Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

My characters in Po-Wahi are involved in someone else's plotline, I don't want to leave them high and dry, so I can't very well go on strike....I'm sorry, who exactly is Andrew?EDIT: There may be something to that committee idea.

Edited by Basilisk

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Tuck's Guide on Common Sense in the BZPRPG is a good place and we should all read that rules and index page again and think for a few minutes.Let's get that school back on its feet, making it a place where characters can not only get better but the RPers as well. I remember there was a thing call RPG: Fit and maybe we could mash that idea together. That's kind of why I want Valria there, because there's somethings I want her to go through as a character, some demons she has to face. I think that idea could go really well, especially if it is (or has been established) as neutral ground and your character leaves grievances at the door. I remember Valria got in an altercation with Knife and Edge much earlier in this RPG, and if she met them there (which they probably aren't anymore) it would interesting to see how they are forced to get along if but barely.Huh, I thought Andrew was B6, cause I remembering read that staff profile thing on the front page, maybe I am wrong.

Edited by The Mask

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Let's forget this strike business and what not. Let's just look toward making more serious characters whose plot lines aren't empty holes. I made a character recently and spent hours on him only to realize he was a piece of junk so I gave him up and moved on instead of trying to force him to do something comedic or something outside of his role. Sometimes you just have to move on...-Mef

Maybe we can appoint one of our own as a....judge....of sorts. Someone who, for the duration of Nuju's absence has the final say on such matters. Anyone who disobeys is ignored mercilessly. It's not the best option, but it's one we could make work.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

Let's get that school back on its feet, making it a place where characters can not only get better but the RPers as well. I remember there was a thing call RPG: Fit and maybe we could mash that idea together. That's kind of why I want Valria there, because there's somethings I want her to go through as a character, some demons she has to face. I think that idea could go really well, especially if it is (or has been established) as neutral ground and your character leaves grievances at the door. I remember Valria got in an altercation with Knife and Edge much earlier in this RPG, and if she met them there (which they probably aren't anymore) it would interesting to see how they are forced to get along if but barely.Huh, I thought Andrew was B6, cause I remembering read that staff profile thing on the front page, maybe I am wrong.
I like the idea of bringing RPG Fit back, but the thing is, I wouldn't trust anyone else but Exo-Fat with it.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

Let's get that school back on its feet, making it a place where characters can not only get better but the RPers as well. I remember there was a thing call RPG: Fit and maybe we could mash that idea together. That's kind of why I want Valria there, because there's somethings I want her to go through as a character, some demons she has to face. I think that idea could go really well, especially if it is (or has been established) as neutral ground and your character leaves grievances at the door. I remember Valria got in an altercation with Knife and Edge much earlier in this RPG, and if she met them there (which they probably aren't anymore) it would interesting to see how they are forced to get along if but barely.Huh, I thought Andrew was B6, cause I remembering read that staff profile thing on the front page, maybe I am wrong.
They're now owned by KNI. But if they join in the School again (which is doubtful) then they'll definitely be under a guise. They've already given glimpses of what they typically look like to some people at the place..They aren't likely to wear the same stuff at all.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Maybe we can appoint one of our own as a....judge....of sorts. Someone who, for the duration of Nuju's absence has the final say on such matters. Anyone who disobeys is ignored mercilessly. It's not the best option, but it's one we could make work.
Yes. This will obviously work.I'm sorry, it is a gread idea, but with so many players, it just won't work. Nobody is going to listen-people are going to get so fed up with anybody who is shunned that it'll just escalate into a flame way, and if it's an older player that a lot of people like, then things will just degenerate faster.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Speaking of the school....Bruntoa and Rannin are sliding down the slopes of Mt. Ihu on a sled...with no way to actually steer it.And whenever Hubert gets on and posts....stuff will happen. :3

Edited by King Snelly

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

Ah well. Maybe one of us should contact Black Six then. He has alot of authority and the ability to take critical action if needed. I hate to add to someone's workload, but I'm not seeing many options here.

For those who weren't in the loop a couple years back, RPG: Fit was a blog column run frequently by the now retired RPing genius known as Exo-Fat. Basically, every week (might've been every two weeks, can't honestly remember anymore) Exo would post a challenge in the blog for everyone to try and use for one of their RPG characters: stuff like trying to win a fight without using elemental energy, creating a character and trying not to get him a romantic interest for the first month or so, etc. etc. It was a pretty legit system back in late 2009 or early 2010, I have to say, but I can't see it working anymore.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

For those who weren't in the loop a couple years back, RPG: Fit was a blog column run frequently by the now retired RPing genius known as Exo-Fat. Basically, every week (might've been every two weeks, can't honestly remember anymore) Exo would post a challenge in the blog for everyone to try and use for one of their RPG characters: stuff like trying to win a fight without using elemental energy, creating a character and trying not to get him a romantic interest for the first month or so, etc. etc. It was a pretty legit system back in late 2009 or early 2010, I have to say, but I can't see it working anymore.-Teezy
Sounds like fun, I'd probably do it if it was restarted.

keetkiril.gifqSvBogp.jpgkeetkiril.gif

That just stifles creativity if you ask me, Tyler...-Mef
Well, that's certainly one way of looking at it, but what Exo tried to do was give you a set guideline and tried to get you to use your characters in ways they wouldn't normally be used: it was about encouraging creativity and trying to get you to try new techniques and methods you wouldn't have thought of otherwise.But like I said, in the present RPing climate, I can't see it working.-Teezy

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

I like the idea of bringing RPG Fit back, but the thing is, I wouldn't trust anyone else but Exo-Fat with it.-Teezy
Well he's retired like you said. Anyways I was moving the conversation forward. So can I have a character that's part of the Po-Koro Guard but isn't a Po-matoran? I mean she'd live there but she wouldn't be a Po-matoran herself. I have another question on that for those of you on the guard: Is there any roles you currently have vacant, that needs to be filled?@Mef Man: Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. However by putting you and your characters in these challenges it usually yielded better RPers.EDIT: Everyone always types faster than me. Edited by The Mask

gallery_99567_147_39590.jpg

Hey Tyler, I have a question, are all your chars from Techna that you imported here going to eventually be gathered? 'Cause that would be awesome. :biggrin:
I'd rather not do that, because I brought in a version of Dorian for Techna and...-Teezy
I see. Now I'm facing a tough decision- have my char (as soon as I'm finished with the profile) bother Gust or Airu? Such a difficult decision. :P @Hubert: People were complaining about... I forget. What were you all complaining about? I wasn't really paying attention. Edited by Sam Nex

EDIT: Everyone always types faster than me.
I use tabs. :P Oh, and Mef...and whoever else may be at the bottom of Mt. Ihu. Remember that avalanche I obscurely and ominously warned you guys about eariler? Well, it's kinda coming...fast. :PI'd apologize but I'm not actually sorry. :evilgrin:
Hey guys, what happened while I was asleep?
I did terrible things, and I'm happy about it.

I don't see why everyone thinks people will ignore it, RPG: fit seems like a fun idea that i would try, and I'm sure a lot of other people will too. Can somone explain why the "RPG climate" would make everyone ignore it?
'Cause we're the new age, man, and we don't give a dime what the old generation way back in 2010 did. :smeag:Seriously, though. Why wouldn't this work? I'd be up for it...maybe.-Mef

I think I might use Mangs blog to do something like RPG: Fit. I mean, maybe only three people will pay attention to it, but it'll work.

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Okay guys, where are my characters exactly?
Naona is still at the Casa Juturna I believe. Though Skyra and Tillian are on the Fowardi, Tillian is getting water out of his lungs, and Skyra is air drying his clothes......it's a long story... :P