Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I have a question. I am all for making the universe more organic, but was any thought given to how families work? All reference I could find is for the lesterin <-> Toa couples. And since Anthyn disposed of the only other source of material on the topic in a rather spectacular fashion, I am left with not enough data. What I need is a toa mother for a matoran character and I ain't sure if there is a precedence. The way I see it there are two approaches to this:

1) rule of cool. Works every time, but doesn't make sence

2) Pseudo science. Toa are really the root of all problems. For the sake of simplicity, let's leave out vortixx and skakdi and mark them as incompatible, and let's declare turaga 'too old - do not want'.

What happens if Toa gets pregnant? Is the kid matoran or toa? Because if the latter, the whole destiny thing goes down the drain :P Against that is however the lesterin entry, that says a result of such pairing is either a lesterin or Toa. One of those needs changing for it to make sense imho.

=== COFFEE GUZZLER ===

BZPRPG profiles
-Chronicles of Tara-
Ascension

Toa (and Matoran) should -not- become pregnant. There's a very good reason I had Emotia disposed of and everyone involved with her pregnancy became convinced that it was overall a bad idea. This issue of conjecture shouldn't be an issue at all.

From the Rules topic itself:

Q: How "realistic" should I be? And should it be earth realism or BIONICLE realism?

A: In this game, we generally stick to the official canon, though there are exceptions like giving characters for "human" traits (ie. ingesting food, reproduction). That being said, both "realisms" are okay, because the whole point or realism is really to just make things fair for all players. It's also a good idea to take a look at Friar Tuck's Guide to Common Sense on subjects of earth-realism and keeping things fair for everyone.

So, in other words, EW's wrong and Toa/Matoran can, presumably, get pregnant. That's also discounting the fact Emotia was before her unfortunate and hilarious death.

Attention Civilians

Hello fellow villains! Are the forces of good getting you down? Do Toa keep on interfering with your schemes? Feeling outnumbered since there are thousands of them and only one of you? Well guess what. You are not alone! We invite you to join the Cabal of Cruelty, a place where you can be with your fellow masterminds and schemers! We do not discriminate either for we are an equal opportunity employer! Vortixx, Skakdi, and even Toa are allowed as long as they have devoted their lives to the pain and suffering of others. If you do wish to join, you’re cordially invited to Casterly Rock owned by the honorable and great Laird Destron Vanicus for a feast! For those of you with more cannibalistic tendencies... Matoran will be served.

Setting up one of my plots for 2013. if you are interested in joining, please send me a PM along with the character that you want to join with. :)

character_37075_f.jpg

From the Rules topic itself:

Q: How "realistic" should I be? And should it be earth realism or BIONICLE realism?

A: In this game, we generally stick to the official canon, though there are exceptions like giving characters for "human" traits (ie. ingesting food, reproduction). That being said, both "realisms" are okay, because the whole point or realism is really to just make things fair for all players. It's also a good idea to take a look at Friar Tuck's Guide to Common Sense on subjects of earth-realism and keeping things fair for everyone.

So, in other words, EW's wrong and Toa/Matoran can, presumably, get pregnant. That's also discounting the fact Emotia was before her unfortunate and hilarious death.

Key word: "presumably." Also note that I didn't say toa can't get preggers, I said they should not.

Also, just because something seems okay because it would be theoretically done does not mean it should be reality. Pregnancy in Bionicle is one of those things. It should not happen. Ever. It happened once, yes, but that doesn't mean it should again. I'm not here to argue or debate over this (that discussion shouldn't be done in this circle anyway), but people should know that while we tend to have very human characteristics in the Bionicle setting here doesn't mean a free pass for everything humans can do.

Also I will fight this matter if anyone else tries to do pregnancy. Just saying.

I don't really care about the idea one way or the other, I'm simply pointing out the actually rules on the matter. I also believe that your insistence that your opinion should be fallowed simply because it's your opinion. But then, yeah, getting into a debate's a bad idea.

So, the Wanderer's Company have reunited and seem to be preparing to transform into Toa, discuss.

Edited by Javert

I don't really care about the idea one way or the other, I'm simply pointing out the actually rules on the matter. I also believe that your insistence that your opinion should be fallowed simply because it's your opinion. But then, yeah, getting into a debate's a bad idea.

So, the Wonder's Company have reunited and seem to be preparing to transform into Toa, discuss.

*Wanderer's Company- though someone should make a Wonder's Company. XP

Anyway, I am very excited for the WC transformation- IMO, it'll be one of the coolest posts of all time. :D

Attention Civilians

Hello fellow villains! Are the forces of good getting you down? Do Toa keep on interfering with your schemes? Feeling outnumbered since there are thousands of them and only one of you? Well guess what. You are not alone! We invite you to join the Cabal of Cruelty, a place where you can be with your fellow masterminds and schemers! We do not discriminate either for we are an equal opportunity employer! Vortixx, Skakdi, and even Toa are allowed as long as they have devoted their lives to the pain and suffering of others. If you do wish to join, you’re cordially invited to Casterly Rock owned by the honorable and great Laird Destron Vanicus for a feast! For those of you with more cannibalistic tendencies... Matoran will be served.

Setting up one of my plots for 2013. if you are interested in joining, please send me a PM along with the character that you want to join with. :)

Friar's going to blow a gasket when he sees that group name, just so y'know. :P

I do hope the 2013 plot shall begin at the end of this month...

I should probably start wrapping things up.

At the rate we're going, I think we will -- we just need to make sure we don't lose anybody.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]

I do hope the 2013 plot shall begin at the end of this month... I should probably start wrapping things up.
Lucky for me, my character never really got to start anything, so for me I'm already set for a 2013 arc XD

Behind this sucky post count, a writer and hardcore RPer lies in wait of a reason to post...

For those who will likely ask when reading some of my non-RP posts: for me, "*shot*' = "I know that what I said was something stupid and I am acknowledging this before people think I'm serious."

Oh yeah, and my current BZPRPG character bio can be found here.

"Why...me? Oh yeah, that's right. I'm weak. I'm of a minority, a minority of people with a common trait: we hear too much. And what we're supposed to hear hurts to hear. When I'm alone in a silent room, I can hear a pebble dropping from a mile away. I can hear a motor boat being started up several yards off the coast. A whisper from outside, I can hear as if they were talking right at me. An explosion in another koro, I hear as if it's just outside. Sounds useful, right?"

"Wrong."

"It's a curse, if you ask me. The same pen dropping inside this aforementioned silent room would ring in my ears. If I stood by the same motor, I'd get a headache. The same whisper would ring in my ear like two metal beams being slammed together in front of my face. The same explosion would render me deaf for years...thank the Spirit I thought of getting me something to dampen the noise, or I'd end up like the rest of my kind..."

~Voutok S'Tythe; unknown date, unknown location

Attention Civilians

CABAL OF CRUELTY!?!?

Hrrrrrmmmm... grrrrrrr.... rrraaaarrrrrr....

*pop*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Emzee... help...

Living large... like clown-shoe size large. Complete with nose, rainbow-colored hair, and a bottle of seltzer water.

tumblr_lrgowllgeP1qzda76o1_500.jpg

Attention Civilians

I do hope the 2013 plot shall begin at the end of this month...

I should probably start wrapping things up.

At the rate we're going, I think we will -- we just need to make sure we don't lose anybody.

If it begins Feb 1/2....

Awesome.

I'm not here.

Sexibeasticus dorius.

I....want...one........

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Feeling outnumbered since there are thousands of them and only one of you?
---*Snicker* Good one. That actually wasn't funny at all. I wasn't really laughin. I was pretending to laugh, as a part of this battle of humor. Is that what you want? A battle of humor?Quoting Ben Stiller movies aside...*Snicker*

BZPRPG Profiles
If I go AWOL for a while, feel free to contact me via Discord

The Sexicbeasticus dorius is the last of its kind on the island of Mata Nui, yet disregards its personal safety in order to continue participating in its hunts. Many have tried to bring him into captivity in the name of conservation, but he is very capable at escaping.

/Attenborough voice.

Through the use of skill and sexiness?

(Once I got detention from a teacher by saying the word 'sexy')

Quoting Ben Stiller movies aside...

Somebody needs to go 'You went full retard' in 2013.

Edited by JL v2

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

The Sexicbeasticus dorius is the last of its kind on the island of Mata Nui, yet disregards its personal safety in order to continue participating in its hunts. Many have tried to bring him into captivity in the name of conservation, but he is very capable at escaping.

/Attenborough voice.

Through the use of skill and sexiness?

(Once I got detention from a teacher by saying the word 'sexy')

Quoting Ben Stiller movies aside...

Somebody needs to go 'You went full retard' in 2013.

I did the "you went full retard" joke already.

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Actually, in Tropic Thunder, that joke was made by Kirk Lazarus, played by Downey Jr. and not Ben Stiller.

But the point is this is off topic guys we're not talking about the dorius anymore pls stahp :c

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Actually, in Tropic Thunder, that joke was made by Kirk Lazarus, played by Downey Jr. and not Ben Stiller.

But the point is this is off topic guys we're not talking about the dorius anymore pls stahp :c

-Tyler

Stiller made the film.

And year, off topic.

:/

So.....

Who is the current manliest man on Mata Nui?

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

Well, you know.... I'd hoped not to seem like I was hopping on the bandwagon.But I suppose it was inevitable. Hopefully it is different enough for those of who seeking something fresh.

-The Contract-

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=119&p=491853

"One life. One life, in exchange for the righting of the wrongs."

Edited by Krayzikk Bieber

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Self-Help

To recap: one of the island's best and most dangerous killers is currently loose in the Ta-Koro Guard headquarters (the place he's already broken Hiemalis, of all people, out of once) and is in no mood to be held captive again.

Let's see how this goes, and be warned: I'm not holding back on any of you. Let's cause a bang.

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

To recap: one of the island's best and most dangerous killers is currently loose in the Ta-Koro Guard headquarters (the place he's already broken Hiemalis, of all people, out of once) and is in no mood to be held captive again.

if only Oreius were still in the Guard~