Who Is (And Isn't) The Great Being?

I don't recall any soild evidence against Velika being brought up. Nuju is quirky...could be, although how an old Turaga could contact Kabrua without hassle or making a stir is sketchy...
I think It would be velika,the Voya Nui Matoran that speaks in riddles or Mezeka (just a geuss)
Well, we were pretty certain about Velika about 4 pages back, but you bring up a good, if shaky, point. How would they contact him? It's not confirmed that the GB is telepathic, but it is a good chance.

Well, Ahkmou's mind was wiped out too in 2004. :P
Ahkmou's pod was not rescued by the toa, but Teridax in a way. Teridax has been using Ahkmou, so he put him in a dud.
  • Im guessing Hydraxon. He's a meany, cold, single-minded, and sadistic. But he got killed.Second guess: Brutaka: again, adistic meany. but he got corrupted.Third guess: nuju

Don't you think it could be the "new" Hydraxon? Think about him and Dekar for a moment, then consider the Great Being. If the Great Being appears to be killing everyone, then what better curse then not being able to kill anyone when touching the Ignika?Now I know that this is even less likely, but what if the original Hydraxon was the Great Being, but then he died, and Dekar was made into an exact copy of Hydraxon (hypothetical Great Being species abilities and all).These are just concepts, anyone feel like exploring them too? If so then I think I may support the former theory then that latter.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Question: Were any of the Barraki considered?
Several of them. We decided against it under the idea that the GB wouldn't try to negatively affect MU affairs or try to take over.
Ahh, Thanks.Just another guess, how about Roodaka?
no roodaka has interfered with the matoran universe far too much and i don't think a great being would go out of thier way to
  1. Release a makuta determined to take over the matoran univerese
  2. willingly risk it's life to climb a mountain that could eat it
  3. become a criminal wanted by both the dark hunters and brotherhood of makuta

so yeah i don't think roodaka could even begin to be a possible candidate

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

no roodaka has interfered with the matoran universe far too much and i don't think a great being would go out of thier way to
  1. Release a makuta determined to take over the matoran univerese
  2. willingly risk it's life to climb a mountain that could eat it
  3. become a criminal wanted by both the dark hunters and brotherhood of makuta

so yeah i don't think roodaka could even begin to be a possible candidate

#1 might perhaps almost be a maybe. :P Since Makuta -was- destined for an important role, although who knows if the GB knew that. But yeah, I agree with the rest.Besides, Greg made it pretty clear he wouldn't undercut a strong female character by having her secretly being a guy. Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

I'm inclined to say Umbra, his abscence from the story since 2006 is a little too suspicious for my liking. His cold attitude and his black -and-white idea of destiny seems to fit the bill too.
He was a plot device. Also, the GB knew how the MU ran. He would have known it was dying, and he wouldn't have tried to stop people with honest intent from saving Mata Nui.

I'm inclined to say Umbra, his abscence from the story since 2006 is a little too suspicious for my liking. His cold attitude and his black -and-white idea of destiny seems to fit the bill too.
He was a plot device. Also, the GB knew how the MU ran. He would have known it was dying, and he wouldn't have tried to stop people with honest intent from saving Mata Nui.
Fair point...then I'm not sure, Dume perhaps, or maybe a Ko-Matoran like Kopeke.

zaktancopyja2.png

Last of the Matoran Universe (please read and review)

This topic is still pretty amusing to look through, as everyone is going in circles, with the majority of people completely disregarding the restrictions on who it may be outlined in the OP. It really seems like closing this would make sense, as there's really no definitive evidence, and Greg's completely inactive.

Maybe a Ko-Matoran like Kopeke.
Memory wiped, remember?~B~ Edited by Ballom

You know... is it possible that when Greg said "anybody Ko- would be a good guess", I'm starting to wonder if that means having Ko- for a name. The only ones I can think of at the time are Kopaka and Kopeke, who are both ruled out.

