Bzprpg - Ga-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: KItsune & Co, Ga-KoroKitsune stood in the street of Ga-Koro, watching the crowd before her with sullen, but still observant eyes. She made note of every face in her fruitless search, but none of them was the face she wanted to see.Raion and Briani were in a inn a few blocks away, sleeping unusually late. Kitsune had little more than a few hours of rest the past few days, spending every waking hour searching. They had followed Iris's trail of destruction to Kumu Islets, only to find no trace of him or Jikal. After a few days there, Briani and Raion had managed to presuade her to return to Ga-Koro, but her luck did not change. OOC: Time skip is completed.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: JikalJikal kept walking, into the street where, unbeknownst to him, the very person he was looking for was waiting. "Kitsune. She's... Well..... Hard to explain."

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: JianzhaJianzha had calmed down. Grimly, she walked up to the deck. "What now Captain? There's still more of them."IC: DyzaeraPirates! Dyzaera quicly headed for the docks. "Stop right now," she firmly commandedIC: ZaeronZaeron yawned. Ketan had ignored him so he decided to head back to the hotel. Strolling along, he noticed more commotion at the docks. Sensing that this was suspicious, he rushed inside the hotel. "Hanix?" he asked. "There's something going on at the docks."

Ic: For the moment, the pirates felt the glory of a victory. One toa protector was tossed aside and another merely screamed at them; pathetic examples of protectors of they ever saw one. But the third 'Arete' they would encounter was neither toa or protector, it was an angel with righteous vengeance. And she came from above.There was no warning, just a soft breeze and a thud as Anthyn landed on the deck behind the two pirates and spread her wings out. She landed on three, her feet firmly planted in the wood with one arm stretched upwards in an athletic pose. As the pirates turned around, they were astounded by what they saw; angels were the stuff of myths and legends, yet there was one before them right there. Her beauty was one thing to behold, but her wings were just as majestic."You should have listened to the others," she warned with a soothing and silky voice that simply flowed from her mouth like water from a fall. "A shame that you didn't."The floorboards were ripped apart as she suddenly vaulted herself forward, using a flap of her wings to deliver extra force and speed on top of her natural peak and collided with Sorapak and went overboard with him, falling into the water together as she clutched his shoulders with her clawlike hands as if they were vices. The toa of the green was caught even more off guard by the sudden attack than by the arrival of the angel and now he had to cope with being submerged. Bahokosar was alone on the ship, witnessing a sample of the true power of the 'Arete.'

Edited by EmperorWhenua

IC: JianzhaEver had a moment where you overlooked something blatantly obvious? When there was something right before your eyes and you overlooked it? Well, Jianzha assumed that was what had happened to this third member of the Arete. She had been standing right on the docks when this winged being landed but she hadn't been instantly knocked overboard, unlike the captain per se. But hey, every opportunity would be welcome her.Smirking to herself, the vortixx cook prowled into the hold of the ship. What she was looking for she soon found; jars of flammable cooking oil. She had the mind to take more foodstuffs that would hurt when one was hit by them, or would simply be gross. Sneaking out of the kitchen, she saw that the Valkyr wasn't watching. "This will be easy," she thought. "One wayward spill of vegetable oil, one misaimed firework, one errant twitch, and KABLOOIE!!!" She raised her Twilight Blade and angled it so that the sun's rays would reflect off of it, creating a blinding flash. Throwing the bottles of vegetable oil, she drew her firework revolver and pulled the trigger, straight for Anthyn's head.

IC-Nokth:Or, at least, Jianzha attempted to aim it that way. There was one problem, though-that would be the rather large weapon which slammed into her wrist-the haft, unfortunately, not the blade-knocking her aim off, if not knocking the gun from her hands. A second after that another being slammed on the deck, reptillian, with sharp spines running down his back, flame nearly running from his nostrils. One angry Akrainid.He grabbed his Pudao in a smooth motion, a quick spin and he had it held in a ready position."I hope you will see the reason in dropping your weapon," he said quietly. "Because it'd be best to end this before everything gets out of hand, no?"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC (Ketan)Out of nowhere, a flash of brilliant light swept through the air, knocking the pistol out of Jianzha's hands, and sending it clattering to the deck of the ship. The startled Vortixx looked up to see a tall, green Toa standing on the deck next to the Akrainid, idly swinging a deadly scythe -the weapon whose blunt end he had just used to knock the weapon out of her grip. She had been so focused on Anthyn that she hadn't seen him warp from the shore to the ship; it was only because of his tender mercies that she was alive at all. He could easily have sliced her in half instead of merely disarming her.The Toa smiled, but there was no mirth in the grin. It was the grimace of a predator showing its teeth, having sighted its prey. This Toa, despite sparing Jianzha's life, looked just as willing to take it if given a second chance. His cold red eyes bore mercilessly into hers, making her feel as though she were only an inch tall.The predator spoke, his voice as smooth and rich as wine, compelling the Vortixx to listen, to obey. "In the name of the Toa Arete, and of Ga-Koro, I command you to give yourself up."

