BZPRPG - Ga-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Silo - Near Ga-Koro

Inwardly I sigh contently - a perfect chance maybe. My heart's racing...so close to my prize. "Yes, I suppose that would be best..." I say in measured but slightly melancholy tones. After all, this character I've woven will most likely be sad to part with such an interesting companion for even a second. And while I'm there, without this fool (and I use the word in not overly negative way), I can think up all kinds of stories...yeah...how about 'Skorm was the one who sent me to kill you' or, if things go sour (not that they will), "Skorm, Casanuva's gone mad (probably Antidermis, honestly), and is trying to kill me!'... A part of me almost regrets having to remove such a relatively interesting character: as toa go, Casanuva captured everything I dislike in a living being, and simultaneously everything I like to see in someone I'm about to kill.

Edited by The Silent King

Kathok

IC: Viloz

"I expect a good tip to go with that apology." Viloz said, giving the Toa of fire a pointed look as he jotted down two waters. "Cyr, you probably don't know what you like so I'll just come back with a few samplers."

Stuffing his notepad away, he made his way back behind the bar counter and started pouring a couple of waters, alongside a variety of smaller alcoholic beverages. A couple of ice cubes later, and he returned to the table with a full tray and a handful of menus.

"Drink up." he said, setting everything down before pointing at Cyramar's sample-sized drinks one at a time. "Here you've got beer, piña colada, whiskey sour, Bula juice, water, and milk. First three are alcoholic beverages, and if you don't know what that means, you'll find out after you have a few of them. You want more of something or don't like anything, let me know."

IC: (Datrox)

​The Toa of Fire took a sip of his water. He was somewhat curious as to why Viloz had given Cyramar every drink in the bar, but decided that the Lesterin must just really like alcohol. He nudged Sorox.
"So, like, do you hate me again?"

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

IC: Kaikino

Kaikino rested his head against the wall, listening to the conversation that was happening on the other side of the wall and down the street. Praise Mata-Nui for Vortixx technology! The sound came in a little weak to his hearing aid, but it was still decent. Not as refined as a Toa of Sound could do, but most Toa wouldn't be interested in snooping on a shopkeeper's conversations.

This particular shopkeeper had a sizable debt to pay off, but insisted he didn't have the goods to do it. Kaikino was hired by the loaner to find the truth. He wasn't entirely sure if that made him a Private Investigator or Loan Shark Muscle for this job, but if anybody asked a P.I. sounded much cooler to him.

He silenced his thoughts as he listened closer to the shopkeeper. Full sentences were hard to pick out, but it sounded like little Mr. Asube had good business. Really good business. Which was interesting, since he sold rugs and cloth. Something more interesting was going on. Kaikino smiled a little.

'Course, now he had to break into his little shop at night. That would be fun. Kaikino slipped away from the wall, removed his ear piece and stowed it, and headed in the direction of the Ga-Koro gates. He had some information to share.

OOC: Kaikino open for interaction

IC: Cyramar

Cyramar nodded, and tried them one by one.

The beer and piña colada got little reaction out of him outside of a mildly off-put face, the former more so than the latter.

The Whiskey Sour tasted fine, but made something in his chest burn. Like, on the surface, below his armor. He didn't want to try that again.

The Bula juice tasted alright. He quite liked it, actually.

Despite everything, Cyramar knew what water was. It got neither a positive nor negative reaction out of him.

Milk was similarly fine, just with less to internally comment on.

"Uh. Can I have some Bula Juice?...please?" Talking aloud next to so many strangers made Cyramar scream internally.

aBlR6jE.png

My profiles

Read my Epic:Tales of Aoris Nui!

Profile pic by Soulemn on DA!

I also have a custom species approved for the BZPRPG! Click here to read about them!

IC:

Soraph smiled back at the Toa of Magnetism and returned the wave the wave hello as she clambered out of the submarine with the ease of a sailor that had been a on a months-long journey.  Jumping onto the decks, Soraph broke into a slow run before stopping a few feet in front of Casanuva. Behind him were the rest of his team, though Soraph didn't pay too much attention to them.

"So I've got good new and I've got great news. Which do you want to hear first?"

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

OOC: Actually, just Zueya is there with him.

IC: The blue-clad Fa-Toa's smile turned into a smirk. Behind this exterior, however, he felt relieved. At least he had accomplished something with this trip. Much more than he had anticipated, anyway. Shoving this in Kalyss's face would be fun. "Well, I'd prefer you let me down easy. What's the good news?"

The times, they are a-changing...

IC:

"Don't worry. It's a lot like being a girl on Kentoku - I think - just without people telling you that you can only spend your life beating up shiny stuff just because your parents did!"

Whitehot threw her arm around the clearly flustered Sinshi's shoulder and gave her a comforting shake.

"Like how my mom sold antiques and I beat people up and show off my badge!"

-Tyler

IC:

"That is... One way of looking at it, I suppose." The Menti said slowly, sipping at her coffee quietly. "Though I cannot say it gives any better an idea of what this 'feminism' is. Nevertheless, your culture's tendency towards meritocracy is an interesting change of pace."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Vilda Mako (Chisai Ryuu)

Call me an old softie, but seeing Soraph smile was just what the doctor ordered after everything that'd happened the last couple of days on this trip. It was a shame she'd only been stuck here because her aunt didn't feel like having her around, at least she was trying to make the best of it, and that is a mindset I can respect.

So I gave her a polite wave as she walked off, and I went to find Dakte and deliver the news to him, too. I was feeling just a tiny bit better.

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Silo - Outside Ga-Koro

Now comes my decision. Oh, why are the stupid little toa are always the ones to clog up my master plans with unnecessary detail! Well...if I persuade him to stay, which I have no doubt I'll be able to do, I can keep my plan nice and tidy and, if it comes to it, spin him a (semi-)lie about Casanuva's evil nature. That would be funny, it's true to say. So not only would this option be safer - free from the risk of an angry Skorm at my back - but I would also get a bonus opportunity to make more people hurt Casanuva. 

So what about the other option, you ask? Well that would be to let Skorm come with me, cloaked. Aha! This would be reckless, a roll of the dice. But how could this option be at all beneficial, I hear you chorus? Well, if I convince Skorm that Casanuva will accept him, love him, and tie a pink ribbon 'round his neck (which I have no doubt I'll be able to do), he might just uncloak himself. In an ideal world, very near Casanuva. That frightened wimp-of-a-toa might just lash out in surprise at someone he so recently fought as an enemy.

This would provide a lovely distraction to our Fa-Toa protagonist...but, on the other hand, even must admit that this kind of tactic has an alarmingly small success rate. What if Casanuva goes completely against his character and sees sense? What if Skorm, who seems relatively intelligent for a toa, refuses to uncloak? What if, what if, what if...so many variables to keep track of - or in my case, not. I personally see them as variables to be ignored, laughed at for even daring to think that I care, when I certainly don't.

Yes, you've guessed it. If you can contemplate even a scrap of my withered and twisted piece of personality, you'll know which option I chose. It's the option I'll always choose: the one that never guarantees success. If you've ever traveled with me, you'll know how seldom I do things with safety, with security. I'd have to be really depressed to shoot a sniper rifle from an opposite building, or worse still send a squad of soldiers to break down a door. That's for weaklings, cowards, and all other types of boring people.

No, I'll kill Casanuva with the stakes high, with the crowd roaring and frothing at the mouth, drowning out the referees who shout foul play. I haven't got this far by hiding behind a shield, and I haven't come this far to pick one up. I'll gamble, I'll live dangerously, like I've always done.

So to Skorm then, I give a simple, "Sure."

• Upvote 1

Kathok

"...and that's what I found out."

The Matoran on the other side of the desk rubbed the chin of his mask in deep thought. "Huh. I'm guessing the loan he took out wasn't for his legitimate business either."

Kaikino shrugged. "I don't see why he would need to take a loan out if he's running a black market anyways."

The Matoran leaned forward and shook his head. "No, no, that's the thing. He owes somebody money underground, so he used a legal source to pay them off and now he won't repay me. Bad move though; I don't like being played like a fiddle."

"So do you still want to hire me for the rest of the job?"

"Nah." He leaned back in the chair and picked up a few pieces of paper to study. "I'll just tip off the Marines onto him. That should get him freaking. Once his shop is deserted, I'll contact you again for a raid."

Kaikino nodded. "Fair enough. Good luck with the Marines."

The Matoran waved a hand absentmindedly. "Yeah, yeah, see you around."

Kaikino stood up and left the small loan office. It was just outside the Ga-Koro gates, not far from the urban hum of the Koro. Now to find something to do...or another job until his employer called him up again.

OOC: Kaikino OFI or Employment

IC: Skorm's mouth twigged as he activated his Huna. He was being sarcastic, but sure, this could actually work. It's not like he was trying to kill somebody this time. Seeing him with a friendly face could make initial contact... easier. Though if Kalyss and Vakua were still there, they would have to be accounted for. Vakua could even avert most of this whole cloak-and-dagger thing.

Overall, he felt confidant. Something he hadn't felt in a long time. "I'll follow your lead."

"Right." I say, apparently relaxed. As Skorm's form shimmers and disappears from view like a mirage, I have a thought (I know, I know, a rare occurrence): "Hey, we're both Ba-Toa, right? I don't want to lose you in the crowd, so would ya mind sending gravity pulses out every now and then so that I don't stray away from you by accident?" An innocent enough question, but behind it is a cold steel intention. Not that Skorm knows that, of course. 

