How Many Languages Do You Speak?

Gorag

I speak English, quite naturally, and I am steadily on my way to becoming fluent in French. I know enough (read: 10 words and a few particles) Japanese to annoy my sister with my complete lack of proficiency. I would really like to study Japanese seriously. Two other dream languages for me are Korean and Polish, if I ever gather the courage to start studying them.

I spent last year in Ecuador and so I can communicate in conversational Spanish. I also have taken three years of college Japanese and I am hoping to take Chinese next year. I'm also trying to learn Korean on the side. Yeah...I like languages.

I would really like to study Japanese seriously. Two other dream languages for me are Korean and Polish, if I ever gather the courage to start studying them.

If you know Japanese, Korean has the same grammar structure, apparently. The pronunciation is really different, though. Edited by Yukiko

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

lcHgr.gif dmHto.gif GMbsT.gif vobLI.gif 0o6ku.gif JJNox.gif BCQuL.gif FXyU6.gif Y5AOI.gif hH7LQ.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

SOO DESU KA. KAWAII DESU YO. ^^ I'm curious, though. What exactly is the point of being fluent in Latin? Does it help with other Romance languages?

There's a dozen selves inside you, trying to be the one to run the dials

lcHgr.gif dmHto.gif GMbsT.gif vobLI.gif 0o6ku.gif JJNox.gif BCQuL.gif FXyU6.gif Y5AOI.gif hH7LQ.gif

[BZPRPG Profiles]

Hatchi - Talli - Ranok - Lucira - FerellisMorie - Fanai - Akiyo - Yukie - Shuuan - Ilykaed - Pradhai - Ipsudir

And some aren't even on your side.

The only language I'm fluent in is English. I took Spanish through school, but I hated it and quit after last year. I doubt I'll ever learn it. Now I'm taking Japanese. -Canama

man remember when no one would dream of making a forum site without signatures

that was tight

Englisch und ein bisschen Deutsch. Nur ein bisschen! Ich bin nicht sehr gut. Schwere sprachen ze lernen, abar besser als franzoesisch ich denke. German is fun to yell in however, and I enjoy learning it and actually talking to some one in it once and a while. I know a little French, not very much, and I'm not very good at it. A few words of Russian (banya, beregis, vodka, strana :P) and a few Spanish ones (muerta) and I used to know some Punjabi, but I forgot it. MTL

I speak English (Like most people) but I also am in the process of learning Spanish.I've never really been a fan of learning new languages though :\

gckrastin_banner.png

Researchers in the U.K. have developed a vegetable called “super broccoli” designed to fight heart disease. Not to be outdone, researchers in America have developed a way to stuff an Oreo inside another Oreo.

Hello there, I am a brony!

:D

Well, let's see. I learned French before I went to Paris last summer. French is probably my secondary language, right behind English. I know Italian from the trip to Rome a few years ago. I can also speak Japanese, Russian, and German. I also speak English, of course. So that's six languages.

Edited by Ankarus
830px-Epguide407.jpg

Are you ready?

The Clone Wars are back.

I speak English, Australian, Canadian and British pretty well. :smirk:

lol yes. Anyway I speak English and another language that shall go unnamed fluently and I'm in the process of learning french ~Exon :hau:

I would post saying only, "You're awesome," but I would get reported for spam, and rightfully so. Then I would have to delete my own post or maybe leave an edit telling myself to read the rules, which I wrote. You get the picture.

As you can see, I support the "put a windrider quote in your sig" movement. I do hope it catches on.

O kewl. I be Tohunga. But I suh tinee. owell.

-{ Bad Images }- -{ What Just Happened 2.0 }-

lol yes. Anyway I speak English and another language that shall go unnamed fluently and I'm in the process of learning french ~Exon :hau:
Is it Goa'uld, Klingon or Aurbesh?
No but I wish, 'cause those are the best "Star-" languages ever ~Exon :hau:

I would post saying only, "You're awesome," but I would get reported for spam, and rightfully so. Then I would have to delete my own post or maybe leave an edit telling myself to read the rules, which I wrote. You get the picture.

As you can see, I support the "put a windrider quote in your sig" movement. I do hope it catches on.

I speak English as my first language. I took a year of Spanish, but it was hard, so I switched over to Latin, which comes naturally to me. I don't really speak it much, but I took two years of elementary Latin, and am taking Latin I currently for my language credit. I've also memorized the matoran alphabet, and do some improv. tree-speak, but that's about it. :P

rarity-with-wings.jpgrarity-heart.png <<Newest Chibi: Nuparu Inika

I speak both American and British English, although I'm pretty good at spainish. Me halbo Epsanyol. (I don't know how to get the tildae sign on my computer to work.)

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

Goa'uld is the more... humorous language. Where else can you find a language that actually made it Canon the phrase "I am the Great and Powerful Oz"

English :P And my other language is definitely human. It's a not well known asian language called mon search it up. ~Exon :hau:

One, which I am currently speaking. Yo sé un poco espanol tambien, porque yo tuve que aprender el español en mi escuela por dos años. But I don't consider that actually knowing the language. I've already forgotten a lot, and even if I remembered everything I would be completely incapable of actually having a conversation in Spanish. Yes, I just looked up those ASCII codes just so I could write that.

Total aggregate would be about three. English (primary), a fair amount of Spanish, and a fair amount of French. I understand Dutch, but can't speak a lick of it, beyond cursory words and phrases. I live in a half-Dutch household, so there it is. My sister speaks way more Dutch, but I think I know a bit more French than she does.

English is the only language I'm fluent in, but I am studying German and have studied Latin (will pick that up later). I fully intend to learn other languages beyond these. I also do know a smattering of Tolkien's Sindarin and Elvish languages, and what little there is of Matoran.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

English is the only language I'm fluent in, but I am studying German and have studied Latin (will pick that up later). I fully intend to learn other languages beyond these. I also do know a smattering of Tolkien's Sindarin and other Elvish languages, and what little there is of Matoran.

Corrected it for you.Just because I'm too much of a Tolkien geek for my own good.-Dovydas

English is the only language I'm fluent in, but I am studying German and have studied Latin (will pick that up later). I fully intend to learn other languages beyond these. I also do know a smattering of Tolkien's Sindarin and other Elvish languages, and what little there is of Matoran.

Corrected it for you. Just because I'm too much of a Tolkien geek for my own good. -Dovydas
Oops, I meant to say Quenya.

imo11b1ulynbq2ju7il.png

If you like this banner, please feel free to add it to your signature.

QUOTE(GregF @ Oct 13 2010, 03:21 AM)

Keep in mind that if Star Trek fans had, as a group, said, "No point in talking about this anymore, it's never going to come back," it never WOULD have come back.

Do you think you have what it take to climb... Up the Carrion Stair!

Credit to Toa Zehvor MT for the banner!

Pffft, I'd like to see you try and speak Australian, Shad. I speak English fluently, and am currently learning Indonesian. I did a bit of Spanish and French in primary school, but I guess they don't really count :P I also used to be fluent in Sdrawkcab Egaugnal. -FtC

I have an old Flickr account here

Previously Feefeeri/Felix the Cat

I MOC sometimes

English is my primary language, but a few years ago I lived in Thailand and so I used to be fluent at it. I'm way better at interpreting than responding in Thai, though. I'm also learning German, but my pronunciation sucks seeing as mein lehrer ist ein sprecher schlecht.

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

English is my native tongue. I took German 1 last year and passed with flying colors, but couldn't take German 2/3 this year because of schedule conflict. (It was German with some rather annoying people or Advanced US History with my best friend, and it's the only class we have together.)I do plan on returning to studying German in the future, though.I'm trying to teach myself Japanese and Russian, but keep I putting it off... -_- One of my friends and his sister are planning on giving me a crash course in Spanish 1-3 sometime in the future. So I hope to be able to fluently speak German, Spanish, Russian, and Japanese, and maybe a few coding languages in the future. Languages come naturally to me, and it's really fun for me to learn one, because I have a habit of immersing myself in the language's culture.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

BLAST THESE TABLES.

"Ichigo... I hate the rain. Rain falls in this world, too. When your heart is in chaos, this sky becomes clouded. When you are sad, rain falls so terribly easy. Can you understand...The horrible feeling of being pelted by rain when you're all alone in this solitary world? If only to stop that rain, I shall lend you any strength. If you trust in me, I won't let a single drop of rain fall from that sky. Ichigo, trust me...You are not fighting alone."

It's the calm before the storm/It's the quiet before the war/It's the time when all will be decided/All will be decided/If nobody hears the echoes on the wind/It's the end of the chain/Destruction of the fittest/It's the end of our reign/We've seen it all before/It's the end of man's evolution/The end of evolution/For nobody heeds the echoes on the wind

Silence's so loud, not a soul... left alive/Darkness's a shroud/2085/All our dreams have disappeared/They burned down... tree of life/Confirming all that we feared/2085

Don't give up, remember how we felt/Fire rushing through our veins/Now it's the time to rise up from our *^$#/Now it's the time to free our brains/The meaning of life is to give life meaning/Go too fast, move too slow/Restore the balance between thinking and feeling/Open up and let it flow

No side has won, struggle to... survive/Our quest here is done/2085/All our hopes have disappeared/Our race will... not thrive/Time will not recall the year 2085

Don't give in, remember all we learned/The spark of life if did ignite/We regained the rage for which we yearned/We regained our will to fight

I speak English and Spanish very well. Thinking of learning something Gaelic, maybe Welsh, and, at some point, I just might go for Swahili.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom