Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

This is the BZPRPG. All the topics call it such, and it only makes sense. Why debate over what to call something when it already has a namebadge securely fastened on it?

Because BZPRPG is generally used to refer to the original RPG. Particularly for those of us who use the wiki, we need a way to distinguish between this RPG and the old one(s).

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

For the wiki, dumbo xPReally it's just to denote the different stories of each. If we called each incarnation of the BZPRPG 'the BZPRPG' things would get confusing pretty fast when talking about the different ones. A lot of people reuse chars-why, I have no idea where I'd be if I had to refer to each of Tuck's Joske Nimils without a helpful abbreviation to denote incarnation. While the topics are named one thing, the actual incarnations should be denoted another to not confuse.Not trying to insult your intelligence, by the way. -The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

If it's for the wiki, then I wish there were more discussion about the wiki other than discussing what to call the RPG in the wiki. That seems to be the only reason and time when the wiki is even brought up at all in this topic.And I'd say it's up to the admins of the wiki to decide what to call the pages and sections. Anybody can edit the pages, but it's up to wiki staff to name stuff. Then we also don't have to deal with all the useless joke posts, like the ones immediately above this one, since discussion is null and void. Just sayin', though.

If it's for the wiki, then I wish there were more discussion about the wiki other than discussing what to call the RPG in the wiki. That seems to be the only reason and time when the wiki is even brought up at all in this topic.And I'd say it's up to the admins of the wiki to decide what to call the pages and sections. Anybody can edit the pages, but it's up to wiki staff to name stuff. Then we also don't have to deal with all the useless joke posts, like the ones immediately above this one, since discussion is null and void. Just sayin', though.

Please explain the function of comedians. They serve no practical purpose in society, do they? So should we have them all rounded up and shot?The wiki admins are notoriously inactive. Even Lazzy hasn't been on for months.But I think it's a perfectly good idea to discuss general nomenclature here and thus avoid confusion. If you'd like more wiki discussion, then start some yourself.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Yes. :)In all seriousness, though, I don't mind either way, but I don't see the need in prolonging these discussions about the wiki any more than needed. I don't start discussion of the wiki because I am neither qualified for it or have the need for it, but if others want to talk about the wiki, then more should be said than what to name a section.But I realize that this very dialogue violates the opinion I have, so with my thoughts known, I feel there is no more reason to discuss this.

Welcome back, BenLuke :). As for the recap here it is:After sleeping through the night, we packed our things and started walking torwards Lake Pala until we were ambushed by Nui-Jaga. We managed to kill all of them but they created a problem for Madrihk by blinding him with their venom. We cured his eyesight but Makuta's infection entered his blood stream and how he's trying to kill us. That about sums it up :P

hmm... things are going slow. anybody gonna recap me on the last 2 pages of po wahi? ive been away for a bit.

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

sure. Ishi picks up a pirate and takes him to a bar (later found out to be Ishi's) and attempts to make the guy so drunk as to sign a deal to be a merc. However, Agni and co. walks in an Kriox (the pirate) slams a bottle on Mef's head. A giant fight starts. Right now, it's Agni's crew vs Blade and Edge outside the bar... possibly a couple more pcs as well.Oh yeah, and Valria is going insane.

Edited by Kughii

Oh yeah, and Valria is going insane.

You seem to imply, that she wasn't insane in the first place. The Toa's been through quite a lot, anything that reminds her of going through what she did before will probably push her over the edge like it did to another character of mine.So basically, "Beware The Quiet Ones".

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

NOTICE: This applies to everyone!If you've had something approved by the BZPRPG staff for a character (i.e. foreign tech, different species, custom powers, and the like), then go to the profile topic RIGHT NOW and specify which staff member approved it. This is just to make sure that we in the staff have an easy way to check if a special power has actually been approved - it's easier to ask one host if they approved a power than to ask four. Plus, it lets other players know that you haven't just tacked on a special power without permission. This has come up with some people as an issue. Players, if you find in someone's profile that their special power or whatever isn't licensed, PM a staffer.Any abnormal powers or weapons that are reported to the BZPRPG staff which don't have a valid license will be immediately revoked, and the violating member will receive a strike. If you forgot who approved your special trait, or are unsure if your special trait was ever approved, please PM me to have it licensed. I'll be glad to do so.Guys, I don't think this will be a huge problem, but I just want to be sure that the gravity of having special traits is emphasized. We want to keep the game fair for everyone, and having custom stuff is a lot of fun as long as it's fair. Thanks for your cooperation. Edited by Nuju Metru

test2.png

hmm... not much is happeneing in stannis' group so i think i might make a new character tommorrow :shrugs:

Yeah, what happened? One moment we were all walking around and awesome, the next thing, we're not doing anything!
Mwhuwhat? Ohhhhh... *posts*

okay, question: how many romances have started in the past two or three days on this island? What happened, did the love bug plague the land all of a sudden? Or is it just a sudden influx of "OH! I need to dev. my char.. let's make them fall in love" ?

okay, question: how many romances have started in the past two or three days on this island? What happened, did the love bug plague the land all of a sudden? Or is it just a sudden influx of "OH! I need to dev. my char.. let's make them fall in love" ?

I've only noticed a couple of romances happening... I don't know why... not that I really care anyway.

Well, Mef just kind of fell in love all of a sudden with Valria because of her being so helpless (I guess) and Tairel just kind of fell for Riaril. And, in turn, my Ga-Matoran fell in love with Tairel. Another one of my characters had a wife before she died. Wow, my charries are really getting bitten by the love bug. Other than me, I haven't seen too many romances. Just a few between Takimoc and Riaril (I think). I'm not sure why I made the characters go down these "roads." Between Mef and Valria, that was just an oppurtunity that presented itself. Ga'mal's romance with Tairel just seemed like a good plot point as well as Tairel's and Kav'dens.Kugh, you say it like it's a bad thing. I think you're just jealous that you're characters don't fall in love. Or maybe you wish you were like my characters in real life. :PI'll quit now before I get the Kughii beat down. :spank:-Mef

"I use you, Kughii. Kughii, use special BEAT-DOWN attack! It's super effective..."SWEET! I have my own special attack! Jealousy? NO, but I was just thinking of making a PC named Cassanova...I've never suffered from Amnesia. At least I don't remember having amnesia...

:biggeek:but.. but... I'm the KING of auto-hits!No seriously, does anyone remember that fight I had with VF on Mef's boat? Or the one on the lily pad last year? I would not STOP autohitting.... Then again, we had agreed to autohit each other, so not such a big bad, right?I'm sorry, I'm a horrible person...Actually, I have a serious RPing question: how would YOU rp a girl who isn't arrogant, but hauty (is that how you spell it?)???? I'm totally lost.I'm such a nice person that I have no idea how to play this This isn't really my forte Edited by Kughii

I have gone through my profiles and pointed out what was approved by which staff member.

I ended up writing 'Friar Tuck' quite a few times. And no other names at all.

I need to annoy other staff members with stuff that for approval/unapproval.

On the Topic of RPG romances... I haven't really seen any.

But I really haven't been looking for them either. So I'm really no help in this matter at all.

But not one of my characters has been infected by the love bug yet. Which makes me even less helpful.

I myself do not like auto-hitting unless it is allowed, and even then I try to avoid doing it.

I also don't like trying to force someone into a situation where the attacker expects the person to be hit.

It just seems like the person is trying too hard to win, and not really enjoying the game.

Also of possible interest to RPGers, my Detective has had all of his employees quit.

Well, one just ran away, the other decided to quit. Apparently Chronn is not a people person.

But he's hiring potential detectives who can put up with somewhat cruel and violent methods.

So if you want to be a detective, and like hurting people, then Dark C investigations would be glad to have you join in.

TDC

Edited by The Dark Chronicler

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

Dark C investigations is based in the village of Onu-Koro, in a simple hut with three rooms. One of which is locked up and a major mess.

Onu-Koro allows for a central hub that is easy to access from multiple different villages.

And it's dark there, which is just an added bonus.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

It's spelled "haughty," not "hauty." To RP as a haughty individual, one is prideful and snobbish, but not overbearingly so or making claims of clear superiority over other people. In essence, it's arrogance in moderation.Unless you actually meant "hottie," in which case I cannot help you.

Oh myShe's using big words They grow up so fast. -sniffle- :'DI actually thought you meant "hottie" at first, which both scared me and kind of made me laugh.I'm late, but I vote BZIII...

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.