As Skorm answers and we draw near the gates of Ga-Koro, I notice a tall figure of a kind I'm so often acquainted with. Every time I look in the mirror, for example. Yes, he looks to me like a merc...could this day get any more thrilling? I flash a smile, but there's daggers in it. 

• Upvote 1

Kathok

Kaikino paused. That being....the flashy one, with the purple armor, did he just smile? Wasn't a warm smile. He recognized the type of smile actually. It was the smile of beings of crooked morals, of corrupt businessmen, of desperate killers, and now it sat on the face of that being. A job, perhaps? Kaikino approached warily, taking his steps with caution.

"Stranger." Kaikino began, a finger tapping against the slung warhammer on his back. "You have my attention. What is your business?"

IC:

"The good news is that the Commodore is letting a small group of us leave Ga-Koro to scout out Ko-Wahi. The great news is that you get to be my personal tour guide" Soraph answered with a small prod to Casanuva's chest. 

"And I want to see everything."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: The smirk remained on Casanuva's face as he grabbed Soraph's hand. "Everything? Well. It'll be difficult, but I might be able to help with that."

Some forced-sounding coughing interrupted the dialogue before he could continue. "So," Zueya said, "Who else is coming with us?"

IC: (Datrox)

He rolled his eyes at the ambiguous answer.
​"Hm. Well, I'll respect that then and not try to figure out that secret whatsoever. Loose lips sink ships and all that."
I'm totally gonna figure out that secret.

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Before Skorm can reply, this being has walked up to me and offered the very thing I'm interested in. If I was superstitious I would exclaim that the Great Spirit of Civilization was smiling upon me, but luckily my brain spares me that inconvenience. "Yes..." I say thoughtfully, and half to my self - while making sure that Skorm is in earshot. "I'm entering the Koro, and...well some people might recognize me..." And here I pause to let the nearby Skorm understand that of course it isn't me I'm talking about. "...some people who might not want to see me, or at least see me alive." I continue gravely. "Would you mind following me at a short distance as I search the village - an hour or two max?" Another pause. "And if anything bad happens in that time," I wink, "You'll know what to do."

Kathok

Simple enough job. Follow, track, and protect if needed. "Fine. I can handle that." Kaikino didn't ask questions beyond that on a job. The more questions you asked, the more dangerous the job became. He didn't care if he was searching for Matoran to sacrifice to Makuta or searching for a bounty to turn into the Marines. But a couple of details needed to be ironed over first. "I'll give you the rate after the job is finished, but you need to prove to me that you have payment first. This isn't a charity."

IC: Instead of focusing on Silo, Skorm focused entirely on how he would enter the Koro. He concentrated as he flexed his power over gravity, rendering himself weightless. Still hinder guise of his Huna, the Ba-Toa pushed off the ground, propelling him at a moderate pace through the air. Once he reached a suitable height, he shifted the gravity around him slightly, guiding him to an alley.

Once landed, Skorm immediately dropped to a knee, deactivating his Huna. This was it. Where he had caused so much pain. Back again, trying to set things right.

Edited by Keeper of Kraata

IC (Dakte)

Dakte sat cross-legged beside his bunk, eyes closed and hands resting on his knees. The Menti was alone in the bunkroom: all its other occupants were either enjoying Ga-Koro’s hospitality or tending to duties elsewhere on the Ryuu.

For the umpteenth time, he exhaled deeply and tried to clear his mind of thoughts, as Mako had instructed him on their walk back to the Matoran village. It was the simplest of preparations for Willhammer training, a mental exercise that could easily be practiced anywhere without the need for a partner or other focus. It was the first stepping stone in that river, the highest and the dryest. It should have been trivial.

And it seemed to be downright impossible.

Emptying his mind felt like bailing a sinking ship, or trying to stamp a stubborn bump out of a rug. No matter how many thoughts he clamped down on, others sprang up to take their place. Part of it, he began to realise, was a direct result of the Menti training he already possessed. His Soulsword was ingrained into his subconscious, every inch and detail of its shape, lying just within a thought’s reach and ready to be pulled into physicality at a moment’s notice. His Mindarm training was interfering too, making him instinctively reach out to sense the objects around him: their size, their weight, and how much force would be needed to pull, push or lift them.

Now he began to understand why Battlemasters were so rare. It was as though each discipline pulled in a different direction. Their individual techniques were like discordant melodies that refuse to harmonise. Mastering two had been difficult, but to add a third would take a mental flexibility that Dakte was not sure he possessed.

Nonetheless, he would not give up at the first hurdle. He gathered his will and tried once again, pushing his thoughts away and letting pure, calm blankness replace them. He resisted the sense of the matter around him and let the memory of his Soulsword slip away. His instincts tugged at him, trying to pull his attention back to those well-worn techniques, but he resisted their call until it died away, and then…

There.

