Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

You don't seem to get what I said, we don't know what this Rahkshi may be like, they might not even have a level system.As for fear factor, people tend to fear the unknown more than what's in plainsight. Rahkshi patrolling and killing=scary, Rahkshi ravaging and then shortly returning back to wherever they came from=utter terror. For now the villagers are terrified at what may come next, as opposed to ending up in a daily pattern.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

That IS the fear factor. The Rahkshi themselves are so dangerous it makes people scared of what other nastier surprises he has in store.Level 5-6's ARE as smart as Toa and are capable of reasoning on their own not requiring Makuta to direct them. He gives them an objective and they will fulfill it on their own. Level 6's are the apex of Kraata maturity and power and Rahkshi with them should not be taken lightly.Level 7's are dangerous however. GaliGee if anyone remembers, explored the Rahkshi in her epic MAKUTA ISLAND. Level 7's can talk in that story. I don't see why they can't here as they probably ARE smarter than Toa.This is where I'm basing a lot of my own assumptions from. The epic did survive and it's where I'm getting the Rahkshi names from.

It's not just in that story they can talk: it's in the canon that they can talk as well. See BS01's page on Kraata.

Huh... I did not know talking was canon.That's short term and long term terror Onarax.Sure them appearing and vanishing might cause more terror then an extended stay but eventually that particular fear is going to die down, especially after 100 years of not being around. In fact it might cause their next appearance to cause nothing to happen. As one gets used to fear like that, nothing scares you anymore.If they stick around longer to continually cause terror, THAT would actually add up in the longer run.Think about it. Short term you'll cause a "what was THAT?" response but utterly achieve nothing.Long term you'll wear down the military's moral turning them into tired, beaten, useless soldiers. Without an effective defense, the villagers may as well surrender. Bloodless victory.Comparing to the RL war on terror, notice how effective Osama bin Laden was in the early stages making appearances every so often to put pressure on the civilian populace. However as he went longer and longer without an appearance, he made the public skeptical if he was even alive. Same thing applies here. If Makuta doesn't make regular appearances it will embolden the Matoran to keep fighting. Regular displays of power but not so regular you can tell the time of day by what happens is how you would keep the fear in the Matoran's lives.

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

There are more ways to beat someone that merely crushing them under your heel, Kalama. Makuta doesn't just reach out and crush the Koro because he doesn't need to. Look at all the players running round doing evil deeds or claiming to be doing Makuta's bidding even though he's never actually contacted them. Or, worse, the ones claiming to be doing his bidding who he has contacted because they're the effective ones. All he has to do is exist and he creates a state of paranoia and mistrust that will result in the populace tearing itself apart.Case in point: you. Look at how you're obsessing over him. You're trying to predict his moves, trying to get into his head. That way madness lies. You've taken that squad of yours, supposedly one of the best teams protecting Ga-Koro, out of Ga-Koro. You're weakening your own defences to pursue a wild goose chase, exactly what Makuta would want you to do no matter what personality you give him. By allowing him to dictate your movements and thoughts you've shown that he's essentially beaten you already

Edited by The Dreadful Flying Glove

7AOYGDJ.jpg

The Ghekula Raiders are a purely offensive arm of the Marine Corps and the Ghekula branch as a whole. They are meant to go out and gather intelligence that allows Marine High Command to figure out the plans of Makuta so that they can organize the troops to defend and counter attack. The more balanced Ghekula are just simply known as "Ghekula" and not "Ghekula Raiders".On top of that, defensive operations are left more to the infantry style "Seaborne Raiders", "Coastal Patrol", "Heavy Support" branches of the Marines. The more massive visual assaults are also done by the Seaborne Raiders and Heavy Support groups. Very rarely will Ghekula take the field openly. They mix themselves in with the Seaborne Raiders so that you can't tell them apart. Some Ghekula actually pose as Seaborne. Obviously my Raider's don't.That's very true that without my Raiders, Ga-Koro is a little more defenseless but by being out away from Ga-Koro they're taking the fight to the enemy's origins. It's difficult to assault someone's base if yours is getting gutted. Kotu always has the option of recalling the Marines home if necessary. Should a wandering Marine unit find intelligence of a plot to attack Ga-Koro, Kotu can recall the necessary forces to prepare. But they can't find this intel if they're stuck at home just waiting for an attack.

