Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

"A kio is a unit of length in the Bionicle universe. It is equal to one thousand bio. It is roughly equal to .85 miles or 1.37 kilometers."Are you sure that's the unit you wanted to use? :)

Yes. About the swordsmen: Yeah, that is totally subjective (it doesn't even matter if it's not shown in their in-story fights, anyways) and it probably is exaggerated in most cases. I'd just find it really funny if they ever met and dueled because of that.-The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

What?Oh, shoot.See, this is what not being there for 01-03 does to you. XPI'll downsize it now. I mean, the only buildings on it are perhaps as big as a village in size at the most, but I suppose the amount of farmland that entails is a bit much compared to the villages.-The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

NEX is beginning. The first murderous killers have joined into the dark and mysteries plan of the leader of NEX.

And the first victim has been assigned, and is awaiting his death, even if he doesn't know it yet. But, he is going to die.

Anyone who wishes to have their Killer join NEX, my Character is currently recruiting in Onu-Koro. He will likely move on to other Koro soon.

And anyone who wants to try to solve what's going on, should get ready.

The mystery begins...

Who is the leader of NEX, and what does he have planned?

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

You mean it's 4 times 3 meaning it's 12 kilometers by 12 kilometers or 4 by 3 which is 12 kilometers squared? There's a difference. ^_^Swordsmen? I don't think Kali has spontaneously changed genders mate.

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

I think I need to bring this up...

Im new and im going to try this.IC: KaruWalks by a river of lava outside of Ta Wahi. He puts his lava sled on the lava and jumps on. He floats into a cave and spots something glowing on stone above the surface of the lava. He float to that and retreives the glowing object."I sohuld take this to the turaga quickly!"He goes back to the village and shows it to the turaga.Turaga-"It must have chose you. It only shows itself to the one it chose."Karu-"But im not toa worthy. Im just a matoran who sells anything I can find on the island that could be useful and good to sell. I wouldnt do good as a toa.Turaga-"Thats what you are good at! You explore places no matoran would ever venture to! Besides I saw you yesterday fend off an angered nui jaga! Not all matoran can do that!Karu-" I guess your right. Where do i have to go to become a toa anyway?"Turaga-"There is an ancient temple near Ga Wahi. It are used to make matoran into toa. Matoran inserts there toa stone into the center of the temple and energy comes out of the center and into the matoran. They then become toa."Karu-" Then I better be on my way."Turaga-"Good luck! Oh, I almost forgot! Take this with you. Its a map showing where the temple is."Karu-" Thank you Turaga! Goodbye!"Turaga-"Goodbye................Toa Karu!"The matoran of the village stared at the Turaga and Karu. They couldnt beleive what they had heard. As they stared the Turaga walked back into his hut and Karu kept walking and heading toward Ga Wahi....

First off, where is your Profile? You require this to play the BZPRPG.Second off, Toa stones need to be staff approved. You can't just find them lying around around Ta-koro.Thirdly, since when is there a Temple in Ga-wahi that has the ability to make Matoran Toa? I would think that would be the Kini-nui.Fourthly, from my interactions with him, Vakama is a very rude, angry, old man. Why would he give you a map to a non-existent temple to make you a toa? If you really wanted to play a toa, you should have made you charecter a toa in the first place.

swordsmen is the general term. Just like actORs, or carpentERs. HIstorically, it was men who generally did these things, such as fight with a sword, so the term stuck even when women joined the ranks in large quantities. If you wanted to be really correct, the ladies could be referred to as a "shield maiden" but then that also implies they were not duelists, but warriors wielding both sword and shield.Stick with swordsmen. It's correct. :P

Im new and im going to try this.IC: KaruWalks by a river of lava outside of Ta Wahi. He puts his lava sled on the lava and jumps on. He floats into a cave and spots something glowing on stone above the surface of the lava. He float to that and retreives the glowing object."I sohuld take this to the turaga quickly!"He goes back to the village and shows it to the turaga.Turaga-"It must have chose you. It only shows itself to the one it chose."Karu-"But im not toa worthy. Im just a matoran who sells anything I can find on the island that could be useful and good to sell. I wouldnt do good as a toa.Turaga-"Thats what you are good at! You explore places no matoran would ever venture to! Besides I saw you yesterday fend off an angered nui jaga! Not all matoran can do that!Karu-" I guess your right. Where do i have to go to become a toa anyway?"Turaga-"There is an ancient temple near Ga Wahi. It are used to make matoran into toa. Matoran inserts there toa stone into the center of the temple and energy comes out of the center and into the matoran. They then become toa."Karu-" Then I better be on my way."Turaga-"Good luck! Oh, I almost forgot! Take this with you. Its a map showing where the temple is."Karu-" Thank you Turaga! Goodbye!"Turaga-"Goodbye................Toa Karu!"The matoran of the village stared at the Turaga and Karu. They couldnt beleive what they had heard. As they stared the Turaga walked back into his hut and Karu kept walking and heading toward Ga Wahi....