For a blissful moment, his mind was clear, with all thoughts and senses and mental preparations stripped away to leave only an indescribable sense of self. Of simply being.

And then the sound of footsteps outside the door shattered his reverie, and jerked him back to the world. Stiffly he rose to his feet, joints protesting after sitting cross-legged for so long. He touched a hand to his forehead and closed his eyes, but the moment of clarity was gone, out of reach. Still, he had reached it. And if he had done it once, he could do it again.

Buoyed up by that small success, he went to the door and opened it to find Mako waiting outside.

“Datsue,” he said with a small bow. “What do you need?”

Edited by Ghosthands

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

IC:

Soraph turned her head to Zueya, looking slightly confused as if she'd forgotten someone else was there, or wondering why someone would interrupt her and Casanuva. The expression was gone in an instant though, and she wore the same charming smile as before. 

"Vilda Mako will also be coming - he's what you'd call a Turaga. A Menti by the name of Dakte will also be along for the ride. He's a nice enough guy, but he's a little quiet if you ask me."

She turned her head back to the Toa of Magnetism.

"We're just supposed to be doing some recon, no going into the Koro itself or anything. Too dangerous. I told them we'd have the likes of you protecting us" she said, squeezing Casanuva's hand, "but the Commodore insisted. Still, I think we'll be able learn a lot about the place, and each other, on the trip" Soraph said with a wink. "Are you and the rest of the Kalta ready to leave now? It shouldn't take my group too long to pack our things."

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

Which Barraki are you?

IC: This was sounding more and more splendid. Casanuva cocked his head as he spoke: "We travel pretty light, so we should be able to move out as soon as you all are ready."

Zueya was crossing her arms. "Good call by your Commodore. Aelied and I were just there... its not exactly a nice place. A skakdi tried to rough us up. Someone else beheaded him."

IC (Dakte)

“Datsue,” he said with a small bow. “What do you need?”

IC: Vilda Mako (Chisai Ryuu)

"A trip back in time, if you got one" I replied with a sullen tone, still mulling over upcoming complications in my head.

"Commodore's got an assignment for us, you see" I continued, as if that somehow explained the sudden desire for time travel, "Soraph's been granted permission to go on her expedition with the native Menti look-alikes, on the condition that the two of us come along as well. She wants use the trip to gather recon on the Chaotic Six and check the terrain, but avoid any direct confrontation with hostile natives."

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC: Soraya [The Great Takea]

Soraya put an index finger up in Aki's general direction.  "Give me thirty seconds," she said, her attention focused on the person behind the bar  

"Hi there," she said, chipper like a death row inmate two steps from the gallows.  "I'm going to try some math here.  You look like you're about two or three times as large as I am.  That means I need you to pour whatever you would pour yourself to knock your head off after one of those kinds of days.  And I'm going to need you to make it a double."

IC (Rhow):

"That fella must have given you some really good news then." Rhow commented drily, as she dutifully produced a bottle from the shelf behind her. The glass was thick and bore no label - it was better not to know the contents ingredients anyway. Grabbing two glasses, she placed everything between her and the other Das-whatevertheywerecalled.

"You sure about this, lass? I heard what's being said on the streets when we got back. I doubt your crystal-coat-commodore will be happy when Viloz and I deliver what's left of you back to your glassboat after this."

She looked Soraph in the eyes while popping the cork from the bottle with a loud flump. "Your call."

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: The Seventh

"Sounds like my childhood."

IC:

"Indeed." Wraith remarked as they finally arrived at the docks. As the Ko-Toa scanned the vessels docked, it was fairly easy to see which ship belonged to the foreigners. 

"It must be the crystal vessel over there." Wraith said, pointing towards it.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Soraya [The Great Takea]

She leaned forward and forced a smile at the bartender.  "I just got a talking-to from either someone made of freakin' magic or an extremely vivid hallucination of a lifetime of mommy issues, and regardless of which it was, I need something that's going to reset any higher brain function for the next minute.  Pour the drink."

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

"I don't exactly have cash on me right now, but I can lead you to a stash as soon as we get into the city." I reply in relaxed tones. I hadn't thought this through as well as I would have liked, but then I didn't exactly have time to...not to mention that over these last few hours I've had much more important things to think about. Luckily my old self apparently had more foresight than my current self - at least enough to locate safes in every koro. But anyway, I've realized that I won't have to pay at all if I'm crafty - Skorm, grateful for the assistance, will surely be happy to pay for his own protection from harm. Speaking of Skorm, I can feel him sending those gravity pulses, so he must have heard me. He's flying, and now he's entered the koro. "This way." I say coolly to my new companion.

Kathok