BZPRPG - Ta-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: "Congrats, man! Looks like you're a big shot now!" he beamed, stepping over and clapping Angel on the back with a boisterous laugh. "Always had a feeling I'd have friends in high places one day." he joked, plucking another plantain chip out of his box and flagrantly dipping it in Angel's sauce.

The couple shot him a look, and he gave them a shrug in response. "Hey, I gotta try it at least once."

He popped it in his mouth, and his gold eyes went saucer-shaped.

"...Great Spirit."

helo frens

IC: "You know, I'm pretty sure they don't exist, man." Jol replied at length, after making sure his mouth was back in working order.

", does he really?" he asked, incredulous. "Then I guess I'm really lucky I ran into you." he said with a wry smirk, crunching upon the last two at once, then tossing the box into a nearby trash bin some fifteen feet away.

Man, those things could get air.

helo frens

IC:

I sort of mumbled a "yeah yeah no problem mate," since I was far more preoccupied with the massive edifice rising out of the ground. Slowly, too slowly for my tastes, I regained my natural poise and eloquence, and I looked at Helios with a smirk.

"Althooooooough," I said, dropping the remnants of my stick and bringing my hands to my hips, "I can understand your pathological need to be in contact with me, no matter how brief it may be. I am very attractive, after all. Don't deny your feelings, Helios."

IC:

Well.

This was fun.

"Mim, I appreciate your enthusiasm," I said, drawing my own sword, "but I already had my misgivings about you being on this ship, battling against these pirates, before the whole place started sinking. In my humble opinion, I think maybe you sit this fight out."

IC:

The leaden feelings of his limbs suggested to Rynekk that a Toa of Gravity was at work here, and a quick glance at the colouration of his opponent's armour only confirmed these suspicions. The Hau on his face posed another problem, apropos his superior defensive abilities.

This will be close.

Rynekk didn't make any threats; time was of the essence here. Activating his Kakama, he charged at the Toa, his speed no longer as great as it could have been in optimal conditions, but still sufficient to beat the debilitation of the increased gravity. He felt as his elemental powers stirred in his breast, ready to be used at a moment's notice, and without a moment of hesitation, plunged the tip of his spear at the pirate's left shoulder.

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: What did I miss?

I check around her. Nobody's standing.

Only Aeolus or Arden, not both. She may not be looking for help, but she needs it.

I shake her hand and clear my throat.

"I see just one of you."

Edited by Own Personal Quixote

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: An insane grin spread itself across the Lesterin's face as he charged, swinging his scythe sideways as Verulas rolled under the path of the weapon, barely avoiding a second strike from his opponent as a small fruit appeared in the Toa's hand. He threw it on the ground, causing it to break apart as it released a green mist in between them and obscured their visibility of each other.

"Fool! Do you think that I wear this Akaku for show?"

He activated his mask power, scanning through the cloud of water vapor and harmless spores for his prey and was surprised to find nothing.

"No," a voice said from behind him. "I kind of thought you wore it to spare others from looking at your face!"

The Lesterin turned around as Verulas became fully visible once more, a second too late to stop the Toa from punching him in the head. His counter-attack was parried by Verulas's sword as a palm strike was quickly delivered into his chest, causing him to release his grip on the scythe as he flew backwards and hit the ground.

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

IC (Oreius, Inu)

"Toa Oreius?"

The Toa of Fire started at the voice, and turned to see a black Skakdi approaching. For a moment, his adrenaline spiked: he saw the Piraka's form in hers, and readied to fight. Then he looked closer, and relaxed: he recognized her, even if he didn't know her. He'd seen her around HQ; the lack of insignia or an official greeting and salute meant she was likely a free agent. Detective? Coroner? Merc? Regardless, she was probably after the same thing he was: information about the murder at the Ta-Kini. Maybe she already knew something.

"Yes," he replied, expression carefully neutral. "How can I help?"

IC: Bohrei [Near Ta-Kini]

For an instant, she saw the Toa tense, his weight shifting - ready to leap, to strike, to hunt - and in the back of her mind there was a shudder of recognition. Then the moment passed, and Oreius Maru was just another Toa. 

"Yes, how can I help?"

She raised her bag.  "Bohrei Tantarus; I'm employed with the Guard as coroner.  I don't believe we've met."  She kept her voice cool; the Toa had betrayed no expression beyond that moment of surprise, so for the moment there was no reason not to respond in kind.  

"I was called here several hours ago.  I'm given to understand you're here about the murders, correct? I've prepared a preliminary autopsy report, if you're interested.  And I need to ask you some questions."

Behind him, she could see other members of the Guard milling about the Suva; one in particular, a Toa of Iron, seemed to have noticed them.  "Shall we continue on to the Suva and speak there? It looks like more of the investigative corps has arrived, which means the both of us are about to become quite popular whether we like it or not."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

IC:

I sort of mumbled a "yeah yeah no problem mate," since I was far more preoccupied with the massive edifice rising out of the ground. Slowly, too slowly for my tastes, I regained my natural poise and eloquence, and I looked at Helios with a smirk.

"Althooooooough," I said, dropping the remnants of my stick and bringing my hands to my hips, "I can understand your pathological need to be in contact with me, no matter how brief it may be. I am very attractive, after all. Don't deny your feelings, Helios."

IC: Helios (Charred Forest)

"I... uh, well..."

Seriously, where did that come from?

"I wouldn't say you're not, not at all, but I wasn't really trying anything"

I hadn't felt this awkward since the first time Melna'd given me a hug after my transformation. The difference was that Melna probably meant nothing by it, but here I wasn't so sure.

"I think this is where quick-thinking would have been a useful talent-skill" I said quietly.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC (Korero)

"Take your pick," Korero replied. As Verulas engaged the Lesterin, he dashed at the Vortixx.

The Toa of Air caught one dagger-strike by blocking her wrist with his forearm, then grabbed her other arm with both hands to redirect her follow-up. Still gripping her arm, he moved around to her left, but she was faster than he expected and pushed back before he could strike, knocking him onto his back.

She leaped at the prone Toa, dagger plunging down towards his chest—but with a second to spare, he splayed a hand, and a blast of air lifted the Vortixx off her feet and flung her into a wall.

Seeing his opponent dazed by the impact, Korero pressed his advantage, sending a sharp kick to one of her wrists. She dropped one dagger with a yelp.

Edited by Twelfth Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

"I don't know what a 'Molly Maid' is," I countered, the famous grin still as fixed as all the bets I've ever bothered making (boom!). "So can't say fersher on that count... Listen, er, Skyro? Skyri? Skyr-"

"Skyra."

"Skyre," I inclined my head. "Madam... Miss... or whatever. Like my associate prolly informed you, Skeera, we could use a hand with some, ah, how'd you put it Neffie? Yeah, 'spring cleaning.' It's part of a surprise housewarming present for our dear Dor, who I'm to understand is a mutual friend of ours? Yeah? Wonderful. See, nobody likes to come home to all this dust, do they? Being so next-level considerate, I figured hey, let's do the dusting for him, yeah? But between you and me, gal, I'm also next-level lazy; there's a lot of surfaces, eensy weensy teensy ickle crevices that my fat fingers--"

Here, I wiggled my piggies in front of her face like a penny magician that just made a widget appear from behind your ear; that's something I know how to do, by the way. I went on "--can't fit into. So I had the brilliant idea - I'm just full of those, Nat'll tell you - to find a nice Toa of Air like you, doll, who'd help speed along the process, use all them fancy gusty things to straight annihilate, obliterate, decapitate all these dust bunnies... If it helps you to think of them as bunnies, I don't judge. So, Skylala, whaddaya say?"

test2.png

IC (Leah):

Aaand he's back... the Toa of water thought, glad to have pulled Reordin out of his grim thoughts.

"You turning the pool in Nokama's hut into wine still outranks anything I've ever said on the ridiculous scale." she remarked as she stepped out of the embrace, playfully poking him in the ribs.

"For somebody trying stay away from trouble at home you sure try to get into it elsewhere."

She let out a short breath. Her muscles were aching and Ta-Koro's climate was far from conducive to her recuperating from the fight with the Piraka. She imagined Reordin was not feeling much different. It was time to return home and bring Hahli up to speed on what had happened, if the Matoran messengers hadn't already done so. 

"Let's go. The Ga-Koro girls are waiting - and they are not as forgiving as I am."

She winked at him, accompanied by a cheeky grin, before purposely sashaying ahead onto the bridge.

Still a Le-Koro prankster at heart.

OOC: Leah to Ga-Wahi. Reo to follow - once he snaps out of looking at her walk away =P

---------------------

IC (Mariko):

Mariko was sitting on the bunk in the empty cell when Draeverian found him again. The dark Toa was leaned slightly forward, one arm placed on his knee, propping up his torso, the other held loosely, fingers still wrapped around the syringe. He had a dark look on his face and was obviously pondering on thoughts that were equally grim, judging by the way he was glaring at the floor. He had spent the last few hours going over every detail in the cell and the corridor, trying to find out more clues.There had been no interruptions, since the majority of guardsmen were swarming all over Ta-Koro to deal with the damage that the Skakdi's attack had caused. It had allowed him to work with complete focus, but beyond mentally recreating the inmate's escape, there was little to go on. Which made Draeverian's arrival fortunate.

He looked up as the Toa of sonics entered. Draeverian's head turned to him. 

"So...do you know what it is?" he asked. Mariko slightly shook his head. "Not exactly; but I have a strong suspicion."

He looked at his companion for a few seconds, then turned back towards the floor. "Tell me what you remember of the escape and this old friend of yours."

The Toa of Sonics grimaced, but then began to recount the events after he and Mariko had parted ways in the village before the attack. When he had finished, Mariko stood up and walked up to him. He handed the other Toa the syringe. "This little concoction...is based on Antidermis."

IC: Draeverian

DJ peered down at the syringe in his hand, as if trying to find some clue as to what this 'Antidermis' was despite his blindness. With a groan he turned his head back to Mariko as he bluntly asked
"And what is Antidermis?"

IC (Mariko):

"It's liquid evil..." the dark Toa replied, shrugging, though the gesture was futile since it went unseen. "That's the best I can sum it up with."

"If you're asking me about what exactly it's made out of, I don't know. The other Aitua and me encountered it a few times over the last thousand years, but we never got a chance to examine it closely enough to determine that. And the only time we got in contact with it, we - "

Mariko suddenly paused, leaving the sentence unfinished. He trusted Draeverian as a companion, but sharing what had happened to him with the Toa of sonics...no, he couldn't let an outsider in on it. 

"All I know is, is that it is directly tied into the shadow's corruption, the same or at least similar to that which the Makuta caused. It can grant awesome powers - but always at a prize...and it can never be used for good."

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: Natharius.

While they waited for Skyra - who appeared to be seriously questioning whether coming here was the wisest choice - to respond, Natharius turned to Grokk. He'd been thinking about how they could still get to work on their prank without Skyra catching them out. "You know, Grokk, I got to thinking. If Skyra helps us out, the cleaning will be over pretty quickly. The extra time we'll have on our hands could let us make this less of a housewarming, and more of a, I dunno, surprise party."

He took another sip of his drink before placing it back down on the table, both delighted and disturbed by how good he was getting at coming up with outright lies on the spot. "What do you think?" 

OOC: Yeah... subtlety was never really my strong point. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: Skyra 

Is this guy a comedian? I decided if that was true then he was a really lousy one. There was definitely something else going on here besides just housewarming and spring cleaning. Natharius kept putting emphasis on certain words which lead me to believe there was something else going on and they were trying to hide it from me. Well they really sucked at it. Natharius was clearly taking the lead from...Grokk as I'd just heard him be called. 

Grokk was reminding me heavily of a shady business man that offers you an 'amazing' deal with all the pleasant smiles in the world while he pickpockets you. The fact that he was Dorian's friend really didn't give me a reason to trust him either, considering Dorian's past. 