First off, where is your Profile? You require this to play the BZPRPG.Second off, Toa stones need to be staff approved. You can't just find them lying around around Ta-koro.Thirdly, since when is there a Temple in Ga-wahi that has the ability to make Matoran Toa? I would think that would be the Kini-nui.Fourthly, from my interactions with him, Vakama is a very rude, angry, old man. Why would he give you a map to a non-existent temple to make you a toa? If you really wanted to play a toa, you should have made you charecter a toa in the first place.
...Wow.You're kidding.I hate it when people don't read the rules.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Very true though Kali is more that likely going to gut you for referring to her as a male. XDWell that certainly came out of left field Nitro. I do agree of questioning the fact that there is a Temple in Ga-Wahi that spontaneously turns Matoran into Toa. I'm not sure I would agree that Vakama is an angry crotchety dude. Old with HUGE EYEBROWS yes. What'd you do to twist his Huna the wrong way?Mata-Nui the HUGE EYEBROWS...

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

First off, where is your Profile? You require this to play the BZPRPG.Second off, Toa stones need to be staff approved. You can't just find them lying around around Ta-koro.Thirdly, since when is there a Temple in Ga-wahi that has the ability to make Matoran Toa? I would think that would be the Kini-nui.Fourthly, from my interactions with him, Vakama is a very rude, angry, old man. Why would he give you a map to a non-existent temple to make you a toa?If you really wanted to play a toa, you should have made you charecter a toa in the first place.
...Wow.You're kidding.I hate it when people don't read the rules.
As a member of CRANE, I sent toacorey a PM. He's new, so please have some faith and remember the mistakes you made when you first started. In fact, I did something very similar on the first day...

I remember it as if it was...um...Five or so years ago. Back when there were those Elemental Masks all over Metru-nui. I posted like, 5 times, then quit. Waited until the reboot to join back up. Anyway, I was just pointing out what was wrong with the post. Also, what's CRANE? Carboniferous RAbid New Enemies?

Very true though Kali is more that likely going to gut you for referring to her as a male. XDWell that certainly came out of left field Nitro. I do agree of questioning the fact that there is a Temple in Ga-Wahi that spontaneously turns Matoran into Toa. I'm not sure I would agree that Vakama is an angry crotchety dude. Old with HUGE EYEBROWS yes. What'd you do to twist his Huna the wrong way?Mata-Nui the HUGE EYEBROWS...

Lolk. We'll see if she can match up to the legends (and the claim that she'll gut people who refer to her as male) when she fights Aexias. >=3I don't presume said fight to happen for a while if it ever does. I just find its concept interesting.@Kughz: G'joob thar bro. CRANEfist! *Holds out crane beak (hand configuration)*@Nitro: The CRANE is the Coalition of Roleplayers Against Newbishness, for Education. Check out my blog for more on it.-The Fearless Leader Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

ahha... something like that. :PNO, it's a group Fearless is un-official chairman of. You can read more about it in his blog, but the point is we (members of CRANE) have pledged to help improve and better the society of the RPG by RPing with the newbs and helping them achieve a better sense of the game and their own writing voice. SO, it's kinda like a mentorship program, just for RPing. :P*Responds to Crane break in turn, the pulls "Kughii crown" finger formation by holding his the back of his hand outwards and dropping his ring and index fingers, making a three point crown.*

Edited by Kughii

If everyone has to have their hands mutated, I'm not sure just how nice of a group you guys really are. :lol:Actually, what you guys are trying to do is pretty neat. I might have liked to have somebody to help me out when I started out, but instead had to figure it out as I went along... Come to think of it, that could be the reason for my style of playing.

Lacertus

if you wanted to equate it to that, then yes.HOWEVER: bionicle is a time all its own. The matoran have an advanced ability to use technology. The only problem is the MATERIALS. So, I see no reason why someone can't have the ability to build a v8 engine motorcycle. The only catch is WHAT would power it. :P

When I find Kali and she happens to be in the same location as Aexias I think that would be an awesome sight.Interesting find. Out of the three characters selected for this whole best swordsman thing, two of them are female. Meaning the correct term really would have been swordswomen.Though then we might have to content with Vitak taking offense to being called a girl. Ah we just can't find a compromise can we?

Yeah, I simply want something like Kinna's motorcycle-type-thing in Mask of Life. It'd basiclly be gears and pulleys that would activate once the driver peddles.Also, ToaCorey posted again and posted the profile in the post. I'm did an OOC post explaining how to post, so I put in a quick IC post as well. It's not supposed to mean anything, just didn't want to have an OOC post only.-Mef Man

Engineering and engineers do exist on Mata Nui: contraptions and vehicles based mostly on simple machines (the wheel, the lever, the gear, the pulley, etc.) therefore absolutely can and do exist. However, there is no liquid/solid/gas power source that has been really harnessed. If you want to power something, you'll need either yourself or a domestic rahi to provide said power.Also, whatever technology you decide to make and use on this island, you must personally understand - if you don't understand and can't explain the details of how something works, then it's too advanced for Mata Nui (and that isn't an invitation for computer-savvy people to justify building robots because you can explain their circuitry!) Just obey the spirit of Mata Nui. It's a jungle island paradise where technology is neither really necessary nor advanced... having some kind of crazy-advanced gizmo feels out of place and wrong. Mef Man, you're basically proposing a bicycle. I'm cool with that. :P

test2.png

See Nuju Metru's post. As I said, you could build it, but the point is how you POWER it. For example, I thought about making a v8 motorcycle (yes, Harley Davidson's sometimes have this engine though it IS usually a car engine. :P ) powered by gravity or magnetism. HOWEVER, I realized using gravity to propel something would just create the mother of all black-holes, and using magnetism would do the same thing, save the fact the focal point would actually be the bike in the case of magnetism. :P

Edited by Kughii

AHA! I've finally done it... the forum takes to long to load when I want to edit my profiles... Maybe I have too much detail. :PAnyways, I have a de-toa coming into being and ready for rping very soon... just have to let the profile entry load.

When I find Kali and she happens to be in the same location as Aexias I think that would be an awesome sight.Interesting find. Out of the three characters selected for this whole best swordsman thing, two of them are female. Meaning the correct term really would have been swordswomen.Though then we might have to content with Vitak taking offense to being called a girl. Ah we just can't find a compromise can we?

If I may just interject on this swordsmen thing, imagine a formidable swordsman - and I would say at risk of hypocrisy, cliche and a whole host of other sins, thought by some to be the best on the island.Now, take that brilliant swordsman, and give him a Kanohi that gives him constantly peak reflexes, speed, strength and dexterity.Kalienthia, Aexias, Vitak - meet Merror.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

Oh darn, you beat me Casper. (I CAN call you Casper, yes?) Merror: meet Draeverian Joskiir.Can someone give me a PM sum-up of the recent events in ga-wahi? Thanks!

No, you can't :P It's Christmas Past or nothing.Just read DJ's profile. It's...interesting. I dislike him already XDSorry, I just have a thing against DJs and anything "bling" or "hip-hop" or whatever that stuff's called. Could be rather interesting if he and Merror ever meet. :D

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

haha.. the funny thing is he's based off of "hard days night" by the Beatles, and then evolved slightly towards the punk spectrum. However, he's not TOO techno. Okay, I take it back, he's hardcore techno, but with a twist. :Pyes, Merror will be very shocked.

AHA! I've finally done it... the forum takes to long to load when I want to edit my profiles... Maybe I have too much detail. :PAnyways, I have a de-toa coming into being and ready for rping very soon... just have to let the profile entry load.

Is this why I sometimes get told the forum is too busy for me to load a page? If it helps, Kughii, I thought your profiles had to much detail back when you were starting out.If you'd be interested in joining me RPing again, Kugh, tell me a little about this new Toa of Sonics-maybe he'd fit with what I'm working on.

Ignoring EW's amazingly epic lawl. :P

Is this why I sometimes get told the forum is too busy for me to load a page? If it helps, Kughii, I thought your profiles had to much detail back when you were starting out.If you'd be interested in joining me RPing again, Kugh, tell me a little about this new Toa of Sonics-maybe he'd fit with what I'm working on.
Ah, well, see my profile page. :P Really, Ishi's profile was TOO LONG? I thought it was too short... hence why I kept lengthening it. XD