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Fact remains that Makuta has you running around wasting your energy (because, lets face it, what effect have the raiders had, exactly?) and he hasn't even had to lift a finger to do it. You're just as much his puppet as the people he's giving instructions to. You're the soldier, you should know that you cannot allow your enemy to dictate your strategy. If we're sticking with Sherlock Holmes analogies, thats the mistake Moriarty makes in The Final Problem. Holmes is escaping by train, so he commandeers a faster train to catch up...exactly what Holmes had expected. As a result he got off a few stations early. He and Watson actually watch as Moriarty's train foes right by them. Moriaty's forced to play catch up for the rest of the book. Any minute now you could be led right into a trap.Also, slight flaw in your logic. You claim the Makuta is being foolish because he has the power to wipe out villages but is keeping it within his base. This being in mind, how exactly do you intend to hurt his base with just twelve Matoran? Surely by keeping the majority of his forces at home he's stopping a small force infiltrating the Mangaia and doing damage. To take the Managai you'd have to come in a large force, which is not only impractical for now, but would leave no room for ambush and probably walk right into any number of traps and be cut to pieces.See, he's a lot more dangerous than you think. You just have to look at the bigger picture

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Ah, good, you're thinking now.So far we've been keeping Ga-Koro alive thanks to gathered intelligence for a forewarning. Grouping of enemies, locations, actives, etc. As for the current situation we've been instrumental in keeping Chronicler's Company members alive for further questioning. Granted I'm holding off on doing that for now until Tuck gets back as they won't have any useful information until then....perhaps that's why Emzee hasn't targeted me yet...Some traps you can't always foresee. That's why they're traps. Those you can you have to decide, can it be avoided, disarmed, or is the gain of activating it worth more than the risk? Sometimes setting a trap off on purpose can play to your advantage. Being taken captive and then escaping can allow you to gain more intelligence then if you stormed the castle so to speak.As for the Mangaia problem, easily dealt with in the same fashion as seen in Return of the King in LotR. Bait the enemy out with a show of force and then hope your small Commando infiltrator team deals the blow to necessary leadership to break command. Why go into their territory and fight the masses there when you can lure them out and fight on your terms? While that's happening the small easily missed elite strike unit slips in to assassinate everybody behind their own front?

Yeah, about the Chronicler's Company...Makuta targeted them because they were going to release information of some variety which would have led, directly or indirectly, to a disruption of his plans. You then came in and whisked a few of them away to a secret location so people couldn't get to them and they couldn't divulge the information. Which was exactly what Makuta wanted in the first place. You've done his dirty work for him, and perhaps more effectively because now any hero looking for the Company is going to look suspicious. Beginning to see what I mean about you being his puppet? The better thing to do would have been get the information and spread it around as much as possible. With their info already out there there would be no need to eliminate the Chroniclers Company, and killing everyone who knew would be impractical and contrary to his goals (if he wanted everyone dead he would have done it already).Luring Sauron out from behind the Black Gate worked because they had something to lure him out with (or at least pretended they did). What are you going to bait the Makuta with? Because if you just mass a big army at Kini Nui odds are he's just going to swat you away with some natural disaster. Not to mention it leaves you open for those same tactics your proposing. Gather an army out of Ta-Koro and Makuta might just set off the Mangai to spite you. He's done it before.And, frankly, if your Matoran raiders are caught by Makuta, its game over. I seriously doubt they could think or fight their way out of anything he devises. All he has to do is stick them in a cage with no locks to unpick :P One of the hazards of being powerless in a world full of 'magic'

7AOYGDJ.jpg

Thank Mata-Nui for ShadowWalkers. XDThat's always the risk with any military operation. The same tactics can be used against you so you learn how to beat them.Or, as Captain Arkwright in Fable III has said:

When you find yourself in a sword fight, just make sure you gut the other fellow first. Easy, what?

So THAT'S why I don't feel challenged! :lol:Alright, depending on how the Raid goes, I'm probably going end up gutting Makuta due to his slothful behavior afterwards simply because I'M bored.

