BIONIFIGHT ULTIMATE

Voltex

OOC: My Ignika better work....

IC: JiMing

Health: 15/20

"Ugh, I come back for Shadowhawk to gain ultimate power. Great....." the red, white, and orange muttered, not happy at the turn of events. Hefting his energy saber, he converted it into shield form, however, he intentionally threw it to make it miss. As the spinning disc of pain neared Shadowhawk's destination, JiMing used the Green Orb of Plantlife to summon a mighty oak tree. Which was directly in the line of path of both Shadowhawk and the energy shield.

And that meant much pain.

OOC: By the way, Chro, you were right all along!

Haven't seen one of these in a long time...

Indeed I was!

And Luroka, it doesn't matter that he'd be able to avoid it regardless. Would you appreciate me throwing you onto the hood of a moving car with the argument that it could technically crumple upon impact and not damage you? /irlhighway

What I mean is, it's the principle. Autohitting is autohitting whether or not damage is dealt.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

IC: [ Shadowhawk ] - [ 276/280 HP ] - Being BOSS / selecting first target

ShadowVezon's ranged attacks connected squarely (
-4 HP), drawing first blood, but unfortunately for everyone else who attacked him thereafter, Ehks' solid hardlight cage not only hampered the Shadowhawk's movement and shadow elemental abilities... it also prevented Ehks' own allies' attacks from connecting. A bit of an oversight... probably not one that would happen again, but it gave him a bit of time to catch his bearings.

The necromancer, not overly concerned by the dramatic-but-useless attacks being thrown at him from the outside, grinned wickedly at his enemies through his glowing prison walls and drew a set of polished bone dice from his utility toolbelt.

"Ha ha, Ehks, that was... how do they say? Epic fail. But now... taking you on all at once wouldn't be tactically sound, so I'll just have to take you down one at a time. Divide and conquer. Let's see who's first, shall we?"

He threw the dice, caught it, studied the roll results with slitted eyes of venomous green.

"Looks like your overgrown purple friend, Zakaro, 'll be the first to taste of death this round... How fortunate. He'll make a positively splendid zombie, will he not?"

OOC:

Just so you all know, yes, I am selecting my targets by RNG. :)

Edited by Shadowhawk

IC:

"Hah. Can't believe you actually let me do that."

I made a fist, and dozens of hardlight spikes formed on the inside of the bubble, all aiming down towards Shadowhawk. I smiled again.

"And once that's done poking you, I think I'll let everyone else attack you."

(15/20)

1Ydp0mg.jpg

Steam name: Ehksidian

IC: Zakaro (heh) {HP: 15/20}

The purple masked Toa backed up, taking a defensive stance a distance away from the hardlight bubble while replying.

"While I cannot argue with that logic, as a Zakombie would be splendid indeed, I do prefer my flesh on my body and would very much the ability to speak over the fine drone of an undead minion. Plus, I don't take orders very well."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

15/20

Geting up from the blast, I grabbed my scepter, which was glowing with power from the shockwave, and flipped it, before catching it and running at Shadowhawk, intending to strike.

OOC: Does my Special weapon power work on him?

Looks like it's the end of the line for 21.

Dapper Man: 15/20

Oh man, Shady-Hawk's having a meltown. I was not prepared for this. Rgrgh, what am I supposed to do? The other folk's violent reactions are only exacerbating this already terrible situation, but maybe it's not too late to use words?

"Shadowhawk! Stop being a baby! I've had my powers since round one and you don't see me throwing a tantrum!"

Okay, it definitely is too late. Time to ready up.

Morally unambiguous.

IC: Pulse [15/20]

Seeing as throwing dynamite seemed not to work against Shadowhawk, Pulse instead created a cloud of searing plasma, directing it towards Shadowhawk.

"Do we have a leader?!"

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

OOC: Hmm... Voltex given that the Desolation of the Staff arena apparently has fire rain and Fire geysers would I be able to counter the fire similar to how In the great furnace arena Blade and I were able to counter the fire damage due to his Ice rod and my blue orb of not fire?

IC: Voxumo [HP: 15/20]

Voxumo arched his brow gently as he watched the fighters take on Shadowhawk. He had to admit he did not like the odds of this fight. To Betray the rest of the fighters and ally with Shadowhawk or to fight alongside his allies and risk death by shadowhawk. Such a hard decision.