For now though, I decided it was best to play the part of the dumb, naive Toa and go along with it until I found out what was really going on. 

"Alright, I'll make the dust disappear..." I looked at Natharius. "I'm not sure if a suprise party would be appropriate...last I saw Dorian a surprise was the last thing he needed."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Consider the companion.

Pros: -guard member

-able to set watches -> cut through Dark Walk -> faster

-able to split duties -> meal production faster -> faster

-get to know people

-substitute talker

Cons: -talking

I nod and reach into the ground. The dust recombines into a knife, I toss it to them. Can't go unarmed where we're headed.

I start going there.

[Profiles]

IC Kirgan

(Ta-Koro):

Kirgan decided that he had had enough of Ta-Koro for now. It had been fun, but he felt like he needed to be back in his own village... he was not certain why, but probably he was already missing it.

Giving the Ta-Koro guard ensign back to the guard first, Kirgan started for the Ta-Onu-tunnel.

IC: Zaara

"What in the name of Mata Nui happened here?" Zaara wondered out loud as she wandered the ruined streets of the fortress city she now knew to be Ta-Koro. In the back of her mind, she wondered how she could remember the name of the Great Spirit, but practically nothing else about her own past. One of the many perks of being a Toa, it seemed: not being able to remember diddlysquat except for the name of the guy who'd presumably taken her memories. And a few things about herself, of course. She was Zaara, a Toa of plasma, with a mastery of throwing knives and adequate skill with the bow. Not that she really needed much skill with any weapon, since her reshaped Kanohi Sanok did all of the hard work for her. 

But still... what the heck had happened here? It looked like a crowd of rioting psychopaths armed with explosives had rampaged through the city (which wasn't that far from the truth). She stopped in front of a deep, exploded crater that she was sure had been some kind of important building, judging by the number of Matoran and guardsmen still loitering around it. 

"Who did this...?" she breathed, taking in the admittedly awe-inspiring slew of damage radiating outwards from the building's shell. "Wow..." At that moment, she had only one goal in mind. Find out whoever had done this, and make them pay. 

OOC: I'm likely going to be offline for a while, so don't bother interacting with Zaara, as I won't be around to respond. Sorry about that. Just wanted to add her into the story before I left. 

Edited by NatoGreavesy

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

IC: (Kino)

"Nice to meet you too Jolek," I replied, with a smile. I was able to hide how red in the cheeks Angel had made me by coming out and saying I was his girlfriend. My heartbeat a little bit faster, and I was also happy to see that Angelus was able to hang out with one of his good friends. Good news for Angelus, considering the state of Ta-Koro, was good that he'd get his mind off it for at least a little bit.

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

OOC: Keeping Natharius occupied for you, Nato; don't worry about him on your vacay.

IC:

"Aw, come on!" I cajoled, elbowing the chick playfully. "Nobody don't like a good surprise party! Nefcanoe, we're gonna need party supplies. I'm talkin' dunce caps, noisemakers - clackety and trumpety kinds, we're pulling out all the stops - a cake, balloons, a confetti cannon--"

"Confetti cannon?"

"Patero with confetti cartridges," I amended, rolling my eyes exaggeratedly for Skeeta's benefit. I tossed him a draw-purse of widgets. "Go bonanza, spare no expense, leave no survivors. Get to it!" Nattie nodded, and after setting down his bottle he exited the place again on a mission. He looked about ready to execute a midair bell-kick as he skipped down the lane with my shopping list. I turned back to Skyrat. "Don't mind him," I told her confidentially, with a sly wink. "He's never done anything this exciting with his life before... so! Onto dusting. Big shocker - you may wanna be sitting down for this one - I'm good at getting in the way of things. What do I do to not get in the way?"

test2.png

Somehow I didn't find it all that shocking. 

"Hmmmm....lemme think...." I pretended to put some actual thought into this before I nudged Mr. Smiles and lead him to one corner of the room, right by an open window. "Just um...try to stay right here while I get to work. Don't want to breath in all that dust." 

I turned around, looking over the room as I clasped my hands together. "Alrighty then...time to destroy some bunnies..." With a gleam in my eye I put a hand forward as I drew upon my elemental energy. The trick was to make a constant gust of wind strong enough to pick up the dust without it blowing anything else away, like trinkets, furniture, or Skakdi. I started with the couch on the opposite corner from Grokk, letting the air blow through every nook and cranny that could be hiding dust bunnies. I made sure to be very thorough. As the dust blew out and into the air I reached out with my other hand and guided the dust into a slowly forming dust cloud in the center of the room.

"Let it blowww! Let it blowww! Blow those bunnies right out the doorrr~" I sang as I moved systematically through the room, remove dust wherever I went. The dust cloud was getting quite big. As I continued through the house I noticed the back door. 

Oh, that window seems to be broken. Well that was something I was gonna have to ask Grokk about...but first...

The majority of the dust was now collected in my dust cloud, I began to manipulate the air to guide it toward the window. Yes, the one I had Grokk stand next to. The dust cloud managed to float right into him, it hovered there for a moment before I pushed it out the window and into the koro. "Whoops!"

IC:

Can't say I hadn't seen that one coming. I ducked most of the cloud as it flew towards me, but couldn't move quick enough to avoid getting a big, fuzzy facefull of lint before the tumbleweed-esque formation of grime blew over me and out the window (I'm officially calling bullpucky on her 'whoops'). I straightened, coughing and sputtering a little, then scrunched up my eyes and rubbed the dirt off my face out the window with long swipes. When my visage returned to Skittle's view, it was clean, and the Grokk Grin was back in full force.

"We-ell done," I cooed, examining the place. It shone like my teeth; there wasn't a speck of dust in sight. Even the tops of the books looked scrubbed. She'd had her fun, but she'd been thorough too; can't say I woulda done things any different. "Ve-ery nice handiwork, darlin'. You're a good neighbor, that's what you are." With new impunity, I slouched into a chaise-lounge (of course he had a chaise-lounge), picked up a nearby deck of cards, and started flicking the little bamboo box between my hands as I strategized about the best place to hide the confetti cannon.

Chickadee'd finished dusting but she hadn't left. Guess some people don't know when they've overstayed their welcome at someone else's loft. I spared her a glance, but returned unconcernedly to the pack of cards. "...Why are you still here, Sky's-the-limit?"

test2.png

IC: We approach the Dark Walk at a good pace. Before the tunnel, I stop and turn to them again. Change in terrain means a change in travel.

We need light. So, I pull out a lantern and pass it to them. Check one.

We need safety, but they're guard members, they know when to be stealthy. Check two.

All checked. Let's go.

I turn and walk into the tunnel.

OOC: Aeolus/Arden and Sulov to Kini-Nui.

[Profiles]

I'd done his dirty work (yeah I know) and now he wanted me to leave. I wondered if leaving was a good idea, who knew what he might do to 'surprise' Dorian. 

"Oh I was just gonna stay here till Dorian comes back, that's why I came to Ta-koro in the first place." I explained, and that was the reason I had come to Ta-koro.

"Also I couldn't help but notice the broken window on the back door, care to explain that?" 

Edited by Skitty

IC: Helios (Charred Forest)

IC:

The ruin was still churning up the earth in my peripheral vision. But not much I can do right now, is there?

My eyes were still on Helios, crinkled in a smile at his expression of abject horror. It had been a long time since I'd had that sort of reaction to my innuendo; most of my friends/acquaintances/enemies, and I'm not naming any names here nosirree, would either be too fond of shooting it right back, or were a bit too clueless to tell distinguish my faux-romanticisms from my usual, charming self. ######, not since Kehuri--

Yeeeeeeeah, no. Not going down memory lane--

"Classic denial," I said, shaking my head and clucking my tongue. "Search your feelings, Helios. You know it to be true."

IC: Mimira

IC:

"Once again, while I appreciate your enthusiasm, I'm not sure if you should be here. And I'm remarkably clever, so I think that I have a very good point."

"And why do you have a ducky floatation device?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]