Bzprpg - Le-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: Alfon / Onyx / VolinGetting a grip of himself, Alfon shook himself out of his daze and advanced his Gukko to fly at the front of the formation, reclaiming the mantle as the squad leader. The attacking forces of the Nui-Rama seemed endless, leaving nothing but a buzzing mass of flying insects obscuring the ground forces from his point of view however it appeared the Demolitions crew decided to take the initiative and take out whatever enemies picked at their backs."Aerial Squad, take out those Rama in the back!"Following suit, Alfon steered the formation towards the rear forces and began firing multiple electrical attacks, careful to avoid hitting the Demolitions team.On the ground, it was complete chaos with Makuta's endless forces now coming from everywhere, relinquishing every moment to take a breather. Standing near the entrance, Onyx furiously attacked the incoming Nui-Rama, bludgeoning them non-stop while sending out the occasional iron spikes.What with everyone going about their business, few people were ensuring that the larval creatures didn't make it out alive from that tunnel apart from him and Mussiki. Standing mostly at the front, Volin sent wave after wave of plasma in the tunnel, filling its interior with super-heated gas which incinerated and melted whatever creature who was unfortunate to rush into it. Not only that but he was doing his best to hold them back with telekinesis, feeling an incredible amount of strain from doing so."Someone give me a hand!"OOC: Summary: Aerial Squad has joined the Demolitions Crew to decimate the Nui-Rama at the back of the ground forces to relieve the pressure. Volin is blasting plasma inside the tunnel while suppressing the larvae with his Matatu.

IC (Lema): The air squad's second run also met with success, as the wall collapsed inwards and at last allowed he army access to the interior of the hive. As soon as it did, the remaining rama disengaged from the gukko and went to harass the ground troops, pinning them inside the hive where they could not manoeuvre effectively. Lema knew that the hardest part of thie job was done, but the air squad could still help now that the walls were breached. Sitting on top of his gukko, he created a gale, blowing down and across the new entrance. This sudden, strong wind would make it very difficult for the rama to fly in close to the tunnel entrance and harass the rear of the ground squad.IC (Dekuna): Dekuna got off Aki-Nui's back and charged into the hive with the rest of the ground squad. In the crampt space, this would make it wasier to manoeuvre and make both himself and Payiges less of a target. It was dark in here, and especially so after the bright sunlight of the jungle, but the toa of sonics' excellent hearing told him where most things were. If it got darker as they penetrated further into the hive, he could always resort to sonar. In fact, he could almost be grateful that he couldn't see the rama-spawn in much detail. The sounds from the slimy, half-formed creatures were bad enough.To save his elemental energy and concentration for later, Dekuna used his modified lightstone rifle to attack the giant maggots. Taking aim at a dense group at them, he fired several stones at them and shielded his eyes against the intense flashes of light that each one created as it struck a target exploded, releasing all the lightstones' energy at once. Maybe it would help others to see in the gloom.OOC: Yes, lightstone rifle. It was won from a Vortixx in combat back in April.

ppg2.png

IC: Furon and TerroFuron leaned backward and landed on his hands, the most heat-resistant part of his body. He then handspringed back onto his feet and rubbed his neck."I'm Furon," he said, "and ow.""That still doesn't explain why you attacked me," Terro snapped."Well," Furon replied, "you intruded upon my temporary home. I was forced to act."

67tlbk.png

IC: Furon and Terro"Hey," Furon said, a grin spreading across his face, "Someone who's as crazy I am! Finally!"Terro leaned on the wall of the cave."Listen," Furon continued, "I'm kinda...uh...between homes right now. Do you mind if I stick with you guys for a while?""Yes," Terro interjected, "I do mind.""Psht," Furon spat, turning to Terro, "I wasn't asking you. Duh!"

