we will have to file a report of some kind, disclosing what we saw here. As for myself, I'll be contacting the intelligence agencies of all of the other affected countries and asking them to check for construction sites like this one. What you do yourself," Tokiomi concluded, putting his tablet away, "Is up to you, I guess."

IC:

Ric's gaze shifted from Lynae back to Romulus, and after a deep breath, he took his own glass of wine, swished the contents around with an idle flick, and drained his dry as well. Time's come. I should have known she came for a reason.

There was no getting around the topic. It had been coming for the better part of a year, as what remained of the Club's old guard delved into the records and files of the new King and Queen. Carlisle himself had nothing to hide - known former X-Man, master's in arts from USC, filthy rich, successfully bridged the gap in the Inner Circle as best he could. Made alliances where he had to - hence Romulus' promotion. Moved pieces around at other times - Lynae. A year later, most of his efforts had gone rather well in politics both worldwide and Hellfire-centric. The seeds he'd planted grew into mutually beneficial fruit. Annie, though...

"Alright, then," Alaric finally accepted, with the resigned sigh of a death row inmate, staring at the empty tray that had carried his last meal to his cell. "Let's discuss."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: (Asa)

"Alright then." She chuckled, she pulled her own wallet out, and placed the same amount down. She leaned lightly against the table, waiting for Daken to go first. "Six hundred, sounds like high enough stakes to me, and a little something extra? I look forward to ending up on top." Asa smirked, shaking her head, so self-assured that she would have Daken under her heel by the end of this game.

IC (Romulus)

Romulus sighed. “I do apologize for putting you into this position, but I find my conscience will no longer allow me to remain inactive.” He glanced at Ms. Rosewood for a moment before returning his gaze to Alaric. “Some time ago, my intelligence department came to me with concerning information regarding Ms. Worthington. While the murders remain unsolved officially, there were able to piece together a rather disturbing puzzle. Your sister murdered her fellows in a biker gang as she moved onto Hellfire. We have also determined she is behind the death of a therapist, though it seems unconnected. You are an intelligent man Alaric, not even thirty and already in command of an alliance of power brokers and wealthy masterminds. You know how that looks. She killed her comrades once she had no more use for them, she killed a presumably innocent man for reasons I can only speculate on. Tying up loose ends perhaps? In the heat of the moment?”

Romulus dearly regretted emptying the wine glass. “The question then becomes, what happens to the Hellfire Club once she is done with it? I would ask what happens to those who get in her way, but I think we both know the answer to that.”
Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

IC: Lynae

The vampire nodded along as the Imperator spoke, her eyes locked onto Alaric.

"We simply want to ensure that the members of this great organization are not treated the way your sister has treated her comrades in the past. What that may take, we are unsure. But we want to voice our concerns with you, since you are her flesh and...blood." She gave a dark smile as the last word spilled from her red lips.

"Call it a sort of insurance if you will."

Edited by Rawrmouse

IC:

"Call what insurance?" Alaric asked back with a soft, sly smirk. "Unless you plan on using me as a hostage at this very meal, which would be poor manners to do before we at least saw our menus, then I haven't heard any means of ensuring much of anything so far. Blood puns notwithstanding, I'm not sure what it is you're driving at. Would you like to know if your lives are in danger? Maybe. Probably. If I threw her out into the street tonight, then she'd probably kill me too, except she'd cut off my ring fingers first to make sure I can't come back."

His gaze fell back to Romulus with a roll of his head. "So the three of us are on even ground, then. Our lives may all be in danger. That's nothing new. Men and women have threatened the Club's health before, some from within its very Inner Circle. One of them happens to be in a power nullifying crate in the labs as we speak. What makes her different?"

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Lynae

"All I meant is that we should discuss precautions.. Not just for your sister but if any member of the club turns on us. Ric, i promise you that if someone tried to attack Annie I'd fight by her side." She said as she looked at him, her blue eyes fiercely serious.

"Our organization is full of many dangerous people, us included, and we need to be prepared. I trust you two enough to think that you all won't be an issue. It's because of this trust that we are even discussing it with one another."

