Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

Actually the drunk scene isn't for CD, it's for fun. He'll develop over months as well, no doubt. It's just that I toss in things and such so the BZPRPG has a bit of zing to it when I get bored.
So where did this post come from then?
@Kal and Basilisk, if you want any semblance of character development for him, the only way is to do either huge battles or ridiculous things with or in the presence of Optimus.
Why bring up character development if you have no intention of doing it in the action we were discussing? I've got no issue with development taking time, in fact, it's better that way. But the way it's being handled is less then ideal thus far. You've got to have more then two options that are unlikely to happen in any bulk and seem only tentatively connected to the character at best.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Ok, it was just an excuse. I wanted to try another, less drastic measure to screw around.But he'll develop. The more interaction he gets, the more that is possible. And if you really want development, stop trying to assassinate him for expyness. It just more expyness. (I mean, assassination attempts do give plenty of development, but not the kind you'd like.)

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Then why on bloody Earth were you using that as a bloody excuse to get him drunk last page?Honestly. This RPG. It's getting crazier and crazier.And not in the good way, I might add.
Hear, hear. Haven't enough people been driven out of this game lately?-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Ok, it was just an excuse. I wanted to try another, less drastic measure to screw around.But he'll develop. The more interaction he gets, the more that is possible. And if you really want development, stop trying to assassinate him for expyness. It just more expyness. (I mean, assassination attempts do give plenty of development, but not the kind you'd like.)
....I have no words on the first part of this post. I mean good on you for coming clean but....Interaction between characters is an excellent way to develop characters, I'm glad you realize that. Any kind of development, written well, is good development. I'd suggest you read of The Masks and Mef Man's posts in Kumu. It's a deep and interesting storyline to read through and the characters react and change realistically.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

If we were all trying to assassinate him, he'd already be dead.Zyke, remember to give credit for that quote. Lul.But, seriously.How about, instead of this ridiculous stuff, have him take a break, walk around, and just talk to people? Don't have him fight unless he is forced into it. As in, "Can't escape with his life so he has to fight" forced into it, not "A bunch of people: Obviously I must fight them!" forced into it. Seriously. That's a lesson I've learned many a time.

^^ I blame Kal Gro- Wait a minute.
Advance upon me in a threatening manner, kinsman.
Then why on bloody Earth were you using that as a bloody excuse to get him drunk last page?Honestly. This RPG. It's getting crazier and crazier.And not in the good way, I might add.
Hear, hear. Haven't enough people been driven out of this game lately?-Teezy
Especially when it's getting to the point where I feel like quitting, you know it's bad.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

By outright stupidity I didn't mean smash everything. Actually, nowhere did I state that he would smash anything.So yes, he's going around talking to people. You could try that after his drunkenness subsides, as I'm trying to dream up a realistic portrayal of what would happen. One way to flesh him out is to show the sides that haven't been seen.Who among you has seen Optimus Prime, noble leader of the Autobots, drunk and laughing on the floor? Or scared out of his wits at something?Or (Mata Nui Forbid) as a hobo?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

I would implore everyone who uses "joke" characters and such as to think of their fellow RPers, many of us do not find them amusing and think them rather annoying and ill-fitting in the RP. If you want to make people laugh, great! Do it OOC and let us have the epic tales and rich character development we're working on IC. The last few days should prove that such actions and characters are not needed and fail in their objectives.If you are doing this to make the RP less boring for you...well, again, everything I've said applies but doubly so.

Edited by Basilisk

Actually, I did that to make myself laugh. And, as I said, it goes deeper into the character's usually wooden, black-and-white mind. And those participating (Zyke, and anyone else who wants to join) get a kick out of it too.Besides, if you read my posts, he isn't really doing anything stupid yet. I'll keep a lid on it before it gets out of hand, ok?Optimus was never a joke character.

Edited by TNG Prime

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Actually, I did that to make myself laugh
"If you are doing this to make the RP less boring for you...well, again, everything I've said applies but doubly so."Most of us didn't join to play around in a out-of-control comedy RP. I do ask you keep this in mind. Edited by Basilisk

If you're making a character do something stupid just out of boredom, you have no business playing here. This RPG is for the story, not the comedy.
This cannot be emphasized enough. RPing, good RPing demands a level of interest and dedication to one's characters and their plotlines and development. It doesn't rely on jokes and random binges of inanity. I will admit, I have a tendency to become inactive in some RP's I've joined, I'm not an ideal RPer, few are. But one should at least make the effort.EDIT: Strike! Strike! Call the Union boys! Take back the streets! :P Edited by Basilisk

Hey Tyler, I have a question, are all your chars from Techna that you imported here going to eventually be gathered? 'Cause that would be awesome. :biggrin:
I'd rather not do that, because I brought in a version of Dorian for Techna and...-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Hey Tyler, I have a question, are all your chars from Techna that you imported here going to eventually be gathered? 'Cause that would be awesome. :biggrin:
I'd rather not do that, because I brought in a version of Dorian for Techna and...-Teezy
You and I completely forgot him.

profiles i guess

Nuju leaves, and the next day this happens. I don't know how we will survive the month.
We probably won't to be honest. Moderation by democracy doesn't work that well on a forum. We need a temporary system of some sort so this doesn't collapse into utter chaos.I'll admit, I didn't help matters. Some of this would have been better said in PM's. I for one, don't want to disappoint Nuju.So, in that spirit, anyone have any ideas?

My idea of "If anybody does something too stupid, just call in Andrew" would probably work.But I seriously think I'm going to have to go on strike for a month after this.EDIT: Ooh, Tyler, don't forget ol' Vlad Dracula. Impalement is always fun. Impalement and guillotines.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

Well, you know, the French came up with this neat trick with a blade and a basket...-Teezy
I reserve the rights to membership of the Comittee of Public Safety. Edited by Joshua L. Chamberlain

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness.