Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

ICSurprise!I should have seen that coming. By all accounts I should have known and prepared for this; I was vaguely familiar with his fighting style, and considering the ability to think on my feet he would throw as many curves balls at me as he could.I just didn't think literally.In one motion I took a half-step back and raised my hands to cradle the flaming ball of hate as it collided with my body in a mixture of surprise and the literal attempt to catch it. I stumbled backwards as its velocity pushed me, for the briefest of moments I was able to secure it, my body attempting to absorb the heat and flame. It was a foolhardy move, for up until now I had been focusing on the creation and control of flame, not the absorption... and I was a complete and utter rookie at this. I felt it spread out, over my hands and body-To which it promptly exploded. As most fireballs do.The concussive force was strong enough to lift me off my feet as I took a free flying lesson, courtesy of Agni Airways. The weightless sensation was eerie, not to mention I couldn't breathe because the impact had knocked the wind out of me-WHAM!Whatever air I had left took a rapid exit, stage right, as I slammed into a rather large rock, the sound of metal on rock accompanying my slide to a sitting position. I sat there for a moment in dizzy contemplation, trying to wrap my head around what just happened. I slowly staggered to my feet as my mind caught up to the rest of me, and I found myself clutching my side, right where the fireball had impacted. I looked down, realizing I felt worse than I looked. Really there was no damage, except there were now some tell-tale blackened spots and etched grooves on my previously spotless armor."You... you scratched my armor." I said breathlessly. My voice sounded angry, but my face said otherwise: I was smiling devilishly. What Angi said was true: despite what just happened I found myself practically enjoying the experience. It had been such a long time since I had a real challenge, and I thrived off difficulty. Plus now I had some more fuel to throw on this fire I had burning to get Agni back for, shall we say.... previous work-related incidents.That's when I felt the sharp stab of pain.I moved my gaze to the inside of my right arm, a place that had much less armor. It was lightly scorched, and I could see some fluid seep out a long, thin gash in the middle of it. So I WASN'T fireproof."Ouch." I mumbled, a little more peeved than before.Now fully recovered I suddenly dashed forward, my fist a flaming ball. My Kanohi wasn't active, I still didn't know how, but I did manage to close that gap very quickly, compliments of my near-perfect physique. The plan was to clock him one across the mask, then do a follow-up with a few jabs to the abdomen and a swift kick to the groin. If I made a good contact I would also attempt to unleash an unrefined fire blast from my fingertips.I was younger, more athletic, and had much better reaction time than he did; this was true even when I was a matoran. There was no way he could dodge out of it. Or at least ALL of it.OOC: please feel free to prove him wrong :D If this goes according to plan my next post will include him taking a dip in the nearby bay, poor deluded Joske

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC-Praggos:"Apparently," Praggos said, finishing the drawing, "The metal from which Marks are made." He held the journal out to Utu, a perfect sketch of Jin, down to laugh lines, on the page."Now, we won't have to worry about finding her if we need somebody to lead us to Dorian."

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Zakama"R-really?" Zakama asked, "Thank you," Zakama was very honored, "Huh...what does Kaithes mean?"

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: I laughed. "My name doesn't mean anything. It's just my name."OOC: Ironically, (I just googled this.) Kaitha means Catholicism in Hindu. It's actually a corruption of Kairos, who was a god of time. But that plan was never put in action.

Edited by Toa Kaithas

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:We'll have to practice following instructions some more...Agni thought. Indeed the intent had been for Joske to catch the fireball, to instantly take control over it and keep it that way, to quickly get a feel for the different amounts of energy required to control even small fires such as this until it came as natural as breathing. On the other hand, Agni knew it was a fifty/fifty chance he had taken and Joske had reacted in the most likely way a rookie would, raising his hands to block and absorb. However it was much easier to take posession of the fireball itself, to take control over the existing fire and to use it against him again. It worked faster as well, instead of absorbing the fire, chanelling ones own energy to create a new fireball to use. Agni would have pointed out all of these things, if Joske had taken a moment longer than just to focus on his scratched armor. "You scratched my armor.""The first of many." was the simple reply. Before the Toa of fire could say more, Joske was coming at him; fist raised and burning. Joske was fast, but Agni could tell he was focused on giving as good as he was getting, his move was a straightforward as it could possibly be. The Toa of fire waited a moment longer, then he took a swift step to the side and turned out of the way, bringing up his own arm in one fluid motion. His fingers closed around Joske's wrist as it passed where his head had been, absorbing the younger Toa's fire. Without stopping Agni turned further, pulling Joske's wrist along and forward, until his shoulder was underneath the other Toa's armpit, his right hand suddenly pressing against his stomach. With a powerful step forward he pushed his arm and shoulder upwards. Combined with Joske's already considerable momentum, the younger Toa was thrown up and forward. With his wrist being the pivot-point, he made half a salto, before hitting the sand in front of Agni's feet hard with his back. He suddenly found himself looking up to the veteran standing above him, who stood over him with his arms crossed once more, as if nothing had happened. He glanced down at Joske. "I'm not that old."OOC: Tuck, feel free to bunny Agni for whatever you have in mind that'll make him take a bath. But it is half past 2am and I really need some sleep now ^^