IC (Romulus)

Romulus held back a sigh. “Many who would threaten us are a threat to the world as well Alaric. HYDRA, amongst many others. You have removed Shaw as a threat, which I commend you for, but you know what she is. We all do. I daresay you know better than both of us, working as we are from files and half-buried truths. She is not only dangerous, she is a liability.” He could save the arguments of morality for later. “It would be a simple matter to fabricate evidence, to make her believe that, shall we say, the Club is no longer useful to her. With the right powers or the right lies, or both, an enemy would not even need to act against us directly to try to destroy us. Assuming she could overcome us in battle at the very least. I doubt she can, but it would prove a distraction, perhaps a critical one. You know how Rome died. I am very familiar with the consequences of such a thing.”

Romulus silently implored the waitress to bring some more wine over. “I understand that the bonds of family are strong, how could I not? I have left behind more wives and husbands, daughters and sons than most. That said, I can no longer hold my peace. I made that mistake once, with Weapon-X. I did not act as strongly as I could have. We both know the result of that, countless broken, countless more dead. Ms. Worthington’s history is a bloody one, she’s given us no reason for us to believe her future will be any different. If we do nothing who else might die by her hand? One of us? Or someone in the wrong place at the wrong time? Both are unacceptable. I would have no right to the title of Imperator if I stand by and do nothing.” He leaned forwards, eyes curiously intense.
Edited by Basilisk

IC:

The waitress refilled Alaric's glass, too, but he didn't so much as move a finger towards it; his head was still slanted and looking at Romulus, hair threatening to fall into his eyes.

"What would you have me do?" he finally asked, voice quiet.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC (Romulus)

Romulus suddenly looked very old, every second of his lifetime showed in his eyes. “That is a question I have little right to answer. You are her brother. You know her better than us. At the very least, I would like her ability to cause harm removed. Beyond that, I do not have a complete enough picture to say for certain. If you think she can be saved, try. If you think she cannot….” Romulus took a long long drink. “I am very sorry this has been forced this upon you. It had to be done, but nonetheless, it does not make it easier for one to bear.”

Edited by Basilisk

IC:

"... I was told I could look around... I just couldn't talk to a certain person," Kristen said, not particularly fond of how weird this guy, person, thing is. What she had said wasn't exactly true, but it wasn't false either. For all she knew, Lynae was still out, and she wouldn't care if she got to know the layout a bit better.

IC: Dante Giordano(Xavier-Institute, Bemoaning his bad luck.)

"Ugh," Dante groaned as his eyes slowly opened. God, I did not get a good night's sleep. Blinking a few more times, Dante finally took in the sight of where he was. This doesn’t look like Ellis Island, Then it finally clicked. Oh no, oh no, oh no, this is not happening.

Of all the wrong stops, why did I have to end up in the middle of X-Institute’s Courtyard? Freaking, rotten luck. What am I even doing here? Ugh, sono nei guai. But seriously how did I end up here? Wait, could it have been thanks to that weirdo Gabe? I’m going to kill him when I find him.

Even as Dante's thoughs continued to ramble onward, other priorities were kicking in for the Italian. After all, for now, chasing down Gabe wasn’t high on his agenda; instead the Dante figured he may as well take advantage of one of the few things the school could offer him, the library. The institute was inside a rather wealthy mansion and any rich man worth his salt possessed an impressive library.

Of course as Dante continued walking, more things kept cropping up for Dante to bemoan his luck. For one thing, half the students at this academy seemed to be insane. As Dante walked the halls in search of the library, it didn’t seem to be uncommon to see students showing off their powers to one another in an attempt to showcase their superiority.

The rowdy display of fireballs, and ice beams, and god knows what else, was more than enough to give Dante a headache was. “Hey!” Dante inquired from one of the students, “Where’s the library?”

Upon receiving his answer Dante finally arrived only to find a more terrifying site than before. A boy with his bangs on fire, and not just any boy…

“Brit boy?”

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

IC:

Matt's shoulder's sagged. "I know... I know its just a car." he said softly. "But I bought it with my life savings and what little money my parents had stashed away which went to me since they were killed by the Phoenix." Matt said as he looked Aleks in the eyes.

Matt remembered when he first bought the car. He remembered spending his Saturdays outside in the sun as he would put a new coat of wax on it. He remembered driving to California with Nicole and then again with Christine to find John.

"I don't have the money to buy another." he slowly lowered his gun as his anger deflated.

"I'm clam now." he said as he accepted the dog and took a bite.

"Not looking for revenge or anything. I know I'm not good with guns, but you forget I have powers too and we've both fought Hydra before."

IC:

The submersible lifted above the waves as Jennifer reached the shore. "Now I think we should report our findings with our superiors. Fury or someone should be interested in what we've learned. Perhaps we should start doing a perimeter around the blast, its possible Hydra agents are planted in the area, though for what I wouldn't know. Maybe they aren't done terrorizing us yet."

IC:

Christine moved a branch aside as she walked towards Ashley and Sierra. "Ah'm right here sugar, what's the problem now?" she asked. Christine had to admit, she'd been looking for some excitement. Maybe a little fight against Dallas' captors. The fact that they had simply dropped him off willingly before driving away left her a little frazzled.

IC:

Kane walked towards Shiloh and the other group of Brotherhood members standing around. He and Zach had joined up with the Brotherhood right before the red-cross scene. He'd spent the last ten minutes tending to wounded and caurterizing wounds with his flames.

"Is this something or what? Standing against NYPD in bright daylight and they can't do anything but watch us help civilians." he smirked.

Edited by Flex Cop

IC: Jeffery

Jeff watched the usual mayhem that was the schools cafeteria, he himself sitting in a corner alone. He just wanted to eat his breakfast and forget about yesterday completely. The longer he found reasons to stay away from Gabriel the less of a chance he...or she rather could use her powers on Jeff again. His normal life was insane enough as it was, considering the current state of the cafeteria...

The janitor was currently doing battle with what appeared to be some sort of...green jello? It was growing quickly in the center of the room, the janitor was fighting it off with his mop and disinfectant spray. Many of the students present cheered him on, while most simply ignored the situation, since it was a fairly normal Tuesday all things considered.

Jeff ate his turkey sandwich in relative peace, simply glad that he was having a moment of sanity. He was certain that such moments were going to become extremely rare thanks to his new roommate. The green jello cried out in agony as the last of it was mopped up into a bucket of soapy water. Such was the fate of those who crossed the janitor.

It had been well over forty-five minutes since Jeff left Gabriel in the dorm. Jeff figured he probably should head back there, he'd left his skateboard there for one thing, and he wasn't gonna let Gabriel just sleep the whole day away. Nope, Gabriel would have to suffer the waking world with him.

He took his time down the halls, not feeling rushed in any sense of the word. He decided to make a pit stop at the men's room, orange juice had a way of going straight through his system. Once he had done his business he went up to the sink and began to wash his face a bit, that was when he felt a now all too familiar jolt go through his body. He...or now she rather, gasped.

She stared at herself in the mirror for a moment, blinking in disbelief. Then she looked around. "Gabe! Where are you?" She shouted, but she didn't find the gender bending mutant. With a glare most unpleasant she phased through the wall and went straight for her dorm at a very brisk pace.

Jess phased through the door, raising her finger as she prepared to yell the living daylights out of Gabriel when she noticed the other mutant was in fact, still sound asleep, in the exact same position she'd been in before.

Jess felt a tremor go up her spine, why was this happening? Either Gabriel was really, really good at playing tricks or...she hadn't caused Jess to turn into a girl. Jess reflected that it had been roughly an hour since Gabe had turned her back into a guy...and now...

"Gabe! Gabe! Wake up right now!" She was practically on top of the other girl, shaking Gabe's shoulder frantically. "Something's wrong with me and I think it's your fault!" She was right of course.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC [Nizhoni/Wichita]

"Well erm, there's a fire in there, might of noticed that." Nizhoni was pretty sure it was some sort of criminal at this point, but she didn't seem to be your run of the mill cat burglar. Or maybe she was, the city was somewhat lacking in those, Nizhoni didn't have much to go off of. "There's an open door right here if you feel the need to make a run for it. You know how back entrances are here, the building inspectors don't come by often enough to make sure they actually work."

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

IC: Tokiomi

Stepping out of the submersible, the agent looked around, the skeleton of a report already typed out on his tablet. "I don't know," Tokiomi replied to Jennifer's remark about perimeter checking. "If you guys want to do it, go ahead. I've got other matters to take care of, so I'll be heading to Intelligence..." Tokiomi had walked ahead of the rest of the group to the edge of the blast zone only to stop in his tracks.

"What is the Brotherhood of Mutants doing here?" Tokiomi said this in his usual disinterested tone, but if one were to listen to the slight inflections of his voice, it would be clear that Tokiomi was quite confused. Speeding up into a brisk run, he approached the nearest NYPD officer. "... Red Cross? Really?"

Edited by Man of Miracles