BZPRPG - Le-Wahi

Nuju Metru

IC: Ryzen

I can't say how much I hated this. All I wanted was a nice little journey, but then this had to happen. As I fought through the beetles, the only thought in my mind was that the quicker I do this, the sooner I get to leave this place.

Slashing at one beetle with one hand, and freezing another one with the other hand, I focused on getting to some other people for help, perhaps. Too late. I fell back, seeing nothing but a beetle as it slammed into me. 

"Help!" I managed to yell as I hit the ground. Looks like I'll be needing the help now.

IC Izzun

Ow.

Pretty much the main thought Izzun was thinking. Beetles on his face, beetles on his everything else, just beetles. Anything that came near him either died of freezing, got crushed or was lucky enough to land on him and bite him before getting brushed off forcefully. A shout went off from the comrade, the one he didn't remember the name of. The queen? What? Too much beetle leg in his ear.

He spat out bug particles, growled angrily, and in his usual senseless style, Broke into a rage, involving roaring like a maniac and shooting ice knives, spikes, and other sharp projectiles made of ice out in any horizontal direction. It was definitely not a last resort move, but it was a I-am-really-angry-so-im-going-to-kill-everything move.

[Le-Wahi, Jungle Clearing]

Ranok blinked and looked helplessly at Kunitu.

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

Rm7yy.gif 5ZCxv.gif Fg6i2.gif XdRcW.gif XnHTK.gif R4KHt.gif HIAEQ.gif C2fJG.gif YvuFW.gif W5NHW.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

OOC: Actually, Vyartha and Sloth are both atop a Gukko bird. :3

IC: Vyartha / Outside Le-Koro

The Lesterin was quick to approach our position and deliver to us information of which we were already aware. Her colours denoted her to be, presumably, elementally affiliated to the Green, and her build suggested that she was a hunter or a warrior. Not dissimilar to myself, it would seem.

Physically, anyway.

"I presume that you refer to the current infestation of wood-eater beetles?" I asked, sparing Sloth a hint of a sidelong smirk. "We are aware of the situation, and have come to rectify it, in alliance with the Gukko Force. If you and your companions would care to assist us, feel free. If not, you would be best to inform us in regards to the location of others who would help us."

OOC: Me and my big keyboard =P

IC: Trava (Le-Wahi, Upper canopy)

"Some welcoming committe" Trava thought to herself as she leaned against the trunk of the tree she was perched on. Tilting her head a tad the other way.

"Yeah, I've got a couple of groundbound fellers down there that need some directions, I was about to take off when the three of you showed up"

Counting the Gukko Bird as a third member of their group was Trava's minor way of letting them in on her own beliefs. Always fighting the good fight, girl.

"We wouldn't mind helping out at all, that's what we came here for"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

IC Izzun

Ow ow ow ow owowowowow. A kind of feeling that was not once in a lifetime for Izzun.

He had been battling the beetles for quite a while, and he was losing his breath. He made another ice pillar to stand on. Anyone who saw him well enough would have seen he was sore from biting all over. He stared up weakly and saw the massive amount of beetles in the air was dwarfed by the amount on the ground.

Izzun was nowhere to being a scientist. But he knew one thing: Bugs can't hatch and fly out in two seconds. They weren't reproducing in record time, there just was that many. And if there were that many...

A horrible thought came into Izzun's mind. What if this was just... A much bigger tidbit, something of a small fraction of the full force!?

IC: Uzan

Uzan had had enough of these bugs. She jumped off the platform head first with her sword point straight at the ground. She slammed her sword into the ground and covered the ground around her in super heated plasmatic goo. She was trying to kill as many as she could. She new that even if all the bugs on the ground were killed more would just take their place. She didn't care. She was now more enraged then ever before in life.

Edited by toa grimlock

"When life gives you lemons.... Make orange soda!"

"You're immature for age..."

BZPRPG character profiles

IC: Akhulii- Le-Koro

Akhulii looked down at his work. He was already tired from the fight, for that one beetle put up a good fight. How do these toa take out so many...

He knelt down and started examining the corpse of the beetle. It was mangled and heavily damaged, but for the most part whole. He studied it's structure and took note of some of its weak spots.

He then took out his alchemy kit and started doing some tests. The beetles around him seemed to still feel that he wasn't much of a threat, even though he had taken down one of their own.

After setting up, he began stress-fully mixing together some solutions and taking samples of the beetles systems and mixing them in. He took notes in his pad about it's organic compositions and workings, and ways they could be destroyed.

Suddenly, Akhulii had an idea. He quickly packed up his set and ran towards where Lain was holding of the beetles, "Lain! Lain! I need you!"

Ic:

This wasn't working.

Tried as he might, he needed more power and concentration to focus his powers. He was going to have to do something risky.

He stood up on the back of the Gukko, turned to one side, and jumped off it.

As he was falling, he steadily adjusted himself, but as he was about to do a cartwheel mid-air to land him on his feet, he fell face-first into the ground.

"OoOOOoh, karz" he said as he picked himself up with his hand on his head.

He looked up and saw a massive tunnel of beetles coming towards him.

"Better late than never I guess." He said to himself.

He placed his hands on the ground, and slowly, the grass and leaves started to shudder and rise.

He concentrated all his might on doing this, lifting up a large wall of greenery to stop the beetles coming any closer.

Slowly, but surely, a large mass of greenery moved upwards.

IC: Trava (Le-Wahi, Upper canopy)

"Some welcoming committe" Trava thought to herself as she leaned against the trunk of the tree she was perched on. Tilting her head a tad the other way.

"Yeah, I've got a couple of groundbound fellers down there that need some directions, I was about to take off when the three of you showed up"

Counting the Gukko Bird as a third member of their group was Trava's minor way of letting them in on her own beliefs. Always fighting the good fight, girl.

"We wouldn't mind helping out at all, that's what we came here for"

IC: Vyartha / Upper Canopy

Three of us? Where's she getting the third party member from? Unless she's counting herself, which spoke of a rather off-putting dissociative personality disorder, there was no one else here besides Sloth and myself--

Ah.

She must have meant the Gukko. I could suddenly feel my fingers tightening around the reins.

Don't tell me I'm fighting alongside a bunch of new-age -hippies-.

I grunted once to signify that I'd heard her, then nodded.

"From what I've gathered about the military stratagem being used here," I said, raising my voice above the sounds of our mount keeping itself aloft, "the defenders have split into two waves; one aerial wave, to contain and push the beetles towards the swamp, and a ground wave, to eliminate them and prevent reproduction. Does that coalesce with your understanding of the plan?"

-Void

[ BZPRPG ]

IC: Sloth (Le-Wahi, on Gukko)

Sloth couldn't help but notice Vyartha's hands tightening on the reigns as she realised the Lesterin addressing them had counted the Gukko as one of their number, and held back a laugh as she felt the anger radiating from her companion. That became more difficult, however, when she decided to speak to their new friend with her usual high-level diction.

"Did you just say coalesce?" Sloth asked in a harsh whisper.

"Someone has to maintain a sophisticated vocabulary in this jungle."

"A'right," she shrugged, chuckling slightly.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Ic: Artem

Artem raced over to help his fallen comrade. He raised his sword and created a sonic barrier, shielding Ryzen from the beatles. "what happened?" he said frantically. 

IC: Ryzen

"Thanks. I guess I was thinking too much out there, and got overwhelmed. I owe you one." I guess that wasn't good. I'm not getting out of this anytime soon.

IC Lain

"Karz the others are loud, I can hear all of em from all the bloody way over 'ere."

Ahkulii came running up behind him, it seems he had dealt with the beetle just fine. The immediate area was clear of them, so he turned his attention to the Matoran. He is covered in beetle fluids, innards and has some sort of scientific devices with him. Beakers, flasks and notes. Probably his alchemical equipment.

"Did ya kill it by jumping onnit? Yer covered in the stuff."

...but close to it

IC: Vyartha / Upper Canopy

Three of us? Where's she getting the third party member from? Unless she's counting herself, which spoke of a rather off-putting dissociative personality disorder, there was no one else here besides Sloth and myself--

Ah.

She must have meant the Gukko. I could suddenly feel my fingers tightening around the reins.

Don't tell me I'm fighting alongside a bunch of new-age -hippies-.