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC-Kalios:"If you're waving a hand in front of my face," Kalios said, his voice somewhat muffled behind all the food and what-not he was carrying, "I can't see you, so you would be better off tapping me shin, or something. Now...I'll try to lead you on to my house. Don't worry, I have an excellent sense of direction!"
IC: EndriinKalios promptly walked into a pole, inciting a hearty, silent laugh from Endriin, before he helped him grab up their supplies. Sharing the load, they eventually found their way to the house. He would've whistled, but he couldn't, so he nodded approvingly instead.

The Writer Formerly Known as Zeal
BZPRPG Profiles
Ghosts of Bara Magna Profiles

IC: Zakama"I see," Zakama said, "My name means seeker of life. Kama means life, Za means seek," Zakama explained, "So when is this Seargent coming?"

Edited by IX. Dymex

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

IC: Zakama"Now don't be rash," Zakama said, "That's another thing the Toa who said I should stand up said...he was a Toa of fire like me...but most Toa of fire were very rash and quick to anger...he wasn't...he was wise, calm, and humble,"

IC: Zakama"So...you are unable to fully recall your past?" Zakama asked the Toa of the Green,

IC: Zakama"Is this an attribute with your team?" Zakama aske with a small chuckle, "Kind of an interesting team,"

IC: Zakama"Jeez that met have sucked," Zakama said, "So, where are the rest of your team?" Zakama asked, curious of meeting the others.

IC: ZakamaZakama wavefront the Toa of Water with a small smile, "Alright then, now to wait for the Seargent,"

IC: Zakama"I know where that is, Hanix told me to join it," Zakama stated. He like this group of Toa.

IC: The cart pulled up by Miha, and Tangua stepped off.OOC: My next post depends heavily on knowing if the fact that determination fules miha's mark has been revealed to the chars who were in the hospital. I don't remember. Boibeast, please let me know if this has happened yet.

Edited by NStephenH

OOC: lol. well, I hadn't planned on THAT response. Trying to think if I can still do it...IC"Apparently." My voice croaked as I spoke, lying there in the warm sand. I had underestimated him. Not only was he fast enough to maneuver around he, Agni had simply absorbed my fire when I attacked him. That was now twice in a single moment he had bested me. Granted, I was highly competitive and did everything in my power to win, but I was ok with losing. Before I became the star I am I had my share of losses; part of the game. I just had never lost so miserably before. It wasn't the fact that he outdid me; it was that he did so so fluidly, easily, and with grace that I looked like a complete buffoon. That I was not alright with. "That fireball was supposed to be a teachable moment... had you taken a fraction of a second longer to think." Agni stood there stoically, arms still crossed, towering above me, eyes hard but a ghost of a smile playing on his lips as if slightly amused. "Uh-huh." What happened next was a testament to my physical prowess. I may have been laying on my back, but in that instant I tightened my abdominal muscles, pushed back with my legs, only to push forward with my hands a split second later. To an outside observer my body seemed to do a wave motion, and as if yanked by an invisible rope, went from prone to practically vertical in an eyeblink, seemingly floating in mid-air as my arms came down. It was also a testament to Agni's experience. He was ready for me. As I came down, he to my complete surprise moved down with me, reaching up and once again grabbing my wrist. By the time my upper arm had reached his shoulder he was already moving and pulling, and using his free hand grabbed my other arm and yanked, executing a roll as he did so. The end result was us doing a somersault on the beach using - once again - my momentum to move the two bodies. I felt him roll over me as I was sandwiched between him and the beach, and with a flick of the wrists I went launching into space as he threw me towards the bay. Once I could see again I was completely upside down and moving backwards, my head looking at Agni's inverted chest armor. To my horror I watched in slow-motion as his arm shot forward, a slight spark dance between his fingers, and another fireball shoot from his hand. It landed square in my chest. My next full memory was breaking the surface of Naho Bay, coughing and gasping for air. I part swam, part stumbled up the shore, realizing I had flown several dozen bios out into the water. Through the saltwater clouding my eyes I could see him standing there, arms crossed, as casual as a Le-Matoran on a sunny afternoon. In a fit of anger I shot my own arm forward, intent on frying him where he stood. Pft. Pfft. Pffffffffffffffft. Nothing. I stood there, in thigh-high water, dripping and soaked to the core, arms uselessly stretched out. Too wet, and too emotional, and too tired for my power to work properly. All I got was the sound of it trying to ignite. I couldn't even produce an ember. I was exhausted, the recent use of my new body and subsequent calling on my power leaving me drained... not to mention emotionally compromised by my lack of skill and, well... all wet. I dropped my arms and slumped my shoulders, accepting defeat. It was three to nothing; Agni handily won this round. With the sound of water rushing around my ankles I clamored back onto the beach, coming to a stop before my instructor, looking quite defeated. There was still a spark in my eyes though. He had earned my respect, not an easy thing to do. I tried to grin. "Is that 'teachable moment' still there? Or are you going to call it a day?"

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

IC:Wiremu had accepted the greetings of Joske's new companions, and he'd watched pensively as Agni laid out Joske. The older Toa of Fire was certainly far more experienced that the younger, so Wiremu hadn't expected any upsets, but he hadn't anticipated such a clean defeat. But then again, he'd never seen a Toa with as little control as Joske; he hadn't expected that new Toa would be quite so unaccustomed to their powers. The Onu-Matoran had assumed that Toa inherently knew how to use their abilities, once they were formed, that they'd be able to execute their primary functions just by nature of their new structures... Like a well-made machine, Wiremu reflected to himself. Somehow, his mind always seemed to come back to mechanics.

test2.png

IC: Zakama"Visions?" Zakama asked, "That's very interesting... is that an ability you posses?"

IC: The Dog What, was she just born this way? Ishi seriously wondered where Lazerbeak's sudden charisma blossomed from.  It was an entirely new sensation to watch his current partner-usually-enemy pull on the visage of sweet charm, leaving her prey as tightly ensnared as a hoto bug in a fikou's web.  He sat perched on the barstool, legs dangling like extraneous attachments as the drinks were poured.  Shockingly enough, nothing slid his way. Talk about lousy service. With a puff of denial, Ishi hopped off the stool and creaked after Lazerbeak towards the beach houses.  Eyes roving, he took in the details of each floating barge, each willowy ship, each octagonal beach house with plants festooning from the windows, deck oozing charm and leisure. Wait, what?!  Ishi shook his head like a dog spraying away water and pointed with his free hand at the brazen anomaly. "That one."

IC (Jin)"Loved it."The sky was still dark, but it had that vague feeling of exhaustion, the kind you get a few hours before sunrise. I'd stayed up all night enough times to know the feeling.It wouldn't be long before the sun would come up, and I'd be catching the first ferry out of Ga. Instead of leaving alone like I'd planned, though, I'd be with Dorian, and I'd be headed for Xa-Koro with the possiblity of a new and better job than I'd hoped for.Maybe it was time to start believing in luck. IC (Cael)It took all of Cael’s nerve not to intercede on this impromptu battle. Though she knew it was training, her first instinct as a healer was to stop the conflict if she could, and then provide care to the participants. Joske’s burn incited a sharp intake of air from the Toa of Water. She’d just spent all her power healing him only a few days ago, and now he was back in action.But this was necessary. If Joske wanted to learn how to fight, he needed to train, and training would come with bumps and bruises. With luck, those injuries wouldn’t cause him to lose his temper and explode. His meditation technique could only go so far, after all.The Toa of Water brushed these thoughts aside: Agni knew what he was doing. He was an experienced Toa and warrior, and of course he would know how to handle anything the rookie Toa of Fire could dish out. That didn’t make it any more pleasant to watch.To distract herself from the fight (which Agni was easily winning so far), Cael turned to Wiremu, the Onu-Matoran Joske had introduced just a few minutes earlier.“So, Wiremu, you’re an inventor?”

Edited by Delicious Chocolate Milk

IC: Baruk glanced up from his meal, which had previously absorbed much of his attention. "The name's Baruk," he said. "Though Ket- er, I mean, Greed, may have thought up something else to call me. Doesn't really matter to me, though."IC: I studied the motionless form of the Toa that Malik had intercepted. "Don't see that every day," I said, not looking up.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC: "We head to Pala Koro. Gotta fight Makuta followers, and that's the best place to do that. Maybe we'll find something to do with each of our problems there too. My direction sense, Zakama's memory, your toa of protodermis thing."OOC:: Kaithas is more of a democratic leader. His leadership is more limited to split second things, where there isn't time to vote.

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC: ZakamaZakama stood up and pulled out his blades. He spun them a bit, curious of how he was a good swordsman. It was like instinct more than memory.