Marvel, Rebirth:

IC: "It would probably be for the best if you stuck to looking around in your own quarters," Song suggested. The disdain in her tone managed to seep through even using her fleshpuppet's voice. "I assume that some have been provided for you. And that your curiosity has not you so far away you cannot find your way back?"

IC: Helping out displaced civilians would not have been Zachary's first idea for a Brotherhood mission. Or second or third. It would probably rank somewhere in the triple digits, truth be told. But helping people as Zachary sure beat being shot at as Magnitude, which was a plus. You could get tired of picking bullets out of wounds surprisingly quickly.

Hopefully there would be more plans in the future that raised their PR without involving any...aggressive negotiations

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: "Oh, a grown woman trying to bully a girl into becoming her by twisting a knife in an old wound."

Madysyn said that with a complete lack of emotion.

"Very royal, wouldn't you say?"

OOC: Nate's timeline was improperly aligned, incoming realignment.

IC: With only once glance back toward Shiloh and Dominik, the archer vanished into the city.

"Really, guys?"

Nate glanced up from a magazine he was reading at Dominik and Asa, shaking his head.

"You know that if I was playing I'd definitely be above both of you."

Edited by Shaquille O'Kaithas

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

Since Mikhail was handling Trinity's queries, Tera set about gathering the last few items necessary. Syrup was found in the fridge door, butter in its proper compartment, and knives had been retrieved with the forks. Gathering the silverware in her palm, she carefully picked up two plates of pancakes, balancing them both skillfully on one hand while she carried the syrup and butter in the other.

Crossing the room carefully, she deposited both plates on the coffee table, sliding one towards Aella, while she laid down the silverware and other items. No doubt Mikhail and Trinity would follow momentarily.

"There we are."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Aella

I looked at the plate before me, the food smelled and looked very good. Noticing the fork, I realised this was not the kind of food I could use my hands to eat. There was some other items however I was not familiar with that Tera brought. I was unsure how to proceed.

"So...is there a certain way to do this?" I didn't want to mess up.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Ic: "I'm not bullying her, I'm merely educating Nicole to learn the lessons life gives.

"Nicole, give me your lunch money or else you won't get to drive your car anymore.

"That's bullying. See the difference?" Anberlyn rolled her eyes. "Besides, Nicole requested my help. You are being supremely judgemental and quick to conclusions. Why don't you take it elsewhere?"

IC:

"As a matter of fact, there is. Observe." Picking up her knife, she cut off and spread a portion of butter onto her pancakes, following it with syrup, before picking up her fork and demonstrating how to cut a bite sized portion. Alas, it was too late to do much about Trinity.

"Make sense?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

"Yeah...I think I got it." I picked up the knife, trying to hold it the way Tera had. I was a little clumsy with it but I managed to repeat what she did. I spread the butter across my pancakes, followed by the syrup. My attempt to cut a bite sized piece was incredibly sloppy, but I managed after a little bit of struggling. I took my first bite.

Then I started to eat a lot more quickly.

IC: 'Jess'

Jess started to her ringing in her ears. She was beyond upset, beyond shocked, and beyond panicking. Her body wasn't going to be able to handle the stress much longer. She passed out and collapsed on the floor.

IC: Gabriel

She needed to fix this. She definitely need to.

Gabriel had never been a person chained by her responsibilities, forever ignoring them in pursuit of whatever she felt like doing, but this ... she had completely warped her roommate's life. Her insides were churning - her powers hadn't worked like she had expected to.

Carefully picking up her friend and slinging Jeff onto her back, the genderbender trekked back towards their dorm.

IC:

Tera stared for a moment as Aella began eating at a ludicrous pace, pausing with her fork halfway to her mouth. After said moment elapsed, she laughed quietly, shaking her head.

"Mikhail, I think she likes your cooking."

IC:

"Hello, Dante." Alistair replied, smothering the fire on his bangs with a scarf from his messenger bag with more than a touch of annoyance.

Edited by Simon the Digger

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC:

My soulmate is dead, my protege is dead, my students think I'm dead, my family is a world away, my foster father is dead, and my real father is on my hit list. All I have left is my sister and my Chardonnay.

If things had been different, Alaric Carlisle had thought once, the last time he'd seen home, what could Annie have been? What could he have been? If they'd grown up together at the Institute, if she hadn't grown up into the belief that death bought life, would she be more like Brooklyn? Or Rebekah, maybe? Would she and Ashlynn have been close? Tara? Would she be a cheerleader or a mathlete or more like Ric himself, sneaking into his trunk while he made the forty minute drive into Westchester proper to try and hit up a party or sneak into a bar to hang out with the regulars and watch Sunday Night Football? Would Ric have knocked out her first boyfriend on the balcony? What would she be majoring in college right now? Would she have been an X-Man? Would she have thought of Ric as a good brother? Was Ric a good brother? Sometimes, the answers seemed about as fleeting as the Chardonnay in his glass - he had them whenever he wanted, but they went down the drain too quick and he forgot what they were like on his tongue even quicker.

If he were a good brother, he would say no. He would refuse flat out, and he would go back and either pull Anberlyn away from this Club, this Club he'd built of his own charisma and what remained of his essence. Or they could die together when the others turned on them. Sometimes, he felt as though he were on a building at the top of the world, looking down on everything he'd known, losing it, burning the way Ashlynn had burned. If I do this, I'm Warren's spitting image, he thought, but by then he'd heard it all so many times he found it hard to even care at this point. Annie would hate that.

Annie would hate him.

Or he could say "Imperator, Lynae, I'm dreadfully sorry, but you need to yourselves, and so does my sister," and let his wings tear out and fly from the terrace. He could find Taralynn, wherever she was, and they could do what Brooklyn did and find some penthouse in some cute little corner of the world and live out their days away from anything that could hurt them. Good food and good drinks and good company and plenty of sun until Judgement Day, but by now it was just a fit of madness, a fever dream long since dreamt and gone. The man who had dreamed it was long dead. He had died six times.

If he weren't Black King, maybe it would be easier. If he were an X-Man...

You were, once, whispered a voice he'd lost long ago, older than all the others but somehow just the same. Some would say you never stopped being one. How far will you go to prove them wrong? One more death? A dozen more? A thousand?

The Chardonnay in his glass trembled.

You know what she is.

She was his sister.

But he knew what she was. She'd told him herself. Bragged.

His sister. He thought of his other sister. She looks like me and she acts like me and she's with the girl of her dreams, and she's in danger every day because of us.

That steadied him as much as he could be steadied. He lifted the Chardonnay to his lips and drank chastely.

"Que sera sera." What needs to be done, will be done, said his tone, but he had already said enough. The Chardonnay in his glass drained away.

"So," he said after a second, putting the glass down on the table and running his fingertips along the menu, "we had business?"

Wrong. He had nothing.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC (Romulus)

Romulus could have pressed the matter, should have really. He didn’t. Something, be it wisdom or sympathy, stopped him. “Only one more thing. The Brothers of the Yellow Sign? My efforts to eliminate the problem indirectly have failed. My Legion will be marching to war. Quite soon. I do not ask for any support nor do I expect it. Contact will likely be sporadic in the next few months.”

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Before I knew it, I had finished the pancakes. The syrup, while incredibly sugary and wonderful, was sticking to my face. I attempted to remove it with a napkin.

"I didn't know food could taste like that..." That had been a lot different than the spaghetti I'd tried the night before. I was getting the impression there were a lot more kinds of food I had yet to try. But for now I was quite full, and maybe a bit thirsty.

IC (Leah)

The thief just backed up slowly, searching the fog for her opponent. She kept her gun pointed forward, but her other hand searched behind her. She kept back-treading, slowly scanning for the back door...

"Son of a b-"

She found the back door, indeed. However, it was barred over. Yoga Pants had spoken the truth.

"You...I like you," she said, shaking her head. In her free hand, she began charging a fireball in preparation of attack. Backed against the wall, she was ready for a strike from all sides- a sneak attack would be nigh impossible.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

After a few minutes Jess stirred a bit, letting out a moan as she opened her eyes. "What happened...."

The answer came to her as she recalled everything that had happened. Tears began to weld up in her eyes. The phasing hadn't fixed the problem...it had just made it worse. She hadn't been able to stay a guy for even ten minutes.

"I'm...I'm stuck like this aren't I?"

"I can't get it off! I exclaimed, the napkin wasn't working. "Halp."

IC:

Tera chuckled again, standing. "Just a moment."

Walking into the bathroom, she quickly wet the napkin under the faucet, and walked back into the living room. Handing it over to her, she sat back down. "Try using this."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Lynae

The vampire was silent, her hands clasped in her lap as she looked down at them. She had had a sister too once. Not technically by blood but as close as you could get when one was a vampire. However, she had lost her long ago.

She slowly got up, not saying a word as she silently walked to the powder room. Lynae made sure it was empty before she locked the door, turning on the faucet. She leaned over the sink, her shoulders shaking as she desperately attempted to hold in her sobs.

I did so, the wet napkin seemed to be far more effective. When I was done I stretched myself back across the couch.

"That was amazing."

"Okay..." Jess choked, obviously her mind was filled with doubts, and the thought of never being male again plagued her thoughts. She looked away, staring at the wall the bed was pushed against. She was crying...like a girl. This didn't make her feel any better.

IC:

"I need you to use your powers on me." I wrapped my arms around my body, letting my nails draw blood from my biceps. "I can't fight this anymore."

IC: Mimic

Christine raised a brow but said nothing as she silently pulled off one of her gloves. "If you're sure." she said before she placed a hand on Sierra and closed her eyes. Once again memories and emotions swarmed into Christine's head. She had to wait a second to rememeber she was Christine and not Sierra before she pushed Sierra's memories into a vault inside her head where she didn't have to look at them.

"There," Christine said sighing as she pulled away her hand, it shook slightly. Whatever that thing inside Sierra was... it was also in her now.

IC: Jennifer

"That's good," she said. "SHIELD doesn't need any trigger happy idiots messing up our PR by shooting someone innocent. The Sleepers have been enough of a nightmare for now. I'm sure there are lots of people out there not happy that SHIELD didn't do more or act quicker then we did."

Edited by Flex Cop

IC Tokiomi

"I'm not sure if this is an issue or not," Tokiomi yelled to Jennifer and David, "But we have a few... Okay, I am uncertain as to whether or not the Brotherhood of Mutants is technically an illegal organization, seeing as how they've shifted focus from terrorism to humanitarianism, but... Just be careful, okay? Don't get them mad."

IC:

"There are lots of foods in the world." Tera commented, picking at her own pancakes, eating much more slowly. "They vary by region. Some are spicy, some sweet, some bitter. All sorts of different styles, tastes, and textures."

fK5oqYf.jpg

"I have to try them all." Obviously if there were all sorts of different kinds of foods I'd have to sample every single one. Which was much more exciting than eating the bland tasting food bars HYDRA had been feeding me for the past year.

OOC: I'm still wondering how Tokimoi can see the Brotherhood from the shore? Isn't the shore by the docks? Not very close to the Brotherhood acticvity which I think i somewhere near or in a park or something if I'm correct.

IC: Kane, NPC Miranda

"True... I made sure to give that guy some meds first though. Disinfectant and wraping works but my way seals the wound for good right away. Its really personal choice, I'll be sure to give them both options though." Kane shrugged.

"So either you don't have a name or you're not keen on sharing it."

Kane noticed Zach a little ways away. "How's it hanging Big Z?"

"So... this is the Brotherhood?" Miranda asked as she approached. She glanced at all of the mutants working hard to help civilians. "Not really what I was expecting, but I can dig it."

IC: Zac

Kinkerink. Kinkerink. Kinkerink.

The common noise heard from the garage was the kinkerink noise that was made when Zac used his wrench on the tires. He and his father owned a garage near the insitute, making sure Zac was able to go while still being with his family close by. Sadly, after the events last year Zac was the only one to keep his abilities, making him the only Toddson now with mutant powers. His dad was busy getting lunch for the family while zac was watching the shop. Hannah was now in College, Caleb and Abi were homeschooled now and his dad had started meeting with a new girl. So far things seemed okay for the family but of course everything changes.

((I know there is a bunch of stuff in missing but I just wanted to get an intro post up))

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC:

I sighed in relief as the world went dark and silent. Because I was sitting up, however, I snapped awake when my head hit the ground. Luckily, the distortions stayed gone.

"If you can see whatever you took out of my head, don't look at it." I said carefully.

Edited by Cupcake Killer

OOC I think that I posted that he walked over to the edges of the blast site and that's where he saw them. Taking the size of the blast into account, I assumed that it would be within shouting distance.

IC Peter

The issue of Dallas's kidnappings resolved, Peter went back to work, preparing for his next class.