I grunted once to signify that I'd heard her, then nodded.

"From what I've gathered about the military stratagem being used here," I said, raising my voice above the sounds of our mount keeping itself aloft, "the defenders have split into two waves; one aerial wave, to contain and push the beetles towards the swamp, and a ground wave, to eliminate them and prevent reproduction. Does that coalesce with your understanding of the plan?"

IC: Trava (Le-Wai, Upper Canopy)

"Actually I wasn't aware of that, guess I should consider myself lucky you dropped by"

Trava looked briefly in the direction she remembered the beetles were located, wondering how much their mass had increased since she had first seen them and sounded the alarm.

"I think we oughta head out, then, no sense in letting them spread their lacking table manners to the rest of the Wahi"

OOC: Since no one took up the offer, I'll take care of the Reveler mooks.

IC: Reveler Mooks (NPCS) and Colx (Secret Arena)

Alfon, Aparangi, Colx and Examus had their path suddenly blocked by a quartet of Skakdi sporting the same predominantly black color scheme, but different secondary colors. All four brandished thick wooden sticks that at least Aparangi would recognize. Their faces were apparently engaged in an internal grimace contest, because they seemed to make every effort to look particularly unwelcoming.

"So you lot are supposed to stand in our way?" I asked with humor.

"Anyone else want to go first, or should I?"

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Akhulii looked at him puzzled and then looked down at himself, seeing the beetle parts all over him. "I was doing a few tests, hehe. Knowing your enemy helps occasionally."

Akhulii then looked around, seeing that the coast was clear, and then started pulling Lain into an abandoned Le-Koronan hut. He closed the door behind him and pulled out his light stone to light up the small hut. The inside was dark and messy, like the matoran who lived here had been in a hurry to get out of the koro as fast as possible.

"This is about the job I want you to do for me. I'll pay good."

He began rummaging through his case and pulled out the carefully protected vial that Syvra had given him back in Ga-Koro. The strange green-blue liquid almost glowed in the dark room. Akhulii swept aside some garbage on a cluttered desk and placed down the vial.

"I got this vial back when I fixed another toa of plant life's foot. It's apparently a paralyzing agent that works best when injected directly into a body and unexposed to air. Only a toa of plant life can figure out what it's made from, and tell me how to make more."

Akhulii rummaged through the hut until he found a spare volo lotu launcher and spare parts from a patero launcher.

"I intend to use it to fight here. As you may have seen I'm not the greatest fighter here. I can't use my bamboo disk to fight from a distance and I'm no good at up close fighting with my knife. If you can quickly teach me how to make more, I can modify this contraption here and use it to fight and paralyze the beetles. C'mon, what you say?"

IC Izzun

Izzun dispelled the thought of there being more. His gaze caught sight of Akhulii running out of sight with Lain. "Dratty luck, here I am while they do that questionable thingy from earlier. Oh well, i'll ask questions later." He flipped up backwards high in the air, and plummeted back into the beetles in full force.

IC Lain

The Bo-Toa raised the vial to eye level, studying the phosphorescent liquid.

"Curare. It's made by processin' 'Chondrodendron Tomentosum,' 'tis native further south of 'ere. Hunters boil the plant whole, leaves, branches, root-systems. Ten or twelve kilos ought ta produce a few liters. What ya got there would be potent enough ta take down maybe eight or ten beetles via direct contact. It'd be more effective made into an aerosol wit' the help of an air elemental. Inhalation'll be magnitudes more effective. These poisons function by competitively and reversibly inhibiting the nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in yer neuromuscular junctions. This causes weaknesses o' the skeletal muscles and, when administered inna sufficient dose, eventual death by asphyxiation due ta paralysis of the diaphragm."

Ahkulii stared, rather blankly.

"So ya, I can make ya some and it'll kill most things ya hit it with."

...but close to it

OOC: Since no one took up the offer, I'll take care of the Reveler mooks.

IC: Reveler Mooks (NPCS) and Colx (Secret Arena)

Alfon, Aparangi, Colx and Examus had their path suddenly blocked by a quartet of Skakdi sporting the same predominantly black color scheme, but different secondary colors. All four brandished thick wooden sticks that at least Aparangi would recognize. Their faces were apparently engaged in an internal grimace contest, because they seemed to make every effort to look particularly unwelcoming.

