BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: "Uh, I brought friends, sir." Jol helpfully added through the door as they waited for Angel's welcoming.

-------------------------------------------

IC: "Thanks, ma'am." Erzu mumbled with a nod, rubbing his floating rib.

Up and under. Torana get lessons from Red behind his back with those already?

• Upvote 3

helo frens

IC: Taleen

Taleen sighed, maybe telling him her profession hadn't been the wisest course of action. She'd be under scrutiny from him, that was for sure, and probably the others as well. Though she figured it was better that she told them what she was now, rather than hiding it and having them find out later, that would have been far worse. 

There was a long silence, Taleen debated saying more. On one hand, she didn't have to explain herself, on why she was who she was. But on the other, if he knew more about her maybe he'd be less suspicious of her. He did seem close to Plagia.

"For the record...I don't kill just anyone. I only go after the worst of the worst...murders, rapists, Makuta worshiper's, kind of people that shouldn't be left alive to hurt more people." She took a long sip of her drink. "Is that really such a terrible thing?" 

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Pae - Ta-Koro - Abandoned Warehouse

IC:

"Yes."

Nika cocked his head to the right, then straightened it again. A cigarette twirled in his fingers as he brought it up to his lips. It was unlit.

"Up against an enemy that is impossibly vast. Impossibly powerful. Sank islands, killed island leaders ... three people cannot stop the likes of that.

"But one team might."

The Vortixx drew a matchbook from his belt. He opened it, broke off a match, and struck its sulphurous head against the band of rough black material. Flame sparked to life, and he wasted no time in lighting his cigarette. Finished, he dropped the match, crushed it under foot, tucked the book away. He breathed smoke and took the cigarette from his lips.

"... I've ... never worked in a team before," he said, clearly uncomfortable with the personal pronoun. "Always solo. Never this close with other people. Suppose that it's been good for me. Have to imagine that it has. But if this team is going to get anywhere ... trust is needed. Need to be a collective. Can't just be a group of individuals."

He took another drag. Brought the smoke away again.

"No more lies, Pae," he said. "No more secrets. Everyone lays bare."

Another drag. This time the smoke stayed there.

"What say you?" he said between clenched teeth.

IC: Mahaki

IC:

I glanced down at my glass and ######! Turns out I had drunk all of it.

This isn't boding well for my reputation as not-an-alcoholic.

"Yeah," I said, pushing the empty cup over. "Thanks, uh, miss...."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Pae - Ta-Koro - Abandoned Warehouse

Pae thought for a moment. He considered possible outcomes of the whole debacle. Pae hadn't even considered what it meant to trust Nika and Jin. He didn't trust them at all. He didn't trust their collective employer Vera Polzin either (even if he believed her intentions were "good"). Or at least the word he used wouldn't be 'trust'.

He remained silent for a moment, his eye-contact with Nika never wavering, "We all have secrets. Secrets that would kill us if they were known," he finally averted his eyes for only a second before returning, "But you are right."

Pae turned around and said loudly so Nika and Jin could both hear, "The only people capable of taking on our enemy are those elite," he paused, "Either we are honest, or we are the wrong team to take on Aurelia."

The toa of iron took a step and pointed at Jin, "Your vengeance cannot get in the way. If you want a fresh start, you have to succeed. Remember that."

He looked at his hands, "You aren't the only one who needs something from Polzin."

samusbzpsig2.png.4c2dcd02e48c2219fb375b936c4a17ee.png
| BZPRPG Profiles |

IC:

"Ah, yes, Mr. Stralix." The Matoran secretary glanced at her desk, then at the door nearby. "The Akiri should be free at the moment, so go on ahead. I'm sure he'll be delighted to know that you're back."

IC (Stralix)

"Much appreciated," the Skakdi said, half-absently, and entered Jaller's office, closing the door behind him.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC: Mahaki

The Po-Matoran paused slightly, gaze tainted with suspicion. "Mahaki, but bartender's fine."

The emotion passed as she turned to her work, focusing entirely on the blur of glass. Within moments, the two drinks were complete; another rye and a grenadine-infused and cherry-topped cola (the words Roy Rogers flashed through Mahaki's mind). With a practiced and controlled motion, the drinks slid to directly before the two customers.

"So, have you ever been here before?" Silence wasn't the best way to attract customers, but neither was extreme amiability; she was testing for a comfortable middle-ground.

Edited by Prodigal

pNNgXax.jpg

IC:

"Do you...."

Nika hesitated, biting down harder on the cigarette between his lips, contemplating the ramifications of what he wanted to ask. He did not like most of those which were possible, but he had just preached the necessity of openness and honesty. Holding his tongue now would be hypocrisy, and he'd had enough hypocrisy for a lifetime.

He plucked the smoke from his mouth.

"Do you two really believe that our employer will honour her commitments?"

There was no edge or sarcasm in his voice; it was an honest question.

IC:

"Gunner," I told her, nodding appreciatively at the fresh glass of whiskey before taking a sip. "I've been here a couple of times. Mostly for business, though. Never stayed long. Not my climate; either weather-wise or socially, if you know what I mean."

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

"Is that really such a terrible thing?" 

IC: Alfon

I mulled over the question in my head.

"I guess not." I said, sounding not quite convinced. Still, I managed a sideways grin when I looked at her. "But I'll be keeping an eye on you, alright? The moment you start flirting with Ril, I will be on you like a hawk."

Flirting with Ril? Taleen turned to look at the one-eyed guardsmen. "Hmmm...I don't think he's my type." 

IC: Mimira

Mimira took a sip of her drink, deciding she liked it she continued to drink. She paused for a moment, not wanting to be left out of the conversation. "I'm Mimira."

(OOC: eek, where'd that huge gap in time come from? sorry!)

IC: Karaihe - Ta-Koro

Yep, another eyebrow raise from me, Imma 'fraid. 's becomin' an habit. To the lesterin I give a glassy smile which is most definitely not friendly, an' to the 'toran I give a nod and a "Yeah, I guess." This time my diamond grin is pretty real. I feel in a good mood, so I say: "Name's Karaihe, corp'ral in the Guards," I pause. "Off duty at the moment, course."

IC: Naohi [Ta-Koro {outside a tavern}]

"Oh, well a pleasure to meet you sir!" Naohi said with a curtsy. "I was just about to visit a tavern! which i'm certain will be just as exciting as the word used to refer to it is!" She bobbed up and down with more excitement at this mundane thought than a Po-Matoran at a championship kolhii match. "An' then maybe i was gonna drink some too, because my throat is reeeeeally dry right now, talking so much like this doesn't help any either!"

bnnrimg1.pngbnnrimg2.pngbnnrimg3.pngbnnrimg4.pngbnnrimg5.pngbnnrimg8.png

OOC: Never mind, I'll have my character stay here.

IC (As Fupa): She smiled back in response to the skakdi. "Well, I wouldn't mind a drinking contest, but I would prefer water, ale makes me extremely thirsty and it offers no relief to a dry pair of lips or throat." He looked down at Naohi. "Tavern is often a Lesterin newborn's first word. Fun fact." Said the bigender Lesterin. "Why don't we enter the Magma Lounge?"

If you like Pingu & want to support a good project, click here. Also, I've rejoined the BZPRPG & I have a new profile for a new game. Click here to see it.

IC:

Well, I watched her kick the out of Er-NO

NO.

He would not betray his man's confidence. Not even for Saeva Sareta.

...Would he?

NO.

"It's a funny story, though," he sufficed to say.

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC:

"What's happening now?" Reordin Maru, bloodstained Sanctum jacket and all, nonetheless strode into the Magma Lounge as if he were born to roam the place, Skrihen in tow with a smirk. "I heard something about flirting with Ril and came as fast as I could. Am I too late? I wanted to record the occasion for when we take back the Sanctum."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

Taleen waved back at Onuzek and gave him a smile. "He is pretty adorable, but he's not really my type either. It's more like having a giant, younger brother." 

IC: Mimira

Mimira took a sip of her drink, cocking her head as she tried to recall when she'd met Gunner. "I don't remember..." 

IC:

Oh my god snap this girl up are you KIDDING ME MARU

We're. Not. Into. Each. Other. Back in your goddamn corner.

I won't let you stop this

I'm stopping this.

NOT THIS TIME

Reordin's mouth tightened oddly and formed a half-smirk before forcibly pushing the right corner of his mouth back into a straight line.

"Good one."

I'M COMING PLAGIA

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME