Bzprpg - Ko-Wahi

Friar Tuck

IC: LekuaFirst the sweltering heat, now the bitter cold - what was it with this quest and extreme temperatures? He took the heatstone out of his pack, and the group huddled around it as the cable car ascended and the temperature did the opposite. He pulled out the Daily, which he had taken with him in hopes of learning more about Kapura's death.Lekua's face darkened suddenly. "Guys, listen to this: blah blah blah...Kapura's body was discovered in a clearing in Le-Wahi at the during the aftermath of what eyewitnesses describe as a battle against six Rahkshi. Kapura is reported to have not participated in this fight; the cause of his death is still unknown." Lekua looked up, wondering how the others would respond to this news.

Q2TtLEz.png

IC-Naria:"Well, I was just walking around out here," Naria replied back to Ace. "What about you?" Then, after walking for a while longer, she noticed something."Aha! I told you," she said, "That the Koro was over there, not where you pointed!" She smiled, and began heading off to the Koro.OOC: Naria. Always. Wins.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: I'm bringing in another character. Too many that aren't doing anything.IC: Ace"Well, I had some time off from work up in Po-Koro, and I haven't been here in so long. I just wanted to come and see what's been going on. But I guess I got a bit lost and...hey, who's that over there?" he asked, pointing to someone heading towards the Koro as well. Whoever it was, they were tall, with dark armor.IC: CyberCyber stepped carefully through the snow. Because of her cybernetic legs, she often found herself sinking into the snow at unwanted times. She was nearing Ko-Koro, and the cold was starting to affect her mechanical parts. Looking around, she spotted a group in the distance heading towards the Koro as well, and activated her mechanical eye to get a better look."Well, I'll be. Is that who I think it is?" she said.OOC: Cyber is a Vortixx with all mechanical parts from the waist down. She's also got a mechanical right arm with a plasma cannon and a mechanical right eye with various functions one would expect from a mechanical eye.

IC: Cikren (Ko-Wahi drifts, nearing Ko-Koro)The Toa of Ice stopped, and turned towards the being. She seemed to be a Vortixx, although she looked slightly different...Cikren activated her Kanohi, allowing her to run over to the being without much effort. Even through the ice and snow."Who?" she asked the Vortixx.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Weta): Weta was pleased when the koro came into sight. A Le-koronan at heart, he hated the cold, the snow and the silence of the mountains. At least in the koro there would be a little less of those. He soon spotted another being up ahead, and this one, he could tell, was unusual to say the least. Whereas most beings were built from fused mechanical and organic parts, this one was almost completely metal. The the frozen wastes for Ko-wahi, her magnetic signature stood out to him like a Ko-matoran in the mangai volcano.

ppg2.png

Ic: "That doesn't mean the Rahkshi didn't play a part in his death," Stannis concluded. "I still think the Makuta is hunting the members down, methodically. This only makes it more dire to find Taipu, assuming he hasn't been claimed yet."The car finally reached the Ko-Wahi side of the North March, and another matoran guard stood there, this time from the Sanctum Guard. There were no difficulties there, and the guard didn't even move a muscle but merely stood there, watching, as the team filed by. Soon, they were following the trench to Ko-Koro.

IC, Aurax: Aurax walked with the group on the way to Ko-Koro. "Hmm... I haven't been here in a while, but I remember the way," he said. He led the group to a fork in the trench. He looked, and headed left. The others did the same. They soon came to the bridge that marked the entrace to the village. The band of travelers walked to the gates. There were two guards standing there. However, they said nothing. Just looked at them, as Ko-Matoran usually do. "Ah, yes, I remember them being so friendly," Aurax muttered to himself. They walked into the snow-covered village. "Alright, guys, here we are. Is there anything else we need to talk about before we see the Turaga?" he asked.

IC: Cyber and AceCyber greeted the group with a wave."Hello. My name is Cyber. And you," she said, pointing to Ace, "are that charming Toa who works for Marda, am I right?" she asked. Ace nodded. He had no idea who she was."I'm sorry, you probably don't recognize me. We only met for a moment, and I was wearing a very concealing cloak at the time. Your boss helped me a few months back. How's she doing?" she asked. Ace shrugged."Yeah, I think I remember you. Needed a Nui Rama hive cleared out in Le-Wahi. Marda's still terrified of those things, thanks to you." he accused. Cyber shrugged."Sorry. She did help me out a lot though." she said. "And who are these others you're with?" she asked.

IC (Weta): "Toa Weta" he replied, extending his hand to the strangly mechenical Vortixx. "Excuse me for not knowing you, but I've been stuck in a hermitage for the last few decades, so I'm a bit behind on current events. We were just heading back to Ko-koro."

ppg2.png

IC: Cikren (Nearing Ko-Koro)The Toa of Ice stayed back from the rest of the group, not one for introductions, or talking. "Come," she said, "We cannot stay."At that, she began walking in the direction of Ko-Koro. They had made good progress to the village so far, probably because Cikren had been compacting the snow beneath their feet.

Edited by Acrophobia

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: Not sure where to go with this sparring session....fast forwarding....XDIC: Wraith - Mind Trap -They'd sparred for quite a while, Vernadon's father had yet to show up. Wraith and Vernadon were both still at it, both panting and very sweaty. "So....where's your...father? He seems to be late..." Wraith said between breaths.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Ic: "I'm going to venture and say no," Stannis said, referring to the silence that fell upon the group. The eagerness and earnestness of the group's wish to know more about Taipu was becoming palpable. "Let's go. When we get there, I'll talk with Nuju, though I think it's only fair if the rest of you were there with me. No splitting up, no disunity. Let's do this."The little band walked through the gates and immediately could see the towering steeple of the Sanctum. They promptly marched to it, not bothering to nod to the guards at its gate, and entered the inner chambers. The walls on both sides glistened in the light, their little carvings lighting up like little stars reflected on a still lake. Sages and ice carvers walked about in snow shuffles, silently mediating on what was written. Ahead was Nuju and his right hand, Matoro, in what seemed to be a paradox within paradoxes. Nuju, of the village filled with antisocials, was the most open to visitors, not even having his own hut to hide in like the other turaga, and yet despite his ease of reach, receiving his true attention was something insanely difficult."Turaga Nuju," Stannis said as he came near, "My name is Stannis, leader of this band of companions. I would like to speak with you concerning something of paramount urgency."

IC: Cikren (Nearing Ko-Koro)The Toa of Ice stayed back from the rest of the group, not one for introductions, or talking. "Come," she said, "We cannot stay."At that, she began walking in the direction of Ko-Koro. They had made good progress to the village so far, probably because Cikren had been compacting the snow beneath their feet.

IC (Weta): "Sure, we can talk on the way" Weta replied, and set of through the snow. He wasn't in any great hurry, but if this other being was , he was happy to move quickly. Not as quickly as he could, perhaps, but enough to keep his companions happy."I don't think I caught your name" he added. "Care to introduce yourself?"

ppg2.png

IC (Weta): Cirken: the name was not familiar to Weta, so he guessed she had not been famous on Mata Nui 25 years ago. She seemed a bit tense to him. Her phrases were short and direct, as if she disliked speaking. She needs to lighten up a bit. he thought. And this is why Ko-koronans and Le-koronans don't get along. He kept his thoughts secret however, and replied "Thankyou, Toa Cirken. May the Great Spirit protect you". He walked on through the snow, trying to think of what else to say.

ppg2.png

IC (Weta): Hardly a minute later, they arrived in Ko-koro. The village of ice was shielded from the harsh alpine winds, but Weta was still chilled to the bone. He would have used his mask to shapeshift into some rahi with a bit more protection, but he didn't want to be attacked for entering the village as a small muaka."So, here we are" he commented. "What will everyone be doing now?"

ppg2.png

IC: Lepidran continued to dwell on the Rahkshi and the death of yet another of the former Chronicler's Company. Siz Rahkshi was...well, whatever the step above suspicious was. They rarely appeared at all, let alone in numbers large enough to rival a Toa team. But for the Makuta to be making such an obvious move was unusual. Could someone else be controlling the Rahkshi, or was something pushing Makuta into desperation?He would have asked these questions out loud but he doubted any of his companions would have known the answers either, anf the austere silence of the Ko-Koro Sanctum had hushed him into quiet

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I.C. Zenex MagnaThe hut of Zenex Magna held an erie silence. All that could be heard was the sound of Zenex breathing. Zenex was a Vortixx, and a scholar at a laboratory in Ko-Koro. He was aware that Onu-Koro miners had discovered a large crystal. A crystal that emitted some kind of energy. It was being sent to the lab in Ko-Koro for he and several others to study and run tests on it. The leader of the laboratory, Chantis, was a toa. And he had overheard him talking to one of his assistants. He had said that he wanted the crystal being kept in a iron vault to which Chantis was the only one with the entry combination.To Zenex, this meant one thing. He must steal the crystal.

elementalussal.png

IC: Cikren (Ko-Koro)"That depends," she replied.The Toa of Ice wasn't quite ready to leave the group just yet...

IC (Weta): "On what?" Weta replied, asking the obvious question. The people on the group seemed friendly enough, so he was willing to stick around if there was some good reason. Edited by The Lorax

ppg2.png

IC (Weta): Weta took a moment to consider his own priorities. "Well, first of all, I'm going to find somewhere warm" he stated. "I know you ice toa don't have that problem, but I am shivering. More importantly though, I had been travelling the island with another toa, trying to put an end to an evil madman's schemes. We were only half done, however, when the two of us were separated. I know not whether the danger was real, but I intend to finish the job anyway."

ppg2.png

IC: Cikren (Ko-Koro)The Toa of Ice closed her eyes, and began to focus. The area around the group was begining to get warmer: Cikren was absorbing the cold in the area. Although, she had to focus in order to do it, as this was harder for her then it would be for a normal Toa of Ice. She stopped once she managed to get the temperature to around 30* C. Some of the snow an the ground started to melt from the raised temperature."There," she said finally, opening her eyes."Now, whats this about an evil madman?"OOC: For those of you who need it, 30* C is around.... *Uses thing in head called a brain* ..... 86* F. :D

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

OOC: But you can't absorb cold-you can only take away heat. You can also put in the heat, but you'd have to be a fire Toa to do that...Fire Toa can absorb the heat(a.k.a. energy) and they can put it back in, but all an Ice toa can do is take away the energy. They can't even absorb it.IC-Naria:"Yes, I'd like to know as well," Naria said, having listened to the conversation.OOC: Yes, I did just jump in here to use physics on you. Sue me.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

OOC: Bionicle physics are weird. It turns out that toa of ice can absorb coldness, thereby raising the temperature. Nobody really gets how that could work, but that's the way it is. :shrugs: So sue LEGO.IC: "Ah, that's much better. Thankyou, Cikren" he nodded to the toa of ice. "The maniac and his accomplice had some crazy scheme to kill everyone on the island. It was connected to six artifacts scattered across the island. I'm not exactly sure on all the details, but another toa and I have already disabled three. I intend to go looking for the rest. The two of them were clearly insane, so there might not be any great danger, but everything was in place just as they said. In my mind, that makes it worth the effort to get to the rest."

ppg2.png

OOC: I recently re-read all my Naara posts and have realized something: In the past 24 hours, she's been strenously exercising (both mentally and more tangibly) on ONE hour of sleep. This is the product of that realization.IC: Naara yawned. Her eyes gazed coldly upon the sparring match as she made mental notes on the combat and its participants.The I'Rohu then turned to Bruntoa with her trademark languid smirk."Do me a favor. If Vernadon asks where I am, ask him in response if he'd rather have me falling asleep in the meeting or getting some more mahi-counting in now."The Ga-Toa turned and strode off. A trail of water followed Naara as it slipped off armor and takea-hide, making her casual movement yet more slug-like.

Edited by Armadijo

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

IC: CikrenThe Toa of Ice wanted to help, it almost sounded... fun. She could barely remember the last time she had fun. But I can't just leave Ko-Koro, she though, I have a life here...OOC: Someone persuade her to go, please. I don't want her stuck in Ko-Wahi for too long. :P

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

IC (Weta): "So, what do you say?" he asked. "I'll be making trips to Po, Onu and Ga-wahis, and it would be great to have some of you along. With a bit of teamwork, we should be able to get it done quite quickly, and it will be a nice chance to take a tour of the island."

ppg2.png

IC:There was a series of impatient-sounding clicks from Nuju, and his interpreter Matoro shrugged apologetically. "The Turaga says that he is busy, and to please leave him alone," he said. Nuju clicked and whistled more in an irate sort of way. Matoro grimanced, for Nuju had reprimanded him for not translating directly. "Sorry, of course," he said to the Turaga before addressing Stannis again. "He wants you to go away and to take your urgency with you; whatever you have cannot be of any consequence, that's what he said."

test2.png

Ic: Stannis stood unwaveringly, looking first into Matoro's eyes and then into Nuju's. He expected that this would not be simple. Nuju always had a knack at seemingly shrugging off people who came to him for things, but the trait was a well-intentioned one, Stannis surmised. Nuju stood on the drown of the island, an abode of wisdom and knowledge his abode; people naturally came to him seeking counsel like mountain climbers conquered peaks to find a fabled mountain hermit. To Nuju, Stannis was just one more troublemaker, one more of a throng of seekers who entered his temple and wanted a glimmer of his mind. Like he had done to Whenua, he had to prove himself worthy first.And so he stood, like the guards at the gate of the village, for several moments. Finally, he reached behind him and pulled out one of his spears. The wooden shaft made an earthy sound as it grated on the scabbard and hummed dully as it flexed, quickly snuffed by Stannis' other hand. Those around him in the sanctum, scholar, sage, seer, Companion all turned to him and his weapon, both fascinated and frightened at its unveiling in their haven, curious and aghast that its wielder's eyes were directed right at their leader. To the onlooker's mind, it appeared as is the Pa-Matoran was the enemy, in stark contrast to Nuju. Where Nuju was cold and retreating, Stannis was hot and determined. Even the home they were in felt warmer as Stannis' warm body began to slowly turn the ice he was standing on to little pools of water.Finally, Stannis aimed the tip of the weapon to the ground and struck it, little crystals of ice fragmenting at the sudden agitation. And then Stannis began to draw on the floor of the sanctum, eyes finally withdrawn from Turaga Nuju's face as he made a careful circle. As he drew, he recited the clues. "Hafu: Only the most Creative can unlock it. Macku: Only those pure in spirit can enter here." The circle was now finished, and Stannis now started drawing random scratches inside the circle; he knew they were not accurate, but it was the effect that mattered. "Tamaru: Only those truly faithful can find it. Kopeke: Only those at peace can enter here." Ceasing his gibberish art, he looked up at Nuju once more, stared into the turaga's azure eyes, and punctuated emphatically: "Taipu?"He put the weapon away, and the scholars in the sanctum breathed a sigh of relief as they resumed their duties, content that the Pa-Matoran was doing the same cryptic things they were all used to, though none comprehended it; the true meaning of it all was safe. Even the Companions behind Stannis could not decipher what their leader was doing, this side of him alien to them."My mission has caused deaths, and I am sure more will follow," Stannis stated. There was no impatience or irritation in his tone, only steadfastness and calm assertiveness. "My mission is one condoned and assisted by Turaga Whenua and Onewa and shared with these men behind me, and one I hope receives your blessing as well. My mission may well hold this civilization in its grasp as I unravel the truths of this island and our enemy. Until you know this, not even you can judge my presence as of no consequence, Turaga."His finger slowly drifted to the drawing he made on the ground and he asked, in the same tone as before: "What is the true meaning of this?"

IC:Nuju's face was impassive and neutral, but his lack of clicking clearly signaled an interest in Stannis. The elderly Turaga silently paced around Stannis' circle in the ice and appraising its carver. His attitude encouraged Stannis into stillness; only the slight, little movements of Nuju were to be seen and heard by Stannis and his companions in this moment. Nuju held out his hand. Stannis did not understand. Nuju's eyes narrowed, and he continued to hold his arm up, palm up. His fingertips twitched inwards. Stannis understood, and handed over his spear to Nuju. With quickness that surprised the Matoran of Plasma, Nuju turned and stabbed the spear into the icy ground. The ice cracked a little; a small fracture spread a few inches along the ice. Nuju, as though satisfied with this result, drew the spear out and handed it to Matoro, who accepted it without question. Nuju pointed at the crack in the ground and began to click and hoot in his distinctive and incomprehensible way. Matoro translated."The clues you have received and now repeat are but a crack in a larger sheet of ice," Matoro said. "They are meaningless unless seen as such, for they are fractures that reveal a grander scheme. The ice you drive your spear so adamantly into will break if you continue to stab at it so fiercely, and unless the sheet is whole, its greater purpose will never be revealed. Delicacy is required; shouting the name of the last clue-bearer for all to hear, discussing such things at Makuta's own ear, is folly that will shatter your objective before you even see it."Nuju went on, shuffling towards the nearest wall, inscribed with characters. His hand traced the etched letters lovingly as he continued to speak. "There is such a thing as prophecy, visitor," Matoro relayed. "Prophecy large, prophecy small, all the fates which we have ascertained are carved here, into the walls of this sacred place. Whether or not these prophecies shall come to fruition within any foreseeable future is beyond our control. Great words are inscribed here, great articulations of the tidings of the Great Spirit. We have captured all but one onto these sheets of immortal ice.""That which you seek is the missing sheet of ice, Stannis Wanderer," Matoro said as Nuju approached Stannis again - Stannis wondered how Nuju knew his name - and stared him in the eyes. "And unless you treat it with caution, it shall break to never be read. The Chronicler's companions somehow have discovered this message, and the clues they have given before disappearance or death must not be thrown about with carelessness!"A pregnant silence ensued. Nuju grimaced. "Kapura was killed for such carelessness. He was too hot of head; his clue will never be known, for now Makuta alone guards it. It is only recorded one other place, as is Taipu's. I know what you carry, Stannis," Matoro said, looking as shocked as Stannis that Nuju had such apparent premonition, "And that which it bears can never be repeated or translated, lest Makuta in his infinite power discover the message in the ice before we do."

test2.png

IC, Aurax: Aurax stood there silently, listening to Matoro's translation of Nuju's indecipherable language. He said nothing. But we will lose the battle if we don't translate this, he thought to himself. With a determined air, he walked up and stood alongside Stannis. "Turaga..." he began, "... before he was taken, my friend Hafu told us that the clues are worthless on their own. But united, they are the key to defeating Makuta. If you do not translate this, we will never learn how to defeat Makuta and his shadows once and for all. If you do not, the island is doomed." Aurax sighed. "If it is your will to not translate the bird language, then by all means, don't. I will not be the judge of your decisions." Aurax took a deep breath. He wouldn't normally talk to a Turaga this way, but Nuju had the reputation of being stubborn. "But I will say this- would you be happy with giving the island a death sentence?" Aurax stood next to Stannis adamantly, hoping the Turaga wouldn't scold him harshly.

IC:"A death sentence will be dealt to this island if Makuta discovers the secret, not if I fail to tell it," Nuju said bluntly through Matoro. "You are rash. What makes you believe that you are deserving of such ancient secrets? Indeed, what makes you fit to scorn the wisdom of your elders?" Aurax couldn't help but shy away in guilt of his presumption. Nuju nodded sharply, signaling Aurax's fallacy, before going on."It is true that, united, the clues of the Chronicler bear the key to a path that could lead to the defeat of Makuta. This is a path of great power. And, like most power, it would be as dire for all that is good in the hands of the enemy as it could, in our grip, be their undoing. Such important knowledge is not revealed lightly, not to the first who ask for it simply by virtue of their discovery!" Nuju snorted, the first noise he'd made that Stannis and his company could decipher without translation."I can translate the language of the birds, and I will translate it when I believe the time to be right and the hero to be present," Matoro sighed as Nuju kept clicking. But he paused as the Turaga paused, and his manner changed from outrage and superiority to one of reason."Your tablet, Stannis, that which was hewn by Hafu and carried by Taipu, bears on it a wealth of invaluable knowledge. It is in our favor that Makuta has never cared to learn the languages of nature, or else he would have stolen this tablet and acted upon its messages long ago. No, he is waiting, biding his limitless time. Makuta knows that he can wait, for eventually, the secrets will be revealed and, once he discovers them, he will gain an unbeatable upper hand. In translating the tablet, I would throw into motion a series of events beyond my control, for which none of us are prepared."

test2.png

OOC: Kohra from Onu-Wahi.IC:The wind was howling in the drifts, a concerto, to accompany the dance of minuscule icicles and snowflakes in its wake. Not many a wanderer dared to tread the perilous path through the mountains. Some tried, out of desperation, or a false sense of security, or simply out of lust for adventurous endeavors, but for many, the fate awaiting them was the same, for they got lost in the drifts of Ihu, never to return again.To cross them without navigation, determination or skill was simply folly. It had been known that beasts thrived in this remote area, always looking for a meal, besetting the careless travelers, to drag them back to their lair. Other times, a simple miscalculation, a wrong choice in which way to round a snowy hill was enough for the unwary to become truly lost, left to freeze to their death and to be covered up in snow within short time, to become one with the surrounding.Kohra feared none of those things. Not because of misjudgment of her own abilities or blind optimism, no. She was simply aware of the fact that the ruling power on this Island was looking out for her. A tiny fraction of the darkness touched her mind and guided her unerringly toward her destination. Wrapped in her dark, woven cloak, she continued to follow these subconscious nudges that led her across this plateau.The chill of the wind almost rivaled the coldness of her heart and gusted so strongly, that her footfalls went unheard and the tracks she left in the soft snow were almost immediately covered up again. For her, that was another lucky serendipity.A mischievous little grin tugged at the corners of her mouth as she remembered her actions in Onu-Koro with fondness. How many had lost their live to her manipulation? A dozen, maybe even two?She entertained the thought for a bit, despite its lack of importance. What mattered was the outcome. A tragedy in the great mine, a plague in Po-Koro, a message written in blood and clues left, pointing toward a Matoran. And any trace she left on her was up here was cold now. Literally.It was a direct attack on the Unity of the Matoran and a small distraction for her master on top of that. During her climb up the wound path from the Le-Wahi jungle, he had updated her on the state of things. All in all, they were doing well.As she ascended the crest of another snowdrift, she finally managed to make out the outlines of the glacier that housed Ko-Koro. Squinting through the falling snow, Kohra looked toward the village of ice, or that which she could see from here. Content, she began to walk down the side of drift and toward the village, to retreat for a short while, to meditate...and to plan her next move. Unity was starting to crack, but it had not been shattered. Duty was intact for the most part, but she would address it soon enough. And Destiny was beyond her influence...for now.

Edited by Vezok's Friend

Lillith.thumb.png.4ea877d95fad8df467748273ab43bc36.png

OOC: I changed my character's name from Pohanka to Torahan-kun. So....IC: He wakes up, looks around, and sees nothing but a grey sky and a blizzard.He walks around for a while then sees a red flag fluttering in the wind."What happened to me?" He mutters.

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

IC, Aurax: I still think Makuta can destroy us all even if Nuju doesn't translate the tablet, Aurax thought to himself. I mean, if he had his servants kill Tamaru, Kapura, and maybe even Hafu, who's to say that he'll send Rahkshi and other minions to destroy us? "Then teach us how to be prepared, Turaga," Aurax said in response to the Nuju's words. "We're here to do our part to stop Makuta, so please- tell us how to help!" Aurax wasn't sure what the Turaga would say- though he had a feeling that Nuju would probably say nothing more.