However he now moved towards Shadowhawk and spoke

"Shadowhawk! Why must we fight? Just because you have these powers does it mean you must fight those who you used to call allies in several fights?"

However he did not wish to take a chance of Shadowhawk blasting him with some power and created an energy bubble around himself for protection

OOC: Just for clarification Shadowhawk is not a giant right? Or did this enlarge him?

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

Dapper Man: 15/20

I see Pulsate direct a mass of plasma towards Shady-Hawk. I don my wings and fly nearby. Not answering his question, I furiously beat my wings at the plasma to give it added velocity. I turn around and give the thumbs-up sign.

Morally unambiguous.

OOC: Judging by previous boss fights, I'd make a guess that all the stage hazards are removed for the fight. The Subspace platforms were combined for Smaug, and the hoard of sharp jewels was removed for Canis/Void. I imagine the geysers would have been removed too.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

OOC: Judging by previous boss fights, I'd make a guess that all the stage hazards are removed for the fight. The Subspace platforms were combined for Smaug, and the hoard of sharp jewels was removed for Canis/Void. I imagine the geysers would have been removed too.

But you never truly know.. though it would be a good assumption

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

IC - HP: 15/20

First thing I saw when I entered this new place was somebody turning really fat. Or something like that. Boss fight.

Then I saw a burning man come towards me, and I got a bit confused before I figured it was Chro. Still thought his power was to become smaller. Maybe he could've gone inside Shadowhawk's tummy and messed stuff up.....Oh well. Immediately I activated my power, letting the heat transfer itself into me.

"So, Blade, Vox, Luroka. How about this. Once I've charged up enough, I pour some energy into Luroka, who'd use magnetism to hold Shadowhawk in place for a second, and then I'd fuel you guys to blast water and lightning and ice and stuff to do some powerful damage.

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

OOC: Luroka, seriously, you can't autohit, and ignred the entire thing that JL said, as he has not been charged yet...

Luroka, again, don't autoanything. Even if it helps your team.

Autohitting is autohitting whether or not damage is dealt.

Let me clarify something, because it seems to me that we are not on the same page. First of all, if all of what I do still counts as autohit, then there isn't much else here that theoretically classify as the same. Second, while I know magnetically moving someone is indeed something they can't avoid, I take extreme care to not make actual attacks in this fashion, or in an otherwise unavoidable fashion. Magnetically launching someone high into the air and leaving gravity to do the rest is NOT the same as magnetically lifting someone and slamming them onto the ground. Third, magnetically holding someone in place does not equate to attacking them, nor to freezing him on the spot. Shadowhawk has SEVERAL REASONABLE WAYS he could break free from my hold, much more so than a physical grip.

If we are to come to an agreement on this matter, I recommend first defining clear criteria on what is, and is not, autohitting, for future reference.

bBhcfWO.png

As we've said countless times, it does not matter if you directly attack them with the intent to do damage or not. You cannot auto-hit, correct; but that doesn't mean you can auto-anything other than hit. You're still manipulating their character without their consent in an unavoidable way.

I don't understand what's so difficult about saying "Luroka activated his magnetic powers with the intention of pinning Shadowhawk to the floor" instead of "Luroka activated his magnetic powers and pinned Shadowhawk to the floor".

Alternatively, we can just assume that every action you say you successfully make is actually just something you attempt, because I do understand that it can get monotonous to have to write "attempt to", "intending to", "aiming for", etc. all the time.

Yes, Shadowhawk has several reasonable ways of breaking free. That doesn't mean you are therefore allowed to do it anyway. Are you allowed to automatically damage people just because they're theoretically able to get a health kit later on?

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

IC: JiMimg

JiMing shrugged at Ehks's attack, not sure if it was effective at all. He then looked around, seeing JL, Voxumo, Blade, and Luroka form a plan. Howver, he had a bad history with them and knew they pretty much despised him at this point. So he did the next best thing of waving his arms around to get soemone's attention, someone who could potentially help him of course.

Chro, 15/20

"Hey, guys, look. JiMing's trying to get our attention. JL, hold on for a second." Chro flew over to JiMing. "What's up? Got a plan?"

I know that this post is basically what we were saying you should not do a few pages ago - RPing, not fighting - but I think it's allowed if it involves planning how you're going to fight.

Edited by Chro

but their spirits

"Sorta." JiMing admitted. "Since you can turn to fire, how about you distract Shadowhawk for a brief moment? Then I can tie Shadowhawkm0 down with vines and whatnot." JiMing looked back to the group. "What do you guys have?"

As we've said countless times, it does not matter if you directly attack them with the intent to do damage or not. You cannot auto-hit, correct; but that doesn't mean you can auto-anything other than hit. You're still manipulating their character without their consent in an unavoidable way.

Not exactly countless times, but I'll avoid this in the future. It wasn't stated explicitly in the rules, however.

Alternatively, we can just assume that every action you say you successfully make is actually just something you attempt, because I do understand that it can get monotonous to have to write "attempt to", "intending to", "aiming for", etc. all the time.

I made several posts stressing this exact point some time ago. I suppose it wasn't clear enough, but just do this.

Yes, Shadowhawk has several reasonable ways of breaking free. That doesn't mean you are therefore allowed to do it anyway. Are you allowed to automatically damage people just because they're theoretically able to get a health kit later on?

1: I'm not damaging him.

2: I will avoid doing this from now on.

bBhcfWO.png

IC: Voxumo [HP: 15/20]

Voxumo looked over curiously at JiMing and chro as the two talked and shrugged. He had no interest in what they were discussing, instead focusing on Shadowhawk and the hopeful answer to the question he proposed to him

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

Not exactly countless times [...]

Dude, I'm stupid. I can't count past six.

Chro, 15/20

"Alright." Chro launched off towards Shadowhawk, flying towards him and around him erratically, intending to distract the boss and avoid being hit.

but their spirits

While Chro was off distracting Shadowhawk, JiMing activated the Green Orb of Plantlife once more. This time, he made yet another tree, but summoned vines to lash out and bind Shadowhawk to the tree. He fired several Chaos Spears while all of this was happening, tossing his energy shield for good measure too.

IC: [ Shadowhawk ] - [ 270/280 HP ] - Being BOSS / spearing Pupwa with Troll Scepter

Still (relatively) safe inside Ehks' splendid hardlight cocoon, which said warrior had conveniently neglected to remove, the Shadowhawk watched impassively as the Bionifighters' various attacks slammed and battered against the walls, cracking and scorching them in several places. He had only seconds left before the entire structure disintegrated, or until the Ring bearer actually wised up and removed it. The spikes were bad enough (-6 HP); he'd have to cut down on the incoming attacks somehow, and soon.

Until then, though... Zakaro was his chosen target, but there was someone else he needed to deal with first. Calling on the powers of his enhanced Cloak of Void, the necromancer conjured up a gleaming Troll Scepter of Undeath. Quick and nimble, not waiting for his enemies to notice what was going on, he then kicked a jagged hole in the weakened hardlight cage and threw the scepter hard and fast like a javelin, spearing Pupwa straight through the liver, dealing one damage and preventing him from utilizing whatever things the Scepter prevented one from utilizing.

"Voxumo, if you wish to betray your allies and side with me for the moment, it is none of my concern. Do not expect assistance, but I shall not target you until circumstances warrant. That is all I will offer; I am not desperate."

OOC:

Okayyy... I know I'm pushing it with this whole 'hardlight cage' thing, but note that Ehks didn't specifically say he removed it. Be that as it may, next IC post, no matter who posts it, you may consider the cage shattered and gone.

Also, no, the Shadowhawk's physical size has not been altered. He probably looks more formidable, but he's not looming over you or anything. :P

IC: ShadowVezon, HP: 15/20

As the cage around Shadowhawk shattered, ShadowVezon fired several more shots at Shadowhawk.

xoTlRfR.png

Banner by jed1ndy

"Master of Shadows and Game-running Compliants, Ǝɹsɐʇz Ԁᴉɹɐʞɐ ᴉu qlɐɔʞ' No˙ 999, Vezon of the Twighlight"

OOC: Shadowhawk, I attempted to bind you to another tree with vines afterwards. Please acknowledge that.

JiMing fired off a barrage of Chaos Spears at Shadowhawk while he waited for his attacks to take place.

Edited by JiMing