"So you lot are supposed to stand in our way?" I asked with humor.

"Anyone else want to go first, or should I?"

IC: Jetzul

Jetzul had somehow met up with this group of escapees again. And their pah was being blocked by a bunch of looks. "Could somebody... Bother telling me what's... Going on?" Several metal arrowheads formed in his open hand as he recovered his breath.

OOC: can I follow you guys?

IC: Akhulii

Akhulii was fairly confused about much that Lain was saying. Too much information to take in all at once, but as took notes it started to make sense. He carefully wrote out the list of ingredients and how to make it.

"Excellent. The toa who gave it to me told me that direct contact with the creatures systems makes it more effective, but you're right about adding moisture to make it more gaseous. That way I'll be able to use less to kill more. It'll get absorbed into the beetle's blood streams and they'll easily get paralyzed."

Akhulii set up his alchemy station on the desk and began brewing some as Lain made the ingredients. He began getting into his 'brewing zone' where he would hop around and start acting all silly. As he measured and carefully processed the plant into liquid and then a more gaseous form, the scope on his mask would zoom in to get it perfect.

Finally, most of it was done and he began putting together the launcher. He started using parts from the broken apart patero launcher such as the air bladder and implementing them into the volo lutu launcher. As he worked, he explained how it would work;

"You see, I'm not much of an inventor, but I do have my experience on working with mechanical parts from surgeries when I worked as a nurse in Ga-Koro, before I left to work for myself. I always was more into medicine, but anyways this here launcher will have the gas stored inside of the air bladder. I'll have more canisters of the poison to fill it with, but the amount in the gun is the amount I can use immediately without having to reload. I pull the trigger, and fwoosh, the grapple launches out. I've modified that part, so that it won't propel me forward, and instead will stick into the beetle I aimed at with the small blade attached, and release the poison through the hollowed-out wire. Quite genius if I do say so myself."

Finally, Akhulii put the final parts into place and loaded it up with the processed poison.

"How about we go out and I take this thing for a test run? I hope those beetles like curare, because they're about to get some!"

OOC: Oh, I always wanted to give Akhulii a poison gun! :D

IC: Jetzul

Jetzul had somehow met up with this group of escapees again. And their pah was being blocked by a bunch of looks. "Could somebody... Bother telling me what's... Going on?" Several metal arrowheads formed in his open hand as he recovered his breath.

OOC: can I follow you guys?

OOC: For sure, the more the merrier  ;)

IC: Alfon

Obviously this guy didn't get the memo, despite that Colx just gave it to him. I turned to face him, smiling yet obviously annoyed, and my tone of voice was less than friendly when I addressed him. "Look bud, either help us or beat it. Get in our way and I will cut you. Okay?"

Okay, he said or so I assumed. I didn't really pay attention to his response, since we had four ugly brutes to take care of and no time to talk. 

"Pick one and move on." I said to Colx and the others. "Help someone if they need it."

With that said, I advanced towards the four Skakdi with my sword raised. It hummed gently before beginning to spark, brief bursts of light accompanied by a violent crackle. When I got close enough, I swung the blade in a horizontal arc, electricity extending from its tip like a whip being dragged through the air. The attack wasn't directed to anyone in particular, but I hoped it would hit at least one of them.

If I got really lucky, I'd get them all at once but let's be real; that's not going to happen.

OOC @ Ultimoscorp that will be handy in a sec.

IC Izzun

Izzun had almost worn himself out. He had landed ice spikes in everywhere, dove holes in everything else, and killed a large portion in the beetle swarm. And he was going to have to do it again. But not now, he was covered in bites, bruises and a few scrapes.

This was one of the few days Izzun really credited his abnormal transformation into a Toa, strengthening his exterior, tripling his strength, and giving him claws on his hands and feet- but it also kept his torso close to the original size it was, and he looked kinda strange.

Angrily leaping out of the bugs one last time, he shot an ice chain straight towards the Koro. He began pulling himself back through the swarm.