This topic is still pretty amusing to look through, as everyone is going in circles, with the majority of people completely disregarding the restrictions on who it may be outlined in the OP. It really seems like closing this would make sense, as there's really no definitive evidence, and Greg's completely inactive.
Maybe a Ko-Matoran like Kopeke.
Memory wiped, remember?~B~
Sorry, I just didn't remember everyone on the restrictions list. As for going in circles, not everybody reads all 15 pages before suggesting something.

zaktancopyja2.png

I guess Velika and Kazi both seem like really good guesses. I can't shake the feeling that it's someone from 2001, though. I'd say the better we know the Great Being, the more shocking it would be.
But practically everybody in 2001 had been mind-wiped. And the only non-mindwiped ones that remain are the Turaga, who are pretty out of character for a GB, except Nuju, although a GB probably wouldn't want to be destined to be a Toa.

aouROFb.png

I guess Velika and Kazi both seem like really good guesses. I can't shake the feeling that it's someone from 2001, though. I'd say the better we know the Great Being, the more shocking it would be.
But practically everybody in 2001 had been mind-wiped. And the only non-mindwiped ones that remain are the Turaga, who are pretty out of character for a GB, except Nuju, although a GB probably wouldn't want to be destined to be a Toa.
The one thing I am sure we can be almost certain of is that the GB will be a character who is integral to the plot, probably an older character.

zaktancopyja2.png

The one thing I am sure we can be almost certain of is that the GB will be a character who is integral to the plot, probably an older character.
thing is you have to remember that the great being is a character who did not directly effect the MU or cause disruption in the MU

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

thing is you have to remember that the great being is a character who did not directly effect the MU or cause disruption in the MU
IK that, but at the same time, of course it would have to be a character who's been around for a long time, or is central to the plot, for shock value.

zaktancopyja2.png

IK that, but at the same time, of course it would have to be a character who's been around for a long time, or is central to the plot, for shock value.
Not neccesarily if you think about it almost no one from the 2001-2003 saga could be the Great Being for a few simple reasons 2001
  • all Matoran were mind wiped
  • the Toa Mata had no memory and had to much of a important role for one of them being the great being
  • The Turaga are very unlikely since they interfered to much in the matoran universe and even played a large role in stopping Teridax
  • Only other character in 2001 were the rahi and the Great being taking inhabiting a Rahi body is very unlikely especially since as a rahi they would have to fight every day to survive against other rahi

• basically same characters from 2001 except for addition of Bahrag, Bohrok, Bohrok-Va and Krana.
  • If one of the Bahrag were the Great being it would have the common sense to know when it was meant to release the Bohrok and plus the Great being would not allow it self to be encased in protodermis.
  • The Bohrok have a slight like minuscule chance of being the great being since the Bohrok are completely mechanical it would be easy enough for the Great being to put it's soul into the Bohrok

• same deal with the Matoran, Toa Mata/Nuva and the Turaga from the previous 2 years
  • The Bohrok-Kal have a similar situation as the other Bohrok but the Kal are more unlikely since they had a certain trait that made them focused only on unleashing the Bahrag/Bohrok again. And plus i don't think a Great Being would allow it's self to be put into a hibernation mode especially since they were a back up and if things had gone differently they may have never been needed and thus never awaken causing the great being to be stuck in the hibernation mode for ever.
  • The only other characters revealed in 2003 were the Rahkshi and i think everyone can agree that the Rahkshi are last case scenario since they are created to be used for evil.

2004 is when we are given more options since that year introduces other character. for example we learned of the Dark hunters existence which opened a plethora of new characters that could possibly be the Great being. Every Year from 2004 on has revealed more and more character even ones that are not made into sets whereas the first 3 years we are stuck on an island that does not allow characters from other locations to arrive on the island of mata-nui which and that keeps us from having to learn/meet new characters.in short that is why i feel that the first 3 years of bionicle holds no candidates for the Great Being.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Not neccesarily if you think about it almost no one from the 2001-2003 saga could be the Great Being for a few simple reasons 2001
  • all Matoran were mind wiped
  • the Toa Mata had no memory and had to much of a important role for one of them being the great being
  • The Turaga are very unlikely since they interfered to much in the matoran universe and even played a large role in stopping Teridax
  • Only other character in 2001 were the rahi and the Great being taking inhabiting a Rahi body is very unlikely especially since as a rahi they would have to fight every day to survive against other rahi

• basically same characters from 2001 except for addition of Bahrag, Bohrok, Bohrok-Va and Krana.
  • If one of the Bahrag were the Great being it would have the common sense to know when it was meant to release the Bohrok and plus the Great being would not allow it self to be encased in protodermis.
  • The Bohrok have a slight like minuscule chance of being the great being since the Bohrok are completely mechanical it would be easy enough for the Great being to put it's soul into the Bohrok

• same deal with the Matoran, Toa Mata/Nuva and the Turaga from the previous 2 years
  • The Bohrok-Kal have a similar situation as the other Bohrok but the Kal are more unlikely since they had a certain trait that made them focused only on unleashing the Bahrag/Bohrok again. And plus i don't think a Great Being would allow it's self to be put into a hibernation mode especially since they were a back up and if things had gone differently they may have never been needed and thus never awaken causing the great being to be stuck in the hibernation mode for ever.
  • The only other characters revealed in 2003 were the Rahkshi and i think everyone can agree that the Rahkshi are last case scenario since they are created to be used for evil.

2004 is when we are given more options since that year introduces other character. for example we learned of the Dark hunters existence which opened a plethora of new characters that could possibly be the Great being. Every Year from 2004 on has revealed more and more character even ones that are not made into sets whereas the first 3 years we are stuck on an island that does not allow characters from other locations to arrive on the island of mata-nui which and that keeps us from having to learn/meet new characters.in short that is why i feel that the first 3 years of bionicle holds no candidates for the Great Being.

I never said the first 3 years, I meant pre-2007, sorry for my vagueness.

zaktancopyja2.png

I know who the great being is... it's.... Pewku! DUN DUN DUN! Pewku is the best guess, she was an observer, and she helped Takua a lot. Without Pewku Takua would of never turned into the Toa of Light, that's deep man. Also Pewku is a female crab, but still she never talks, so her becoming a guy wouldn't be that bad.If you can't sense my sarcasm and humor in this post then I'm sorry.

You know, someone should compile a list of suggested Beings, and repost it every page, so we'll stop going in circles. Let's see, the ones I remember:1. Velika: Likely canidate, lots of reasons for him.2. Kazi: Fairly likely, about as much as Velika3. Keetongu: Some very interesting evidence brought up for him4. Darkness: He sits there, all day, observing TSO.5. The Recorder: He just records various things and has many chances to observe with TSO.6. Pewku: A joke, really.7. Roodaka (I think somewhere): She's a girl, so extremely unlikely.Anyone want to look through the 15 pgs. and figure out the rest of the list? :P

wow its nice to see my Kazi theory still stands =DCan we even include any Rahi as a canindate for the GB?
Possibly Keetongu as he was intelligent and named. I believe rahi like Pewku were ruled out for some reason. Certainly I don't think it would be in the nature of a GB to want to spend 100,000 years observing a universe from the point of view of a crab or an ash bear.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

This has possibly been brought up before, but doesn't the quote about the Shadowed One mean we can rule out (a lot of) evil beings?

Shadowed One -- "I never really considered TSO for a few reasons. One, Orde was defining the GB as evil, he was not defining himself that way. Two, he was in the MU to observe, not sabotage its running by causing trouble and disruption. And three, I have other plans for TSO that don't involve this."
If the GB doesn't define himself as evil, then it can't be a really evil character, could it? It could still be someone who doesn't think of himself as evil, I suppose... but that still seems to rule out a bunch of characters.
current_events_sigbanner.png

wow its nice to see my Kazi theory still stands =DCan we even include any Rahi as a canindate for the GB?
See above, even if it was a joke. Rahi in mind, I'd say Krahka, she's very intelligent for a Rahi, more intelligent than Keetongu, unlike Keetongu she is fluent in the Matoran language and knows how to use her powers to trick others. At the same time, she keeps to herself a lot, or at least she did before being dragged into combat by Vakama and co. She seems to have a very grey morality, too.

zaktancopyja2.png

Why don't we bring up Dweller again? He observed Metru Nui after the Great Cataclysm, which probably would have been an area of interest for a GB. As well, being a Dark Hunter, Dweller would also be able to keep tabs on TSO and the other Dark Hunters.

aouROFb.png

You know, someone should compile a list of suggested Beings, and repost it every page, so we'll stop going in circles. Let's see, the ones I remember:1. Velika: Likely canidate, lots of reasons for him.2. Kazi: Fairly likely, about as much as Velika3. Keetongu: Some very interesting evidence brought up for him4. Darkness: He sits there, all day, observing TSO.5. The Recorder: He just records various things and has many chances to observe with TSO.6. Pewku: A joke, really.7. Roodaka (I think somewhere): She's a girl, so extremely unlikely.Anyone want to look through the 15 pgs. and figure out the rest of the list? :P
I will say i'm glad darkness made it onto this list since as far as i know i'm the first person to suggest Darkness and the first to give a decent reason to support my theory.But about the roodaka part she has far more things wrong with her besides just being female, and in a previous post i mentioned some of those reasons.
This has possibly been brought up before, but doesn't the quote about the Shadowed One mean we can rule out (a lot of) evil beings?
Shadowed One -- "I never really considered TSO for a few reasons. One, Orde was defining the GB as evil, he was not defining himself that way. Two, he was in the MU to observe, not sabotage its running by causing trouble and disruption. And three, I have other plans for TSO that don't involve this."
If the GB doesn't define himself as evil, then it can't be a really evil character, could it? It could still be someone who doesn't think of himself as evil, I suppose... but that still seems to rule out a bunch of characters.
Here is my thought on this statement: You don't have to be evil to hang out with and evil person. Your not actually evil till you do something that makes you evil.This is [art of the reason some people have dismissed all dark hunters because they see it as black and white or like this: Oh they are a member of a evil organization so naturally they must be evil themselves. This is not so.( This is the best eample i can think of so bare with me) for all we know there may be a Member of the dark hunters who's only job is to make the shadowed one's coffee every morning.heck even in the real world there are companies who are committing crimes like lets say a bank company. The higher ups may be stealing thousands of dollars from their customers but you are just the person who just works as a teller and you have never even met the higher ups. so in this situation your assisting in a evil plot without even knowing it.I hope this helps and makes sense.
See above, even if it was a joke. Rahi in mind, I'd say Krahka, she's very intelligent for a Rahi, more intelligent than Keetongu, unlike Keetongu she is fluent in the Matoran language and knows how to use her powers to trick others. At the same time, she keeps to herself a lot, or at least she did before being dragged into combat by Vakama and co. She seems to have a very grey morality, too.
one problem with your theory is about how Krahka can speak matoran. She did not know how to speak matoran until she encountered the toa metru. And also why would the great being allow itself to be stuck in theZone of Darkness for a thousand years where it could not observe the matoran universe at all. and if brutaka had not opened another portal to the zone of darkness the great being would have never escaped.so yeah i find krahka very unlikely to be the Great Being

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Since this was suggested to be closed, I just wanna say that if I did close this, all it would do is open up the forum to a multitude of topics on it, which would then probably have to have an official topic. So either this will remain open, or we'll have an official topic for it.I would support doing an official topic that more clearly restates the rules of who is out in the first post (like, no strong females secretly being a guy, no clear evil characters, etc.), as well as the "guidelines" that are less clear, and a more complete list of who's out, and maybe in. So that we wouldn't have so many repetitive posts along those lines.Discuss whether this would be good or bad now. :P

Edited by bonesiii

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Since this was suggested to be closed, I just wanna say that if I did close this, all it would do is open up the forum to a multitude of topics on it, which would then probably have to have an official topic. So either this will remain open, or we'll have an official topic for it.I would support doing an official topic that more clearly restates the rules of who is out in the first post (like, no strong females secretly being a guy, no clear evil characters, etc.), as well as the "guidelines" that are less clear, and a more complete list of who's out, and maybe in. So that we wouldn't have so many repetitive posts along those lines.Discuss whether this would be good or bad now. :P
I think that that's a good idea: like you said, maybe if it's an official topic people will be more careful about constantly restating things. :P Edited by Infrared

I also think an official topic would be good, for all the reasons you said. :P
current_events_sigbanner.png

I also think an official topic would be good, for all the reasons you said. :P
I couldn't agree more.

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I don't see why it would be a bad idea. If only Krahka was the Great Being, that would be awesome. I'd totally vote for her, she's pretty cool, and her character could use more interesting things.

Topic seems to have been going in circles a bit, the same names are coming up mostly, and then the occassional random obscure character who can't be argued against but it probably isn't due to obscurity. A more conscise topic would be extremely useful I reckon.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Here is my thought on this statement: You don't have to be evil to hang out with and evil person. Your not actually evil till you do something that makes you evil.This is [art of the reason some people have dismissed all dark hunters because they see it as black and white or like this: Oh they are a member of a evil organization so naturally they must be evil themselves. This is not so.( This is the best eample i can think of so bare with me) for all we know there may be a Member of the dark hunters who's only job is to make the shadowed one's coffee every morning.heck even in the real world there are companies who are committing crimes like lets say a bank company. The higher ups may be stealing thousands of dollars from their customers but you are just the person who just works as a teller and you have never even met the higher ups. so in this situation your assisting in a evil plot without even knowing it.I hope this helps and makes sense.
That's not applicable in this case, though. We don't know any members of the Dark Hunters who aren't assassins or thieves (positions, by the way, that afford them quite a bit of influence in the world). The only exception might be Mimic. Furthermore, the DH aren't at all secretive about their goals (at least, not to their members), so it's clear that any member--yes, even the coffee maker--is aware that they are assisting a criminal organization. Whether they're fetching coffee to ensure that TSO is awake before fighting Toa, stealing Zamor launchers, or building an outpost in the north of Odina, they are contributing to the group's "evil" actions (even if they're just making it easier for other members). Their contribution may not be direct, but they're still counted as "evil."And the Dark Hunters (and other BIONICLE organizations) are nothing like banks. The best real-world equivalent would be to a gang. Perhaps not every member kills people; maybe one just counts the money others have obtained illegally. Either way, he's assisting a criminal organization and willingly associating with them. The money-counter gets just as arrested as the other members (but charged with a heck of a lot less, of course).As for the quote that started this whole thing ("defining himself that way" ), I suppose that we can get around this by assuming that the GB is a moral relativist and/or Uebermensch.
I would support doing an official topic that more clearly restates the rules of who is out in the first post (like, no strong females secretly being a guy, no clear evil characters, etc.), as well as the "guidelines" that are less clear, and a more complete list of who's out, and maybe in. So that we wouldn't have so many repetitive posts along those lines.
Couldn't you or Erebus just edit the first post in this topic? Why not change this topic's title while we're at it? There's nothing to stop this one from becoming an official topic. It's already the only one dedicated to discussion of the identity of the GB. It's already got a partial list and the few main rules. We can just remind people to read the OP when they jump in.Either way, by the time that the other theoretical official topic gets to a few pages, people will make the same mistakes as they're making now: Not reading the OP, not looking through any previous rebuttals, and so on. The new topic won't remain particularly concise for all that long, and once it's long enough, it'll be just as useless as this one. Basically, a new topic isn't going to change anything, so just close this one (and perhaps any other topics on the topic, since we're never going to make any headway without Greg) or leave it alone.

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

Well, my thinking was that starting a new topic with the conclusions we've reached in this one would be more likely to draw people's attention to the first post, rather than just editing them into this one. In my experience once a topic has already had as much discussion as this one does, edits to the first post are pretty much ignored.

Well, my thinking was that starting a new topic with the conclusions we've reached in this one would be more likely to draw people's attention to the first post, rather than just editing them into this one. In my experience once a topic has already had as much discussion as this one does, edits to the first post are pretty much ignored.
Yeah, BZPower's generally pretty bad at reading OPs--even with relatively few pages of discussion. It's pretty clear that people often aren't taking the time in this thread to look through the disqualified list (which they should be doing every time they post a new candidate, but I digress). Perhaps we could supplement that with some sort of a regular (e.g., weekly) "conclusion digest" post that would allow for alerts to any new information and even restate the basic premises. That might be the only way to ensure that people pay enough attention.~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."