Greetings my fellow RP'ers

Particularly those of you involved in the Staff Plot

Although all are welcome

Is your character stuck in a state of inactivity?

Do you wish to be able to have a valid IC reason as to why your character decides to deviate from his current mission?

Then again perhaps you merely wish to have the character taken off your hands for the time being, but you do not wish him to be killed.

If these ring true for you, I suggest you PM me, for I have a plot which may wrap all these loose ends together.

But I need your help, your characters.

So once more I urge you to PM if you are plagued by these problems.

It is only when I have enough PM's that the fun can truly begin.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

@Onarax: I bet you'll get about two/three different people to PM you. :PIf people didn't want their character dead, they would probably keep them. Also, anyone in the staff plot would probably remain hopeful about Tuck's return.

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

@Pirok You seem to miss my point, these characters will not be leaving the Staff Plot, rather they will have a sidequest of sorts that has a direct connection to the Staff Plot, atleast it will have one. Plus players who wish to have a character taken off their hands temporarily can immediately jump back in as the char as well.Plus it's not just Staff Plot chars I'm looking for, it's any char.

Edited by Toa Onarax

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Nope rather is shall be a mystery in which many characters are kidnapped. This leads to allies of the char, for example Stannis is kidnapped(hypothetically speaking) his company would come, to search for them, in the meanwhile the kidnappees(is that a word?) will try and A)escape or B)figure out the agenda of their kidnappers.Also this should be helpful for people who wish to take a short break from the BZPRPG.

ryuki-kr-miho.jpg

Any word on who Gluttony will be?

No; we're still discussing the submissions. Cool-Aid will announce the final choice whenever it's made; until then I would just leave the subject to itself. :3 Edited by Parugi of Congratulations

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

To all those interacting with my characters:I'll be leaving Internet-land for a couple of days to go camping in the Tararua ranges. Since I won't be able to post, feel free to bunny my characters along with whatever happens, and try not to use them as cannon-fodder.Thankyou.

ppg2.png

Calling All MercsMy character, Haitol Kytorikk, is hiring mercenaries for a special mission. Haitol is in The Kofo-Jaga Tavern, Po-Koro. Edited by Zombified Vampire Werewolf
I occasionally return to BZP for a nostalgic trip back. Hit me up on discord if you need anything. 

BZPRPG Characters that I will possibly revive, Mons-Shajs-Tarotrix-Aryll Vudigg-Jorruk Yokin-Senavysh Angavur

No; we're still discussing the submissions. Cool-Aid will announce the final choice whenever it's made; until then I would just leave the subject to itself. :3
Ah, yes. The role of Gluttony will go out too, Toa Balta 3 who won the voting. Please post your profile shortly and I'll get the Daedra truly started.

character_37075_f.jpg

No; we're still discussing the submissions. Cool-Aid will announce the final choice whenever it's made; until then I would just leave the subject to itself. :3
Ah, yes. The role of Gluttony will go out too, Toa Balta 3 who won the voting. Please post your profile shortly and I'll get the Daedra truly started.
And a list of the final Daedra line-up for convenience's sake:Pride - Cool-AidEnvy - Cool-AidLust - EmperorWhenuaGreed - EyruWrath - Mef ManSloth - ParugiGluttony - Toa Balta 3Wooo we have a full team again! 8D

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

For no reason what so ever, I decided to list all of my characters here:Onuzek -being buff in Ta-Koro.Velan -inside a Nui Jaga neast with Barricade in Po-Wahi.Ah'ackune'mthrun -reaching out to shake someone's hand in Le-Koro.Mixmaster -doing nothing in Ta-Koro.Hakilve -talking with Pyras in Po-Koro.Mahlnai -being shy in Le-Koro.Zauk -Having an uncomfortable conversation in Ko-Koro.Deyr/Ryed -waiting for interaction in Ga-Koro.Done.

mnogsignature.png

BZPRPG -

Wow, I won? Thanks for choosing my submission, guys! Gluttony's profile is now up, I just need to think of a real name to use for the "false hero" aspect of the character.Gravity: If you need something for Mixmaster to do, I have a Skakdi who needs some interaction. He's headed towards Ta-Koro from the beach.Jotham also needs some interaction in Ko-Koro.:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png