Ic: Artem

"Good idea Ryzen" He ran over to Uzan "Hey I gotcha covered. Just run over to a hut and relax. We can hold the koro up" Artem begain shooting off screeches of high frequencies, and bugs began to drop out of the sky. Very few though. I really need to work on this he thought.

Edited by Hiram McDaniels

Hair back, collar up, jet black, so cool, sing it like the kids that are mean to you!

BzpRpg Profile

Akhulii walked out of the hut where he was assembling his new weapon. Akhulii didn't care much for weapons and firearms, but he was still excited to test his "invention", especially considering what little training he had in putting things together.

He turned to Lain and said, "I also patched together a couple of quick flash-bombs. They won't actually hurt the beetles but they should at least distract them. They're very make-shift and can break easy, but will make a bright light soon after you crush them and the materials combine. Here, take a few." Akhulii handed Lain a couple. He wasn't sure if he needed them, but it was better to be safe than sorry.

"I suppose I shall test this thing now..."

Akhulii looked around for an easy target and spotted a beetle not far away, fairly out in the open, attached to the side of a tree. Akhulii aimed and pulled the trigger, quickly lashing out the rope and jabbing into the beetle's side. The power of the gun pushed him back a little but Akhulii held his ground. The injector wasn't made to go in very deep or inflict too much immediate damage, but after Akhulii retracted it, the beetle tried to come down and get him. It simply stumbled and fell off of the tree, paralyzed.

"Works like a charm! Perhaps now I'd be more help on higher ground."

IC Lain

"Impressive, that was right quick of ya ta make somethin' that complicated. Good job."

I pat him on the back, glad to see he's perking up and killing some beetles.

Much more cleanly this time.

"Well," I point to the sky. Gukko rangers are flying high above. Some swooping down to engage beetles, Toa and other ranged fighters riding their backs. Others are extracting koro residents or seem to be performing reconnaissance. "Lots like most of the fightin' is that way. We ought ta find Artem and yer Toa Ryzen back there." Probably the loud and irritating Izzun as well, though I didn't mention that out loud.

...but close to it

Akhulii smiled happily from his handiwork and Lain's kind words. He was now getting excited!

"I see. I guess we should get on a higher level then for sure. I think I see an elevator this way."

Akhulii's mask zoomed into a pod elevator. It didn't look as stable as the newer and improved versions largely used in the rest of the koro, but it would have to do.

He went over to it and said, "I can only hope these ropes don't snap under our weight..."

Edited by Banana Gunz

IC Lain

Lain kicked it forcefully, it seemed to hold.

"We'll be fine, the Le-Koran's ain' gotta match when it comes ta utilizing their environment." It could be argued the Onu-Korans matched or bested them, but Lain disliked the dank underground Wahi, and consequently most of their people.

He climbed into the pod.

...but close to it

IC:

Beside me, Alfon stepped forwards, unleashing a whiplash bolt of electricity towards the groupie of grim-dark armoured Skakdi who had impertinently shoved their ugly maws in our faces. As the electric-blue charge began to build up, I slowly began focusing my elemental power on Alfon's sword as well.

All'Righty, then!

It was a bit of rough work for me; but while the sonic energy that I had enforced upon the explosive crackle of thunder was generally ineffective for us (In our direction, it just sounded 'Loud, Sparky, and Really attention drawing'), in the direction of those four brutes, the sound was now much, much louder.

I'm sure the only way they wouldn't be in real pain would be if they were too deaf - or too stupid - to hear the sounds. Heh.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

IC Frest, near Le-Koro

Frest sat back in the tree and looked despairingly at Knove. ''I want to explore Xa-Koro as well, you know, but I just don't have any diving gear...'' suddenly the forest shook at the not-very-careful aproach of Buggzbi. He attempted to pick up the tree Frest and Knove were perched in; and failed. Knove screamed as he fell to the ground, to land on Buggzbi's outstretched cloak. Glancing witheringly at Frest, he spoke to Buggzbi. ''So, what's up, big fella'?''. ''You know my name- use it'' Buggzbi grunted in reply, ''I think we should head into the city, see if we can find someone to buy diving gear from''.

''Well, that's what we'll do, then.''

gallery_111334_247_106455.png

BZPRPG Profiles- Frest, Knove, Buggzbi