Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

No power vacuum? Ah, yes, good point. But that's why Madrihk's current plan isn't to conquer the island by force, but to claim territory and gain influence until people trust him enough to follow his commands even when they get a little shady. And then it's tyrant time.This may or may not involve hordes of evil PCs murdering the Turaga and going to war. Unlike Makuta, we would demolish one village at a time, to avoid a two-or-more front war.With all the crazy and murderous PCs that already exist, I don't think gathering forces would be too much of a problem, to be honest. :P

Edited by Katuko

Is now a good time to bring up, "You fight one village, you fight them all?" XDI don't think the Matoran are going to look kindly on having their leader's murdered an any force large enough to take a village is going to be extremely noticeable. Considering how long they've been holding out despite the danger, Makuta's got the right idea. He's going to need to subjugate them all at once.Since the Matoran living there have a pretty good idea of who's who, they may recall themselves and purge each village of all non-natives before rampaging against the outlanders clearing almost all of the PC's from the island good or evil. Due to all the events going on with murders, killings, and other various horrible stuff that's been going on, I'm surprised the villagers are as calm as they are. I know for a fact that Ga-Koro already has the murmurs of civil unrest which wouldn't take much to explode into a full on purge of non-natives at any given moment. With the death of Tamaru I'm sure the Le-Koroans are probably already calling for blood.

With the power of Firefox now I CAN be in two places at once!

Things I've written: Interview with Nidhiki And other Interviews, TARGETED

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

Thinks I've Co-authored: Adventures of Bolt and Company!

US Army Vet: HOORAH! BZPRPG Prof: Kalama

If we demolished a village, that would cause at least a five-front war, unless messages suddenly decided to travel slower than a PC for once. Of course, if we were to, say, go after Xa-koro first, gather together a wretched hive of scum and villany, and subjugate it to D Madrihk.

Oh, <insert rude word here>. Someone else has had the same idea as me :(

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

There's a :censored: Emoticon Ghost. Nobody uses <expletive deleted> anymore unless they're a REALLY old skool BZP'er.

Things I've guest stared/cameo'd in: Makuta infects the Eds! Seeing Thru the Fog

All this talk of landed gentry and fortresses piqued my interest, so here's a little tidbit to keep in mind, guys.Remember that we're still on Mata Nui. Good old protodermis-brick, tropical paradise, wood and brick, bamboo and harekake Mata Nui. You got a fortress? Cool, but it takes an army to build one in the first place, armies that can't exist in large numbers since the population isn't that high (common sense dictates that). They take time to build, and require an infrastructure to manage from conception (reality dictates this). It is logically impossible for there to be any large number of fortresses, bases and armies on Mata Nui, even with the influx of strangers.I wholeheartedly agree with the warnings that the Koro will band together. According to canon, the villages were orginally just economically allied, each village exporting and importing to the others, so alliances were needed. Then the Rahi came, and they created a more strong system. Presently, the village turaga have a system in which each will assist the other, since they realized the need for the virtue of Unity in the hard times. It's been a while since the original toa, but that only means they have become stronger. I will confess: I have one such minor village, but it is indeed very minor with only a few residents and a tiny keep as its stronghold, so it is legit.The only reason why the matoran in the villages are as calm as they are is because the incidents are isolated and can't reflect well on the other characters, both player and non-player. But theoretically, they are aware of the dangers, and it would only be right if we the players mirror that awareness in all our activities.Let's play this game realistically and equally. Let's build this universe together.

All this talk of landed gentry and fortresses piqued my interest, so here's a little tidbit to keep in mind, guys.Remember that we're still on Mata Nui. Good old protodermis-brick, tropical paradise, wood and brick, bamboo and harekake Mata Nui. You got a fortress? Cool, but it takes an army to build one in the first place, armies that can't exist in large numbers since the population isn't that high (common sense dictates that). They take time to build, and require an infrastructure to manage from conception (reality dictates this). It is logically impossible for there to be any large number of fortresses, bases and armies on Mata Nui, even with the influx of strangers.I wholeheartedly agree with the warnings that the Koro will band together. According to canon, the villages were orginally just economically allied, each village exporting and importing to the others, so alliances were needed. Then the Rahi came, and they created a more strong system. Presently, the village turaga have a system in which each will assist the other, since they realized the need for the virtue of Unity in the hard times. It's been a while since the original toa, but that only means they have become stronger. I will confess: I have one such minor village, but it is indeed very minor with only a few residents and a tiny keep as its stronghold, so it is legit.The only reason why the matoran in the villages are as calm as they are is because the incidents are isolated and can't reflect well on the other characters, both player and non-player. But theoretically, they are aware of the dangers, and it would only be right if we the players mirror that awareness in all our activities.Let's play this game realistically and equally. Let's build this universe together.

Exactly what I was thinking. Many of us are getting ahead of themselves here. This is a tribal society, pretty much a pre-iron age equivalent. Some people are introducing things which seem medieval or later.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

EW, you do raise a good point. I have thought of this, however. Of course it would take a lot for most fortresses. But if one is rich enough (as the Sarusuma family probably is) then one can probably hire a team of 6-12 toa to construct a small castle (again in the Sarusuma case, those toa would only need be of Water, Stone, and perhaps Earth, which are all pretty common elements). And besides, most of the gentry's homes can be just small manors by bigger ones, not true fortresses. The main reason the Sarusumas built one as a castle is because they decided that they should settle at Lake Pala in the middle of Le-Wahi jungle.-The Fearless Leader

Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Considering how many deaths are taking place with Player Character killing things left and right EW, I don't think the canon number of inhabitants can withstand all the decimation and manage to repopulate enough for the next year, even with the influx of strangers. They seem to contribute more to the killing then the rebuilding. "Bullets are cheap, Bodies aren't." Therefore common sense actually dictates that the population is EXTREMELY higher than canon. 1,000 Matoran would probably be sliced in half at the current rate of decimation and it takes time for the next generation to grow. At the rate the killing is going that next generation won't even have time to grow up before they're cut down. A population of 1,000,000 Matoran however could withstand such damage and allow the next generation to survive and at least break even.I do agree that yes, the canon Matoran would band together. While the Marine Corps are tough and hardy, there are still a few weaknesses they rely on the other armed forces to cover for them. Namely being the youngest force and coming from the more peaceful people, they don't have the womanpower to be everywhere at once and can't fight in open pitched battles well. An alliance with the Ta-Koroan Guard who are less mobile then the Marines due to their large size works well as it gives the Marines a solid reliable source for reinforcements for such pitched battles. it works well for the Guard who can simply move in after the Marine's initial forceful assault and simply mop up and secure the area.Any such fortresses that exist on Mata-Nui now would be few and far between and only held by ether any of the Mata-Nui forces or Makuta's Servants. They've had well over 1100 years to build up such infrastructure. Keep in mind though like the castles of Medieval times(which were considered a type of fortress) was probably manned by less than 300 or so men. Manning it wouldn't be a problem. Building it however would be as that would require triple the amount of people to build.Before the Toa came, travel was very limited. After their coming they helped make travel safer. It would be safe to assume that even with the Toa gone. The forces of Mata-Nui have had time to reclaim at least the main trade routes which allow for safer travel. Matoran like Kalama who travel off the beaten path may find a whole host of nastiness.As for development, remember Onu-Koro. As the mining capital they are very productive and inventive. If you listen to Nurapu in MNOLG II he talks about things like Power Conversion and Grids and such while examining Boxors. Most of the Ga-Koroan boats also seem to run on some sort powered system similar to the motor boat. Hence why I've got things like Fast Attack Cutters. Don't be so hasty to write off what technological age we live in. It's a mix of everything from Stone to Futuristic.

EW, you do raise a good point. I have thought of this, however. Of course it would take a lot for most fortresses. But if one is rich enough (as the Sarusuma family probably is) then one can probably hire a team of 6-12 toa to construct a small castle (again in the Sarusuma case, those toa would only need be of Water, Stone, and perhaps Earth, which are all pretty common elements).

Remember again, this is a small economy we're talking about on a paradise island. Strong yes, but not big. It is almost impossible for anyone to actually be genuinely rich and keep it that way for long.

And besides, most of the gentry's homes can be just small manors by bigger ones, not true fortresses. The main reason the Sarusumas built one as a castle is because they decided that they should settle at Lake Pala in the middle of Le-Wahi jungle.

This is not reflected by the discussion I was replying to.

Considering how many deaths are taking place with Player Character killing things left and right EW, I don't think the canon number of inhabitants can withstand all the decimation and manage to repopulate enough for the next year, even with the influx of strangers. They seem to contribute more to the killing then the rebuilding. "Bullets are cheap, Bodies aren't." Therefore common sense actually dictates that the population is EXTREMELY higher than canon. 1,000 Matoran would probably be sliced in half at the current rate of decimation and it takes time for the next generation to grow. At the rate the killing is going that next generation won't even have time to grow up before they're cut down. A population of 1,000,000 Matoran however could withstand such damage and allow the next generation to survive and at least break even.

Then the island should be a metropolis, not a paradise with some villages. And yet the in-game guides clearly indicate that the island is largely unchanged from how we saw it last in the MNOLG2. You might have a point, but in the end, I think you're making things and numbers up where none existed in the first place.

I do agree that yes, the canon Matoran would band together. While the Marine Corps are tough and hardy, there are still a few weaknesses they rely on the other armed forces to cover for them. Namely being the youngest force and coming from the more peaceful people, they don't have the womanpower to be everywhere at once and can't fight in open pitched battles well. An alliance with the Ta-Koroan Guard who are less mobile then the Marines due to their large size works well as it gives the Marines a solid reliable source for reinforcements for such pitched battles. it works well for the Guard who can simply move in after the Marine's initial forceful assault and simply mop up and secure the area.

You underestimate the power of Unity. These are matoran we're talking about; together they are fa stronger than what I think you're giving hem credit for. Besides, I said the villages would band together and defend each other, not talked about their strengths and weaknesses.

Any such fortresses that exist on Mata-Nui now would be few and far between and only held by ether any of the Mata-Nui forces or Makuta's Servants. They've had well over 1100 years to build up such infrastructure. Keep in mind though like the castles of Medieval times(which were considered a type of fortress) was probably manned by less than 300 or so men. Manning it wouldn't be a problem. Building it however would be as that would require triple the amount of people to build.

Actually, they've had less than a hundred years to build the places. Again, things were just as told in canon story up until the Toa Mata went underground. This means there were no castles then and no travelers from other places.

Before the Toa came, travel was very limited. After their coming they helped make travel safer. It would be safe to assume that even with the Toa gone. The forces of Mata-Nui have had time to reclaim at least the main trade routes which allow for safer travel. Matoran like Kalama who travel off the beaten path may find a whole host of nastiness.

Not sure what this has to do with anything we're talking about...

As for development, remember Onu-Koro. As the mining capital they are very productive and inventive. If you listen to Nurapu in MNOLG II he talks about things like Power Conversion and Grids and such while examining Boxors. Most of the Ga-Koroan boats also seem to run on some sort powered system similar to the motor boat. Hence why I've got things like Fast Attack Cutters. Don't be so hasty to write off what technological age we live in. It's a mix of everything from Stone to Futuristic.

I'm not writing anything off, I'm just helping make sure we know what we're doing and keeping things realistic from a matoran point of view.

A pre-iron age society that is also being joined by things with technology from...whatever era Xia and Zakaz would be.

Technology does not equate to society. That technology also tends to be spread few and far between.

Considering how many deaths are taking place with Player Character killing things left and right EW, I don't think the canon number of inhabitants can withstand all the decimation and manage to repopulate enough for the next year, even with the influx of strangers. They seem to contribute more to the killing then the rebuilding. "Bullets are cheap, Bodies aren't." Therefore common sense actually dictates that the population is EXTREMELY higher than canon. 1,000 Matoran would probably be sliced in half at the current rate of decimation and it takes time for the next generation to grow. At the rate the killing is going that next generation won't even have time to grow up before they're cut down. A population of 1,000,000 Matoran however could withstand such damage and allow the next generation to survive and at least break even.I do agree that yes, the canon Matoran would band together. While the Marine Corps are tough and hardy, there are still a few weaknesses they rely on the other armed forces to cover for them. Namely being the youngest force and coming from the more peaceful people, they don't have the womanpower to be everywhere at once and can't fight in open pitched battles well. An alliance with the Ta-Koroan Guard who are less mobile then the Marines due to their large size works well as it gives the Marines a solid reliable source for reinforcements for such pitched battles. it works well for the Guard who can simply move in after the Marine's initial forceful assault and simply mop up and secure the area.Any such fortresses that exist on Mata-Nui now would be few and far between and only held by ether any of the Mata-Nui forces or Makuta's Servants. They've had well over 1100 years to build up such infrastructure. Keep in mind though like the castles of Medieval times(which were considered a type of fortress) was probably manned by less than 300 or so men. Manning it wouldn't be a problem. Building it however would be as that would require triple the amount of people to build.Before the Toa came, travel was very limited. After their coming they helped make travel safer. It would be safe to assume that even with the Toa gone. The forces of Mata-Nui have had time to reclaim at least the main trade routes which allow for safer travel. Matoran like Kalama who travel off the beaten path may find a whole host of nastiness.As for development, remember Onu-Koro. As the mining capital they are very productive and inventive. If you listen to Nurapu in MNOLG II he talks about things like Power Conversion and Grids and such while examining Boxors. Most of the Ga-Koroan boats also seem to run on some sort powered system similar to the motor boat. Hence why I've got things like Fast Attack Cutters. Don't be so hasty to write off what technological age we live in. It's a mix of everything from Stone to Futuristic.

I raised this point with Tuck, Kalama, and he confirmed the population being slightly higher than canon, but NOWHERE NEAR the levels you're describing. A few thousand at most, I think it was.I don't know about other people, but I'm not seeing this "decimation". As far as I can tell, there is only one person regularly referring to the deaths of multiple Matoran.And that's you.

EW, you do raise a good point. I have thought of this, however. Of course it would take a lot for most fortresses. But if one is rich enough (as the Sarusuma family probably is) then one can probably hire a team of 6-12 toa to construct a small castle (again in the Sarusuma case, those toa would only need be of Water, Stone, and perhaps Earth, which are all pretty common elements).

Remember again, this is a small economy we're talking about on a paradise island. Strong yes, but not big. It is almost impossible for anyone to actually be genuinely rich and keep it that way for long.
That doesn't disprove it, however. They didn't have to stay that rich for long-just long enough to get that all built. It's not like I explicitly stated they're financing the construction of new ones constantly.

And besides, most of the gentry's homes can be just small manors by bigger ones, not true fortresses. The main reason the Sarusumas built one as a castle is because they decided that they should settle at Lake Pala in the middle of Le-Wahi jungle.

This is not reflected by the discussion I was replying to.
Of course it isn't, chap! That's my egotist's way of admitting that you had a point and changing my ideas about how this works XP-The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Erm...I can vouch for the 'decimation' of the matoran, although it sounds rude. Due to the Worf Effect being in very strong effect, the Matoran, the most abundant NPCs available, are being targeted to show how powerful/cruel the evil PCs are.And yes, send him to Le-wahi. Love and Despair have met up...a match made in karzanhi.

Edited by Nitro Frost

Very true. I did make up the numbers simply to prove my point. After all, 67% of all statistics are made up on the spot. XDOh I have no doubt the power of the Matoran. That's why 90% of my characters are Matoran. Individually they could easily overpower others. As a group they are nigh unstoppable. I love the little guys. So small and powerless but so fierce and determined. It's a wonder they need Toa at all! :)Now that is not to say they haven't built anything between the years 1-999 AGC while the Toa where sleeping. It was probably hard as Karz though having to stop and fight off Rahi! Hafu has been known to go out and maintain his beloved carvings despite the danger of the Rahi. Trade and messages were minimal but how else do you think the Turaga knew when and where to meet up? SOME must have braved the dangers and gotten through.I tend to few things on a Larger scale as Kalama and Ta Rahkshi, Ghosthands. I watch EVERYTHING. I think I've already made this point once before earlier in regards to hidden events that happen in which Lohkar's actions in Xa-Koro may influence something else where and set off a chain of events which may affect me all the way in Po-Wahi somehow. Kalama himself doesn't know of any of this decimation but I keep an eye on it for a reason. Playing mainly females I may end up having to RP a bunch of non-descriptive males attempting to get into their good graces to "repopulate the island" to speak at some point. Cue hijinks.See? That Le-Matoran you just offed just gave the others more of a chance to win Lei over. The more you off the better the survivors' chances. Soon Lei probably won't be able to move without running into someone. If I don't keep an eye on this it might become a problem.Now that we're getting into it, you might just end up having the Le-Koroan's rioting over their fellow Matoran's deaths and both Marines and Toa Teams may descend down upon your head until you can't take it anymore and Lohkar finally gets overwhelmed and killed. Hidden events Ghosthands, they can be a boon or ultimately destroy you if you don't manage them properly.

Edited by Kalama and Ta Rahkshi

Excuse me, but my simplistic mind can't take this debate anymore, I beg you to stop before my mind becomes nothing but puddy.Though you can do a lot with puddy... :PAnyway, I don't see what the issue is here anyway, though I agree having large armies just simply isn't possible with the population levels. As for fortresses, how about something much smaller scale? Like secret underground lairs? Those are much cooler anyway. Why do you think Makuta has one? :sly:Speaking of hidden events. I've got two plots that both happen to involve Ghosthands, Wraith's missing body, and Skyra/Snelly's plan to avenge Tamaru, anyway, I think things are going to get very... intense.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

I tend to few things on a Larger scale as Kalama and Ta Rahkshi, Ghosthands. I watch EVERYTHING. I think I've already made this point once before earlier in regards to hidden events that happen in which Lohkar's actions in Xa-Koro may influence something else where and set off a chain of events which may affect me all the way in Po-Wahi somehow. Kalama himself doesn't know of any of this decimation but I keep an eye on it for a reason. Playing mainly females I may end up having to RP a bunch of non-descriptive males attempting to get into their good graces to "repopulate the island" to speak at some point. Cue hijinks.See? That Le-Matoran you just offed just gave the others more of a chance to win Lei over. The more you off the better the survivors' chances. Soon Lei probably won't be able to move without running into someone. If I don't keep an eye on this it might become a problem.Now that we're getting into it, you might just end up having the Le-Koroan's rioting over their fellow Matoran's deaths and both Marines and Toa Teams may descend down upon your head until you can't take it anymore and Lohkar finally gets overwhelmed and killed. Hidden events Ghosthands, they can be a boon or ultimately destroy you if you don't manage them properly.

1. Stop patronising me.2. How is most of this stuff relevant?3. It is not your job to create "hidden events". It is that of the staff, and most of all, Tuck. Observe them you may, but please do not try to dictate to the rest of us what this game ought to be like.

Fortresses are lame. They cause too many problems and complications IC to really be practical or fun. We don't want to skew power to any one player or group of players by letting them build a fortress - unless this fortress has been built in an entirely legitimate way and over an entirely logical time period. I mean this thing has taken months of OOC time at least, and every single detail of it is spelled out, and you've got backing for how you got so many workers. The closest thing to a fortress that should exist in the tropical paradise of Mata-Nui at this point in time (or really ever, insofar as things are going) is Ta-Koro with the lava bridge down.Players: if you happen upon anyone who has assembled an unfair fortress or army or what have you, please PM me and let me know - I don't have the time to avidly read all the topics and find these things myself - and then I will personally assist you in pounding the fortress to dust with storm and rahi and the iron fist of Makuta. :evilgrin:

test2.png

Well, that shouldn't be too much trouble to spell out. I'll just devote one blog entry to Jianheim explaining everything about it (including how it was built, all the details, and all the workers) and kill two birds with one stone-I've been looking to describe a good deal of this anyways at some point.-The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Fearless Leader, remember when we arrived at Lake Pala? You mentioned that there was a caretaker there, but I naturally assumed that what we we would find was just a small house. When you started posting that map of yours I honestly wanted to say something, even though I found the thing interesting. Since it was in your profile I figured it had been around for a while and people knew of it.I agree that players should not get such large amount of resources without doing at least something for them. I mean, that place alone sounds more well-developed than Ta-Koro, which is a fortress built in a volcano. It also makes our struggle to trek across the jungle seem kind of "meh" if there really was a fully established castle (and by extension, roads) leading there already. There's even a generations-old family, sounds like?Even with the sheer amount of Toa wandering around, the villages seems to still be on the tribal stage. So yes, I did roll with the castle thing, but I feel like leaving it ASAP, to be honest, just to not get tangled up in ###### that will be hard to reverse later on. I prefer the tribal schizo tech setting more than the medieval one, too.I don't want to hack on just Fearless Leader here, and I don't want to crush anyone's dreams either - especially not since I happen to be building my character up to some as well (Rule the island! Whoo!) - but at least I see that accomplishing my character Madrihk's goals of becoming an "overlord" will require long, long time, careful planning and manipulation of several details that can fail and thus collapse the entire plan in a heartbeat. Like, for example, a castle in the jungle kicking the village plans in the crotch. Or D getting brutally murdered in Le-Koro (thus not getting word out), or Zavano & co arriving while Madrihk is still mask-less and murdering him. I also realize that any structure we build (say, Ledzel's stone fortress) can be just as easily torn down by a single Toa of the same element. Heck, I bet Ledzel could topple this whole castle thingy if he just pulls out the right blocks of the foundation. :PI could sit down and write five pages about how my character made all this work, but then it would be a post for Epics and not RPG, right?

Ghosthands? Just a friendly reminder here, and I'm not staff, so feel free to ignore. :)People notice when you are confrontational, and defensive. I mean, I've been ticked at people too. But that isn't really a valid reason to lose the discussive coolness I know you to always have. :)

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Fearless Leader, remember when we arrived at Lake Pala? You mentioned that there was a caretaker there, but I naturally assumed that what we we would find was just a small house. When you started posting that map of yours I honestly wanted to say something, even though I found the thing interesting. Since it was in your profile I figured it had been around for a while and people knew of it.

About the 'small house': M'bad. Originally I wasn't very specific about Jianheim because I didn't really know where I wanted to go with the idea. I had the vague idea that it was an estate in the middle of the jungle with some sort of fort on it, but I never actually thought about going anywhere with it.However, I noticed your ILS was heading to Pala and thought: 'Wait-I should totally make this into a bigger story element. Not only can it offer a base for at least some of the army, but it can be next to another group's place.' So I posted on your blog saying that it was there while adding a reason why it hadn't been taken over yet and edited more about it into the profile for Keinju. At that point it was still vague, though.Realizing that it was now something more than a place to be mentioned in conversation, I decided to build majorly on the Jianheim concept. And that was why you got the idea that it was small: I ultimately failed to communicate with you after that about specifics. I only made the map and really made the estate and its building more than vague after telling you of it in far more vague terms. Lo siento para que-I'm deeply sorry for that.

I agree that players should not get such large amount of resources without doing at least something for them. I mean, that place alone sounds more well-developed than Ta-Koro, which is a fortress built in a volcano. It also makes our struggle to trek across the jungle seem kind of "meh" if there really was a fully established castle (and by extension, roads) leading there already. There's even a generations-old family, sounds like?

About Jianheim being more well-developed than Ta-Koro: Not really. A dojo isn't really that 'developed' per se, a library has already been confirmed to be in Ta-Koro, there are plenty of forges in said village, two hospitals (which said estate lacks) is there as well, and there are probably more living quarters in the latter anyways. On roads: There aren't roads by Jianheim; assuming there were any for construction, they'd be completely overgrown by now, what with the fact that no one who ever resided in it used any sort of pathway. The ILS will be changing that.About generations-old families: I like using nobility who go way back a lot, sorry. What can I say? I'm a sucker for aristocracy. XP

I don't want to hack on just Fearless Leader here, and I don't want to crush anyone's dreams either - especially not since I happen to be building my character up to some as well (Rule the island! Whoo!) - but at least I see that accomplishing my character Madrihk's goals of becoming an "overlord" will require long, long time, careful planning and manipulation of several details that can fail and thus collapse the entire plan in a heartbeat. Like, for example, a castle in the jungle kicking the village plans in the crotch. Or D getting brutally murdered in Le-Koro (thus not getting word out), or Zavano & co arriving while Madrihk is still mask-less and murdering him. I also realize that any structure we build (say, Ledzel's stone fortress) can be just as easily torn down by a single Toa of the same element. Heck, I bet Ledzel could topple this whole castle thingy if he just pulls out the right blocks of the foundation. :P

You've got a very good point there: Jianheim can be toppled easily by any toa of Stone, because that's really all it's made of-granite. It's not that hard to do so as well, considering it's made out of slabs of such material. And even more importantly, I will welcome such a thing happening. I don't expect the poor thing to last through the year even with a good few dozen soldiers, Keinju, and perhaps several more PCs regularly manning it.Of course, not saying I want chars to start attacking it left and right. But if your char is nearby and just happens to want to bring down such a structure, that's chill with me.I totally understand how ya feel, bro. And I'm sorry if it seems I built something out of nothing in a snap. So I'll just have to make it up to you with a near-ludicrously detailed tale of how it was constructed, now, won't I?XP-The Fearless Leader Edited by The Fearless Leader

[Profiles]

Yo, I'm not staff, ether, but it'd be a bad idea to ignore what I have to say.I think most of the rebuttals above should be sent in a PM instead of posted here. This isn't a rip-all topic, it's a discussion topic. Let's keep things civil.That said, I think it's time for all of us to sit up, shut up, put on the big-boy underpants and learn from our mistakes. Play well and be excellent. That is all.

Edited by EmperorWhenua

It seems a lot of people are having the idea to create a group of criminals for various reasons. I just wanted to point out that I have been planning that since before BZPower came back.

And it's already ready to start up, I'm just waiting for the right moment, this weekend. A mysterious new being will be showing up on the island, and shall start collecting criminals.

I was hoping to find people with unwanted characters. I hate using NPCs as victims (Why Vrana no longer eats people). So I wanted to avoid killing any of them.

And I was hoping to avoid having the criminals working with this mysterious person killing NPCs.

And this group I am planning, has an enemy, Thedar Chronn and his employees, along with anyone else who wants to get involved in it.

I sort of wanted this to be part mystery, part adventure. Figuring out who is behind these criminals will hopefully give people something interesting to do.

Edited by The Dark Chronicler

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

I'm still up for Kirgon and Delak working together, he's just on a treasure hunt right at the moment, which is leading to no treasure at all.

The new Being I have planned, probably wouldn't be working with Delak. He isn't after control of the island, he's not your normal mastermind, not in the slightest.

And the people he is bringing together to help complete his plan, are Murderers and assassins, dangerous criminals of the deadly variety.

And he's looking for the best at killing, but for reasons unknown... for now.

This is my signature

It has words in it

They don't say much

BZPRPG profiles

All right sounds good. I might have to make a character to join this being of yours (if I can join that is). It looks like everyone's on a race to recruit people for their groups before others get to them :PAlthough, people could just go ahead and make more evil PCs if they feel up to it.

Edited by TX Wade 27

WOAH.. see, this is the value of high school at this exact moment:Gives you homework so you miss out on perhaps one of the most EPIC discussions to grace this posting area.Anyways, I was about to say something about the armies mentioned SIZES mainly for one reason: food. Sure, matoran may suck the energy out (or eat it if you play like me) of a piece of fruit, but the point is: where does the fruit COME FROM? As Nuju Metru stated about needing "logical, clear and time consuming" (that was an abridgment) information to build a fortress or recruit an army, and I've been grumbling about the same sentiments to myself before bed with: "The army is too big... Not enough time to make this castle... You can't put a death cannon on the island, it's not canon... Too many people dying, not enough native reactions..."Well, that's my two widgets worth. As everyone knows, the value of the widget is based upon whoever uses it (see earlier epic discussion in this thread).

Anyone in Le-Wahi feel like helping a Bird/Matoran that needs to help a Toa in a swamp and a Skakdi that's stuck in a tree? :PSeriously though, I have a character in Le-Wahi, just outside of the village, who wants to help an unconscious Toa. And a Skakdi that's in a tree and in a trance, due to his player not being active. Anyone feel like helping out?

Ghosthands? Just a friendly reminder here, and I'm not staff, so feel free to ignore. :)People notice when you are confrontational, and defensive. I mean, I've been ticked at people too. But that isn't really a valid reason to lose the discussive coolness I know you to always have. :)

I know. I was reluctant to post what I did, but I felt it needed to be said. Kalama's tone seemed very patronising (possibly thanks to the text-based monotone of the internet - I don't know, and if I've been unfair, I apologise).As much as I respect Kalama's imagination in coming up with all the things he has, and do very much enjoy RPing with him when the going's good, I often have the nagging feeling that perhaps if Tuck were around he'd have something to say about it, and that Kalama is sometimes trying to take a level of control in this game that he shouldn't have.