Edited by Delicious Chocolate Milk

IC - Decaia - Water: As Anthyn, Ketan, and Nokth made their moves, a torrent of water erupted from the ocean, from which Decaia shot out. He spun, landing on the deck, water encasing his upper body and stretching out from his arms like tentacles, waving carefully as he focused on maintaining them. At the same time, tentacles of water rose up around the ship, six in total, towering above the boat and threatening to tear it apart--or, as Decaia was planning, simply attacking the cannons."I concur!" he said loudly. "It's three pirates against the seven Toa Arete (as well as our Akrainid friend,) and those odds are certainly not in your favor!" He nodded at Greed as he said this. "Or would you rather us bring it back ourselves?"

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: You guys completely ignored the flash of light created by the twilight bladeIC: Jianzha"Hey," she replied softly. "I'm just looking out for my friends; it's what they do." She laxly let the blade swing from her side while still holding onto it. Such was the power of the twilight blade: made of supereflective material, in the hands of a skillful user it could disappear from view or create blinding flashes of light. "You seem to know that well enough." The cook slowly fingered her sword. One angle change, and the sword would go from invisible to nearly emitting light of it's own. And that light would be the light of the sun directed straight into Ketan's and Nokth's eyes. And she still had all the food she was going to throw at them. And her bottle of scrumpy, and her frying pan, and a whole other assortment of weapons. She pretended to remain calm and docile, but then, one slight twitch of her wrist, and the rays of the sun shone directly into the eyes of Greed and Nokth.

Edited by Constructman

OOC: That's because I assumed the flash of light was aimed at Anthyn, who is in the water. Ketan and Nokth struck from behind.IC (Ketan)The Vortixx wasn't going to comply: Ketan could tell. But as he opened his mouth to warn her to reconsider, she shifted her wrist, and her sword suddenly exploded in a blaze of light. Ketan cursed under his breath, and shielded his tightly closed eyes with his free hand. The light made it impossible to see, but that didn't mean the Toa of air couldn't fight.He knew exactly where Jianzha was standing; there hadn't been time enough for her to move. Throwing out his free hand, Ketan summoned a blast of wind that swept across the ship's deck, throwing splinters into the air from the boards Anthyn had ripped up. The powerful gust of air hit the Vortixx full on, and, unlike normal wind, it didn't abate, blowing the unfortunate chef overboard.

IC: JianzhaJianzha was sent flying back by the gust of wind. Clearly these fools weren't going to back off. Landing in the water, she took a swig of scrumpy, draining half the bottle. Under the effects of the cider that was only supposed to be enjoyed in small sips, she drunkenly yelled "Just get oan your bike, you auld doitit dobbers!" She hurled the bottle, a durian, a watermelon, and a madu cabolo all gotten from the kitchen at the deck.

IC - Decaia - Deck: "I've got her," Decaia said, leaping in after the Vortixx. Manipulating the water around his body, he struck out at her projectiles, knocking them aside. As he broke through the ocean's surface, he created a whirlpool of water around Jianzha, aiming to disorient her, before willing the water to pack in tightly around her body in an attempt to immobilize her.For good measure, he turned his attention back to the ship for a moment, sending his tendrils of water into the cannons. If the gunpowder inside of them couldn't ignite, they wouldn't be able to fire. May as well get rid of them while he could.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

OOC: I really despise your supposedly 'Scottish' accent writing.IC-Nokth:Bright light. No worries there-Nokth's reptillian reflexes could slam his eyelids shut faster than most beings would expect, protecting his eyes much better than before. Bright light gone, no worries. Drunken Vortixx, better. Her motor reflexes would be hampered, and she wouldn't be able to use the sword with efficiency.Once Decaia took care of the flying projectiles and the Vortixx, Nokth stepped over to Ketan."Eyesight getting any better?" he growled to the Toa of Air.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

IC: LiaraAfter a while, Liara had simply rolled over, ignoring anything more Emotia had to say. The Ga-Toa watched as her breathing slowed, and she fell asleep. After a time, she left.About two hours passed, and most of the occupants of the house had either gone to bed or were relaxing downstairs. Through all of this time, she hadn't been sleeping, just pretending. And thinking. She sighed, and sat up. You know what you've got to do, Liara. You've known for quite a while, you just didn't want to admit it. You never were going to be able to stick around here, there were just too many issues. Staying here.... It just causes more issues for everyone involved than if you were gone.The Le-Toa stood, and crossed the room to the closet. She slipped out of her pajamas, and back into her traveling gear. Boots, skirt, utility belt and a simple top. She took her extra darts, clothing and the few other items she carried with her and stuffed them into her bag. She grabbed a single sheet of paper and a pen, scrawling out a note on it. Carefully, she opened her door, and slipped out into the hallway. Even drunk, she was still capable of moving quieter than anyone else in the house. She secured the note to the door of Tillian's room with a bit of adhesive from her medical supplies, and crept back to her room. She closed the door securely behind her, and slid open the window with one hand while she grabbed her pack from the door with the other. She jumped out, and hovered in the air. She closed the window, and started to descend toward the ground. Partway down, her intoxication interfered with her mask, so she fell the last few feet, landing with a quiet thud. "Karz."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Tillian (Casa Juturna, Ga-Wahi)"WHAWAZZAT"Liara lifted her head up from the sand and caught sight of the moon, shining white and full above the Ga-Wahi beach; the sand was cool, soft, and inviting, and the ex-merc found it so hard to concentrate on anything besides the peace she had accidentally stumbled upon that she barely had the strength of mind to look at the water itself, dyed midnight black in the night and gleaming every now and then with the light of the moon. Out of the perfect, serene flatness popped up a surfboard, and then, seconds later, a shirtless Toa of Gravity."Son of a...Liara? What are you doing out so late?" Tillian asked, using the board as a floatation device and washing up on the beach. He stepped out of the water and plucked a towel, drying off his bare upper body and then slipping on a pair of denim pants over his boardshorts. "Yeesh, it's nippy out here...you okay?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: LiaraKarzahni. Karzahni, karzahni, karzahni."Yes, I'm fine." Liara stood and dusted herself off, trying to hide her pack behind her. She dusted her skirt off, and crossed her arms. She wasn't exactly sober, but she did a good job hiding her intoxication. "What are you doing swimming at this hour?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Tillian (Casa Juturna, Ga-Wahi)"Eh. Surfing, actually," said Tillian; his tone sounded slightly strange, but in the darkness, it was difficult to really tell what his face looked like, so Liara disregarded it as her intoxication playing tricks on her hearing. "Wearing a skirt still? That has to be uncomfortable..."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Emotia - Beach, Ga-Wahi -Emotia, had been in fact swimming while Tillian had surfed. She came up for air and noticed Liara and Tillian on the beach, from the looks of Liara it looked like she leaving. Emotia quickly swam to shore, shivering a bit, since she was only wearing a one-piece swimsuit. "Liara!" She said cheerfully, coming up to the two. "What you doing out so late?"

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Liara"Not really." Liara shrugged. "When I'm not working or sleeping, I usually wear a skirt. It affords the best versatility." She grimaced when she noticed Emotia, though they couldn't see her face very well in the dark. "What is it with you two and swimming late at night?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: The Hamartia (Casa Juturna, Ga-Wahi)In his head, the primordial being known as The Hamartia cursed.Had it known, in hindsight, that the being it chose in the temple the Mark Bearers had entered to do its will on earth had been so well-connected, surrounded at all times by so many people, he would have picked a different Champion; as it was, it would have to improvise, and it would have to do so fast. First thing was first: letting this "Tillian" engage in dialogue so often simply wouldn't do. There were too many opportunities for slipups; he'd have to learn the Champion's habits, learn what he did for fun and his speech habits. Such a blatantly casual attitude was going to be a nightmare for the Hamartia to learn, but nonetheless, learn it he would."Hey, Emotia," Tillian said with a grin as the ancient spirit stewed inside his head, monitoring his thoughts and pushing his actions forward ever so subtly. "Didn't even notice you out here, wow...guess I got caught up with surfing. Peaceful tonight, not a lot of waves, but that's okay...how was your swim?"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: Kitsune, Ga-KoroThe Ba-Toa blinked once, then twice, in disbelief. It can't be... She thought, already moving forward, lightly nudging people aside. It is. It really is. As he said her name, she literally stormed her way through the crowd, pushing through anyone in her path. "Jikal!" She called, voice loud but slightly trembling. Repeating this, she continued to near him, still unsure if she was seeing correctly.

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: Emotia - Beach, Ga-Wahi -Emotia looked at Liara. "I like to swim before I go to bed, it's a Toa of Water thing." She smiled at Tillian. "That's alright, I would've said something, but you seemed to be enjoying yourself so I didn't want to interrupt. I enjoyed my swim very much, though the marine life seemed to be spooked by something tonight, there is usually a lot more activity down there."

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC-Praggos:Slowly, Praggos's eyes opened again. He was leaning up against a tree, looking out over the ocean. A calm place. Outside, all was peaceful, harmonious...inside, however, his thoughts and feelings roiled. His mark was gone, he already knew, without checking-he realized now that he was back in the very place where he had first received the mark, in his younger adventuring. The place where he felt he was dying. Truly, he had died, in a sense. The Praggos that most knew, the Marked Praggos, was no more, leaving behind this Praggos.A Praggos changed, again, by his experiences. A Praggos with a new opportunity to make new goals. He sighed, even as his inner thoughts began to reorder themselves, to achieve the peace that the outside held. Slowly, he drew one of his legs up, resting his head upon it as he looked out at the moon rising over the water.With his Mark, he'd had power he'd never expected to hold. He'd let that power take control of him, however, instead of himself using it for greater purposes. The consciousness within the Mark had, eventually, started to turn him back around-and now, with it gone, he truly understood it meant when it said it would give him power. It gave him new knowledge, not just of the Marks, but also of what power could do to him, were he to embrace it fully. He sighed again, closing his eyes in his thoughts.What would he do now? Would he continue along the path he'd been walking? No, that wouldn't be right of him. Would he, perhaps, harness his knowledge and his mask, becoming a healer? Not likely. He'd never been likely to do that. Perhaps he would go back to his old position as a guardsman in Ko-Koro? He shook his head ever so slightly. After all he'd been a part of, he knew he'd not be able to go back to Ko-Koro and stay there until he was nearing the end of his life. A teacher? Possibly, if he could contain himself, if he could remain patient.He sighed again. So many options were open, now, and he knew not which to take. He opened his eyes again, gazing out of the waters. This was the first he'd felt truly calm in a long time. He thought, for a moment, about how the other bearers were likely to be doing, then shook his head. If he saw them again, he saw them again. If not, he didn't. He had no need to actively search them out.Slowly he stood, his joints creaking, before he began to walk along the coast, seemingly lost in thought.

profiles i guess

IC: Tillian (Casa Juturna, Ga-Wahi)"Huh. Scared of something?" Tillian asked as the Hamartia slipped into dormancy in the back of his head. "Weird...hey, Emotia, I'll be inside in a couple minutes, mmkay? I kind of need to talk to Liara about something..."-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: JikalJikal opened his mouth to answer Labelle, when he heard his name. And he heard it called in a very familiar voice, in fact, the voice's owner was the person he was looking for. The first time, he barely caught it, and was sure he must have imagined it. But the second time he heard it clearly, and whirled around, scanning the crowd.After a moment, he spotted her, making her way toward him. He started pushing his way through the crowd toward her, too. "Kitsune!"IC: LiaraLiara watched Tillian carefully. "Yes, Til?"

Edited by Krayzikk Champion of RPGs

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: "Odds not in our favor, eh? That's highly odd." Suddenly, the wood of the ship grew barks and branches that flung everyone but Bahokosar and Jianzha off. "Dearly beloved, we be gathered here today..." The anchor suddenly whipped around, swinging at everyone as they flew , and finally landed in the ocean. "Ta nail yer gizzards to the mast, ye poxy curs!"Sorapak climbed the chain and got back on, and the anchor promptly retracted into position with enough force to throw anyone who fell into the ocean and tried to climb it off.

Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC: Kitsune, Ga-KoroWith a final push, Jikal shoved a forced a surprised Vortixx out of her path, and was facing Jikal. For a moment there was only silence, and then she spoke, hey eyes wide and unbelieving. "What happened?" She asked. "I looked and looked, but you just disapeared..."

pNNgXax.jpg

IC: JikalJikal's heart warred between happiness at having found her, and guilt for having left her behind, no matter how little control he'd had over it. His face couldn't seem to settle on an expression, and his eyes betrayed the inner conflict. "I'm so sorry.""Iris got in a fight, and all of the Bearers were evicted from the Koro. I didn't regain control until after, and by that point, there was no way to get back in. And then.... Things got complicated."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC-Nokth:Threw everyone off-unless, of course, they were rather handy with their weapons. And their weapons were rather sharp. Thankfully, Nokth and his Pudao fit this definition. He quickly whipped the staff-sword about himself, chopping apart anything that reached to grab him. Once all was calm again, he slowly walked towards Sorapak, his eyes burning with a fierce intent that could match the fires of Ta's rage.His long stride carried him to the captain in a matter of seconds, giving none of those aboard a chance to react as he quickly whipped his Pudao up again, the point less than a millimeter away from an open joint in the captain's chest armour, a spot which, if struck, would quickly knock the Toa of Plantlife out of any fight."Now," he hissed, "We shall negotiate the terms of your surrender. Soon the Toa Arete will be back aboard your ship, ready to take you out of my hands. At the moment, however, I shall begin the deliberations." Without moving at all, he addressed Jianzha and Bahokosar."If either of you move to attack me," he said to them, "Your captain here will likely have similar problems to that which you would suffer a moment after. I do not wish to harm any of you, but if you force my hand I shall." He glared at the Toa of Plantlife with renewed intensity."Speak, Toa."

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

OOC: That level of skill is quite a bit excessive, Kal. It's reminding me too much of Vitiate, who as you said intentionally mods.IC: That is, until the very floorboard of the ship catapulted him back out of the ship, then went back into place. "Surrender? Oh no, we're attempting to retreat. Very different. Have you had too much rum?""I thought ya'd never heard of the concept.""Obviously I did if I said it, and I did hear it from you."

Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

IC: Tillian (Casa Juturna, Ga-Wahi)Liara blinked rapidly, waiting for Emotia to leave; as soon as she was, it was as if Tillian had materialized into air twenty feet away from where he was seconds before, and he was holding her hands in a prayer position, smiling at her softly and placing a kiss on her forehead."You're my best friend, alright?"IC: Venedico (Docks, Ga-Koro)The crew of the ship was even more surprised when the arms that had just tossed the assailant off the ship reached out and grabbed them, sucking them into the floor of the ship itself and leaving them basically buried from the neck down. Baruk and Kynaera did their thing while Venedico held the captain and first mate in place, slowly sending items belowdeck into the hull of the ship with a gravitational field. Holes began to appear in the bottom and sides of the ship as cannonballs and food supplies tore out of the hold with an unceasing tenacity...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

IC: "STOP BLOWING HOLES IN MY SHIP!"Bahokosar attempted to use his elemental power to control the striker and fire the cannons, but failed. "The gunpowder's wet!"Sorapak had the ship grow some roots inside to suck up the water, which gave the wood some regenerative strength. Much damage remained, and Sorapak widened the whole with his power over wood. "Up the stairs!" He began to awkwardly run, tailed by Bahokosar."There be too many! Let me fix that!" The more belligerent first mate was now able to fire the cannons, and did so at their attackers.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

OOC: I don't quite understand the logic in that post. Surely, shooting at the Daedra with cannons below deck would blow more holes into the ship? And I'm pretty sure plants can't absorb water that quickly, nor would the cannons be able to fire as effectively to begin with if there were roots blocking the opening--which they would have to be, if they were absorbing the water inside of them, no?Regardless, I suppose that doesn't affect my action very much, if at all, so...IC - Decaia - Water: A pillar of water rose up from the ocean, catching Nokth and delivering him back to the ship. Decaia had begun to rock the ship back and forth when Kynaera, Baruk, and Venedico arrived, assisting with the situation on the deck. Acknowledging this, Decaia focused on Jianzha again. The Vortixx was now drunk and dizzy, babbling on and singing even as torrents of water threatened to drown her. Doing his best to ignore this annoyance, Decaia began swimming toward the docks again, dragging Jianzha along through a current.As soon as he arrived at the dock and climbed onto dry(ish) land, the Toa of Water used his elemental powers, lifting Jianzha out of the bay and depositing her at his feet, where a pair of Ga-Koro Marines grabbed her and pulled her aside. That left him free to manipulate the waters once more, exerting himself as he forced the waves and currents to push the boat in the direction of the docks, even as the holes that Kynaera and Baruk had created began to let water into the ship's hull...Busy day for a normally relaxed Toa... he mused. Well, no matter... Still, where did Anthyn get wings?

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

IC: LiaraKarzahni, Tillian Juturna. Why do you have to make it so hard to leave?"I know, Til." Liara said, hiding her sadness behind a cheerful mask. One of a collection, a collection of faces and facades that had been the tools she used to survive what life threw at her.

fK5oqYf.jpg