Favorite BZPower Memories

Fighty

Man, favorite memories...

I guess one very huge one would have to be when I first joined BZPower, lurking around S&T and discussing the storyline... then I noticed a lot of sigs that had this tag "Bionicle RPG" or something similar, with a link and everything, and that feeling when I first stumbled upon that lovely little corner of the Bionicle fandom a little over a year and a half ago, and how everyone seemed to be so welcoming and friendly, it was an absolutely awesome feeling. I was so lucky to get to join a couple of the more experienced players for a plot that's still continuing now, and my writing has improved in leaps and bounds in a relatively short period because of that.

I'm still very active in the RPG scene, that's usually where you'll find me, I've made some great friends, and I've had lots of fun. It's a great community full of excellent writers and great people, and I'm proud to count myself among them.

• Upvote 1

BZPRPG Profiles

Nuparu-Ferron-Mar-Zelvin-Wiremu-Farzan-Mako-Krex-Tamachan-???

Akiri Nuparu Posts:

1. 2. ...

Cannot lie. I didn't at all mind when I was resting easy among the elites of comedies and, to a lesser extent, comics. I mean, really, who else on BZP can say they've had fanart made for them inspired by one of their comedy series?

Takuma Nuva

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

Definitely the long time I spent as a hermit that never left General Art :P What was happening on the rest of BZPower during that time? Who knows? I sure don't! I had fan art to look at 24/7. Ignorance is bliss :P

But venturing out to the rest of BZP was wonderful. I think reading Takuta-Nui's [Etymology] series of stories was really memorable cause they really had a big impact on me. Participating in the various fads and stuff was really fun too, it brought us all together as a community-- or rather, two communities, the conformists and the rebels :P

• Upvote 1

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The days when the comic forum was at its peak. When paint.net was in full force and a few comic makers were just discovering GIMP. When comic makers were actually posting sprited awards back and forth. When I strove to rack up as many comments for my comments as possible, usually succeeding with two or three. I think my worst BZPower memory is abandoning my comics in the middle of that peak.

Looking back, it's obvious that most of my comics were hardly funny, but they never fail to give me a good chuckle anyway. It's for the sake of the comic forum, if anything, that I hope Bionicle is brought back someday.

• Upvote 1

sig8.png

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing the standard of MOCs and having my 10/11-year-old mind blown by what people could actually make from the pieces--way back when there were far fewer bespoke pieces. Somebody made some crazy realisations of The Four Horsemen, right down to Famine's gigantic black horse. Despite that, it was still a real joy to get feedback on what was basically a nasty Kaita knockoff, replete with a chunky sword-shovel that was made from the weapons of Lewa Nuva and Kopaka Nuva. I had my dad take pictures and everything. Talk about exciting times.

Being able to observe the etiquette and mannerisms of more mature members was also an eye-opening experience, which made this community feel like a family to me at the time--as this was my first board, that sort of thing was especially important and helpful. Really can't remember a whole lot of specifics, but back then, every bit of progression in the franchise's story and figures carried a serious amount of weight. I was very glad to be a part of it.

Oh also, the mystery surrounding the Rahkshi and Takanuva/Makuta designs was serious hype. They certainly got me excited about the figures. Too bad I only got Lerahk in the end. I'm gonna have to get some closure by buying the rest, one day.

Edited by Deed
  • Upvote 2

Formerly LavaMaster32, circa 2002. I got misty-eyed for this place again. R.I.P. Greatest Lego Franchise Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

Discovering BZP in the spring of 2004...and then lurking for a year until my parents let me make my own email address so I could join :P

I still remember epics like Gladiator and Glitch in the System, and I even had an epic of my own back in 2006 or something. Nostalgia galore.

Ahhh, Glitch in the System was SO GOOD. I remember one of the first epics I found here was xccj's Time Disruption. Quality.

And this is going waaaaaaaay back, but would anyone happen to remember Flow of the River? I started lurking the forums right around the time everyone began to stop talking about it, although what I do remember is that it was then considered a classic of Bionicle fanfiction, or something like that. I found a link to it once and read the first few chapters, and then lost it. Anyone know if it still exists anywhere?

And library forums aside, there is of course the Dino Attack RPG, favorite memory #1. Good times.

Edited by Jacks

-------------------------------------
bohrok_lol.jpg
-------------------------------------
Rate The Song Above You

• 2 weeks later...

April Fools Day 20... 11 I believe?

It was one of those days on the site that I can never forget, because it set the tone of a huge forum fun experience for me that hasn't been matched since. To this day, I'm not sure if the full entirety of the staff were in on it (and I don't want to know). Members were choosing sides, "My fort is better than yours," "We have Hulk" and eventually Hapori Tohu had to step in... It was one of the funnest days on the books for me.

• Upvote 2

Soon to come: Star Wars 7.

I think this is my fifth or sixth year of membership as well-- and I'm just coming back to the site now, after a very long period of absence. Probably the main thing for me would be getting 10+ replies, comments, etc. on MoCs of mine, and I also look back fondly on the storylines I had going in the BZPRPG. That's about it for me, and probably will be for a long while after this, unfortunately. School just has me too busy.

• 3 weeks later...

Those days when GA was incredibly active, and GD was as well. Always something to comment on, some art to give feedback on, and some feedback to be received on own works. Attempting to be one of the day's top 20 posters.

Generally BZP being more active back when. Even with "server is busy"-messages. I kinda miss them. :/

Receiving my last proto point. I literally cried. ;w;

Same goes for having my comics featured. D:

... and there's a ton more.

Edited by Takchopper Nuvia

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I have quite a few, so...LIST TIME!

-First discovering BZPower after returning to BIONICLE and realizing how many people all over the world were fellow BIONICLE fans.

-The overwhelmingly positive response to my first "magnum opus" comedy, Comedicle. In fact, this was such a precious memory that I still haven't been able to bring myself to try re-writing it since the archives were lost.

-Anything and everything involving Toa Gabriella; though she's no longer active on BZP, we met through the site and are still very close real-life friends to this day!

-And on that note, all of the friends I've met here. I won't name names (that would take too long) but each and every one of you has contributed to many favorite memories.

-Winning 2nd and then 1st place in two Comedies Contests.

-The rise of the hilarious spammers. Even though spam is frowned upon and I personally hate it, these guys were just too fun to laugh at. Particularly K.A.T.S.F.

And finally, my best memory of BZPower was March 2008, during the member hackings that I fell victim to. After my account got banned as a result of the hackings, so many of my BZP friends rallied around and did their absolute best to get me reinstated as a member, which was such a huge gesture of friendship that meant the world to me. That period of time will always be my fondest memory of BZP and proof that BZPower is full of amazing people and friends.

:mirunu: Lewa0111 Nuva :mirunu:

My Script Comedies: | The Nuva Inn Remake | Ask Matau! Remake (ACCEPTING QUESTIONS!) |

My Prose Comedies: | The BZ-Nui Hack Wars | Mata Nova |

ANNOUNCEMENT: The Nuva Inn is BACK IN BUSINESS!! (See my blog for more info on my writing projects)

ANNOUNCEMENT 2: Looking for voice actors and artists/animators for an upcoming video project! PM me if interested!

Ohh the comics! Does anyone remember the brown guy with the Kakama Nuva that loved chocolate milk? Also Dark709 of course, and especially the movies ^^. I also made my own, but I'd rather forget about that now.

Oh oh Binky's blog, how could I forget about that.

banner1.png

Not gonna lie, the days when the Rayg kit ruled the comics forum were good times. :P

Okay, I actually forgot one of my favorite memories: the Rayg Sprite Maker. Dude, back when I was actually active in the comics forum I would use that thing sooooo often.

I tried to find that again.  The domain is now inactive.  Sad times, these are.

Pretty much all of my time as a member in '03-'04.  That was when I was most into Bionicle, and when I was actually keeping up on getting sets, so I'd always do my best to recreate MOCs in the BBC forum.  Now I only have a tiny, TINY handful of sets past 2004.

The comics forum back in those days was actually ruled by the Razor kit thanks to Tales of the Chibi Toa, and everyone was stealing that one joke from it where Tahu yell "BURN STUFF!"

Also, "Cuppa Joe.  AAAAAAHHHH!!!!"

Sometimes I wish I was nine again...