Bzprpg News And Discussion

Friar Tuck

I understand about waiting being good courtesy and the fact that yes, he is respected, but really. My opinion on the matter is that you shouldn't just ask for everything to be held up for you while you're gone. If you're gone, you just have to be ready to deal with everything that happened when you came back, not that you should expect everybody to hold stuff up for you.What if somebody else has big plans like his, eh? His leaving and asking them to hold them up could make them look like rather big pricks for going through with it anyways, even if they had reason for doing so...and they didn't just say "because reasons" and expect us to go with it, of course.@Katuko: This is more about the thought behind it than anybody really wanting to get on with it immediately, to tell the truth.

Edited by Kal Grochi

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

I say that we don't hold everything up just because he's leaving. I'm gone all the time and I never ask people to hold everything up, but even if I did, nobody would listen. Why listen just because he's gone canoeing? >.<
Because EW hs big plans.Big plans that involve both sides, and may majorly affect the outcome of these battles. He won't be gone long, and I don't see many people minding.Besides, we probably wouldn't be ready to go to war in a week anyway.
We all have big plans here.Not just EW.The fact that he's a veteran doesn't constitute the need to let him transform Pala-Koro into a Masada-level strength invincible fortress, thus rendering the war impossible for the Makuta-follower side.-Dovydas Edited by Ironheart

I say that we don't hold everything up just because he's leaving. I'm gone all the time and I never ask people to hold everything up, but even if I did, nobody would listen. Why listen just because he's gone canoeing? >.<
Because EW hs big plans.Big plans that involve both sides, and may majorly affect the outcome of these battles. He won't be gone long, and I don't see many people minding.Besides, we probably wouldn't be ready to go to war in a week anyway.
We all have big plans here.Not just EW.The fact that he's a veteran doesn't constitute the need to let him transform Pala-Koro into a fortress, thus rendering the war impossible for the Makuta-follower side.-Dovydas
Well, not impossible.If Feongulf gets a chance to send a letter off, I can have the ILS spy (I would use the name, Katuko, but I've forgotten it) hold open the gates. :P- Vorex

lineupnewestest.png
[BZPRPG PROFILES]

Nikarra - Kaelynn - Ronan - Muir - Donal Aerus - Montague - Kira - KouraLearu - Alteora - Fuacht - Caana Nessen - Merrill

Guys, just because EW's gone doesn't mean we have to stop everything.Or start chainquoting, for that matter.
Listen to this guy.Not to mention, it's not a big request, what EW is asking. He's just asking people not to start the big fight for a few days, and the fight probably wouldn't start that soon anyway. Even Katuko says so.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Difficult. It will take time to prepare, and we won't be able to attack Pala-Koro just yet anyway - but really? The Anarchy have Madrihk and his group right where they want them, and Xa-Koro is ripe for the taking by the Kino's group. It does seem a LITTLE unfair for EW to ask us to hold off every major Makuta-side initiative (with the exception of Echelon's unity push, but that's not terribly action-packed)...What I would suggest is that we cross these bridges when we come to them. If one of the Evil groups finds themself completely ready to attack, well, then we should discuss whether or not to heed EW. And remember, all these initiatives would take time to prepare.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

The fact that he's a veteran doesn't constitute the need to let him transform Pala-Koro into a Masada-level strength invincible fortress, thus rendering the war impossible for the Makuta-follower side.-Dovydas
I agree, and I hope y'all have taken note of me protesting said actions as soon as I noticed them. The entire reason why our village is made from wood and has just a simple wall is that we did not want it to break the rules by being a big super-fortress at all. If we wanted that we would just have the relevant Toa characters make one post each day about how they are totally adding to the walls; resulting in a 5 meter thick iron shell with accompanying canopy and electrical charges constantly running through it.As it is, you may all assume that EW's description (which he did not run by any of us beforehand, with the exception of the plant camo which is only icing, really) is just the plan, and that with the exception of some minor additions to the wall, the village defenses have not changed. Edited by Katuko

As I said, it's more the thought behind it than it is actually wanting to get on and do everything at once.Let's think about this differently: If I asked people to hold up plots like this at the beginning of the summer when I went to NYLT, or just a month ago when I went to Philmont, it would have seemed rather pretentious, correct?Or if somebody even newer than I did?Really, if you're going to be gone and people want to get things done, even if they're major, if you know they're good RPers and you can trust them, let them and go with it when you get back.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

Guys, let's be realistic: the big fight won't be taking place in the next week, and it wouldn't even if EW were here.The elemental wards are another matter, and not one that can be resolved here. Discussing it here will accomplish nothing. What do the rules say? If you don't agree with someone else's playing, PM the player, or PM a staff member. EW is not here, so PM Nuju. It's as simple as that.

I think we can probably all agree that waiting for the big battle will only make it that much sweeter when it finally occurs. Think of the attack on Minas Tirith in The Lord of the Rings movies - it wouldn't have been so fun if Osgiliath hadn't fallen, first, if there hadn't been a period of tension precluding the most epic scene like, ever. You don't have to wait for EW. But I know what's gonna happen. You want to.

test2.png

I think we can probably all agree that waiting for the big battle will only make it that much sweeter when it finally occurs. Think of the attack on Minas Tirith in The Lord of the Rings movies - it wouldn't have been so fun if Osgiliath hadn't fallen, first, if there hadn't been a period of tension precluding the most epic scene like, ever.You don't have to wait for EW. But I know what's gonna happen. You want to.
Nuju has spoken. Amen.

sig_panel_bzprpg.pngsig_panel_profiles.pngsig_panel_flickr.pngsig_panel_steam.pngsig_panel_n7.png

I think we can probably all agree that waiting for the big battle will only make it that much sweeter when it finally occurs. Think of the attack on Minas Tirith in The Lord of the Rings movies - it wouldn't have been so fun if Osgiliath hadn't fallen, first, if there hadn't been a period of tension precluding the most epic scene like, ever.You don't have to wait for EW. But I know what's gonna happen. You want to.
Nuju has spoken. Amen.
All hail Nuju.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

I hope y'all have taken note of me protesting said actions as soon as I noticed them. The entire reason why our village is made from wood and has just a simple wall is that we did not want it to break the rules by being a big super-fortress at all. If we wanted that we would just have the relevant Toa characters make one post each day about how they are totally adding to the walls; resulting in a 5 meter thick iron shell with accompanying canopy and electrical charges constantly running through it.As it is, you may all assume that EW's description (which he did not run by any of us beforehand, with the exception of the plant camo which is only icing, really) is just the plan, and that with the exception of some minor additions to the wall, the village defenses have not changed.
Correct -- it's just the plan laid out so far. However, Nuju and I have spoken and he has no objections to what has been developed for Pala-Koro... because reasons. :P As far as I am concerned, the structure will not change from the planning to finished stages. Additionally, when I come back, the details and mechanics of the elemental wards and the mysterious blocks will be explained.And Katuko, I would like to see you build a wall and village with ten workers in a week's time. I thought we were supposed to play realistically here...? :P More of a jibe than a rebuttal, but again, no objections from the staff emerged, so it stays as is.

Benluke, relax a bit.Quoting a quoted post isn't bad. It gets bad when people start triple, quadruple, or even quintuple quoting.
I am relaxed. Just trying to keep bad habits from developing here, okay. It doesn't take very much work to delete a quote within a post you're quoting, anyway.. . .Wait Nuju and EW are planning something together? I son't know whether to quake with fear or to jump up and down in anticipation. . .

We all have big plans here.Not just EW.The fact that he's a veteran doesn't constitute the need to let him transform Pala-Koro into a Masada-level strength invincible fortress, thus rendering the war impossible for the Makuta-follower side.-Dovydas
Actually, he's probably changed it all into a massive CAGE (I actually read the post) to catch all those pesky ILS members for Ambages who is in the Good Gentry what-ever-you-call-it. The elemental charges just stop toa from exiting the premises, and then they'll all be hidden forever by camouflage, that's if whatever's in those bricks doesn't nuke them first. I mean, after having most things blow up or crushed by EW (with Nuju's seal of approval), I feel like I know where this is going. Even if I am being arrogant when I type it.Also, Benny, always feel anticipation and excitement when Nuju and EW plan. Also, be ready to read a hundred pages of posts immediately following the start.

Oh Jesus.Ga-Koro.That's where half of my chars are.-Dovydas
Same here.Am I the only one predicting an Oceanic Six v. Rahkshi curbstomp? And not favorable for the Matotran?And perhaps Joske v. Rahkshi?

fK5oqYf.jpg

Correct -- it's just the plan laid out so far. However, Nuju and I have spoken and he has no objections to what has been developed for Pala-Koro... because reasons. :P As far as I am concerned, the structure will not change from the planning to finished stages. Additionally, when I come back, the details and mechanics of the elemental wards and the mysterious blocks will be explained.And Katuko, I would like to see you build a wall and village with ten workers in a week's time. I thought we were supposed to play realistically here...? :P More of a jibe than a rebuttal, but again, no objections from the staff emerged, so it stays as is.
I wasn't aware you had staff permission for an NPC army and elemental wards (still wonder how those even work with island-tech?). That's the kind of thing you should mention before you rearrange a location so many players are based in, over the course of one post. I mean, sure, it'll take time, but this is tearing down huts we are talking about here. If any characters happens to want to stop them, they are still 50 NPCs with an AFK PC driver.EDIT: If you want to spring any surprise - either on the ILS or their enemies - I ask that you at least describe what, exactly, is so special about the special blocks in the wall. Otherwise you essentially have free reign to decide on the spot; whether it be gunpowder to blow up or hidden weapons to use or stored magnetic charges which a Toa can abuse to repel those who approach... we would have no way of confirming which you originally planned. Edited by Katuko