67tlbk.png

IC: Sisk, Hive AttackSisk's assessment of the situation had turned out to be more than correct. As predicted, their strafing-run had bought the ground-forces the time to breach the outer wall of the hive, but the Rama retaliated immediately. They broke off most of the engagements with the Gukko force and turned. The Le-Matoran could only assume what awaited the ILS within the structure of the hive and from the Turaga's old stories, he certainly did not want to take a closer look at what was waiting down there. But the adult Rama surged back to the breach as well, blocking the ground-forces retreat. The aerieal team of the ILS sprang into action, in turn focusing on the Rama besetting the rear-guard, but it was not enough to clear the air above them.Sisk heard a whistle. It was Kara, signaling the beginning of another maneuver, one involving the whole flight. He realized that what the squad-leader had in mind had not been tested on such a large scale before. Sure, on smaller nests, but on the hive? On the other hand, it had been highly effective against the smaller enclaves. As if randomly deciding to disengage, all of the dozen Gukkos broke formation, each headed in a different direction, almost as if they were fleeing the site of battle. Except nothing could have been further from the truth. No. The pilots were randomizing their distance and attack-vectors, until Kara whistled again. Then they raced back for the entrance of the tunnel and the cloud of Rama buzzing around it. The first bird reaching it opened fire with a hail of disks from its crew and broke away immediately after, as to not fly directly into the thick of the swarm. Several Rama fell, their number too great for the disks not to hit anything. Sisk watched as others followed suit, waiting for their own turn. ----------------------Down on the ground, Leah suddenly found herself fighting alongside Mahdrik and her fellow Matoran, as they were among the ones left to defend the tunnel-entrance. Without the aerial teams, she knew, they would hardly stand a chance. To her left, one of the medics who had dared to go one step to far away from the opening of the tunnel was immediately snatched up, his scream of surprise turning to gurgles as he was torn apart mid-air. Leah gritted her teeth and thrust her staff into the bulbous eye of a Rama coming at her. She had planned on bringing everybody home. That was off the table since the first pilot that died this day. Angrily, she whirled around and hit another Rama with her staff. The Rahi recoiled for a second, which was all that was needed for one of the medics to hurl a disk at it, hitting the slightly weaker spot where the lower body-segment joined the torso, separating them. Leah already focused on the next Rama. She hadn't been good enough, was the thought circling around her head. Maybe that was true. But right, she could get some payback. OOC: Summary: The Gukko Force Birds are hitting the Rama at the tunnel-entrance randomly from multiple directions at speed, while the Le-Matoran in the tunnel are trying their best to hold the Rama off.

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

IC: IncommodoIncommodo opened his eyes, slowly. "Ugh... where am I? What am I doing here?"He spent a moment thinking. Smoke was seen to rise from his head as he attempted to do so. "Who am I?"Incommodo. That's my name. "I am Incommodo. Who's Incommodo? Where am I?""

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

IC: (Uar)Uar moved into the Hive, acting more cautiously due to the lack of much light. He asked Dekuna: "So, what's the next target?"

Edited by The Mask of Ice

My BZPRPG Characters

BIONICLE Table-Top Roleplaying Game System Project, Started by The Iron Toa

I used to write something about my rank here, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

IC(Algnia): Algnia almost gave a cheer when he saw more Rama pour out of the hive. It looked like he wouldn't have to kill the ILS by himself. The Rama should be able to do it. He shot streams of ice at some Rama that were divebombing him. He wished they knew friend from foe, but no luck.

WIP

IC (Voi, Le-Wahi, Mountain Cave):Voi was getting pretty irritated by the new arrival. He had not been in this cave the first time."As much as I like to see deranged Toa discuss stupid things", he muttered. "We shall leave this discussion."Voi turned to leave, then suddenly turned to face Furon. "Hey... would you happen to know anything about a magic spear?"

IC: Furon"I dunno," Furon replied, scratching his head, "when I was a Matoran, I saw some guy, I think he was a Toa, trying to bury something that looked a little bit like a spear in Po-Wahi, but it was dark and I couldn't see who it was or the exact spot where he buried it. I mean, if you want, I could take you there."

Edited by Zyke the destroyer

67tlbk.png

IC:Skaarn, through Lantz' eyes, noticed that one of the Rahkshi, although defeated, still contained a live Kraata. It seemed some sort of ball of stone, or possibly iron, had severed the Rahkshi's head from it's body, but had otherwise left the spine and Kraata untouched. Skaarn couldn't bear to watch as one of his brothers lay trapped in a useless body in the midst of a battle, unable to hurt or kill. He leaned his body towards the direction of the downed Rahkshi, giving the Nui-Rama that were holding him the cue to move that way. With the invaders now fending off the Nui-Rama younglings, Skaarn doubted they would try to stop him.This is getting old. The invaders will win this battle. I don't see what it is you're trying to do.Not to worry. My plan, and Makuta's, is too complex for your little mind."Over here" Lantz yelled. He only had control over his mouth and face, but he would use what he could to stop Skaarn. "Attack me" he yelled at the invaders as the Nui-Rama carried him to the Rakhshi.

Edited by Toa Fanixe

Quiz by TheQuizzery.com

kalmah.png

You are strong and kinda smart, but not too much

Which Barraki are you?

IC: Cy, doing what he could to help, created a vaccum in the tunnel. Rama younglings needed air, and the vaccum went to deep into the tunnel to get past while holding one's breath. He would work with some of the other Toa to move further in once some of the larvae had passed out. He was sure he probably shouldn't tell his friend Kivar about this approach. OOC:Cy is holding back larvae with a vaccum. Approaching larvae will suffocate.

IC: MadrihkThe hive was cracked, and the army had moved in for the next stage of the mission. The original idea of the "strike team" had been all but abandoned, but at this point it didn't really matter. It was evident that they no longer needed the full force of the ground squad to keep the waning Rama swarm away. What they did need, however, was the power to kill an uncountable amount of larvae and insects inside their hive.As he approached the hive tunnel, Madrihk saw the air force swoop by, keeping their airborne enemies busy. In the tunnel the ILS had made, some of the Toa were trying to beat back the attacking infants. The Toa of Ice used his damaged hand to send a blast of ice at the creatures, wincing silently at the pain that accompanied it. Some of the larvae were frozen solid, but the others immediately began crawling above or around them. Cy was attempting to suffocate them with a vaccum, but Madrihk feared that their sheer mass would still be too much."They are getting closer!" he shouted. "Set them all on fire, let the flames sort it out! Shut them off with stone or earth if need be! Let not a single one of them be left alive!"At the same time, there was motion elsewhere on the battlefield. Most of the fighters had moved towards the hive, so Madrihk glanced over and saw the apparent Toa of Shadow appear on the ground for the first time. The strangest part was not that he suddenly got involved so directly, but that he appeared to form out of the ground and threaten the air. A few seconds later, when the enemy swung his weapon and evidently struck something mid-air, Madrihk realized that one of his invisibility-powered strike force members – either Kal or Amerikos – was out there, facing the villain alone. While the Toa of Ice would not feel much grief if one of them were lost, this could prove a valuable distraction indeed.He drew the attention of his nearby allies, barking new orders as his leadership would entail."Over there! The Toa of Shadows, or whatever he is! He appeared out of nowhere, using our invisible friend's shadows in some way. I want him lit up like a lightstone; remove the shadows from the area before he get to slay anyone!"Madrihk turned his head and looked for support before he attacked himself."We got a priority target, and we need to deal with him now! I want at least three warriors to come with me and take him out at once!"OOC: Volunteers, please, target Heuani. Assume Madrihk will not suicidally charge Heuani if he does not get support, but he is ready to engage with Kakama and Ice powers from his left hand. His right hand is wounded and is essentially fixed with a crude iron prothestic at the moment, so he can't use his sword, only his backup blade.

IC: OnyxOnce Onyx was done swatting enough Nui-Rama to catch a breather, he ran over to Madrihk after hearing his need for volunteers. Of all the members of the ground force, he was physically tired but one of few with minor injuries and ability to overpower a single being with his brute force. "I'll come."

OOC: Subgroup Leader: Ussalry are readying to charge after elements exhausted in same wedge formation. The force will attempt to cleave a path through the left flank and then hold that passageway as long as possible against further attacks.IC: The Ussalry stood behind the other ground forces, silent save for their swinging of saperka at any rama who got close. Their armor was repaired and weapons rebuilt. But they remained stoically non- talkative and cool as ever.Sulov was most reserved of all. Hulking and still covered in muck, the commander was thinking as he punched away. The ground-based assault had been forced into a halt by seemingly endless swarms of larvae. As the heavy and medium cavalry of the force, the Ussalmatoran under his command were those best at making exploitable holes or paths in enemies blocking the way. And Koskium had an idea how.The question he was currently agonizing over was "Are the risks worth the rewards?".5th and 6th would probably be destroyed. 7th might as well.But if it gave the others enough time and positioning..., Sulov said silently..He thought of his his forces. Their weaponry, their armor, and their Ussals all went under his scrutiny. Then the commander thought of the Nui-Rama Hive. He gazed into his image of it, and saw as well the last obstacle before the penetrating attack that would almost certainly bring down the structure.And finally he spoke."FELLOW COMMANDERRS!"Sulov ceased to speak and only punched wasps for a second. Feeling the briefest of glances towards him, he continued:"I suggest a plan forr entrry. Yourr toa arr firring elements at ze larrfuh, correct?"The edges of his vision caught the nods. The matoran spoke as he batted off a stinger."If zey may firre seferral more times, zhen ze svarm vill zin and ze remaining larrfae vill become uzed to charrging forrvarrd blindly vhile elements arr preserrved. Zo zey vill rush again."Sulov paused. He bifurcated a rama, splattering his helm in more goo."If ze left flank svings back, zhen ve may charrge and cut a paz zhrrough. Ve vill zhen forrm a line on ze rright side of ze paz," Sulov went on. "Ze ozerr forrzes can mof tu supporrt orr enterr ze Hife wia ze passage."Batting again before sheathing his saperka, the Onu-Matoran grabbed an oncoming wasp in a bear hug. He punched its head to a bloody pulp with his prosthetic while grappling it with the other."Tu ask elements alone to kill zis foe is suicide vhen ze elements in kveschun arr depleted and attacking zhousands. Ve can do vhat elements cannot; ve can allow zem rest and give access tu ze objective," Sulov pointed out. "Zis is a job for heafy cafalrry."

Edited by Francis Wisehead

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC-Mussiki:"Sulov, that's a suicide attack!" Mussiki exclaimed. "Even with your armour and training, those larvae will swarm you in an instant. You may thin them out considerably, but they'll thin you out as well," the Toa of Sonics said. "The amount of time it will take most of the Toa here to rest and regain their strength will be too great. Holding them off for that amount of time is just opening yourself up to the same problem we've got...but at a much, much closer range. If we use ranged attacks with our elements, at least we'll have a measure of time to get ready for the physical battle when they rush again. But your squadrons will just get buried!"

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Reordin (Rama Hive, Le-Wahi)Reordin could barely hear Sulov's proposition through the buzzing and death wretches of the Rama he was obliterating. After finally cutting his way through a swarm of Rama, he could finally make out the brunt of the Onu-Matoran's plan, and his heart began to sink at the sound of what he was hearing."You'll...Koskium, you'll get slaughtered!" he yelled, unbelieving of what he was hearing; it must have showed, because his voice wavered a bit in what was his first show of fear in the entire battle. "You won't have half a chance!"-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: "I know zat," Sulov replied calmly. "Ve are Ussalmatoran who pledged our lives to zis island-you two know zat betterr zhan anyvun elz."He paused. He tossed off the rama and slashed the next one, battering it repeatedly."But zis posizhun is untenable. Elements can hold only a little longerr, and ze rrama arr barely held off on boz sides," He said. "Efentually airr supporrt vill fall orr ze elements vill run out. And ze attack vill fail viz ze coming uhz ze svarrm."If arr sacrifice kills enuz bugs, buys enuz time, gives enuz uhz an attacking posizhun," Koskium went on, "Zat could be changed. A forrze vill be in ze Hive," the commander continued as he sliced open one wasp. "Ve can hold forr forrty-five seconds. Zat is enuz time tu enterr."Sulov's voice was completely objective and reserved. Its rumble was instructive, its resonance aloof.He didn't show any hint that the notion of sending everyone under his command to their deaths pained him in the slightest."Zomzhing must gif if zis attack is tu succeed and stop zat vhich saps blood frrom Le-Koro. Vhat betterr tu gif zhan ze forrzes vhich can only charge vonce morr?," Sulov asked plaintively.

Edited by Francis Wisehead

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness.